Arena rankings

dregenfox
dregenfox Posts: 713 Arc User
edited May 2017 in General Discussion
As far as I can tell on Dawnlight server there's been no rankings since the release of expansion for the arigora coliseum. It just says that the server is busy. Is this feature currently bugged or has it just not been implemented?

It would be nice to track class stats and see how US rankings differ from Chinese ones.

Comments

• xdragonxx
    xdragonxx Posts: 39 Arc User
    im thinking the ranking is shown when personal score of people reach above 2200, which is the 'top' rank of arena, a bit like minion arena will not show scores until 1500+
  • dingo488
    dingo488 Posts: 936 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    ye its a shame the rankings arent working :( Even if they were u wont be able to compare the US with the Chinese rankings, seeing how 6v6 Arena is completely desolated :\

Even in 3v3 it'll be pretty hard to get a proper ranking, I think of the top 10 geared people doing arena probably 9 of them are sins. Its just an overgeared class in PWI, we know the class of choice of all the dirty cashshoppers kukuku
  • dregenfox
    dingo488 wrote: »
    ye its a shame the rankings arent working :( Even if they were u wont be able to compare the US with the Chinese rankings, seeing how 6v6 Arena is completely desolated :\

Even in 3v3 it'll be pretty hard to get a proper ranking, I think of the top 10 geared people doing arena probably 9 of them are sins. Its just an overgeared class in PWI, we know the class of choice of all the dirty cashshoppers kukuku

I haven't found sins to be particularly overpowering in PWI's arena, if anything I'd say the super-geared DB's/BM's are winning the most. Most sins I see are ~65-66% win rate. Might change depending on how how widespread purge weps become, the glyphs are adding even more bulk to most characters.
  • dingo488
    Ow Im not talking about the solo matchmaking, Im talking about team matchmaking
  • dregenfox
    edited May 2017

Sins aren't doing anything pre-para unless they get an assist from veno/db/bm. They are far from the most effective class in there and interchangeable with wiz/db/sb.
  • aphrodita
    aphrodita Posts: 228 Arc User
    dregenfox wrote: »

Sins aren't doing anything pre-para unless they get an assist from veno/db/bm. They are far from the most effective class in there and interchangeable with wiz/db/sb.

meanwhile in yesterdays arena, our only loss btw: 6KNipXO.png

hi, im a josd psy with 37,5 k hp and was fully buffed in def blessing there. the sin used 1 cursed jail out of stealth right at the start. if thats not effective, then idk :D
  • dregenfox
    aphrodita wrote: »

meanwhile in yesterdays arena, our only loss btw: 6KNipXO.png

hi, im a josd psy with 37,5 k hp and was fully buffed in def blessing there. the sin used 1 cursed jail out of stealth right at the start. if thats not effective, then idk :D

Have you seen that sin's gear?

I would also need more context than just this screenshot. Have you had a lot of experience tanking sins in general?
  • blazerboy
    blazerboy Posts: 1,673 Arc User
    @aphrodita he's only saying that due to the fact he's a mystic with far more pdef buffed than a black voodoo psy. Hes agianst dbs because they can stop him from perks healing himself bias much.... Sins literally have x3 the damage dbs have due to skillls like cursed jail and elimination scaling based of base damage % but since since can't control him as easily they aren't a issue meanwhile the rest of us non arcanes get deleted in about 3-4hits equal gear or slightly less...
    105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
    http://mypers.pw/5/#258958
  • blazerboy
    @jsxshadow ijs mystic got so much this update what more can he want.... anti paralyze purify too? Ffs...
  • dingo488
    edited May 2017
    blazerboy wrote: »
    @jsxshadow ijs mystic got so much this update what more can he want.... anti paralyze purify too? Ffs...

Eh, 90% of the mystic skills are glitched in arena and don't do anything though :(

I don't think its worth talking about the solo queue tho, there's no matchmaking for solo queue it just puts everyone together which sux, cuz 90% of the matches I've played in solo queue just came down to a 1v1 cuz both parties had 2 1shots. Having played in a very broad time range solo arena is also way more easy on european time vs american time. If you play on european time there's so many undergeared players in arena, pretty easy to get a high winrate.
  • dregenfox
    edited May 2017
    @aphrodita he's only saying that due to the fact he's a mystic with far more pdef buffed than a black voodoo psy. Hes agianst dbs because they can stop him from perks healing himself bias much.... Sins literally have x3 the damage dbs have due to skillls like cursed jail and elimination scaling based of base damage % but since since can't control him as easily they aren't a issue meanwhile the rest of us non arcanes get deleted in about 3-4hits equal gear or slightly less...

Lol no Im sorry but you have a misunderstanding of game mechanics...I guarantee you an equally geared full-buffed caster is not an easy one-shot for ANY sin. He is not giving us full information here, he is either vastly outgeared, extremely unlucky, or running around with 15k base p. def.

I have 29.8k hp buffed and not full RB1 on cards and don't get hit that hard by that sin. This psy has 37k.
  • blazerboy
    @dingo488 atleast you're on a American server without rediculous ping spikes best part about arena hahaha
  • dingo488
    Hm, but I'm european
  • dregenfox
    edited May 2017

Eh, 90% of the mystic skills are glitched in arena and don't do anything though :(

I don't think its worth talking about the solo queue tho, there's no matchmaking for solo queue it just puts everyone together which sux, cuz 90% of the matches I've played in solo queue just came down to a 1v1 cuz both parties had 2 1shots. Having played in a very broad time range solo arena is also way more easy on european time vs american time. If you play on european time there's so many undergeared players in arena, pretty easy to get a high winrate.

Yeah, I did notice competition during late night is a lot tougher. Especially on the first and 2nd day, on US times it was pretty much all max-geared players and even full Rb2 NP players. Wish it was still active, those were some insanely awesome fights.

Nowadays arena is a crapshoot since the undergeared players have joined.
  • aphrodita
    im max geared, im afraid. we had this discussion before in another thread, some months ago and ppl blamed it on "black voodoo", acting like it reduces my defense by half, lol. but thanks for claming that a 37 k hp psy has 15 k pdeff, its 25 k.

the sin didnt even have inkdragonblood on and no glyph bonus and we have the same gear.

conclusion -> sin can kill equally geared arcanes with 1 skill out of stealth trough def charms.

and trust me, i dont die often and surely not easily, its literally just this 1 class that is broken as fk on its own.
  • jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    @aphrodita ofc sins are broken. They've always been. Unless ofc if you are a very very tanky class. I couldnt care less about equally geared Sins on my BM or Barb..totally negligible if they come alone.

The problem for caster is that 1 skill alone has the potential not only to OS you..but to at least charmbypass you when the heaviest hits Zerkcrit. Had that happen to my SB quite a few times as well, however not as many as a PSy, I can imagine. Alone from the 23% damage reduction on close range that SBs got and ofc BV does reduce the def for quite a bit. However, vs 290 attack level it shouldnt matter much anyways xD

People also forget that NP mostly increases damage by alot..not so much the defenses if you don't have a massive def level/spirit bonus anyways. More damage on the side of the sin means you need more def to stay alive but NP mostly supplies just damage. Squishies become squishier and DDs become more powerful DDs.

If it was by my will I would remove all G17, all NP cards and charts as well and we would have a pretty balanced game as it is atm with all the skill updates. A and g14 shards..they need to leave too. CF set is good enough for anything :D Then all squishier classes wouldn't struggle that much to stay alive.
  • keihan007#7641
    keihan007#7641 Posts: 1,190 Arc User

Lol no Im sorry but you have a misunderstanding of game mechanics...I guarantee you an equally geared full-buffed caster is not an easy one-shot for ANY sin. He is not giving us full information here, he is either vastly outgeared, extremely unlucky, or running around with 15k base p. def.

I have 29.8k hp buffed and not full RB1 on cards and don't get hit that hard by that sin. This psy has 37k.

Judging from HP thats most likely a NP psy in this thread so no, they arent being massively outgeared. However it sounds like they were selfbuffed and knowing psys being pretty consistently Deity over JoSD, would explain a lot. Psys defenses arent much of a help with DPH classes, specially ones with multihit skills. They are completely broken against DPS classes who cant get around the seal w/o genie though.
    BlackList vs Frenzied 3/17

https://youtu.be/RkkWkigYd3k
  • aphrodita
    edited May 2017
    saxroll wrote: »

Judging from HP thats most likely a NP psy in this thread so no, they arent being massively outgeared. However it sounds like they were selfbuffed and knowing psys being pretty consistently Deity over JoSD, would explain a lot. Psys defenses arent much of a help with DPH classes, specially ones with multihit skills. They are completely broken against DPS classes who cant get around the seal w/o genie though.

full josd, spirit of defense, omalley. if i was self buffed, he could actually 1 hit me with g17.3 purge daggers...
  • dregenfox
    edited May 2017

full josd, spirit of defense, omalley. if i was self buffed, he could actually 1 hit me with g17.3 purge daggers...

Can you post a screenshot of something besides just the damage?

I have a hard time believing that a fully buffed josd np psy is getting constantly one-shot by sins out of stealth everytime he walks out of spawn. Accounting for def charms he's doing over 60k+ damage on cursed jail on a target with at least 40k p. def and 120+ def lvls.

That's over 540k raw damage. That's stupid.
  • aphrodita

I have a hard time believing that a fully buffed josd np psy is getting constantly one-shot by sins out of stealth everytime he walks out of spawn. Accounting for def charms he's doing over 60k+ damage on cursed jail on a target with at least 40k p. def and 120+ def lvls.

you would see me dead in a bigger picture, so why bother. i didnt say constantly, this happened for the first time. and yes its stupid, 30 sec longer tidal CD wont change it :D
  • dregenfox
    edited May 2017

you would see me dead in a bigger picture, so why bother. i didnt say constantly, this happened for the first time. and yes its stupid, 30 sec longer tidal CD wont change it :D

You have the screenie though, yeah? I need to see it for context. Considering you had def charms that's enough to one-shot a barb in tiger who isn't lucky enough to have his def charms up. The numbers just don't add up and isn't enough to justify a further nerf of sins when their tidal already got nerfed pretty badly.

Was this after new glyphs or before? The most combo points he could have is like 4 or 5 in stealth? Not sure how the points work.
  • aphrodita
    the sin said that the cursed jail stun prevented my def charms from getting triggered, so the first 2 hits of cursed jail were def charmed and the next 2 hit me for 10 k and 26.6 k, which charmbypassed me. the context is the following: the battle was 8 seconds old and i was dead as he popped out of stealth. he then proceed to basically 1 hit our josd cleric (aeu set) with knife throw.
  • dregenfox
    edited May 2017
    the sin said that the cursed jail stun prevented my def charms from getting triggered, so the first 2 hits of cursed jail were def charmed and the next 2 hit me for 10 k and 26.6 k, which charmbypassed me. the context is the following: the battle was 8 seconds old and i was dead as he popped out of stealth. he then proceed to basically 1 hit our josd cleric (aeu set) with knife throw.

Hmm, based just on this info, yeah sin definitely needs more than just a tidal nerf. They need damage nerfed by at least 20-30%.

Could just be that other server's sins don't play effectively enough compared to Da sins, and I'm getting the wrong impression.

I do remember seeing a video of a 6v6 where a double-wiz arcane group from Da destroyed a multi-sin party (which had a full RBNP sin as well), so I think it's mainly a playstyle issue for other servers.
  • keihan007#7641

Hmm, based just on this info, yeah sin definitely needs more than just a tidal nerf. They need damage nerfed by at least 20-30%.

Could just be that other server's sins don't play effectively enough compared to Da sins, and I'm getting the wrong impression.

I do remember seeing a video of a 6v6 where a double-wiz arcane group from Da destroyed a multi-sin party (which had a full RBNP sin as well), so I think it's mainly a playstyle issue for other servers.

Why dont you get married to Joe and make the forum/Da power couple? Cause these sort of conclusions out of a singular video are something even he wouldnt spew. There are good sins on all servers, there are garbage sins on all servers. My experience trough doing DC for ages, decent amount of 3v3, says there is no major difference between sins across servers. The damage output of certain sins is simply absolutely ridiculous and seeing them cursed jail somebody to death from stealth doesnt surprise me.

• dregenfox
    edited May 2017

Why dont you get married to Joe and make the forum/Da power couple? Cause these sort of conclusions out of a singular video are something even he wouldnt spew. There are good sins on all servers, there are garbage sins on all servers. My experience trough doing DC for ages, decent amount of 3v3, says there is no major difference between sins across servers. The damage output of certain sins is simply absolutely ridiculous and seeing them cursed jail somebody to death from stealth doesnt surprise me.

There wasn't any video. It was just a screenshot and someone's word. I'm just stating that if a sin can knife throw one-shot a full JoSD endgame full buffed caster then their damage output is simply way too overtuned. It would mean there is something wrong with the damage formula, or something that other sins aren't doing. I highly doubt there's an issue with the damage formula.

I think you're taking certain conjectures as fact when they were just theories based on what people are claiming sins are capable of doing.

I'm not exactly sure how Joe factors into this conversation.
  • keihan007#7641
    There wasn't any video. It was just a screenshot and someone's word. I'm just stating that if a sin can knife throw one-shot a full JoSD endgame full buffed caster then their damage output is simply way too overtuned. It would mean there is something wrong with the damage formula, or something that other sins aren't doing. I highly doubt there's an issue with the damage formula.

I think you're taking certain conjectures as fact when they were just theories based on what people are claiming sins are capable of doing.

I referenced video you mentioned and the conclusions you pulled out of it, which were a joke. something Joe might say in one of his rants. Hence I suggested you might want to look for a soulmate in there.

Something other sins arent doing? Do you even listen to yourself? There is no secret Da sins are doing, they are generally very well geared but that can be said of many other sins too. The reason why people get whacked for massive Zerk crits is because sins are extremely poorly designed class, its just how the class works/operates. The problem is you can be jades on a sin and still our dmg pretty much every other class in game. If you go deities, well then you can just cut people trough buffs pretty effectively.

The class has too much damage, if they were forced to go deity to kill people like other DD classes the upcoming tidal nerf might make them somewhat balanced. But this is not the case, they can still go jades and have more than enough dmg to drop endgame players, which is just ridiculous.

Sadly we wont get rid of sins dmg output till we are forced out of our R9T3 sets, which isnt something I`m looking forward to. On CN people are actually tankier because of belts, which can be refined. And sins deal less damage as they miss 100 dex set bonus. As a combination, even if CN were to balance sins in their version, they wont be balanced here till we are forced into similar gear.

• dregenfox
    edited May 2017

I referenced video you mentioned and the conclusions you pulled out of it, which were a joke. something Joe might say in one of his rants. Hence I suggested you might want to look for a soulmate in there.

Something other sins arent doing? Do you even listen to yourself? There is no secret Da sins are doing, they are generally very well geared but that can be said of many other sins too. The reason why people get whacked for massive Zerk crits is because sins are extremely poorly designed class, its just how the class works/operates. The problem is you can be jades on a sin and still our dmg pretty much every other class in game. If you go deities, well then you can just cut people trough buffs pretty effectively.

The class has too much damage, if they were forced to go deity to kill people like other DD classes the upcoming tidal nerf might make them somewhat balanced. But this is not the case, they can still go jades and have more than enough dmg to drop endgame players, which is just ridiculous.

Sadly we wont get rid of sins dmg output till we are forced out of our R9T3 sets, which isnt something I`m looking forward to. On CN people are actually tankier because of belts, which can be refined. And sins deal less damage as they miss 100 dex set bonus. As a combination, even if CN were to balance sins in their version, they wont be balanced here till we are forced into similar gear.

I'm wondering what exactly would be the point of playing sin if they lost even the slight damage advantage they have at close range? They don't have any reliable lockdown like DB/BM, are fairly squishy when focused, and are easily kited to infinity by purify procced casters.

My mystic still regularly gets crit for 30k+ by the two RB NP psychics on our server. That damage is almost impossible to escape due to the range of those skills, and also affects people in an aoe. Same with wizards. I take 15-20k from spark combos even when buffed with SoD.

I've never even seen a Deity wizard do that well in pvp. Are you saying all the Jaded wizards are having issues dropping endgame players?

The value of high damage isn't much when there's a high difficulty in actually applying it. Triple sparked demon mystics are capable of some insane damage by abusing -channel, but it's so easy to see coming that they won't regularly get kills from it.

This is the same thing with sins. You KNOW their main threat is the damage from sparking. Without spark boost it's extremely likely that the caster will proc purify before he dies. Is it really hard to predict that a sin will attempt to double spark+nuke at the beginning of a match?

Everything that a sin does is telegraphed and counter-able in arena. If they go for tackling + seal there's a huge window to prepare while they're casting, if they just go for seal you know you can walk away. If they triple spark you have 4-5 seconds to counter it. If they blow everything on triple spark + cursed jail and you're caught without a genie then you die. This is literally what 9/10 sins spam over and over in pvp. If the sin didn't have that damage potential to wtfnuke something really fast then there would be no point in bringing one to arena.
  • draco5787
    draco5787 Posts: 38 Arc User
    Well let me point out that sins can use Ulti and then cursed jail or any of the other multi hit skills to deal insane amounts of damage. Lest not forget they could have triple sparked or double sparked from stealth before hand. I can see how a 290 attack level sin can charm bypass a Psy like they did.
  • blazerboy
    edited May 2017
    Sins don't have a reliable lockdown which is why I say he's bias agianst db. Db has far less DD than sin and yet stats sins aren't a problem despite x3 the DD but can't keep him in place as affective beyond one paralyze ok give sins 3 more paralyze or play a diff class one without puri proc and come tell us sins damage is no problem lol db can lockdown yes but didn't know dbs have skills like cursed jail or spamable elimination with rediculous damage index based of base phy damage % which as we all know 3rd spark scales to unimaginable effects. Only reason he feels sins aren't a issue is due to puri proc basically a counter to sin then when a class counters puri proc with way less damage it's unfair #BiasMuch