When are you fixing things?!!

Options
sensualsoul
sensualsoul Posts: 282 Arc User
edited July 2017 in General Discussion
Since your last mainttenance PWI has been broken, at first we got updates. Not very detailed nor with any real info on when things would be fixed but at least it was something. A "restart of the server" would "fix" everything...only it didn't! So after that NOTHING! No new updates not even a "Sorry it's still broken we are working on it." Yeah seems like it's not much but it would of agknowledged the fact that you know that the game is still broken and let us know you are working on it. Not know anything, not even that much makes it seem like you guys don't give a crude. Information, making sure people feel like you are on top of things is the number one thing in good customer relations. How about letting us know what is going on and when things will be fixed? We are now on day 2 or things still not working right, and that means there is very little for people to do. You guys do realize this is impacting your sales? If for no other reason then that you should give us some kind of an update!
~~~~~~~~~
Player Updates(This not from the GMs just what I'm hearing from other players.):

What other players are telling me is Dawnlight hall is working now. Is today MBH.
FSP is still broken.
EU is still broken and is todays BH.
Post edited by sensualsoul on

Best Answers

• sensualsoul
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Found where they where posting, I thought it was just a thread on instances...anyways
    Hello PWI players!

We have received reports regarding instances not working.

Our Engineers are attempting to pinpoint the issue, but if you can please drop details here to help better our investigation! Points of interest is Instance Name, Can you Enter Instance and at What Point Does it Fail would be most helpful!

We will be attempting a server restart/reboot on all servers first - if this does not fix the issues, then we will need CN to do a deeper check to see what's wrong.

Thank you for your patience while we investigate this matter!

**UPDATE**

I stayed last night to run multiple instance checks with the Engineers as they worked through it, with me verifying. We finally got a fix for all the instances and we will be patching it for tonight's Emergency Maintenance! Also, the issue with Action Stones will be fixed in tonight's patch as well!

NOTICE : This Maintenance will occur during the Dragon's Conquest bidding session (11 PM PST) so please be aware of this! We will be monitoring DC rigorously during this time to make sure no abnormalities will occur.

Thank you all for your continued patience while we resolve this matter and please be sure to plan accordingly!

Thank you.
  • teabagg
    teabagg Posts: 1,082 Arc User
    Answer ✓
    Options
    dont make threads like this anymore because they are pointless.PW wont leave this kinda mess up because this isnt how they shut down instances..they have other ways of doing that.

Answers

• pdq314
    pdq314 Posts: 6 Arc User
    Options
    Speaking as someone whose job it is to fix things other people have broken, It will be fixed when it's goddamn fixed, and not a moment sooner.

They know something is wrong, and they will apply a patch when they have a patch to apply. Scratching at the door will not make it go a goddamn bit faster.
  • sensualsoul
    edited July 2017
    Options
    First off no need to curse at me, I have a right to ask for some kind of info on when things they THEY broke will be fixed. Letting us know SOMETHING would not be that freaking hard to do nor would it hurt them to post something! And as for someone that has worked with the public talking to your "customers" is what keeps them feeling like a damn is given! And it might not make it go faster but it would let us know if we should even bother to log on! Not sure who pissed on your cornflakes but it wasn't me so shove your foul language where the sun don't shine!
    Post edited by sensualsoul on
  • pdq314
    pdq314 Posts: 6 Arc User
    Options
    First off no need to curse at me, I have a right to ask for some kind of info on when things they THEY broke will be fixed. Letting us know SOMETHING would not be that freaking hard to do nor would it hurt them to post something! And as for someone that has worked with the public talking to your "customers" is what keeps them feeling like a damn is given! And it might not make it go faster but it would let us know if we should even bother to log on! Not sure who pissed on your cornflakes but it wasn't me so shove your foul language where the sun don't shine!

You're absolutely right, you have every right to say anything at all you want to say.

It's not going to make a tiny bit of difference to the speed of bugs getting fixed. As such, you'd be better off typing that message into Notepad, and deleting it when you're done.

Just to be factual, I didn't curse at *you*, I just used a curse word to describe the situation. Rest assured, you'll be aware when and if I chose to curse at *you*.
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    kalystconquerer#0876 Posts: 1,421 Perfect World Employee
    Options
    It was entirely not...fun, running around trying to figure out what broke as this was something I had never encountered before (and I don't remember the last time they broke multiple instances like this, even in all my time playing.)

That being said, we've included a new round of checks that will be performed on every patch going forward to ensure we catch this before it happens!
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,807 Community Moderator
    Options
    It was entirely not...fun, running around trying to figure out what broke as this was something I had never encountered before (and I don't remember the last time they broke multiple instances like this, even in all my time playing.)

That being said, we've included a new round of checks that will be performed on every patch going forward to ensure we catch this before it happens!

Outch...