Odd little things happening to toons.. just me?

eytheranea
eytheranea Posts: 20 Arc User
edited May 2017 in General Discussion
Started off with the top toons of the account (first made) dissapearing, then would re-appear after logging off of another toon, happened once.

Then little things like one peice of fashion would either be randomly equipped or taken off and put in the wardrobe.

Changed My pass and put codes on my accounts now but is this just me it's happening to? Seems odd.

Comments

• forbiddenwords
    forbiddenwords Posts: 321 Arc User
    Maybe your account is haunted tiger-37.gif but in all seriousness, I have no idea, never had that happen to me​​
    BfYIUJc.png
    ☆ Pixel ♥ Heart ☆ Etherblade ☆
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    kalystconquerer#0876 Posts: 1,421 Perfect World Employee
    Hello!

After you changed your passwords, has everything seemed to return to normal? Also, you have not given your login credentials to anyone, right? You should be running an anti virus scan to make sure you don't have a keylogger or some other program still recording your passwords and then change them, if you feel like your account might be compromised.

If you know none of the above is happening to you, I'm not sure what else could be causing this :O
  • nunuator
    nunuator Posts: 455 Arc User
    Not the first time I've experienced an issue like this...

When changing fashion and or gear make sure you leave it on for a minimum of 5mins or so depending on your ping etc. The games engine is in dire need of an upgrade and the server which PW runs on is to quick for the engine to process requests.
  • ailiadrake
    ailiadrake Posts: 282 Arc User
    that is something that happens to me when I sort my bag and log off just after that. When I log in back again, the bag is still sorted, but the items in the shortcut bag are all scrambled.

Although, your main toon disappearing from the list is a new thing for me.
  • celtthunder
    celtthunder Posts: 53 Arc User
    I don't have those particular problems, but 9 times out of10 I get dc'd multiple times at the Mermaid in Tideswell, often 4-5 times in a row. Often it's difficult just to get out of there, let alone complete the quest.

Best of luck to you.
  • kkemz
    kkemz Posts: 73 Arc User
    no weird things are happening. over the last few days I go to invite someone and it will come up saying that waiting for the other person to accept then right after that it will say unable to invite. and no they are not grouped when most of the time I have invited them, it has taken 3-5 times before they get the pop up to accept.

My husband who plays signed on last night and for the first 15 mins. it had the lvl of our faction wrong and said there was no one in the faction but he could see and talk to others in the faction then all of a sudden it was correct again.

I've also had where I logged wearing one set of fashion sign on the next day and it's different and my bag is mixed up. Also every day I sign on certain things I have shut off like reflection of the water is turned on and I have to shut it off again, two days ago on one character it would not let me shut it off but on another it did.

I think our server is being haunted....... call the ghost busters please!!
  • wettstyle
    wettstyle Posts: 236 Arc User
    Dang, the people in The Shadow's are trying to Break through!. Time to Enlist The real Mystic's:)
  • shopcheese
    shopcheese Posts: 758 Arc User
    Just some guesses here

You could have logged in with server error. You will be able to talk but not do any actions like invite to squad. This fixes itself after a while but ill recommend relogging regardless as some auto pop up quests can glitch. Server error can also happen randomly while you are playing, mostly if you complete 3+ quests at the exact same time or forexample passing through west archosaur.
    Dawnglory city and its area maxes your water graphics. While you are in this area, you will be unable to turn it off.

Honestly most bugs happens when you log in, you just didnt load the game properly. I also had a bug like 3 years where I couldnt see my faction, relogging helped.
  • kkemz
    kkemz Posts: 73 Arc User
    Thank you for the suggestions, but neither of us had a server error, I didn't have multipule quest completed. we were not in West Archosaur nor in Dawnglory. He was able to invite others into the squad.
  • bangbang
    bangbang Posts: 127 Arc User
    Do you sleep walk and play games? Or do you get black out drunk?
  • eytheranea
    eytheranea Posts: 20 Arc User
    Bah I should have been keeping tabs on this, my bads.

Kaly, Everything seemes normal. Nope I never gave my account details to anyone, and ran a virus scan 2 days before and the day after doing this and all is clean. There was no "you have been booted" message comming up to say someone was trying to log my account, as it was happening whilst I was running around in Primal.

Nunuator, I haven't changed my toons fashion for.. 3-4 months or so.. My toon suddenly decided to wear the Eternal love hat (the little white bowler like hat) and rmove the warlock gloves back into the fashion wardrobe.

bangbang nope to those. My keyboard doesnt make a good pillow either

sontzu it could have been lag since the spot i put the hat ended up being the spot where my gloves were.. or just a gerbil running through the pwi system making things go wonked again.. who knows