"My Kingdom for a Catshop event"...

Options
sensualsoul
sensualsoul Posts: 282 Arc User
edited June 2017 in General Discussion
Srsly for this event you have to own a kindom. The CoM that was in the shop was way overpriced even for our server...2bil?! Players on this serve sellin' it for 1.5 to 1.7 tops. How about you make it so those of us that don't have that kinda coin have a chance at some of these items too! (FYI I wasn't lookin' to buy one.) Or is your plan to make the rich of the server richer? Because that's all this seems to be. I'm a bit sad I was hoping the items would be more player friendly priced. Well the joke's on you guys because even the rich didn't want to pay that much for the CoMs, last I saw no one bought it! Try and finding out what stuff is selling for before pricing the items why don't you? Now maybe some of the other server do sell that high but on Tideswell that was way over inflated. ):

Fail event in my book at least!

FYI to the haters... I'm allow to have an option don't like to bad! I at least live in a country where we have freedom of speech.
Post edited by sensualsoul on

Comments

• happyhail
    happyhail Posts: 129 Arc User
    Options
    And then you come to DawnGlory and a COM still sells for 3.5Bil+ and numerous people are jealous that they weren't able to buy it for only 2Bil

On a side note, thanks to Kalyst for finally running an event during US East hours on DG server,

It's incredibly minor and long past due but is greatly appreciated.

• laylay
    laylay Posts: 27 Arc User
    Options
    I wonder if China is aware of this event ... thought G17 mat and CoM are not allowed for sale xD
  • nadss
    nadss Posts: 21 Arc User
    Options
    Srsly for this event you have to own a kindom. The CoM that was in the shop was way overpriced even for our server...2bil?! Players on this serve sellin' it for 1.2 to 1.5 tops. How about you make it so those of us that don't have that kinda coin have a chance at some of these items too! Or is your plan to make the rich of the server richer? Because that's all this seems to be. I'm a bit sad I was hoping the items would be more player friendly priced. Well the joke's on you guys because even the rich didn't want to pay that much for the CoMs, last I saw no one bought it! Try and finding out what stuff is selling for before pricing the items why don't you? Now maybe some of the other server do sell that high but on Tideswell that was way over inflated. ):

So why didnt u buy that during key sale? Even with 2 weeks of sale we got what? 2 CoMs? I think 2b is a fair price for something really rare an u are sure to get without spending milions on keys or packs. As stated CoM its a very rare piece of gear and if it was lets say 1.5b i bet merchants would ve tried to make profit out of it. On a side note zenith skulls were sold for 100m but i dont think thats a big deal since u still need a sht load more for g17r4
  • kwixxy
    kwixxy Posts: 4 Arc User
    Options
    Srsly for this event you have to own a kindom. The CoM that was in the shop was way overpriced even for our server...2bil?! Players on this serve sellin' it for 1.2 to 1.5 tops. How about you make it so those of us that don't have that kinda coin have a chance at some of these items too! Or is your plan to make the rich of the server richer? Because that's all this seems to be. I'm a bit sad I was hoping the items would be more player friendly priced. Well the joke's on you guys because even the rich didn't want to pay that much for the CoMs, last I saw no one bought it! Try and finding out what stuff is selling for before pricing the items why don't you? Now maybe some of the other server do sell that high but on Tideswell that was way over inflated. ):

LOL @ this

GypsyGem thinks this was a fail event cause she didn't get to buy a cheap CoM....
    Not even during that whole spam of keys on our server was there a com for 1.2bill are you insane ... There was only one for 1.8bill and it sold so I don't know what you're talking about.
    I wonder if you'd make a post complaining if the CoM was for 500m and one lucky person got to buy it for far less than it's worth.
    You're forgetting that whatever price of the item you still need to be faster than everyone else on the server to buy it, so why are you complaining when you weren't even first to find the gm.... If the CoM was a good price it would of been bought by someone else and not you so I don't get why are you whining...
  • kyoske
    kyoske Posts: 163 Arc User
    Options
    and im here wondering what the heck is a kingdom
  • sensualsoul
    sensualsoul Posts: 282 Arc User
    Options
    @kwixxy I didn't buy it and probly won't buy one for a very long time if ever. As for me complaining, it's less a complaint and more me pointing out that it was a fail event. And well it was over priced and I'm really not the one that said it, it was people in game that where talking about it. When I get ready to buy one I'll buy from friends or factions as I always do, and I'm sure I will be quoted a fair price based on the going price on the server. Price are not the same on all servers and yeah I know it's rare which is besides the point seeing as other things not so rare where also overpriced and that's why NO one bought them. Don't know who you are and I don't care but I do know I have a right to voice my option don't like it don't read it. Have a good day.

@nadss I wasn't in the market for one so I wan't the one that was disappointed with this event but there where people that did want to buy one, I don't think anyone bought it though? Well not that I heard of anyways. Oh and I counted 6 CoM in the times that I was playing, might been more not sure since I don't live on PWI
  • nadss
    nadss Posts: 21 Arc User
    Options
    You have the right to voice ur opinions, that doesn't what you say it's smart. If someone really wants the helm it doesnt really matter spend 300m more than its real price, if you can afford to pay 1.7b for 1 single piece of gear u can most likely spend 2b (and ik ppl who would've bought it if they actually were on during the event).
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    kalystconquerer#0876 Posts: 1,421 Perfect World Employee
    Options
    If I make it cheaper for one server and not the others, it'd be considered favoritism. So to be fair to everyone, the items across the board were priced the same. That doesn't mean prices can't change in the future ;) If I do events and supply isn't going out by the bucketful, then it's relatively fine. This is just one of the many methods I'm rolling out and testing to inject more supply of these harder to find materials into the system.

That being said, I'll still be taking a look back at DC/TW/PvP related events, Contests and more to see where and how they can be improved to continue getting these kinds of items into players hands.

Random thought - would people like to vote in items for the next time this event happens?
  • isonaulti
    isonaulti Posts: 10 Arc User
    Options
    Random thought - would people like to vote in items for the next time this event happens?
    I vote for a tradeable Astrid token. B)