Reduce Faction Size

Options
fury85
fury85 Posts: 277 Arc User
edited August 2017 in Suggestion Box
Hello,
due to the low population, I will suggest to reduce faction size limit from 200 to 100.

That will help to create more competitive factions and to populate better TW and xTW, get more chance to have a fight and fun.

Also I suggest to reduce TW to a 50 vs 50 or 60 vs 60. Map is little and 80 vs 80 other than hard to fill is close to be unplayable due to the old graphic engine.
Roar_King
Level 105 Barbarian with Deity Stone

Comments

• beast21g
    beast21g Posts: 631 Arc User
    Options
    if you would kick the alts and people who log once per week there is your 100 people.
    Plus remove alts from TW factions, cause most small guilds survive having alts from bigger guilds
  • shopcheese
    shopcheese Posts: 758 Arc User
    Options
    Reducing faction size would be very problematic, you already received a pretty good answer why in this thread. Chances are it would do more damage than good.
    Its a shame, but I think we should look at what we can do for xTW/TW instead to make it match our version of the game, rather than forcing factions to change their policies and kicking people.
  • beast21g
    Options
    shopcheese wrote: »
    Reducing faction size would be very problematic, you already received a pretty good answer why in this thread. Chances are it would do more damage than good.
    Its a shame, but I think we should look at what we can do for xTW/TW instead to make it match our version of the game, rather than forcing factions to change their policies and kicking people.

people dont have fun at their main factions so they have alts in smaller factions or alt factions to have some fan. But that destroyes fan of a smaller faction.
    Reducing amount of people, will force people to split in other guilds. Thats not such a bad thing. More good geared people around in more factions, will give something like a better tw from a wined one
  • hmmmmedic
    hmmmmedic Posts: 41 Arc User
    Options
    fury85 wrote: »
    Hello,
    due to the low population, I will suggest to reduce faction size limit from 200 to 100.

That will help to create more competitive factions and to populate better TW and xTW, get more chance to have a fight and fun.

Also I suggest to reduce TW to a 50 vs 50 or 60 vs 60. Map is little and 80 vs 80 other than hard to fill is close to be unplayable due to the old graphic engine.

We paid to go from 100 players to 200 so bad idea unless you want to give us our coins back

• blazerboy
    blazerboy Posts: 1,673 Arc User
    Options
    I actually like the idea of reducing from 200 to say 100 heck even 150 isn't too bad imho but @shopcheese is right too many undergeared ppl will feel alienated so eh can't please everyone even though long term it may help
    105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
    http://mypers.pw/5/#258958
  • cosmosia1989
    cosmosia1989 Posts: 165 Arc User
    Options
    Better if you just limit the amount of ppl that can enter TW/xTW. 40 for xTW and TW would be perfect imho. This way, even smaller faction can be competitive. Ofc, you have the possibility of getting pure NP, max geared ppl in the fac but why would they wanna do that? Easy GG is mostly no fun, just saying.
  • shopcheese
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Well I just think 100 is just a bad number. Guessing the top tier factions have around the 100 active players (that log on daily for a couple hours) plus minus a few. Rest less active members (more casual like people) will be kicked. You think they gonna go form a new competitive faction? I think not, they will most likely just become more inactive pvp wise, if not just quitting. Theres quite a chance of people quit over something like that, and thats not what we need right now.

If anything it should be reduced way lower that forces the competitive people apart into more groups, but it would change the style of pwi completely, which is why I think this might not be the best idea, also with chances of people quitting.

For xTW i really believe reducing the lands would help a lot. For TW you'll prolly have to reduce the number of players to enter or/and a new battlefield map.
    beast21g wrote: »
    people dont have fun at their main factions so they have alts in smaller factions or alt factions to have some fan.
    Maybe an amount of people that do that - but thats not the case for everybody that have alts in smaller faction. This game is very alt focused (barely anything worth doing only using 1 character), which is why so many people play an alt or more. But your main faction cannot hold all those alts. So if you dont wanna be factionless / limited people to talk with when you are on alt, you have to join a smaller faction. If i could have all my alts in my main faction, i would probably never had joined a smaller faction.
  • beast21g
    Options
    @shopcheese well some people have alts full r999 with more than decent refines.
    I think TW rules must be changed cause they are obsolete these days.
    Sharing accounts for tw/xtw and things like that.

First make better rules for TW and change the grey areas at TOS and we can talk with a base. Untill then we will be like we are and the situation wont be changed like never
  • shopcheese
    Options
    So do I. Multiple r9.3 alts even.
    But glad you seem to agree on its the TW etc that needs fixes.
  • emanuelly#5715
    emanuelly#5715 Posts: 31 Arc User
    Options
    Better if you just limit the amount of ppl that can enter TW/xTW. 40 for xTW and TW would be perfect imho. This way, even smaller faction can be competitive. Ofc, you have the possibility of getting pure NP, max geared ppl in the fac but why would they wanna do that? Easy GG is mostly no fun, just saying.

Really, if you reduce the number of people in the war, will be more competitive, with smaller factions having greater chances of victory, and also the large factions having more chances to defend a combo.

It will also greatly reduce lag.

The time of the wars could also be reduced to 1 hour and the winner to be determined by the amount of HP remaining in the Crystal.