Too many coins on servers

Options
2»

Comments

• sqwishiebear
    sqwishiebear Posts: 1 Arc User
    Options
    Wish the developers would Bring back ff ect and increase coin drop grinding. Haven't played game 4 years but keep tabs on it hoping money comes back. Honestly I don't know how you guys can enjoy game this way. Any hope someone hi up in the company see this fixes it. I am sure I'll here about it Facebook if so. And prolly countless other waiting for this fix to happen.
  • scruncy
    scruncy Posts: 458 Arc User
    Options
    First step would be that PWI actually acknowledge that there is a hudge problem with the mass amounts of coins on the server.
    After that we could discuss possible solution.
    But as long as they think everything is fine as it is, there is no point for discussion.
  • scruncy
    scruncy Posts: 458 Arc User
    Options
    bump :|
  • nociro
    nociro Posts: 50 Arc User
    Options
    If all the new upcoming lc (lucky coin) exhanges would have been for actual coin instead of lc, that would have been one step forward.
    But no, it gotta be lc. More stuff that only appear ingame when people spend gold. Especially the glyph exchange is bad. Another market to die, barely any markets left. Im less dissapointed in chi stones as it cost COIN instead of lc.

But scruncy is right. Well not so much PWI but the devs, they gotta acknowledge the problem first, which they clearly havent.
  • emanuelly#5715
    emanuelly#5715 Posts: 31 Arc User
    Options
    To control the amount of coins on the server, I have the following suggestions:

1. Increase the quantity of 1 to 2 wines to forge "Triumph Money"
    2. Decrease the amount of coins or disable Jolly Old Jones quests
    3. Increase the fees charged to forge the gears
  • angellicdeity
    angellicdeity Posts: 641 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    Options
    To control the amount of coins on the server, I have the following suggestions:

1. Increase the quantity of 1 to 2 wines to forge "Triumph Money"
    2. Decrease the amount of coins or disable Jolly Old Jones quests
    3. Increase the fees charged to forge the gears

I have an easier one.

Put Zenith skulls as something purchaseable for 500m a piece. I guarantee you the server coins will dry up. The problem with PWI is they built coin sinks that nobody wants to use. Put something that people want to buy and the sink will work as expected. If not Zenith skulls - maybe finger beads or Arigora coins. Throw in 1 S-chest for 1b coins each.

Put something people need to progress as purchaseable from an NPC and I guarantee you coins will be sucked out of he economy .
  • baseaddress
    baseaddress Posts: 202 Arc User
    Options
    I agree. The problem is there is no any good coin sink. Homestead coin sink is not actual anymore.
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    kalystconquerer#0876 Posts: 1,421 Perfect World Employee
    Options
    JoJ coins is one of those older systems built a while back that I'm not even sure the devs can touch anymore. They surprise me from time to time, but that's one system I don't think I particularly want to mess with anyways.

Transmutation will draw some money out of the system, but it's a drop in the bucket compared to Homestead. There are other events coming in the next content update that will cost some coin to do but again, the impact will be small.

I think this might be a discussion I'd like to open to the devs, to see if they plan on any new more aggressive coin sinks in the future. In the meantime, I'll see how things go in game and if changes need to be made that we can do without dev's needing to do anything drastic, then I'll look at making those changes.
  • extreemskyguy
    extreemskyguy Posts: 30 Arc User
    Options
    The problem is players are getting greedy and pricing items off the hook expensive. Off the hook expensive meens inorder to get something you want you have to charge gold and sell it for coins. This then creates players that have to much wealth which then makes the game a pay to win rather than a free to play to win. Players need to realize that. GM's are not going to fix something that brings them money. Its ultimatlily up to players to squash the influx in coins and make things affordable for all to enjoy.
  • erokes
    erokes Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    Options
    The problem is players are getting greedy and pricing items off the hook expensive. Off the hook expensive meens inorder to get something you want you have to charge gold and sell it for coins. This then creates players that have to much wealth which then makes the game a pay to win rather than a free to play to win. Players need to realize that. GM's are not going to fix something that brings them money. Its ultimatlily up to players to squash the influx in coins and make things affordable for all to enjoy.

This^

And as far as Jolly Jones is concerned it really is the last ditch area to get easy coin for low Lvl players who aren't RB2. With the way the person above me stated things are just too over priced for the simple things so its one area that needs to stay. Not saying increase coin, the Machine can be fixed by removing the key item after 3 digs so no one will continue to "pretend-farm" on mounts or animal form. Or heck fresh quests for them.

But it is the Greed in game that has not let me enjoy the game as of late (and more people I know ARE leaving game). So I only see it getting much worse or the Cashers with billions gaining further after they figure out to evade or exploit things with any new content (Glyphs on 2x anyone? Lol). So id agree why would the company change to balance when they are getting bigger pay outs.

1zcj1jr.jpg

Xenryu ~ Chaotic Soul Venomancer {Retired}

A Horrified Fashionsta

~*~ I now reside in the game called Real Life with my husband LordLunaris ~*~
  • tolots
    tolots Posts: 103 Arc User
    Options
    Greed is all human and dominate in the real world aswell you can't stop this from happening. One cant blame somoene spending RL money on it to seek not for the best possible deal and same with owners of stuff thats in demand, there is zero reason for them to sell it cheaper when somoene paying the higher price. To deal with this and make a fair market all liability is with PWI to create a economy that can offer everyone fair progress. If they fail to deliver its not the players that are to blame because they just being humans.

Without the 4 mil hardcap in AH gold would have been at least 6m or even higher for a long time.

We got a huge coin sink but it takes time to take effect but eventually we will see the effects in a half year. My shop used to convert 8000 and on super sales up to 20000 lucky coins into coins with the value of ~150k coins per lucky coin. And thats only 1 shop ! Since the glyph for lucky coins announcment this went down to zero because the lucky coins stashing up in the pockets of interested partys that wishes to make high level glyphs and the selling price finally is again over the treshold were its profitable to make coins out of it. That allone prevent multiple of billions every week being generated

With a key sale price of 30 gold per 100 i see not much issues here regarding future coin sinks at the moment. However the foil items have the potential to flood the economy with cheap coins and opening a rift between cash shopper and causual cash shopper that also want to farm coins to buy their progress.
  • tolots
    tolots Posts: 103 Arc User
    Options
    The sheer announcment that glyphs can be obtained by lucky coins is the biggest coins sink so far. Yes its bad for farmers because it devalue the DH instance but my shop used to convert depending on what sales going on about 8000-20000 lucky coins each month into coins and im only 1 shop out of many. Now that the lucky coins went over the treshold of 150k i havn't converted any lucky coin into coin. This are many many billions of coins each month that are not longer injected into the system. With the new key price the ammount of gold foils comming into our economy is also reduced. I can already see the effects of this but it will still take some time to become more clearly visible.

@extreemskyguy
    The problem here aint the traders, if they sit on their stuff and can't sell it they have to reduce the price. Above that they compete against each other to buy and sell stuff and this drives prices always in a direction that is favorable for the People that use those traders. The problem is there are more than enough people willing to pay prices you find off the hook. The only solution to that is a bigger supply of desired items because only if the big spenders needs are saturated and they withdraw from the market prices have a chance to go lower. But this is also bad after a certain point, because if it become too easy to obtain stuff, the challenge and very reason to play pwi is taken away.

• beast21g
    beast21g Posts: 631 Arc User
    Options
    remove jolly jones please
  • angellicdeity
    angellicdeity Posts: 641 Arc User
    Options
    JoJ coins is one of those older systems built a while back that I'm not even sure the devs can touch anymore. They surprise me from time to time, but that's one system I don't think I particularly want to mess with anyways.

Transmutation will draw some money out of the system, but it's a drop in the bucket compared to Homestead. There are other events coming in the next content update that will cost some coin to do but again, the impact will be small.

I think this might be a discussion I'd like to open to the devs, to see if they plan on any new more aggressive coin sinks in the future. In the meantime, I'll see how things go in game and if changes need to be made that we can do without dev's needing to do anything drastic, then I'll look at making those changes.

The coin sinks need to be something people want - otherwise they continue to be poor and horrible coin sinks. Homestead was never a good coin sink.
  • baseaddress
    baseaddress Posts: 202 Arc User
    Options
    beast21g wrote: »
    It wont change something, even your useless posts here. We just need normal coin sink.
  • coinsrus
    coinsrus Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    Options
    beast21g wrote: »
    It wont change something, even your useless posts here. We just need normal coin sink.

Well, it could change a thing if you look at the hundreds of bots farming it.

A bit useless to implement coin sink and keep that horrible flow running.