Scheduled Server Maintenance [5/16/2017 - 11 PM PST]

Options
kalystconquerer#0876
kalystconquerer#0876 Posts: 1,421 Perfect World Employee
Good evening PWI players!

We will be having our regular server maintenance tonight at 11pm PST. Tonight's maintenance will have a patch Click Here!

*Tentative Duration*

Maintenance is expected to last approximately 4 hours, so during that time you will not be able to access the live servers.
*Maintenance times are tentative and are subject to change at any time. Actual end times will vary depending on the progress of the maintenance.

Thank you for your patience and we apologize for the inconvenience.

- The PWI Crew

Tonight's Maintenance Discussion : Ask/discuss anything I may have missed this week!

Skill Tooltips - This will be addressed in a future patch, but alot of the skills and Glyph Effects that seem inconsistant that players have been pointing out are being logged. If you notice anything that hasn't been reported, feel free to post a thread in the Quality Corner!

Invite a Friend - Will be patched out tonight! It was unintentional for it to run as long as it did, but given that we did kick off the expansion a day late which effectively cut the event start date by a day, I hope this isn't too much of an issue for players to have gotten extra time on it.

Future Events (In-Game) - We will be doing rounds of testing for some events we'd like to kick off this year, so keep an eye on the newsposts and our FB page for more information on those as they are rolled out.

Future Events (Forum) - The next art related competition, I'll be test piloting winners being picked based on a community vote. Competition is TBD.

What sorts of other events would you like to see in the future?

Comments

• nbreaking
    nbreaking Posts: 607 Arc User
    Options
    It's sad that invite a friend is going to be turned off again, was actually really happy because I thought you intentionally left it on, oh well.
    About the art competition on the forums and having winners being picked based on a community vote, kinda unfair I think. I know a looooot of people, I can just post some random thing, tell all my friends to come vote for me and win. What I mean is, it will become a competition for the most popular person and not for the best art, but that's just my opinion.

Apart from that, currently, I think you guys are doing good, both with events and weekly stuff (spend promos, charge promos, login rewards, monthly codes, etc), just gotta keep it up, we'll see for how long this will last :expressionless:

Mr. Justice
  • asterelle
    asterelle Posts: 861 Arc User
    Options
    I recommend against community voting for contests.
    Some players have an obscene number of alt accounts.
    ​​
  • yoda3160
    yoda3160 Posts: 131 Arc User
    Options
    Any word yet on if we'll be able to get the other event or some other way to get the Cloud Blossoms to go with the Cloud Wonders from the Invite a Friend event? Slightly related too, I've noticed that if you have someone in your friends list and they remove you from theirs, it just shows them as offline rather than removing them from yours. Would be nice to have a way to tell which ones really haven't been on in a long time vs ones that just removed you to make room in their friends list without having to try and pm each offline person individually.
  • glay4fun
    glay4fun Posts: 87 Arc User
    Options
    +1
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    edited May 2017
    Options
    @nbreaking I actually took a bit of heat for the event not shutting off when it was supposed to, which is fair. The event could have been patched out much sooner, but it wasn't something that was an emergency of any kind. So unintentional extension but intentional (?)

I've been trying to keep a balance between how many Ancient Gifts are coming through in events, free codes and promos.

That's definitely my concern with a popular vote, even if I route it to a different polling site. If people want to exploit a vote, they can. One company does voting for certain events based off of Facebook and player ID's, so it really hard locks people from trolling it with alt accounts, but I know not everyone uses Facebook.

@asterelle I think Vanilla polling can be exploited like this, but you think people will try to work hard to bypass off site polls? Then again, I suppose I shouldn't underestimate anything.

@yoda3160 No word yet on this.

I believe CN has a holiday coming up (Dragonboat Festival?) so they may or maynot be on hand to set the back end dates if I request it and they ok it (They still have to say yes first). I'll have to make sure that whatever dates I set, it doesn't accidentally overrun again *cough cough*

EDIT : Hmm, that would be a nice Quality of Life thing they should add to the Friendslist. Maybe I could drop a line and see if this is possible to do.
  • stephshannon
    stephshannon Posts: 38 Arc User
    Options
    does that mean no more legacy mark for chars that haven't logged in for a while?
  • shopcheese
    shopcheese Posts: 758 Arc User
    Options
    I remember we had a community poll once for some screenshot contest... It was not a pretty sight.

And yes, with invite a friend turned off, it means you wont recieve legacy mark upon loggin in.
    I hope to see invite a friend sometime again in the future! Even if just for a short period!
  • tiyassomu
    tiyassomu Posts: 29 Arc User
    Options
    Servers are live now ?
  • shopcheese
    shopcheese Posts: 758 Arc User
    Options
    Yep, about time!
  • iw8ing4u
    iw8ing4u Posts: 37 Arc User
    Options
    seems all the info on 3v3 teams been delted after maint and patch... i pressed Alt + J and nothing... empty page... my team gone... no reward form last week and 30 mil coins fee to make team lost? and its not just me...
  • gouken1
    gouken1 Posts: 25 Arc User
    Options
    @kalystconquerer#0876 All info of 3v3 and 6v6 teams is gone. Idc about rewards as much as our score which was 2000+ and it takes long time to get there considering how less battles are. Please look into this.
  • aphrodita
    aphrodita Posts: 228 Arc User
    Options
    this pretty much asks for a rollback...
  • lv100togekiss
    lv100togekiss Posts: 39 Arc User
    Options
    I thought arena was supposed to reset during maintenance...
  • nbreaking
    nbreaking Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Yeah, my team disappeared too, 30M gone, no rewards, what the hell is going on?:|

Edit: Should we start sending tickets to get our teams/rewards back or you guys are gonna be able to fix it all in just 1 swoop @kalystconquerer

Mr. Justice
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    Options
    Please check the pinned announcement for more details! I'll be having a meeting in a few minutes here that goes over general PWI related items, so Arigora will be one of those things I'll bring up!

I'll go ahead and move this thread into the Official Announcement section and close it - if you have any questions/concerns about Arigora, feel free to comment on the official PSA thread!
This discussion has been closed.