Any chance to Rent Gears? in the near future!.

Options
wettstyle
wettstyle Posts: 236 Arc User
Would be awesome to use Event gold, Gold, coins for like Daily, weekly or monthly Renting of Gears, Sets ect. I think this would Encourage some to play more!! Or get a taste of Higher Tiers of Gameplay, that would not otherwise be able to experience due to Financial, time restraints ect ect ect..

Comments

• dregenfox
    dregenfox Posts: 713 Arc User
    Options
    If they were to implement this I don't think it would be as cheap as you'd think. I would guess they'd price it at least $100/month for an endgamed char, given how much extra farm ability this would give. If it was for pvp-only I could see it being cheaper.
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    kalystconquerer#0876 Posts: 1,421 Perfect World Employee
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I've considered rental characters solely for Tournaments before (as a way to get players to play in them if they don't have their own decked out characters), but this is a pretty neat idea, to expand it to a rental service of sorts! Unfortunately there would be alot of hoops I'd need to jump through to set something up like this (and would need multiple maintenances to gear every single character properly).

It's something to consider - I'll take this idea along and pass it up the chain and see what sorts of comments/suggestions/issues/concerns would be for a system like this!

EDIT : I'm not saying explicitly we could institute such a system for players and it doesn't come without it's own huge failings. This would have to be something I'd have to think more on and bounce around ideas.
  • wettstyle
    Options
    Thanks for The input everyone:). Look forward to hearing what the feedback is You recieve Kaly:).
  • wettstyle
    Options
    Any chance a Mod could change this to Discussion?. Been a avid reader of forums for years, but I am in the category of Rookie status when it comes to creating and discussing subjects lol. Ty all

• kalystconquerer#0876
    Options
    Had to make sure I was doing the right thing - it should be changed now to a Discussion topic!
  • wettstyle
    Options
    Thanks again, have a great week!.

• jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    Options
    @kalystconquerer#0876 You could just open a section on the website in which ppl can buy the chars, select names (that are available) and then a GM builds that char and gives the customer a date on which the char is ready (maint isnt even needed since GM can just hand over login data) and gives also a date on which the char will be deleted (during maint then). Easy as pie. I don't know how much GM power ur GMs got but spawning gear, culti, skills, passives, cards, chart, etc shouldnt be that hard, right?
  • phantomforce#4598
    phantomforce#4598 Posts: 397 Community Moderator
    Options
    jsxshadow wrote: »
    @kalystconquerer#0876 You could just open a section on the website in which ppl can buy the chars, select names (that are available) and then a GM builds that char and gives the customer a date on which the char is ready (maint isnt even needed since GM can just hand over login data) and gives also a date on which the char will be deleted (during maint then). Easy as pie. I don't know how much GM power ur GMs got but spawning gear, culti, skills, passives, cards, chart, etc shouldnt be that hard, right?
    And make the gear time-limited. Say one week or one month rental.
  • wettstyle
    Options
    Maybe make pre made Sets, place these Sets, with different options In the Boutique, Event and Gold Options, and of course maybe Coins, Just seems that would make it easier for everyone. But then again I have no clue as to how, and what would have to be done to ready Ideas into actions:)
  • jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    Options
    wettstyle wrote: »
    Maybe make pre made Sets, place these Sets, with different options In the Boutique, Event and Gold Options, and of course maybe Coins, Just seems that would make it easier for everyone. But then again I have no clue as to how, and what would have to be done to ready Ideas into actions:)

You can't just pre-make character that automatically will be added to your character list of you are PWE. PWCN could do that but that would require massive programming on their part.

Anything,that doesnt require actions from PWCN, would have to be made by hand. Depending on the pricing it could still be very worth it. Different gear levels, different durations, different prices..but the background-work would still be the same.

Taking into account how long it would take a GM to prepare such a character I'd at least aim for 120 $ for a month minimum to cover all the costs etc. However, an experienced GM shouldnt take longer than an hour for all that. if PWE wants..they can hire me for that, I'd gladly do it for a reasonable loan :D
  • weapon762
    weapon762 Posts: 187 Arc User
    Options
    Inb4 people get rental toons permanent banned for stuff lol
    Vae Victis.
  • eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    Options
    i think the topic is rental gear not toons tho xD​​
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    Options
    @jsxshadow No, you're not going to learn GM codes and leak them to players. *squints eyes*

I can gear up characters in about 20 ish minutes give or take, and leave the stuff that's not essential to do on live on my own time. A full blown rental service with money changing hands - that one's going to be harder to fly than creating rentals for just tournaments and having it as a service we provide for a specific tournament series type. Characters for money could open the door to other things that CS might not want to deal with. And I'd really not want to see people doing ToS breaking on rentals :/

@eirghan *coughs loudly* I totally knew that. Totally. Yep...

In that scenario, rented gears are a bit...harder. Because if we bind them, well, then, suddenly people are getting "free gear" that we had to destroy manually. Tradeable gears? We'll never see those again :(
  • nightmare201
    nightmare201 Posts: 50 Arc User
    Options
    No no no no no NO! This is a horrible idea for game balance. All this does is encourage people to get just enough coins to rent it out for a bit, but that's not enough to make the gear useful in the long term.

Let's crunch some numbers here. On my server (Tideswell) last I checked GSTs were going for roughly 10-12mil each. MoGs were sitting somewhere between 30-35 mil. Now if someone is lvl 101 and has the 300k rep needed for r9, they will have to spend almost 3 billion in coins to get a full set of r9. (Note that this is only for base r9). The 2nd cast of r9 is going to cost around another 500-700 mil, maybe less if prices have changed I'm not sure. So that's almsot 4 billion coin just for the 2nd cast of r9. Now this is without shards or refines or the 3d cast. 3rd cast is the cheapest of the all 4 casts (I'm not gonna try to calculate boundless because I have zero experience with it) so it's only gonna add about 100mil at most to the total. So still around 4 bil unrefined and unsharded. Now the reason why I mention this is that in order to rent gear, the cost should be an equivalent amount. On sale, r9 is roughly $1k US dollars total (which makes sense for the rest of the cost since gold is usually around 3-4mil per) and I would assume the method to get this rented gear would be gold. If not, the cost is gonna need to be absurdly expensive or else it'll just be easier to rent the gear any time you need it and never worry about buying it.

And then the issue arises that gear itself isn't even the major deciding factor in PvP anymore, spirit is. So if gear is rented, it might be worthless essentially because you're still getting oneshot by everyone.