Why TW season got changed ?

shapoopi
shapoopi Posts: 78 Arc User
Territory Wars

The current season is still going strong! As all seasons, it must come to an end, and the end of the current TW season will be on August 23rd , so save the date!

May’s TW Drawings will be announced in a future newspost, so keep an eye out for when that goes up! As always, winning faction leaders will be contacted and will have the codes distributed to them.

for real pwi ? what happened to the 3 month season ? why its 23rd august now ? isnt it suppose to be 4th/5th July ?

Comments

• heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,795 Community Moderator
    Kalyst did say they where extending the TW season.

Also this was the plan for the players TW season tho no dates where announced for this.
  • baseaddress
    baseaddress Posts: 202 Arc User
    Sorry bro, but 3 months is too short period
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    kalystconquerer#0876 Posts: 1,421 Perfect World Employee
    TW season is 4 months now, unless I was imagining things and not counting correctly from the start of the new season. Also I believe we didn't announce an actual end date in either one of the TW/DC related season announcements, so I wanted to make sure that got out in the wild if it wasn't announced already.

Last season, players were expressing concerns about getting in enough time for Resource Wars and of course, making seasons too long will end up having 1-2 factions dominating the map and people becoming disengaged from TW entirely. Granted, it's not nearly as big of an issue like it had been in the past when factions dominated maps for 6+ months, but I still want to keep that in mind.
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,795 Community Moderator
    Sorry bro, but 3 months is too short period

agreed!

It was voted for 4~6 months when I did a vote.

Sadly I kinda have to stick very close to the official dates with this. Now we are getting them thats the hard part,
  • beast21g
    beast21g Posts: 631 Arc User
    TW season is 4 months now, unless I was imagining things and not counting correctly from the start of the new season. Also I believe we didn't announce an actual end date in either one of the TW/DC related season announcements, so I wanted to make sure that got out in the wild if it wasn't announced already.

Last season, players were expressing concerns about getting in enough time for Resource Wars and of course, making seasons too long will end up having 1-2 factions dominating the map and people becoming disengaged from TW entirely. Granted, it's not nearly as big of an issue like it had been in the past when factions dominated maps for 6+ months, but I still want to keep that in mind.

your official words

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/pwi/news/detail/10400283-territory-war-and-dragon’s-conquest-announcements

Hello PWI players! We’re already well into our newest TW season, so it’s time to announce our new prizing structures to up the ante! These prizes take effect this season and will apply to the next season as well! The current season will end on March 22nd. The next season will start back up again on April 5th!

April 5th started the new TW season.

So with the 3 months Season should end start of July. Now you say that some how TW season become 4 months. Must be missed the official anounce of that. If someone finds it please post it!
    Even with 4 months map should be reseted on start of August but you some how ended end of August.

You are telling for people and the RW is a problem. I'll let you know that in the past weeks 1 time RW didnt activated by your side. And 2nd no one doing that. When i see bases and carts staying till the end of rw then yes no one doing it.
    People will always QQ for what they are missing. At the time you were hearing/reading for RW they were missing the rewards but now they dont.

Take a note and reconsider all the changes for the TW. Every seasn we dont know what we have to face. Fakebidding, lock downs lands account sharing on guilds.

Stop these stuff and we can talk for expand TW season.

Or just write down official rules that apply to everyone on TW.

TW and DC are the only way to get a decent pvp(?).
  • shapoopi
    shapoopi Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited June 2017

so consider this an official announcement for TW season to be 4 months ? and what if the next season become 3 months again ? or 5 months what other excuses you will give us that time ?

and yes u didnt announce an acutal end date but according to your rules its 3 months season so it should end first week of july yet you say its 4 month what about first week of august ? why its 23rd ? the same time with Xtw season ?

RW is an issue now ? where was this logic when everyone QQ about it few season ago and you didnt listen to anyone and made it 3 months season ?

anyway lets wait and see December/January isnt far to see the 4 months season rules.
  • valdisman
    valdisman Posts: 568 Arc User
    TW is pretty much a near dead element of this game, at least on Etherblade. One faction rolls it every season and no one cares to do anything. I know a lot of it is because almost everyone doesn't think of them enough to try give them the time and joy of a good TW but it's also a balance issue. They care so much about their ego, even more so after they showed even numbers and lost, they ensure they outnumber by 2-3 squads and guarantee a win.

Only recently a lot of people left the 2nd strongest faction, merged with people from about 5 other factions (including a few from the strongest) just for a good TW. Even then, they had to turtle the whole TW to prevent defeat.. There is just too big an unbalance that the longer a season goes, the more dead it becomes. Shortening can mean 2/3 can end up tying every season with same number of lands though so there is really nothing that can be done.

There is also no end goal to doing TW imo. The prizes aren't worth the time and effort to try win and I don't see how PWI can change that. You did that exclusive title but a lot of people just went into the winning faction a week before end and got it. It's not a "worked hard to get this" title other than a "I joined, went to 1 no show TW and got it". Almost right away it devalued that title to the point it has no worth.
    #kylehawkinsuck
    Moonshine drinker
    In a world of 10s, be an 11.
  • paralleogram
    paralleogram Posts: 596 Arc User
    why? because PWI is never consistent.
    Say 1 thing- do another.​​
    Here we go again....