QQing about PVP

fury85
fury85 Posts: 277 Arc User
I’m really bored… and same as me many other people.
I’m worried about PvP situation.

We have:
Nation War: about all the maps full of alts that farm Supply Tokens. 90% of the maps are no sense as PvP.
Thursday Night Tournament: I already said that this event is very bad because all depend on numbers and you get a good fight 1 room every 100.
Arigora Colosseum: 6v6 is impossible. 3v3 you need to wait hours for 10 mins of PvP.
Territory War: Need half season before the 2 top faction start to fight but on both server where I play they wont to fight or no show :/
Dragon Conquest: When you hold more lands and start to have 3+ fights you don’t have more fun because that force you to skip better fights to join easy win land to get more points.

I want to try to suggest:
Dragon Conquest: Reduce the numbers of battles at max 2. You can have 1 attack and 1 defence. This way we all can have better fights and greatly reduce the chance to see no show or **** fights 20v20 in an huge map because factions need to split to cover 3+ lands. Also this way, ranking will be more close to the real value of the factions.
Cross Server Nation War: Was the best fun event. More participation than each other event. Bring it back! This time you can set the event at 2 different time to cover EU and NA time slot.
Cross Server Map: give us the access to a cross server map in a pvp server where we can PK server vs server and available 24/7.

@kalystconquerer please help us to have back some fun.

I stopped 6 months ago to gear up my toons, because there is nothing really interesting, no one single good challenging event around :(

Roar.
Roar_King
Level 105 Barbarian with Deity Stone

Comments

• blazerboy
    blazerboy Posts: 1,673 Arc User
    Pretty accurate a lot of ppl have turn to afk catshop 24/7 at this point merchanting
    105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
    http://mypers.pw/5/#258958
  • dingo488
    dingo488 Posts: 936 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    Ye, mostly agree.

NW is awful, I really wish they brought back xNW.

Thursday Night Tourney isn't really a PvP event, its just a lottery to see who is going to die to the eye this week.

Arigora Colosseum is a lot of fun, but once the squad gets around 1900~2100 it becomes extremely hard to still find opponents because there's an extremely low amount of teams. And 3v3 personal matchmaking appears to have died out within a month.

TW you kinda have yourself to thank for that, if you log 30 psychic alts, that arent even in the battle (hell they arent even in the faction) for buffs and send 20 people into the air to glitch people, you can't really be surprised that the opponent isn't interested in fighting you, since they can't actually do anything. Think I couldn't use a single AoE in TW and not get sealed, so thats pretty telling. But apparently the psychic buff fix is on the way! Now we're just hoping for a solution to the Stormbringer/Duskblade issue, but I don't expect it to ever come. But even then you bandwagoned to the winning team every single time, no matter what server you're on so you can't really complain about TW, or are you gonna tell me its just a ''coincidence''.

xTW, also your own fault, Vindicate has tried to copy the strategies that were previously used by other factions but because they don't understand them they failed to do it properly and now all your lands are getting attacked the exact same week. That said, there's currently an issue with xTW and there's 6 lands that are impossible to get attacked (4 of which are owned by your own faction). It would be much worse if xTW was actually working properly. I do wonder what PWI is going to do to solve that issue, free 40 points every week for Vindicate (10 for Tempest and 10 for Infamous) seems extremely unfair to me. Especially considering even the highest factions are only getting between 60~80 points per week. I'm quite happy that my faction isn't actually a contender this season due to issue at the start of the season. I hope this stuff is solved before next season.

I do think xTW needs to be rebalanced properly. It has clearly been made for the chinese servers, where there's enough players and enough factions for ALL lands to get attacked every single week. The points you earn by winning certain battles are also balanced around that happening. On our version of xTW however, winning a Swirling Dragon Camp battle usually means you get to hold that land for the next 3-4 weeks before it gets attacked again, so you get way more points out of it than you would from winning in Dragon's Meet. They should rebalance the points you earn from winning certain matches, make winning Dragon's Meet more rewarding. And make holding a Swirling Dragon Camp land less reward. Because unlike in China, you dont actually have to defend your Swirling Lands every week. But this is something for another thread, though I doubt it's even worth addressing, I don't think China is willing to make changes just for us, and even if they do it'll probably get messed up down the road like happened with many things China did different for us.

The best types of PvP I've experienced on this game are mostly gone.

xNW was amazing but removed because it was too difficult for that 1 mystic.
    TW used to be amazing, but ruined by the release of the Nightshade classes.
    Getting good fights in xTW is too rare, but its still great when it happens.
  • sin20
    sin20 Posts: 237 Arc User
    Main problem with anything in this game is that its balanced for China servers.
    Every pvp/non pvp event is just balanced for China player base and thats it , u cant even get top rewards in some events (like homestead arena) , arigora colosseum is also balanced for China player base/servers on amount of rewards, and every single update we get is gonna be the same unless we get it scaled down by at least half for our needs but i dont see that ever happening.

TW is long dead on most servers with maybe 1 good tw per year , xTW is sadly just go for more lands to get more points since we dont have amount of factions to bid on them like china does and just go for the points , avoid taking risks with fighting big factions , if xtw was scaled down for us in lands by lets say 50% u would see way more interesting fights and more competitive seasons.

All this brings me to the last problem that is simply that PWE cant do much about it since China has the last word on everything, for the past few months im pointing out to major problems we are facing but they arent even getting acknowledged by PWE so dont think its ever going to change xD

Just imagine if arena/xtw etc would get scaled down for our needs and our actual player base there would be way more pvp.

Ah right i almost forgot , xTNF would actually provide us with a decent amount of interesting pvp since it would be cross server but seeing that we shoulda got it 6-8 months ago and still didnt i woudnt hold my breath on that one xD
  • blazerboy
    edited June 2017
    @sin20 some people argue 1/3 would be better when you look at stuff like g17 cape/ring especially the cape like gg, personally I wouldn't want xTnF ever introduced because half of 1/3 of DA and atleast half of the other servers would be crippled unless GMs actually controlled the Dragonic Essence/Zenith market because at this point our playerbase can't be trusted with anything X.X and no I don't mean greedy China devs telling them what items should be priced (GG S cards prices) ...

@dingo488 honestly I will 100% agree the introduction of vortex completely made tw terrible. Maybe if they made it Murrow xtw no flying and x3 the map but a diff mechanic I will rush to participate but at this point it's a waste of time for even the top guilds because even if you win was it fun when your fps went to 4 half of the time lel......
  • laylay
    laylay Posts: 27 Arc User
    I like this post and I think there are many good ideas suggested here.
    But as we all know it is pointless ... PWI cannot do anything without China and China doesnt give a *beep* about us.

One reason why there is no open pvp and not enough players for arena is also the costs of gearing up and for pvp. Nobody likes getting onehitted by a sin that does nothing else but pressing elemination. Most ppl want to progress ... get better gear ... but its just an endless circle and they will never catch up to a level at which they are happy. This goes on for many many years and will never change. And I dont even want to start that nobody will ever catch up to reincarnated Nuema Portal players.

Additionally, most people dont do anything without rewards. We dont even have a ranking list for pvp or anything that could motivate players ... everything new in the game takes many year to archive ... and if you think reaching a goal is impossible it will not motivate you ... only players who are intrinsicly motivated to pvp do it ... and there arent many.

Giving us a way to use the xtw rewards to get charms also on the normal server would also be a nice thing.
  • blazerboy
    @laylay and yet a lot of ppl on even our version don't even know how rediculous elimination is and think of it as sins being normal lol
  • fury85
    dingo488 wrote: »
    TW you kinda have yourself to thank for that, if you log 30 psychic alts, that arent even in the battle (hell they arent even in the faction) for buffs and send 20 people into the air to glitch people, you can't really be surprised that the opponent isn't interested in fighting you, since they can't actually do anything. Think I couldn't use a single AoE in TW and not get sealed, so thats pretty telling. But apparently the psychic buff fix is on the way! Now we're just hoping for a solution to the Stormbringer/Duskblade issue, but I don't expect it to ever come. But even then you bandwagoned to the winning team every single time, no matter what server you're on so you can't really complain about TW, or are you gonna tell me its just a ''coincidence''.

Can you please stop to think only about Vindicate? I'm talking bad of Echo? Not seems, so please stop.
    I can agree that vortex is a pain and I don't like that Dusk can copy it. But is not Vindicate fault. Also psy buff is an useless discussion since both sides use that. To not tell you all the time that i see end game people psy buffed for NW or PK. But I agree with you, I hope they fix it soon.
    Also i'm not bandwagoned to the winning team, I jumped alot of faction to try to find the best fun and in the end i take the decision to come back in a big faction, and I feel better with Vindicate. Also in Dawnglory i'm not in Crisis from long time.

For xTW is the system point that is wrong and to get more points you need to own more lands possible. I don't see what is wrong with our strategy.

xNW I remember was a really active event and I think most the people will like to have it back. I don't see the reason why our devs can't put it back.

About the idea to have a cross server map in an old PvP server just for PK and where you can enter 24/7 can be a good idea?
    Roar_King
  • beast21g
    beast21g Posts: 631 Arc User
    you want more open PVP? Make people not loose items and force everyone white. If the fear of loosing an item disapear then they will not care to engage on pvp
  • nightmare201
    nightmare201 Posts: 50 Arc User
    beast21g wrote: »
    you want more open PVP? Make people not loose items and force everyone white. If the fear of loosing an item disapear then they will not care to engage on pvp

The whole "one shot because you didn't swipe your credit card" thing doesn't help much either.
  • fury85
    edited June 2017
    dingo488 wrote: »

Can you please stop to think only about Vindicate? I'm talking bad about Echo? Seems not, so please stop it.
    About TW I agree with you that Vortex + DB is annoying, but this is a pwi fault not vindicate fault. Same as xTW problem is on the point system, more land you have more points.
    Psy buff is an useless discussion since both sides use that. And I see endgame people use psy buff for NW and PK as well. On that I hope they will fix it soon.
    And i'm not bandwagoned to the winning team because I jumped too many faction to try to have fun fights and now i decide to stay in a big faction for big wars. And I feel good in Vindicate. If you see in Dawnglory i'm not in Crisis from long time.

Staying in topic, XNW is an event ready, i don't think they have to rely on China Devs to bring it back.

Also, what you think about a cross server map on an old pvp server where to pk server vs server available 24/7?
    Roar_King
  • aphrodita
    aphrodita Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited June 2017

The whole "one shot because you didn't swipe your credit card" thing doesn't help much either.

i havent spent a single cent and one shot people. and guess what, i also sometimes get 1 shot. its usually a matter of teamwork (hint: debuffs), apart from that 1 broken class that shall not be discussed here.

also dingo: roar usually went for factions that gave him the highest chance of tw fun, he even was in zulu for some time and the most we managed to bring into tw was 35..

would be awesome to see XNW back, is it not possible to have the normal NW on friday and the XNW on sunday?
  • beast21g

Some times i feel been one shoted also, but thats not true. You should be attacked from 3-4 people and have no charms.
    Only people that are one shot are the alts or new people that doing dailies on primal and etc.

@fury85 The cross server for pvp 24/7 idea was dropped down from the comunity cause the official word was to be 1 server and people sart there from scratch. An idea like that of course wouldnt be accepted from the community cause starting from scratch and catch up is impossible
  • fury85
    edited June 2017
    @fury85 The cross server for pvp 24/7 idea was dropped down from the comunity cause the official word was to be 1 server and people sart there from scratch. An idea like that of course wouldnt be accepted from the community cause starting from scratch and catch up is impossible

I don't understand why the community would dislike that idea. No one is forced to go PK, no rewards that force you to go PK (TNF for example). Why we PK in our server? For fun. But playerbase is low now. Will be fun to have a Cross Server map where you can enter and go PK when you want. Without restriction. I guess no need to set a reward for that. Who PK do it for fun. Nothing else. That my think, maybe I'm wrong.

And also they don't need to set anything on calendar because its not an event. Just power on an old PvP server and make a limited map where to PK (like OHT for example).

Roar_King
  • beast21g
    If im not mistaken Orinji set an idea to have a new server that will be a clear PK server. The point was if people wanted to go there they should start from zero lvl1 and continue lvling and gearing.
    The cross map idea wasnt an option from PWI back then. See what happened with cross NW.
    Even cross PVP instance is a part of your idea @fury85 but seems after the 1st weeks to be abandoned from players.
  • fury85
    @kalystconquerer We believe in youuuuuu bring cross nation war back pleaaaaase <3
    Roar_King
  • jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    I agree. @fury85

@kalystconquerer#0876 If there is any way to bring xNW back even on crappy timeslots..please consider bringing it back either way. IIRC you said that the timeslots are hardcoded and cannot be changed. Welp, thats ok. Even if ppl can only attend one NW per week it would still be 10000x times more entertaining than regular NW.
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    kalystconquerer#0876 Posts: 1,421 Perfect World Employee
    Well, I want to avoid "crappy timeslots", because then we'll come back to the same issue we had when we switched from local to cross server where people could not get supply tokens (time issues, overly geared players) or felt that it was slated too favorably towards one server. I think I've touched upon it a few times here and there in the past and so did Orinj.
    orinj wrote: »

Now about X-server Nation Wars...

Is it feasible - yes. Is it practical - at the moment, no.
    The reasons for why it's not practical is due to event synchronization and also limitations related to the server time.
    However, we are trying to figure it out.
    The following conditions, though, would have to be met for us to pursue this:

1. Event has to take place across all regions on the same server day. - Limitations on the code level.
    2. Event cannot overlap into standard nation wars. - Can't rob Pedro to pay Paulo.
    3. Event scheduling has to be fair to all servers. - Otherwise, this wouldn't be much of an event.

Points 1 and 2 are the hardest to negotiate.
    Point 3 can be resolved by rotating the event times so that they reset every 3 months along with TW and DC. Not ideal, but doable.

So obviously, you can't have EU players zoning into or out of cross server that's not the same day as when they return, otherwise it causes issues. Can't neglect the local version of NW either. So this makes scheduling incredibly tight when you factor in DC, Local NW and TW on local server times. I'm assuming that players would also not want the event to be in the middle of the week, so I'm mostly looking at weekend times.

On Saturday, it looks like we have a chunk of time between 9 AM PST and 1 PM PST, but otherwise everything else is either occupied by local server TW times, Nation Wars local, DC or is past the time that would be ok for EU to zone into Cross server. So a start time of 9 AM-11 AM PST is what would be the most likely scenario. If there is some other event conflict I'm not aware of that would make this time slot unusable, please let me know!

This doesn't mean this is a guarantee of it coming back because I'm not entirely sure if we can keep local if we bring back xNW, and I'd rather see/hear what other people feel about a 9 AM-11 AM ish time frame where it could potentially be in first.
  • jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    That timeslot would be fine, however, isnt 11 am PST the time when xTW starts (if I don't get that wrong?). Even if so. If we'd do it 8-10am PST it would be fine since there isnt any Event there + it could kinda carry over to xTW as well. Could also roll with 8:30-10:30 and ppl could just stay on the xServer and get ready for xTW while they are at it.

I love the idea. Would bring fun PvP even if there is no xTW. However, please let us have some time before xTW to take a break after xNW..so at least 30 minutes I would suggest.
  • fury85
    edited June 2017
    I think players don't care if XNW was at EU timeslot and etc... Was the best fun event so people will participate any time. With that I understand that XNW is much more competitive than local NW. Local NW is 90% based on alts or low geared people that farm supply tokens. You can keep 1 weekly local NW and set up 2 weekly XNW (1 per timeslot?).

About the day... sunday is pretty dead. Remove sunday local NW and set up 2 XNW, 1 per time slot.
    Saturday, local TW on EU server is too close to DC to add XNW.

Another suggestion:

- Based on our playerbase, decrease the max members in a guild from 200 to 100 can help to see more competitive factions and "revive" TW a bit.

What do you think?
    Roar_King