new arena teams PvP 3v3 6v6 set time window so we all get 10-15 matchings in 2-3 hours a week

2»

Comments

• dregenfox
    dregenfox Posts: 713 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    dregenfox wrote: »
    blazerboy wrote: »
    @dregenfox honestly the ring especially is not that bad and also I believe everyone said the same complaints about g17.. Atm most ppl atm complaining about purge/zerk at just the 3rd/4th stage stage with enough commitment it's possible. Also you don't need astral 6 for a good chart how many ppl on DA you think rolled good 9-10 starchart at lvl4-5 which is easily farmable quite a few. I think @jsxshadow even got a 10 at astral 1-2 when it first started. If you put forth money and effort towards something impractical like for example ppl who feel proud of 2.4k+ spirit and still get deleted by ppl below 2k then qq why? (Not saying you but this still makes me laugh with some ppl)That's fine fine but some of us don't mind the slow gradual reward while having fun since let's face it nothing is as fun as arena was atleast I think so. Plus if I recall in the last update china got, I think they reduced the amount for the cape.. @attackerkev can you double check that. Also chienkun transfers on the rings are horrendously cheap lel.

@jsxshadow that method is good in 1v1 but in mass you get caught in the wrong one (cc) bye bye so nah not worth it. Idm balance but if I have to carry 2 ppl lowbie gear vs 3 in some fights and no offense to the others but I didn't sign up to be dragged down by weight I'll pull my share and that's it :c might as well just make a 1v1 que of which we all know ppl won't show for that xD

Gimme the names of the people who rolled a good 10-star on HL...I hope you're not talking about like, 1 or 2 people, out of tens of thousands of attempts...

That's like saying you don't need to work because you can just play the lottery and eventually win a million bucks.
    Yeah the odds on a good 9-10 stat are slim...I'm at astral 6 and best I've managed is a 9 stat w/ 5 good on it...and I'm still using a 6 stat chart. The odds are just stacked against you, which is fine...but getting these astral levels is a tall task indeed...10k energy to level to 7? Jebus.

Well the thing is the higher astral energy past 6 or so starts to scale really well with fatestars.

So even if that 10-star only has 5 good stats its still over 2x better than a 5-star with 5 good stats.
  • aspiringapathy
    aspiringapathy Posts: 66 Arc User
    @dregenfox honestly the ring especially is not that bad and also I believe everyone said the same complaints about g17.. Atm most ppl atm complaining about purge/zerk at just the 3rd/4th stage stage with enough commitment it's possible. Also you don't need astral 6 for a good chart how many ppl on DA you think rolled good 9-10 starchart at lvl4-5 which is easily farmable quite a few. I think @jsxshadow even got a 10 at astral 1-2 when it first started. If you put forth money and effort towards something impractical like for example ppl who feel proud of 2.4k+ spirit and still get deleted by ppl below 2k then qq why? (Not saying you but this still makes me laugh with some ppl)That's fine fine but some of us don't mind the slow gradual reward while having fun since let's face it nothing is as fun as arena was atleast I think so. Plus if I recall in the last update china got, I think they reduced the amount for the cape.. @attackerkev can you double check that. Also chienkun transfers on the rings are horrendously cheap lel.

@jsxshadow that method is good in 1v1 but in mass you get caught in the wrong one (cc) bye bye so nah not worth it. Idm balance but if I have to carry 2 ppl lowbie gear vs 3 in some fights and no offense to the others but I didn't sign up to be dragged down by weight I'll pull my share and that's it :c might as well just make a 1v1 que of which we all know ppl won't show for that xD

Gimme the names of the people who rolled a good 10-star on HL...I hope you're not talking about like, 1 or 2 people, out of tens of thousands of attempts...

That's like saying you don't need to work because you can just play the lottery and eventually win a million bucks.
    Yeah the odds on a good 9-10 stat are slim...I'm at astral 6 and best I've managed is a 9 stat w/ 5 good on it...and I'm still using a 6 stat chart. The odds are just stacked against you, which is fine...but getting these astral levels is a tall task indeed...10k energy to level to 7? Jebus.

Well the thing is the higher astral energy past 6 or so starts to scale really well with fatestars.

So even if that 10-star only has 5 good stats its still over 2x better than a 5-star with 5 good stats.
    It is sure, atm though if I want the 9 stat chart I have to beat my 6 stat I will need 4 out of 5 good stats on fatestar...slim odds. I did 40 some rerolls and still am only at 3 good fates.

(For comparison current is 2x spirit fate, 2x m.attack, 1x pdef, 1 earth defense: 9 stat is 1x m.attack, 2x m.pen, 1x spirit, 1x p.def, 1x accuracy, 1x evasion, 2x random elemental defense)

Either way I'm losing 200 some spirit, and to compensate for the lost m.attack value I'll need the m.attack on fate as well...ideally it'd look something like spirit/p.def/m.attack/pen on fate, the other 5 (including 1 pen) on birth...trying to get away from any of the shoddy stats on fate is a pain for sure.

Sure if I could take the same 6 stats on my current chart, add 4 randoms and throw more stats on fate it'd be a gain, at the moment though it looks like it'd be a step forward and a hard lean back. Sure I might deal more damage (about 5-8% it looks), but the loss of spirit means I'd take more damage in the same.
  • blazerboy
    blazerboy Posts: 1,673 Arc User
    @dregenfox ok Onyxblade, ETERNITY, @jsxshadow on cleric, sneakyzoe on his sin AND archer Nemki had one but didn't use it 1-2? No and all had astral 6 and below think only sneaky had 6 of all of these ppl lel
    105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
    http://mypers.pw/5/#258958
  • dregenfox
    edited May 2017
    @dregenfox ok Onyxblade, ETERNITY, @jsxshadow on cleric, sneakyzoe on his sin AND archer Nemki had one but didn't use it 1-2? No and all had astral 6 and below think only sneaky had 6 of all of these ppl lel

Joe literally just wrote that the chart was a lot worse than a typical 6-stat chart and was for phy class on a mag class. Nemki does not have a good 10-star.

What are the chart stats on DB?
  • blazerboy
    edited May 2017
    The dbs both have similar stats on charts 2 p atk 2 pene both have accuracy and evasion one has 2 spirit other has mdef x2 and some form of fire/wood resist overall both dbs have charts with like 8/10 good stats both have astral 5 so yea it's not impossible Ik sneaky archer chart is good too @dregenfox also Nemki does have a good 9 so eh beggars can't be choosers
  • dregenfox
    edited May 2017
    The dbs both have similar stats on charts 2 p atk 2 pene both have accuracy and evasion one has 2 spirit other has mdef x2 and some form of fire/wood resist overall both dbs have charts with like 8/10 good stats both have astral 5 so yea it's not impossible Ik sneaky archer chart is good too @dregenfox also Nemki does have a good 9 so eh beggars can't be choosers

You just listed 4 of the biggest CS'ers on the server who have already invested hundreds into their start chart, lol. Tell me how many people are rolling around with 10-stat star charts on astral 2 that are any better than a well-rolled 4-5 stat chart...the chances are ridiculously low, especially for casters who don't care about evasion
    Post edited by dregenfox on
  • blazerboy
    Besides Nemki all of them had astral 5 and below... Now you're just fishing its luck man @dregenfox how can you cs luck astral 5 is pretty common now. I don't think astral level determines how many good stats you have so "tell me how many people are rolling 10 star charts on astral 2 that are any better than a well rolled 4-5 starchart" is mute . Also evasion on any class is useful due to phy atk can miss, magic doesn't are you serious lol. How many times I couldn't kill a caster because killshot missed and charmtick @jsxshadow Thad why this guy has so much dex on his barb lol. People like cllyde with astral 6 still hasn't rolled a good 9-10 and some ppl even are close to 7 without a good 9-10 chart what's the issue? LUCK it's not about cs or coins it's luck having a high astral lvl which cost billions doesn't consistute you will have a good chart. Xiyie rolled a 10 starchart which he ate later for a better chart at astral 5 and now he is astral 6 and has never rolled higher than a 9 he told me seriously your arguement is completely false here
  • dregenfox
    edited May 2017
    Besides Nemki all of them had astral 5 and below... Now you're just fishing its luck man @dregenfox how can you cs luck astral 5 is pretty common now. I don't think astral level determines how many good stats you have so "tell me how many people are rolling 10 star charts on astral 2 that are any better than a well rolled 4-5 starchart" is mute . Also evasion on any class is useful due to phy atk can miss, magic doesn't are you serious lol. How many times I couldn't kill a caster because killshot missed and charmtick @jsxshadow Thad why this guy has so much dex on his barb lol. People like cllyde with astral 6 still hasn't rolled a good 9-10 and some ppl even are close to 7 without a good 9-10 chart what's the issue? LUCK it's not about cs or coins it's luck having a high astral lvl which cost billions doesn't consistute you will have a good chart. Xiyie rolled a 10 starchart which he ate later for a better chart at astral 5 and now he is astral 6 and has never rolled higher than a 9 he told me seriously your arguement is completely false here

There's no such thing as luck, just statistics. Most players will never get anything better than 3-5 stats on chart until they hit astral 5-6. Listing exceptions to the average is not going to make your point here.

You do know I'm talking about 3-4 actual useful stats on fatestar here right? That requires 7 minimum stats consistently.
  • blazerboy
    At astral 5 even I rolled 3 9 charts and many 7-8 still all those charts were terrible stats on the chart statistics are really helping.... The point here is you're stating you either have to spend a obscene amount into chart to get a good one (stating the that's cuz the bigggest cashoppers put money into it which nearly none of them even did with astral 5...) OR you have to have a high astral level to even get good stats also untrue because joe got one with good stats just not for cleric put that chart on his barb and it be op what's that? LUCK just like someone can open 10 packs open jaden crystal and someone else can open 2k and barely get 1 SoT. @dregenfox
  • dregenfox
    At astral 5 even I rolled 3 9 charts and many 7-8 still all those charts were terrible stats on the chart statistics are really helping.... The point here is you're stating you either have to spend a obscene amount into chart to get a good one (stating the that's cuz the bigggest cashoppers put money into it which nearly none of them even did with astral 5...) OR you have to have a high astral level to even get good stats also untrue because joe got one with good stats just not for cleric put that chart on his barb and it be op what's that? LUCK just like someone can open 10 packs open jaden crystal and someone else can open 2k and barely get 1 SoT. @dregenfox

Again you're using exceptions...you need to roll multiple 7-stars to have a decent chance at getting a useful one. That's best done with astral 6. Majority of the time you will roll a chart with stats equal to your astral energy or +1. You can say astral energy doesn't matter due to "luck" but I've been getting much better quality charts at astral 5 compared to astral 4.
  • blazerboy
    @dregenfox I named very few names as of late you can see star charts from incusio/wicked/ruby_inferno/flameofwar all decent charts from ppl who haven't even spend much into then the higher energy does help you get more odds of getting good stats because you ofc will always roll high amounts 6+ but ultimately luck determines if they are of any value not high it is or how much you spend on it. How many ppl should be pointed out until reason is seen shesh... Just because you haven't had luck with it yet does not make it a system that doesn't Base off RNG which Pwi is known for. I never said astral energy doesn't matter I said just because your energy is high doesn't mean you will roll what you want high amount of stats plus good amount of good stats on it. Just like people chase Sochi packs due to the high chance of CoM but can open hundreds and not open one but still the Sochi (in this case represents high astral) has a higher chance to roll it than most packs
  • dregenfox
    edited May 2017
    @dregenfox I named very few names as of late you can see star charts from incusio/wicked/ruby_inferno/flameofwar all decent charts from ppl who haven't even spend much into then the higher energy does help you get more odds of getting good stats because you ofc will always roll high amounts 6+ but ultimately luck determines if they are of any value not high it is or how much you spend on it. How many ppl should be pointed out until reason is seen shesh... Just because you haven't had luck with it yet does not make it a system that doesn't Base off RNG which Pwi is known for. I never said astral energy doesn't matter I said just because your energy is high doesn't mean you will roll what you want high amount of stats plus good amount of good stats on it. Just like people chase Sochi packs due to the high chance of CoM but can open hundreds and not open one but still the Sochi (in this case represents high astral) has a higher chance to roll it than most packs

Umm I don't think we were ever discussing "decent" star charts. Anyone can roll a decent 4-5 stat chart. I'm not even sure what you're talking about anymore.

I'm talking about a 7 stat chart w/ 5 or more stats and 3x fatestar capability, which becomes easily achievable but only at 6+ astral. 9 is 4 fatestars, and 10 is 5 fatestars.

You can convince yourself that accuracy is a good stat on duskblade, but it's just not. There's not a single DB that shards accuracy over phy attack on their weapon, same goes for star chart. I would even take an hp fatestar over accuracy, tbh. Same for evasion. I don't count evasion on a mystic as a "useful" stat, when compared to pretty much anything else.
  • blazerboy
    edited May 2017
    The whole discussion was you kept saying the only way to get good stats was a high astral level first which I was explaining through pure examples that's not always the case through ppl who have done it without astral 6+ @dregenfox just because you have a high astral level does not secure you a good chart which you ademently argued agianst simply because you haven't been as lucky as others.

Also evasion is perfectly fine in comparison to how many useless stats you can get as a LA. Which do you think any physical class would prefer water/fire/earth/metal resistance or accuracy/evasion. Any reasonable person would say accuracy/evasion based on how much they have missed and star charts even without fate can get hundreds more than just the low amount they can get from a weapon or armor. Are you ganna compare 500+ on each on a 20 aptitude charge non fate as well on both of those to like 150 on a weapon and not even sure how much it gives armor. Are you serious you literally don't know what anything but AA find useful. Yes even dex and Str classes miss more quite often and they would rather evasion/accuracy instead of a specific useless mdef -__-. You can literally watch on YT Sins miss each other on AA messing up a combo or securing the killshot like that. But accuracy and evasion on a chart are worthless huh LMFAO. You literally tried to say just because ppl don't stat it into armors or weapon even though there are far better options in those categories vs chart it makes it useless into chart. Because yea we can get vit/def/atk levels in chart too right? Lmfao you make assumptions based off of it's not useful for my class it's worthless no not all of us are mystics. Hp is nice to have yes but anyone LA would take Accuracy/Evasion vs specific mag resistance some HA would as well with how much missing can ruin their combos or a miss can save them esp if they are a DD build. Maybe if it was mag resist but specific ones pretty much suck
  • dregenfox
    edited May 2017
    The whole discussion was you kept saying the only way to get good stats was a high astral level first which I was explaining through pure examples that's not always the case through ppl who have done it without astral 6+ @dregenfox just because you have a high astral level does not secure you a good chart which you ademently argued agianst simply because you haven't been as lucky as others.

Also evasion is perfectly fine in comparison to how many useless stats you can get as a LA. Which do you think any physical class would prefer water/fire/earth/metal resistance or accuracy/evasion. Any reasonable person would say accuracy/evasion based on how much they have missed and star charts even without fate can get hundreds more than just the low amount they can get from a weapon or armor. Are you ganna compare 500+ on each on a 20 aptitude charge non fate as well on both of those to like 150 on a weapon and not even sure how much it gives armor. Are you serious you literally don't know what anything but AA find useful. Yes even dex and Str classes miss more quite often and they would rather evasion/accuracy instead of a specific useless mdef -__-. You can literally watch on YT Sins miss each other on AA messing up a combo or securing the killshot like that. But accuracy and evasion on a chart are worthless huh LMFAO. You literally tried to say just because ppl don't stat it into armors or weapon even though there are far better options in those categories vs chart it makes it useless into chart. Because yea we can get vit/def/atk levels in chart too right? Lmfao you make assumptions based off of it's not useful for my class it's worthless no not all of us are mystics. Hp is nice to have yes but anyone LA would take Accuracy/Evasion vs specific mag resistance some HA would as well with how much missing can ruin their combos or a miss can save them esp if they are a DD build. Maybe if it was mag resist but specific ones pretty much suck

Uhh my chart is pretty good, +216 spirit and +2300 p. def @ 15 apt are the 4 best stats if the aim is to concentrate on physical defense. There aren't too many charts that can compare to mine defensively, but I got it at 5 astral energy.

And no, evasion will never be as good or reliable as +hp/+spirit/+phy attack for DB. If your ultimate endgamed chart for DB includes accuracy and evasion then idk what to say.

For DB:
    10 stat chart -

2x phy attack
    2x phy pen
    2x spirit
    2x phy def
    2x mag def

Where the hell does evasion and accuracy even remotely fit in there?

A chart similar to that would be almost impossible to roll with anything other than 10 astral energy (and knowing PWI, there will be a financially feasible way to reach 7/8 or more eventually). Even with 10 the chances are extremely low. Evasion is only usable because everything else below it sucks even more.
  • blazerboy
    edited May 2017
    @dregenfox first of all don't pretend you know anything about duskblades based on your post you literally complaining about no counter to paralyze. Second I already started laughing at 216 spirit, it becomes laughable there already because gg wp anyone who still believes at TW X Spirit is still one of the biggest factors. X2 mdef really? What duskblade ever in mass pvp EVER worries about magic classes just about none of them because most arcane classes too scared to close the distances even though they have a bm or sin CC'ing the db to do full damage but complain about range passive gg wp right. The classes in mass pvp even 1v1 whom give db any kind of real pressure is bm barb sins.
    Which idk YOU CAN MISS OR THEY CAN MISS YOU WITH SAID EVASION OR ACCURACY LEL. Are you serious lmfao. You know absolutely NOTHING about any classes but Mystic stop making radical assumptions. Speaking of which please tell me one person who has 8/8, 9/9, 10/10 perfect stats as you just stated because even at astral 7 gl obtaining that.. Compared to physical attack or pene pdef yes those are what you want on any phy class esp db sin ect but spirit or specific mdef yea just stop. If you can have you 2 phy atk and 2 pene on fate even 1 other fate you don't need it to even be spirit say fire resist vs accuracy & evasion maybe you can argue HP at preference but I'll take a chance to Evade on a sin cursed jailing me and me closing the chances to miss a kill shot than hp.

Which ones of these stats you mention go to fate hypothetically speaking? If you say spirit would go on fate or mdef on db please just stop talking.
  • dregenfox
    edited May 2017
    @dregenfox first of all don't pretend you know anything about duskblades based on your post you literally complaining about no counter to paralyze. Second I already started laughing at 216 spirit, it becomes laughable there already because gg wp anyone who still believes at TW X Spirit is still one of the biggest factors. X2 mdef really? What duskblade ever in mass pvp EVER worries about magic classes just about none of them because most arcane classes too scared to close the distances even though they have a bm or sin CC'ing the db to do full damage but complain about range passive gg wp right. The classes in mass pvp even 1v1 whom give db any kind of real pressure is bm barb sins.
    Which idk YOU CAN MISS OR THEY CAN MISS YOU WITH SAID EVASION OR ACCURACY LEL. Are you serious lmfao. You know absolutely NOTHING about any classes but Mystic stop making radical assumptions. Speaking of which please tell me one person who has 8/8, 9/9, 10/10 perfect stats as you just stated because even at astral 7 gl obtaining that.. Compared to physical attack or pene pdef yes those are what you want on any phy class esp db sin ect but spirit or specific mdef yea just stop. If you can have you 2 phy atk and 2 pene on fate even 1 other fate you don't need it to even be spirit say fire resist vs accuracy & evasion maybe you can argue HP at preference but I'll take a chance to Evade on a sin cursed jailing me and me closing the chances to miss a kill shot than hp.

Which ones of these stats you mention go to fate hypothetically speaking? If you say spirit would go on fate or mdef on db please just stop talking.

k first of all - paralyze actually has 0 counters besides universal counters like AD/untarget.

If you want, you can replace m. def with HP. But I will seriously laugh if you replace it with 2x evasion.

At level 50 star chart and 20 apt, +811 evasion amounts to like 2% chance to evade an attack.

Compare that to 203 spirit (+6.3% more tankiness AND damage) or 2269 phy def (+15% tankiness).

Oh, and all that evasion is effective vs only a couple classes. Namely BM's, seekers and, uhh, I guess melee venos that forgot to upgrade their skills?

In all honesty the evasion and accuracy stats were shoved into star charts more as a noob trap and a filler to increase the cost to obtain a chart with decent stats.
  • blazerboy
    edited May 2017
    ^ ok I give up arguing with someone who only can see things from their own classes perspective is a waste of time then. Also you forgot barbs but ok.

Btw paralyze expel can't even count as a counter to it tbh except vs maybe bm because every other paralyze class with para can walk around expel with para.

On a DB or arcane I'd honestly take evasion over mdef because seriously at endgame if you're a db or arcane and arcanes your biggest concern idk what you doing wrong at this point for you to deserve that lel.

Spirit zzzz I'm still laughing how people think it's cute to have 2400+ then get deleted by ppl with under 2k (this happens a lot and it's funny as heck) so yep let's keep going for spirit charts on fate and in Orns. I am curious to know how does just 2269 applies to 15% tankier unless you mean full buffs which after this profaned wood sale gl maintaining that much lmfao. But perhaps @asterelle can clarify on that one 2269 how does that transition to 15% more tanky or is that only fully buffed since I'm sure we all can agree he's a gm in disguise

Evasion on venos could work since all that really bothers them is db/sins but yep mdef there helps much gg zzzz accuracy ofc useless there magic never misses where did venos even come into the mix we were talkin phy classes gg.

All in all I'm done you're arguements always seem to fall under what's beneficial to you damn all other classes as long as you're doing well xD
  • dregenfox
    edited May 2017
    ^ ok I give up arguing with someone who only can see things from their own classes perspective is a waste of time then. Also you forgot barbs but ok.

Btw paralyze expel can't even count as a counter to it tbh except vs maybe bm because every other paralyze class with para can walk around expel with para.

On a DB or arcane I'd honestly take evasion over mdef because seriously at endgame if you're a db or arcane and arcanes your biggest concern idk what you doing wrong at this point for you to deserve that lel.

Spirit zzzz I'm still laughing how people think it's cute to have 2400+ then get deleted by ppl with under 2k (this happens a lot and it's funny as heck) so yep let's keep going for spirit charts on fate and in Orns. I am curious to know how does just 2269 applies to 15% tankier unless you mean full buffs which after this profaned wood sale gl maintaining that much lmfao. But perhaps @asterelle can clarify on that one 2269 how does that transition to 15% more tanky or is that only fully buffed since I'm sure we all can agree he's a gm in disguise

Evasion on venos could work since all that really bothers them is db/sins but yep mdef there helps much gg zzzz accuracy ofc useless there magic never misses where did venos even come into the mix we were talkin phy classes gg.

All in all I'm done you're arguements always seem to fall under what's beneficial to you damn all other classes as long as you're doing well xD

Ok well I just took off my star chart and compared the values, and 2300 p. def actually makes me 18.2% tankier to phy damage when purged. It gets slightly more effective with full buffs but really def lvls tend to benefit the most from buffs and get hurt the most when purged.

Plus I'm trying to argue what's most beneficial to DB's not mystics that hasn't even entered the discussion xD.
  • jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    If I could have just a perfect stat for my DB it would be 2xpdef (fate), 2xmdef, 2xHP (1x fate), 2xPattack (fate) and 2xPene. I agree with @blazerboy that mdef isnt that important especially in small scale PvP...but the more def the better <3 the longer you live the more effective you can be and if you have 60k pdef, 50k mdef and 46k HP on max buffs + 140 def level...welp you gotta live long as a duskblade :D

Accuracy is a stat I would never mind on any physical char..especially HA classes like BM, Barb and Seeker because it makes a massive difference when fighting LA classes...and even missing on AA is friggin annoying. I rather have more than less of it :D Eva is also very much preferable than any of the random elemental resistance stats on any class. I like it when CC misses on me :D

Am at Astral 5 and a few on my storm and I only gotten like 1x 8 stat chart and 2x 7 stat charts in total on that char...never have I seen 6 good stats ever and am currently stuck with 5 nice stats on a 6-stat chart. SUCKS! That is the main reason why my SB isnt better geared. IF I ever get 7+ nice stats on a chart (2xmattack, 2xpdef minimum) then I will CoM and full +12 my SB at least. Let the Fate-(Stars) decide!
    Post edited by jsxshadow on
  • jsxshadow
    rippler still paralyzes an untargetable player as well as slash stuns him etch​​

So does any AOE/CC that targets multiple people and it's good like that. If that wasnt the case untargetability would be absolutely overpowered.
  • blazerboy
    @jsxshadow no offense but your duskblade is vit stone at Jsod and buffed magic damage outside of 8m is a joke. Even Nemki at max range I can walk circles and even tank his zerks self buffed with the occasional sleep to get a charm tick rinse repeat. If I'm full buffs afk Nemki I'm going to make some coffee this will be a while before I might die max range so no a DB does NOT need mdef vs x2 pdef hell I'll take 2x accuracy over mdef any day. How many times a stun missed a nontidal protection sin ALOT or watch a sin about to delete me in 1v1 or mass but ops missed shadow form charm tick + half of it back gg wp. Sometimes I even miss arcanes how in the world? Lmfao. You can get away with x2 HP over accuracy/evasion but mdef or spirit? LMFAO only way a arcane class is deleting you is if a sin/db/bm is CC'ing you and normally you didn't die because of the arcane you died due to too much CC. At full Jsod (or Serenity for you much more op folks) on a db magic damage is a complete joke archers are more threatening with zerk to me than magic goonz get in my face because of pushback freeze and I can literally get 1 hit but your average psy/wiz/ will run to Africa and I'll see 900-3k full combo buffed gg wp. For me perfect chart would be 2 p.atk fate hopefully 1 is 10 and other is 9 then 2 penetration because yes it has deminishing returns but self buff ppl take MASSIVE damage when 2k penetration is attacking. 1 pdef fate 1 not fate 1 HP 1 accuracy 2 evasion for the simple fact a db biggest concern in mass is endgame sins zerking bypass inb4 Gorilla / Genesia purge and end careers within 1 elimination or cursed jail non sparked charm bypass (this has happened to ALOT of us)
  • jsxshadow
    @blazerboy But you have to see that a majority of ppl still don't know how to fight a Duskblade. They are still clueless and let me tell you, if nemki would stand right next to a BM that just used his 7.5s paralyze on you and your def charms are already gone then you will feel it, especially when purged.

Evading anyones damage is no problem at all as long as you are not CCed/purged or get focused by multiple people to begin with. That goes for any class.

However, I don't have that luxury because I always get focused. You can test that too. Your current Arena setup is extremely OP. Try switching out Yuji for any Archer (for example) take an absolute max geared one, doesnt matter. Now you are in a squad in which only you can CC and the others are mostly useless (if the enemy knows how to counter them) and then let the enemies realize that the only thing they have to do is focus you 24/7 then you will see the rating plummet down to oblivion. Nemki can be very tanky, however, if there is no cleric support...once you are gone and there is no paralyze left...nemki + 1 more just die, they cant do anything without CC-/Heal-support vs equally geared squads. If you are No.1 Focused target then you will like that extra pdef over Accuracy because you wont be able to attack much anyways. xD That is the sad story of my life :D

Your current setup is OP due to obvious reasons: You are extremely tanky, nemki is too + SoS and yuji isnt the squishiest either. They naturally have to kill yuji first to get rid of SoG/Support but since they can't focus all 3 at once and 1 alone cannot kill anyone of you guys (unless max gear sin with alot of luck) they struggle hard to do so and have to use many ressources to even try. When they get purged/pressured by you then it gets even harder for them. CC/purge/Support + being ultra-tanky is the best setup possible for arena. IF you had an archer and no cleric..well no point in not focusing you. With you gone, no fast purge, no CC, no chance xD
  • zentfamily
    zentfamily Posts: 234 Arc User
    derail2.jpg
    ZentVedr - Retired at last. Or am I?
  • dregenfox
    edited May 2017
    jsxshadow wrote: »
    If I could have just a perfect stat for my DB it would be 2xpdef (fate), 2xmdef, 2xHP (1x fate), 2xPattack (fate) and 2xPene. I agree with @blazerboy that mdef isnt that important especially in small scale PvP...but the more def the better <3 the longer you live the more effective you can be and if you have 60k pdef, 50k mdef and 46k HP on max buffs + 140 def level...welp you gotta live long as a duskblade :D

Accuracy is a stat I would never mind on any physical char..especially HA classes like BM, Barb and Seeker because it makes a massive difference when fighting LA classes...and even missing on AA is friggin annoying. I rather have more than less of it :D Eva is also very much preferable than any of the random elemental resistance stats on any class. I like it when CC misses on me :D

Am at Astral 5 and a few on my storm and I only gotten like 1x 8 stat chart and 2x 7 stat charts in total on that char...never have I seen 6 good stats ever and am currently stuck with 5 nice stats on a 6-stat chart. SUCKS! That is the main reason why my SB isnt better geared. IF I ever get 7+ nice stats on a chart (2xmattack, 2xpdef minimum) then I will CoM and full +12 my SB at least. Let the Fate-(Stars) decide!

See the issue with stats is that most people don't think of what they give up to get it. Sharding 2x accuracy in your weapon on a DB is going to cost you more kills/damage than sharding 2x drakeflames or even elemental damage.

But you are welcome to try it and tell me how it turns out but I just shake my head whenever I see 2x accuracy shards on DB/Sin/archer. :smile:

If you are satisfied with 2x m. attack/2x p. def/2x evasion for 6 stats on stormbringer that's fine on arcane but imo you will honestly get more mileage out of pen/hp/spirit on the chart since focusing on evasion for arcane only really gives an issue for BM's.
  • blazerboy
    @jsxshadow no my team is not op it's just ppl can't figure out whom to kill first some have but most don't know and I'll keep that to myself. That's why we ended so high in points ppl focused the wrong people and they suffered because of it. I even told you this in your video ppl lack experience and prioritize the wrong classes first far too much. Also I'm not a idiot why would I switch up a cleric for a archer I'd sooner take a sin bm veno mystic you know something useful? But For what to lose and waste time and resources? I play arena for fun above all else but I'm not in the business of wasting my time and my teammate's. I could be doing other stuff like getting more upgrades or playing other games rather than setting up a team whom can't work effectively together simply because I could. Efficiency and fun vs fun and time killers no thanks. We built a team that literally was made to cover each others mistakes or weak points.

I'm not ganna apologize to other teams because they didn't figure out a team. That's designed to cover each other. There's teams who fight us a lot or watch enough of my videos or plane ask me how do they beat us I told some and some figured it out. We have had fights Nemki easily died and we still won despite ppl claim Nemki holds up our team. Ignorance/Overconfidence defeats ppl. Heck main reason we win is due to the fact I know the gears of main of our competition if I meet someone I don't know, a lot of times we stand a chance of losing mainly due to poor planning. #KnowTheyEnemy gg wp
  • jsxshadow
    @blazerboy Yeah, that's all well and good but I'd feel like it is a bit too easy like that but yes, if your main goal is to farm coins you outta be in a great team. To be honest, nemki is the weakest chain in your team simply due to the fact that he is a psy..people focusing the psy first are seriously inexperienced.

A perfect counter-Squad would have enough CC to lock you down so that the other 2 (if they have enough damage) focus yuji to kill him and if they manage to do that they should all focus on you. If they have enough damage and CC this should be a fairly easy task. Nemki's role in your team is more of a bait...I'd never focus a psy first..that is just stupidity..the amount of stuff you need to blow just to be able to attack one is insane. Without support he dies like a fly..just like anyone would alone vs 2/3 ppl. Yuji first while you are CCed, then you, then its gg.

Easier said then done but it's really not hard to figure out who to focus in certain matchups if ppl have even a little bit of experience...but then there is class disadvantages and stuff. So even if you know who to focus..if you lack the damage/CC you can try to focus but will fail because the targets won't die fast enough until they get the chance to support each other again xD

Hopefully they introduce rental character for reasonable prices for something like this. Me on NP BM, Incu as NP sin and Light as NP cleric..that outta be alot of fine and a decent competition for any squad in the game :D
  • blazerboy
    edited May 2017
    @jsxshadow can you like not expose my team on forums please and give gg noobs ideas? Thanks xD eh eitherway ccing ppl/killing is always easier said then done and eh NP deity sin still easy kill, NP cleric still easy one and done if you have purge if no purge then no thanks on rental chars. Bm same no purge then endgame bm full str is just no thanks xD. Not ganna want a pocket veno just for that if keep purge weps and give all that then I'm fine with it
    Post edited by blazerboy on
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    kalystconquerer#0876 Posts: 1,421 Perfect World Employee
    zentfamily wrote: »
    derail2.jpg

^ This. If you would like to discuss strategies on teams extensively, please move that to the appropriate subforums.

We haven't gotten the update from CN yet, so I'm still unsure how a reduced window of time will affect our population. Perhaps it will be better and allow more people to match make or it could get worse where everyone has exhausted all possible matches within the first few hours
  • dingo488
    dingo488 Posts: 936 Arc User

^ This. If you would like to discuss strategies on teams extensively, please move that to the appropriate subforums.

We haven't gotten the update from CN yet, so I'm still unsure how a reduced window of time will affect our population. Perhaps it will be better and allow more people to match make or it could get worse where everyone has exhausted all possible matches within the first few hours

I believe the arena works on 2 separate clocks, as long as there are at least 6 teams in queue they can infinitely cycle each other. This is not based on time, but based on the fact that once you fight 5 different teams after fighting team 1, you can fight team 1 again. That means all possible matches wudn't be exhausted within the first few hours, it would simply start a new cycle. Problem is there weren't 6 teams in queue, but usually only 2 or 3, not enough to trigger that mechanic.

• blazerboy
    @kalystconquerer#0876 imo the only issue with arena is the cooldown set where you can't fight the same team until you have fought 3-4 different team. This is ideal for China's MASSIVE community but for us it's detrimental especially for people farming points. Either extending the range from 200 to 400 or remove that cooldown entirely