Something has to be done.

xskysoldier
xskysoldier Posts: 128 Arc User
I feel like Pwi will actually not last long if the devs won't do something about it.
I love this game so much because i met some awesome and amazing friends. I hate how it's going, and i feel like the devs don't actually care about the community who want this game to go on for a long time. For example, how come nothing has been done to make this game "new player friendly"? There's a few mmo's that are new player friendly, and increased in getting more people. I'm pretty sure Pwi can do the same. But all the devs care about is money and milking from the old players who are still playing in all the servers. I'm not planning on quitting, i just feel like something really should be done so this game won't get shut down in the future because i know the old players that are keeping the game alive, will quit and they are the reason why Pwi is still standing.

Comments

• valdisman
    valdisman Posts: 568 Arc User
    The game is still active but not like it was. I can't see this game ever dying as there are people who will always buy to stay ahead because they can and egos to fulfill.

In terms of getting new people to join and stay, the gap between a majority of players now and new players is enormous. People have paid and farmed to get to where they are over the years and by just putting new players near that level would kill the object of MMO and would turn it into how P servers run. What I have noticed is there isn't any real incentive for new players to stay and work towards getting on par with other players..
    #kylehawkinsuck
    Moonshine drinker
    In a world of 10s, be an 11.
  • xskysoldier
    valdisman wrote: »
    The game is still active but not like it was. I can't see this game ever dying as there are people who will always buy to stay ahead because they can and egos to fulfill.

In terms of getting new people to join and stay, the gap between a majority of players now and new players is enormous. People have paid and farmed to get to where they are over the years and by just putting new players near that level would kill the object of MMO and would turn it into how P servers run. What I have noticed is there isn't any real incentive for new players to stay and work towards getting on par with other players..

It is possible the game can die if the old players just suddenly quit, and they are the one's who have been keeping the game alive because i think most of the old players put a lot of money in the game.
    I wish the devs actually do something to make the game more fun and actually care.

• pdq314
    pdq314 Posts: 6 Arc User
    Really? Joined in 2014 but you're the first person to say "Hey, this game needs my input or it's gonna die real soon?"
  • xskysoldier
    pdq314 wrote: »
    Really? Joined in 2014 but you're the first person to say "Hey, this game needs my input or it's gonna die real soon?"

I actually joined in 2013 and there's a few people who feel the same way as me. I'm just saying the game might actually die if the old players who cs a lot from all the servers quit.

• kalystconquerer#0876
    kalystconquerer#0876 Posts: 1,421 Perfect World Employee
    Hello!

In the next content update, we have a decent chunk of quality of life changes (ex. Transmutation and other undisclosed changes).

That being said, I think there can always be more done, especially for our lower level players and our F2P. We've opened up a more direct line to the devs recently, so this will be something I will bring up to them in the near future on how they approach becoming new player friendly, or if they are hearing this same sort of feedback from their players in CN.

And if nothing else, I can always request features or content specific to our version and build proposals for them (weather its packs to give new players for example or even new events). It's unfortunately not a fast process, especially when it comes to suggesting created content, but the sooner I send these requests to be looked at the faster it can come into our version.

Alot is happening behind the scenes, so I hope players will look forward to it!
  • npc15
    npc15 Posts: 229 Arc User
    Hello!

In the next content update, we have a decent chunk of quality of life changes (ex. Transmutation and other undisclosed changes).

Any news yet on when the new update is coming out?
    WbG9jxx.png
    Thanks Adilynne for the awesome sig :)
    My Youtube Channel

Tempest <3
  • xskysoldier
    Hello!

That being said, I think there can always be more done, especially for our lower level players and our F2P. We've opened up a more direct line to the devs recently, so this will be something I will bring up to them in the near future on how they approach becoming new player friendly, or if they are hearing this same sort of feedback from their players in CN.

And if nothing else, I can always request features or content specific to our version and build proposals for them (weather its packs to give new players for example or even new events). It's unfortunately not a fast process, especially when it comes to suggesting created content, but the sooner I send these requests to be looked at the faster it can come into our version.

There's so much the devs can do to make this game more fun and such for the F2P players. Because there's really not much the F2P players and new players can do to catch up fast.

• kalystconquerer#0876
    kalystconquerer#0876 Posts: 1,421 Perfect World Employee
    @npc15 Soon(TM)

I mean, that's the same response I'm giving everyone, but it's definitely sooner rather than later!

@xskysoldier I'll start trying to explore these options with them and see what we can cook up together! I'm actually pretty optimistic :)
  • orangeitis
    orangeitis Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    @kalystconquerer#0876 The situation may be worse than you, or many of my fellow players realize. I feel that there's waaay too big of a gap between normal quest grinding and dungeon boss fights. Newbies without the backing of an endgame-capable alt aren't capable of making that leap without someone else(who is of endgame capability) walking them through each boss. This is particularly bad, as unless one pays their life savings to the botique, one must grind these dungeons in order to even get endgame power. Newbies are stuck between a rock and a hard place, as it were.

Most players won't recognize i the problem, as they're already endgame-strength and don't need help soloing nstances to farm materials for their alts to climb the ladder.

I suggest an incentive for endgame-capable players to help new players. Perhaps like the old FB tablet system, where each party member gets a prize, except on a much larger scale.

As the thread title says, something has to be done. With no one running much of anything besides dailies unless they're farming for themselves, newbies, especially IRL-poor ones don't have any options on the table.
    Post edited by orangeitis on
  • yoyohoho
    yoyohoho Posts: 34 Arc User
    that is the best idea i have heard in a very very long time Orangeitis, increasing the rewards for FB tabs could really improve the situation for new / low players
  • magicsabre
    magicsabre Posts: 167 Arc User
    I don't think, that intrusion of the high-level players into low-level quests will improve current situation of the pwi. I never liked to be observer in pwi. More, some quests need to be restricted to players of proper level only.

But for those, who have many alts such rewards for "help" (to their own alts) will be like useful exploit.
  • shimarra
    shimarra Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    Hello!

What game do you play, since you say you play, where 20k exp is worth 1 gold? I'm talking specifically about the item new in boutique. You know and oracle cost way freaking less right? Seriously doubting you play the game and that useful content for new players is upcoming.

Ancient memory kill it within 30 seconds to gain aprox 20k exp lv 60-69 costs 1 gold or 4-5m coins.
    Oracle lv 60 costs 9 tokens of luck which is about 100k coins, to get 27k exp. You could do 40 of them for 4m and get 1,080,000 exp.

• kkemz
    kkemz Posts: 73 Arc User
    They need to change the drops, once you get ( Duke outfit ) I think?? the quest for low levels end to receive better armor and weapons have some of these dungeons drop better armor and weapons.
  • yayoblow#4632
    yayoblow#4632 Posts: 66 Arc User
    nope pwi is fine the way it is. dont change anything.
  • wettstyle
    wettstyle Posts: 236 Arc User
    Back before RT was released, top player's loved helping out with Tab's FB. Had a tab, you litterly had to tell people sorry already got someone, In fact there was times also They would whisper you wondering if by chance you needed any runs with Tab's :). If I remember correctly was generally the case cuz There was incentives for the tabber and the helper's xD.
  • laiwaisan
    laiwaisan Posts: 1,123 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    lol I can fix the game with just three modifications lol

1.Get rid f gear repair bill its outdated and none of the new MMO's are doing it.

2 .A pass refine to any lv gear stone that will pass full refine to any gear regardless of level.

also a stone that keeps refine on a rerolling g-16 that isnt 250$ usd in chekun stones just to reroll and keep the refine only one time by far is insane and for god sake make the stones affordable like 10 bucks which can add up with every re roll but at least it isnt 250$ usd on every single reroll just to keep a refine of +10 one time my god that is insanely overpriced

3.Socket stones OMFG ok so to add another socket to a lv 10 gear i think it was was reasonable but after that i think i wanted to add a socket to g-16 and literally fell off my seat wtf .So fix that and your done

YOU WELCOME PWI I JUST FIX YOUR GAME saved many jobs at your company and made the world a better place for MMO'ers everywhere in the world

you can send me a Crown of Madness,Wings of ascension,Emperor Tomb and why we are at it as a special thank you since i don't work for pwi and this is only pixel reward from you a special Accounts Stashable S-Card Max out Lv 80 Durability with picture of kalystconquerer on it with the following stats

God of Frenzy
    Revenge

card will say
    kalystconquerer ON TOP

And the Quote on the bottom will say

Kneel Before Zod

lol lol lol lol

• nightmare201
    nightmare201 Posts: 50 Arc User
    laiwaisan wrote: »
    lol I can fix the game with just three modifications lol

1.Get rid f gear repair bill its outdated and none of the new MMO's are doing it.

2 .A pass refine to any lv gear stone that will pass full refine to any gear regardless of level.

also a stone that keeps refine on a rerolling g-16 that isnt 250$ usd in chekun stones just to reroll and keep the refine only one time by far is insane and for god sake make the stones affordable like 10 bucks which can add up with every re roll but at least it isnt 250$ usd on every single reroll just to keep a refine of +10 one time my god that is insanely overpriced

3.Socket stones OMFG ok so to add another socket to a lv 10 gear i think it was was reasonable but after that i think i wanted to add a socket to g-16 and literally fell off my seat wtf .So fix that and your done

YOU WELCOME PWI I JUST FIX YOUR GAME saved many jobs at your company and made the world a better place for MMO'ers everywhere in the world

you can send me a Crown of Madness,Wings of ascension,Emperor Tomb and why we are at it as a special thank you since i don't work for pwi and this is only pixel reward from you a special Accounts Stashable S-Card Max out Lv 80 Durability with picture of kalystconquerer on it with the following stats

God of Frenzy
    Revenge

card will say
    kalystconquerer ON TOP

And the Quote on the bottom will say

Kneel Before Zod

lol lol lol lol

That....doesn't fix any of the major problems already listed. The first one is the only one that'll really help any f2p new players. The rest are all for the cashers who want to make the game easier for themselves.

The problems, as others have listed, are the fact that the game has a massive gulf of power between casher and f2p players, even with g16. And g16 itself is a pain in the **** to get if you have no money and can't just craft it.
  • dtain
    dtain Posts: 25 Arc User
    pdq314 wrote: »

There's been Doom Sayers since, ever. /joined in 2010
    sage barb best barb
  • valdisman
    valdisman Posts: 568 Arc User
    Every single way of making money by using in game methods is being removed and made possible to get by paying fml. Glyphs? Oh we will make it possible to buy them with lucky coins, no need to run instances to get them or work to get ahead. Need Perfect Stones? Oh we will make it possible to buy them too by the same method. You even charge for Basic Badges.

I would like to know what the purpose or aim of this MMO currently is. You can't say it's to make friends and together increase in level to run high risk instances for high risk rewards as everything is buy-able, even the exp.

You might as well just charge everyone a monthly fee and include all content for everyone as that is the way the game is going.
    #kylehawkinsuck
    Moonshine drinker
    In a world of 10s, be an 11.
  • xskysoldier
    valdisman wrote: »
    Every single way of making money by using in game methods is being removed and made possible to get by paying fml. Glyphs? Oh we will make it possible to buy them with lucky coins, no need to run instances to get them or work to get ahead. Need Perfect Stones? Oh we will make it possible to buy them too by the same method. You even charge for Basic Badges.

I would like to know what the purpose or aim of this MMO currently is. You can't say it's to make friends and together increase in level to run high risk instances for high risk rewards as everything is buy-able, even the exp.

You might as well just charge everyone a monthly fee and include all content for everyone as that is the way the game is going.

@kalystconquerer#0876 I really agree, this is a p2w game. Idk why it says this game is F2P

• dtain
    I really agree, this is a p2w game. Idk why it says this game is F2P

Because playing doesn't mean winning. You even just said it yourself, Pay To Win & Free To Play.
    sage barb best barb
  • eland20
    eland20 Posts: 42 Arc User
    Hello,
    I wanna say somthing too :)

I already said it in other threads over a year ago but i like to repeat myself.

1. Fix the dead instances (Frostcovered City, Nirvana etc.)
    2. Make a End to the flood of useless bounded Items
    3. Increase the rewards according to the new challenges
    4. make sanity prices in the boutique (Who the **** going to pay 3k usd for r9 + another 2k usd for refinment + more for avatars, glyphs etc.?) (or on the low budget side why pay 1 usd for production material junk)
    5. build up a fair way to catch up to the end-game ( impossible for f2p by dailys )
    6. bring up ways to farm and manufacture armors and weapons which are not useless
    7. drop the need of boutique items

To clarify, i stopped playing since the glyphen update.
    For me, pwi hast to much dead content and keeps creating
    to much more new content where i can not keep up anymore.
    It consumes to much of my time to keep the armor and all the rest up to date.
    To many dailys which made it impossible to socialize and do things for fun.

I did not like the homesteadupdate and especially not the pokemone-arena-update of it.
    I liked the introduction of new armor and weapons beside r9 in the homesteadupdate
    but i did not like the way how to farm it.
    I did not like the massive changes in the skill-trees through the continuous updates of new
    advanced skills and passive skills.

From my point of view pwi totally lost the focus of creating an interesting consistent environment.
    Instead they brought the death to several contents by introducing new content which outdate the old content.
    The environment is not consistent and less interessting.
    The task to become end-game seems to take far to long by considering the daily effort
    and the potential new updates while trying to reach end-game.

To be honest i strongly believe that pwi try to bring the game to an end.
    They can not just shut down the servers because the people who bought stuff would just
    go straight to the lawyers. They create a unfriendly and uninteresting environment until
    every player left voluntarily without lawsuits.

Summarize:
    Too many changes in a too short time and in my eyes alot of bad decisions.

Never the less:
    For me i am very happy for this development because it threw me out of the game
    and i got more time for the serious things in the real world.
    Thank you pwi for my therapy.

• laiwaisan
    I think my fix is reasonable but i do feel like pwi takes away any shape way or form of making in game coin im not 100% sure but i think later primal and neverfall quests don't give you coin or reputation i don't think for turning in quests also if they were to shouldn't the reward reflect the difficulty neverfall it self is insanely difficult .

As for bring back dead instances FF power leveling wraith gate trophy mode never going to happen accept it i have and i want FF back.

i'm not a doom sayer because i seen this game do horrible things to try to kil itself like fox 13 trys to run a 1 season show to try to sale it to some other company then start writing bad to try to kill the show and shows like lucifer stick threw because great actors

Pwi has by far the most esticaly pleasing toon creation that 2012-to present day still has not been able to match fully on the pc

Lets face it we know this game is D&D meets the sims meets pokeymon go 3 highly addicting games rolled into one then you add online gambling with chance packs lol this game was meant to be crack by the time you figure out this game is a sink hole its to late.

• dtain
    I make all my money from running FWS, and selling T3 weapons. Even a terrible roll will sell for 50m. Plus any extra Essence of Offense and Warsong Medals that I get. Does this income compare to cashing in $100 and buying some packs that are 50% off? No way. Last time I spent $100 on packs I gained somewhere between 300 and 500m in value. I think... This was about 2 years ago :s

PWI is Free to Play.

But it's a landslide Pay to Win.

Should we get a new use for old instances like Nirvana and FC? Yes, defintely. But will we...? I think it'll never happen. The devs have been making lots of new things with new quests that take you to new dungeons to kill new bosses.

P.S. Have you ever noticed the Wheel of Fate weapon animation is used underneath the crystals at Endless Universe? It's the same color and everything, all they did was make it big enough to surround the crystals.
    sage barb best barb
  • laiwaisan
    FWS full warsoul? LMAO isnt that a full crew and im guessing r9 so you already invested god how much before you can turn a profit im thinking majority of players that think g-16 and tt green is op lol if you did it free its like 1-2 years right ? religiously basically having a second real job

I belive Pwi needs to make money to keep going but i think my way is reasonable balance all the other stuff let it all burn
  • nunuator
    nunuator Posts: 455 Arc User
    First of all if we want to make this game more F2P friendly these steps need to be taken..

1.) We need to have a GM sold gold price which is constantly in stock so player can take advantage of promo's without having to cash for everything like what is happening now.

2.) Farms need to be revamped...

Since the introduction of PWI Twilight temple had always been a great farm and even allowed players to make a couple hundred million during a single 2x...
    Now, unfortunately, nearly every drop from Twilight temple is worthless.

My solution is to introduce a twilight temple forge which allows you to trade the mats you get for G17 mats.
    Not only would this benefit old players and encourage them to go farm some old instances it would provide noobs with the boost of coin and experience that they need and a goal to aim for when farming.

3.) Bloods and sky levels need to be taken out or made easier to achieve.

I've seen tons of new players hop into the game play for roughly 2 weeks and even cash full +2/3's R9R3 +12 but still struggle with PvP due to the massive passive and sky level gap.

A new player legitimately has to spend 6 months of repetitive dailes just to get a decent sky level of twilight sky..

That's not even including the new sky level of Twilight sky 5 needed to even get all 6 glyph slots unlocked so a player can actually complete a cultivation.

I've seen some steps taken but, even the 8k vitae order for dawnlight hall isn't helping since most players will completely ignore new players due to the lack of gear and or passives etc.

My solution is quite strange but, I can see it working.
    A dungeon dedicated to farming vitae whether it be pills or just straight vitae from killing bosses. *Nudge nudge wink wink* lunar revamp.

I feel like honestly these are the steps needed to "save" pwi but, the hidden gem would be an engine revamp but a player can dream.
  • laiwaisan
    ummmm well those things would be nice no doubt but people been saying steps to save game since i think 2009-2010 so thats not true lol and as for sky level that was actually easy especially when they gave out legacy marks and ancient gifts later threw quest lines they usually run you threw over 30-50 percent towards your next sky and when you hit never fall they cut the distance with really good vitae quests but there is a point where geting your last 2-3 twilights is like trying to get to lv 105 from 103 feeling
  • dtain
    laiwaisan wrote: »
    FWS full warsoul? LMAO isnt that a full crew and im guessing r9 so you already invested god how much before you can turn a profit im thinking majority of players that think g-16 and tt green is op lol if you did it free its like 1-2 years right ? religiously basically having a second real job

I belive Pwi needs to make money to keep going but i think my way is reasonable balance all the other stuff let it all burn

First of all, FWS itself means Full Warsong you don't need to say it twice. Second, nobody needs R9 or even T3 to complete a FWS. I can't make sense of the second half of your post.
    sage barb best barb
  • xcybershot
    xcybershot Posts: 17 Arc User
    We need just lesser dailys and more farmable dungeons what are worth to farm not like this what we got now! Look at pk why is it dead? Cuz u come home start the game make 4h dailys logging off and sleep! Most ppl havnt time to have fun then all is to time intensive or expensive (charms pots gs) i would make arena and dh more worth with rewards what we have to farm from **** dailys ( starchart vitae bloods cardsets) dh was a nice new dungeon cuz isnt farmable solo but it isnt it worth to do! It takes to long and glyths are cheap as hell if it is buyable over lucky coins.

And pls make arena in 2 classes with def and dd cap. My squad is only g16 and we are at 1300 points cuz we get alltimes rekt by higher geared ppl. We are just feeder for other bit self we arnt able to get the rewards.