BM's Skils Runes (Blademaster) Opinions

Options
red#4565
red#4565 Posts: 66 Arc User
edited May 2017 in General Discussion
Hi, I would like to know about what kind of Rune the BM's are using in each skills and their opinions. If the upgrades are really good or not.

Comments

• jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    Options
    Personally, I stick to the CHI Option (cant recall which glyph it was but I guess it was the blue one?) for the spamable rotation skills. I also use the chi reduction for HF option on Myriad Sword Stance and the return Chi option for HF. Overall full chi built which I think is the best choice for BMs overall. The amount of chi you use for the red Glyph effects are not worth it by all means. The damage is very underwhelming and in nearly 100% of all situations just throwing an HF is the better option..or even just GS.
  • lv100togekiss
    lv100togekiss Posts: 39 Arc User
    Options
    With lv 1 chi runes on ferocious leap and army crusher, you can achieve perma spark with spirit chaser and star smite. I also want to get the Blade Tornado that damages ever second. Would be a nice way to run thru squads in TWs.
  • red#4565
    Options
    The new Blade Tornado hit in second by second? D:
  • red#4565
    Options
    My BM is full strenght, i think tornado will deal a high hit.
    The runes of damage is not so good? =/
  • lv100togekiss
    Options
    Blade Tornado deals a lot of damage. One of the runes changes it to damage every second instead of every 3 seconds. The damage is nerfed some, but it attacks more often.
  • dingo488
    dingo488 Posts: 936 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Experimented with the skills a little, conclusions so far are

Green Glyph BT isnt good, even tho it hits every 1s the damage is 3x less. (2k per second on an unbuffed arcane armor...terrible)
    MSS + HF Combo isnt reliable enough, 1 CC on you inbetween and the combo breaks, being a BM this will happen 90% of the time.

Glacial Spike is no longer a melee skill and is now a ranged skill with 10m range, so Id probably lean towards using that more often, but it has no useful glyphs. But since both HF and GS are pretty good I'd just dump a lot on the chi gain. Overall the glyphs are extremely boring for BMs n its sad to listen to all the cool stuff other classes get when really all we're looking at right now is chi gain, but Im still experimenting with stuff.

Perhaps when we get higher level glyphs its worth looking into the red glyph on Ocean's Edge, since its a terrible skill, not even worth putting on ur skillbar you can use it as a finisher with the red glyph, but for that the chi gain needs to be extremely high so you'll need higher level glyphs first, but being sage I could see this being an option at some point.

One of the upsides on the blue glyphs is that I'm no longer stuck having to use terrible skills like Star Smite and Spirit Chaser, that do absolutely nothing but give chi, I can now have plenty of chi income on my main skills. Demons are probably still stuck on those shjtty skills tho, since they now basically have the chi management that sage BMs had before the update.
  • red#4565
    Options
    I might choose the damage runes. The damage increased of Tornado runes are very good. The Skils with a litlle cooldown, like Ferocious Leap for ex., damage too. But another guy told me that DMG Runes isn't good too -.-
    About HF and MSS combo, i was think like you dingo488. Maybe in pratice it ins't so good, but ... i will try. Rune of chi in HF is nice.
  • lv100togekiss
    Options
    I have no complaints about swords skills. It's because of the primal versions that I've become a sword bm.
  • dingo488
    Options
    red#4565 wrote: »
    About HF and MSS combo, i was think like you dingo488. Maybe in pratice it ins't so good, but ... i will try. Rune of chi in HF is nice.

It was the first thing I wanted to try out, but its bad. Before you can HF a target you need to prepare the target, usually with Roar of the Pride. But if you MSS -> Roar -> HF you run the risk of being too slow or getting stopped, or the risk of MSS stunning the target n as a result Roar not stunning it. If you Roar -> MSS -> HF then the stun/disarm wears off when the HF drops, which is just strictly worse than Roar -> HF. I think getting the timing on the skills right is worth paying the extra chi for, its too klunky otherwise.

I havent tested the other version of Blade Tornado yet, but BT is a terrible skill in this day n age. The skill says it makes you immune to all control effects, but it doesnt work again Paralyze, nor does it work against Vortex. Currently its perfectly normal to face 15 vortex classes in a single xTW/TW, as much as I hate it, but that just means BT makes you less mobile instead of more mobile like it was intended, since you dont have access to your leaps during the BT.

• red#4565
    Options
    dingo488 wrote: »
    red#4565 wrote: »

It was the first thing I wanted to try out, but its bad. Before you can HF a target you need to prepare the target, usually with Roar of the Pride. But if you MSS -> Roar -> HF you run the risk of being too slow or getting stopped, or the risk of MSS stunning the target n as a result Roar not stunning it. If you Roar -> MSS -> HF then the stun/disarm wears off when the HF drops, which is just strictly worse than Roar -> HF. I think getting the timing on the skills right is worth paying the extra chi for, its too klunky otherwise.

I havent tested the other version of Blade Tornado yet, but BT is a terrible skill in this day n age. The skill says it makes you immune to all control effects, but it doesnt work again Paralyze, nor does it work against Vortex. Currently its perfectly normal to face 15 vortex classes in a single xTW/TW, as much as I hate it, but that just means BT makes you less mobile instead of more mobile like it was intended, since you dont have access to your leaps during the BT.
    Great know about this... but, i will try tornado with some runes. It's very good to pvp because of the high damage with runes of DMG. In TW, the rune that increase the duration is very great when you are with the CAR¹ by 50% reduction.
    PS: ¹I dont know how you call the car that Barbarian carry, so i call "CAR" kkkkk)

Your BM is full Strenght? I would like to know more about DMG runes in basic skils...
    there are some people that say runes of DMG is a **** kkkk
  • dingo488
    Options
    I have 911 str, 60k p.att unbuffed, BT does no damage
  • jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    Options
    MSS is in and on itself a pretty good and cheap skill now so I'm going to use it alot anyways.

It's kinda a negative 1/2 Spark on anyone in terms of damage reduction. That's pretty nice along with the chance to stun if all else fails.
  • dingo488
    Options
    MSS is a fine skill in isolation, but we need to look at the whole class.

The 1 spark cost is very deceptive, it has a 3 second cast time. Since you are stuck in a 3 second cast time, you won't be generating chi (you miss out on a full spark pretty much), you won't be generating any damage. Lowering attack and having a chance to stun is kind of silly if you look at the BM kit, filled with stuns and disarms, it's just never the right skill of choice. The only time it's actually a worthwhile effect is when you hit multiple people with it, but MSS is a defensive skill, if you can hit multiple people then using an offensive skill is pretty much always better, since it forces your opponent to play defensively.

Seeing the golden glyph for MSS, which reduces the chi cost of HF, was kind of the only hope, since it makes up for the 3 seconds you miss out while being stuck in the cast animation, but realistically speaking what MSS -> HF really does is change HF into a skill with 4~5 seconds channel time with the reward that it costs 40 less chi, which is extremely bad if you look at it like that. There's a really good reason melee classes don't have skills with 4~5 seconds channel time, and while it's not exactly the same, it' pretty damn close, any form of interruption and the whole combo is gone. Not to mention the combo is way too telegraphed, HF isn't a skill you want to announce to your opponent before using it, if you combo it with MSS then that's exactly what you're doing.

That said, MSS would be a nice skill if it didn't have a 3 second cast time, but 3 seconds if way too long. Even though the skill got changed to cost 1 spark, it might as well cost 2 sparks since that's what you're missing during the cast time.
  • red#4565
    edited May 2017
    Options
    dingo488 wrote: »
    MSS is a fine skill in isolation, but we need to look at the whole class.

The 1 spark cost is very deceptive, it has a 3 second cast time. Since you are stuck in a 3 second cast time, you won't be generating chi (you miss out on a full spark pretty much), you won't be generating any damage. Lowering attack and having a chance to stun is kind of silly if you look at the BM kit, filled with stuns and disarms, it's just never the right skill of choice. The only time it's actually a worthwhile effect is when you hit multiple people with it, but MSS is a defensive skill, if you can hit multiple people then using an offensive skill is pretty much always better, since it forces your opponent to play defensively.

Seeing the golden glyph for MSS, which reduces the chi cost of HF, was kind of the only hope, since it makes up for the 3 seconds you miss out while being stuck in the cast animation, but realistically speaking what MSS -> HF really does is change HF into a skill with 4~5 seconds channel time with the reward that it costs 40 less chi, which is extremely bad if you look at it like that. There's a really good reason melee classes don't have skills with 4~5 seconds channel time, and while it's not exactly the same, it' pretty damn close, any form of interruption and the whole combo is gone. Not to mention the combo is way too telegraphed, HF isn't a skill you want to announce to your opponent before using it, if you combo it with MSS then that's exactly what you're doing.

That said, MSS would be a nice skill if it didn't have a 3 second cast time, but 3 seconds if way too long. Even though the skill got changed to cost 1 spark, it might as well cost 2 sparks since that's what you're missing during the cast time.

3 suggestions:

1. Nerf the attack of members in group, for me, is very usefull in a TW for example. You get closed, cast MSS, wait the stun effect pass casting any skil in area, and roar. I always have a support of a EP. If something goes wrong between this process i, call him kkkkk.

2. In X1, you sacrifice 3 seconds of cast (and chi, like u said) to gain 15 seconds of high reduction of DMG. Against WB, RT, SK, MS (%), MG (%), or any classes that dont purify, you ensures more time for deal DMG without use 12sec and so on, forcing your opponent to play defensively too because the DMG of him inst being enought.

3. In Massive PVP, you can cast MSS in a target just to take the buff (can be in a friend close kkkk) and so, u use Holy Patch to the place u want to cast it. 3 seconds isnt really a good time... but in this case. Try it.

The combo with HF really ... we have some problems with predictable combo.