Back after long break

Options
blaithinn
blaithinn Posts: 4 Arc User
Hello,

I back to game after a long break and get from Administration redeem code where I got Illusionary Crystal which can lvl up me to 85 lvl. I never had higher lvl than 35. Now have 30 as Cleric. Can you advice me what should do? Use it Crystal? But what with all Cultivation quests? I have no idea what should do...
Can someone advice me?

Comments

• nightmare201
    nightmare201 Posts: 50 Arc User
    Options
    The Illusionary crystal gives you enough exp to level to 95 immediately. So any levels you currently have will be added to it. Personally since this is the first character you would have over level 35, as you mentioned, I think it would be smart to level normally until around lvl 70 or so. That way you'll have some coin from quests and you'll understand your class a bit better. Then the illusionary crystal will just help you skip the tedium of leveling past that point. The cultivation quests will still work in the same order, you'll just be a much higher level then usual when doing them.
  • phantomforce#4598
    phantomforce#4598 Posts: 397 Community Moderator
    Options
    The Illusionary crystal gives you enough exp to level to 95 immediately. So any levels you currently have will be added to it. Personally since this is the first character you would have over level 35, as you mentioned, I think it would be smart to level normally until around lvl 70 or so. That way you'll have some coin from quests and you'll understand your class a bit better. Then the illusionary crystal will just help you skip the tedium of leveling past that point. The cultivation quests will still work in the same order, you'll just be a much higher level then usual when doing them.

I agree entirely with this. It's my plan as well because I am starting fresh on a new server.​​
  • blaithinn
    Options
    Okay, thank you very much for advice. :)
  • dregenfox
    dregenfox Posts: 713 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    Options
    blaithinn wrote: »

My best advice would be to charge a few bucks and use the illusionary crystal. This will save you a LOT of time and let you reach the endgame quicker, where you're capable of really farming and saving for endgame. The money you make leveling from 30-95 can be made back in a couple runs of JFSP.
  • nightmare201
    nightmare201 Posts: 50 Arc User
    Options
    dregenfox wrote: »

My best advice would be to charge a few bucks and use the illusionary crystal. This will save you a LOT of time and let you reach the endgame quicker, where you're capable of really farming and saving for endgame. The money you make leveling from 30-95 can be made back in a couple runs of JFSP.

You apparently didn't read the post lol. They've already got an illusionary crystal. And myself and phantomforce already advised them on how best to handle using it.
  • dregenfox
    dregenfox Posts: 713 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    Options
    dregenfox wrote: »

You apparently didn't read the post lol. They've already got an illusionary crystal. And myself and phantomforce already advised them on how best to handle using it.

The higher level quests give a lot more experience and money. Skipping the earlier levels and just getting up to 95 immediately lets her skip the grinding process and level through phoenix valley. Using the crystal immediately and charging like $5 and selling the gold will give her more money than grinding through 10 hours of lvl 35-70.

Its the best way to level since grinding on pve mobs tends to teach bad habits that are hard to break at high levels. Not to mention, its boring and time-consuming.
  • blaithinn
    Options
    Thank you for your all opinions. :)
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    kalystconquerer#0876 Posts: 1,421 Perfect World Employee
    Options
    Hello!

Most players have already chimed in, but I would definitely hold onto it - however, make sure you use it before you reawaken at the very least, or you will be locked out from being able to use it!

Make sure to utilize all the resources available to you in the form of the wiki or the many guides here to get a better understanding of your character and how the game plays both when doing things solo and with teamplay. All of the high level content will require you to know how to play your class in group situations and how your class interacts as well as some core gameplay mechanics. I started on a Cleric myself, and I do miss playing it from time to time.

Have fun!
  • blaithinn
    Options
    Hello!

(..)

All of the high level content will require you to know how to play your class in group situations and how your class interacts as well as some core gameplay mechanics. I started on a Cleric myself, and I do miss playing it from time to time.

Have fun!

Thanks, I wanted play as healer but in low lvl is now hard to find group.^^' But I like this class. :)

• greenfire312
    greenfire312 Posts: 269 Arc User
    Options
    Thanks, I wanted play as healer but in low lvl is now hard to find group.^^' But I like this class. :)
    Clerics are a great class at endgame, you're second only to barbs in usefulness for endgame runs (in some cases, more so) and your buffs will be universally appreciated. :) Stick with it.

Sadly most people don't pay attention to the lowgame anymore, though. What runs are you trying to do? If it's early bounty hunters, most people sadly find a soloer to do it for them - but it can be a lot of fun to do, for example, a BH29 (Qingzi) run with a squad of all-40s characters. If you get a chance at a run like that, definitely go for it. Otherwise, most of the time you start to find proper squads for daily runs around the 80s (BH69) or 90s (BH79, Brim, Eden) if you choose not to use the crystal before that point.

Mains: Miugre / LigerKing
    Etherblade server