Returning Veno needs help and tips

Options
braca
braca Posts: 5 Arc User
edited August 2017 in General Discussion
Hi :)
I've been playing PWI from the start, but I was always casual, never caring too much about gear and being the best on server... I quit like 6 years ago, and now nostalgia took over and I decided to start playing again. Casually of course :)
My Veno is lvl99 (I know, I was too lazy to lvl her to 100 xD) but is HEAVILY undergeared. I gifted all my gear, mats and all I had to some friends before I started playing. I have some ingame gear that I got from quests (lvl12 or G12). But, I DO HAVE HERC :D

So, what would be my next step? I forgot almost everything about game and state of gearing, instances and so on... I am guessing finding a helpful guild would be preferable... What about gear, what should I aim for first? I am not sure I can solo anything with gear I have atm, but I am hoping that I will find a guild or some players that are willing to carry me through instances xD Or am I too optimistic?

Anyway, thanks in advance for help and guidance. Cheers! :)

EDIT: Oh, I forgot to add that i am not planning on cash shopping and that I am poor (only 1.5 mil atm) :blush:
Post edited by braca on

Comments

• catgirldesu
    catgirldesu Posts: 993 Arc User
    Options
    Hello~ Welcome back to PWI.

I suggest taking a look at the PWI Gamepedia page. There you can find a lot of useful articles. The General Information section is a pretty good place to start, along with the Equipment page.

The Venomancer page is mostly up to date and a great place to refresh your memory on Venomancer mechanics. There is also the Useful Venomancer Links which links to several useful forum threads or tools which you might find useful later on.

I have a YouTube Channel where I sometimes post Venomancer-related guides or informative videos. Newer videos cover newer game content, but if you dig through the channel you can find videos of older content as well, which might be relevant to your current level. You can find more Venomancer channels in the Useful Venomancer Links thread, though many of them tend to be mostly about PvP.

Lastly, if you have a Facebook account I suggest joining the PWI Facebook Group. You can post questions there and people will gladly help you out. It's also a pretty good place to search for a faction or some partners to play with; just remember to state your character's name and server. There are also server-specific Facebook Groups. These forums are, unfortunately, a bit inactive so it's much more likely to find help in the Facebook Group.

If you can't find your server/character then take a look at this news page. We had server merges in 2015.

My personal advice for you:
    Normally I would have said to start over fresh, but if you have a Hercules pet then it would be a shame not to use it. It's a very useful pet and it can evolve at level 100 which allows you to take it everywhere (land, air, underwater) and customize its stats and skills. However, if you're an EU player stuck on a NA server, you might consider starting over so that you can play in the server's timezone and not miss out on events.

If you choose to continue with your current Venomancer:
    In this case, I suggest looking for some help in the PWI Facebook Group to get you to level 100 and then have you rebirth, which turns you back to level 1.

This gives you access to new areas in the game but also allows you to "start over" in a way. You can wear your higher level gear after rebirth if you have the right attributes, but you're also given some free newbie gear to get you through until you have enough attribute points to wear your old gear. You might have to tame a temporary pet, but by level 50 (or 60, I forgot) you can use your level 100 pets again. You can complete quests you didn't complete the first time around and gain access to some new ones. You also get x4 EXP than normal from quests or killing monsters so leveling won't take too long. This should be good enough to get you back into the game and by the time you reach level 100 again, you'll have some experience to figure out what to do next (or just ask!).

If you start over:
    In this case, I strongly advice to select the server that's closest to your timezone so that you can attend in-game events with no trouble. Ask for some help, faction or buddies in the Facebook Group to help you get on your feet. The game now gives out a lot of useful items for new players, whenever you reach certain levels or complete a certain amount of quests.

Pages of interest:
    Perfect Questmaster
    Jolly Old Jones quests
    Daily Quests (with level requirements displayed)

​​
  • braca
    Options
    Thank you very much for the answer :) I have already looked at some guides and general tips, but it is so overwhealming I got lost and didnt know where to start. I just needed the thing you did - a few pointers where to go from where I am now and just get into it. I live in Europe, so my main is on EU server, and that is not a problem :)

I was thinking of starting all over. I love Veno class, but I also love my herc so.. I am not sure. Maybe I could try with Mystic, as closest to Veno by playstyle with their summons. Not sure yet.

Thank you again for great answer and tips :)
  • shopcheese
    shopcheese Posts: 758 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    Options
    If you havent done it already, you can get some free lv95 untradeable gear by doing the pink Morai questlines (wristguards, top, pants, boots, helmet, weapon), it would also give you enough exp to get to 100 by doing the quests. You might want help with it though with the lack of current gear.
    Herc gets a good upgrade if you can get him to lv100 and evovle him!
  • braca
    Options
    @shopcheese I think that is the gear i have atm: Lvl95, R12 (... of Twilight) :D
  • shopcheese
    shopcheese Posts: 758 Arc User
    Options
    Oh. When you said lv12 i literally thought you meant gear you can wear at character level 12 lol!
  • braca
    edited August 2017
    Options
    See? I NEED HELP!!!! :blush: