New Titles UI

Options
wibles
wibles Posts: 57 Arc User
Looking at the newly introduced titles UI, we're missing any way to tell if a given title has an expiration date. For instance, Servant of Lord Kitten, Haste Up!, or Archosaur Guardian are all titles that expire after 30 days, but in their description nowhere does it mention that. So now with there being no way to tell which titles expire, it's impossible to know for NEW titles if they are worth investing in or not. For example, the new Neverfall Squire, Kight and King titles, a goo number of badges are required to obtain them, but are these permanent titles? Also, the Christmas Event title that requires Snowman Pasters-- people on our server have been selling the items needed for that title for 7-15m each.... but how can anyone tell if this title will expire in 30 days or not, without investing in it?

Adding an area back that allows us to see which of these titles are time limited would be greatly appreciated. :)

Comments

• spartanschild#9765
    spartanschild#9765 Posts: 12 Arc User
    Options
    I believe this discussion belongs in the Neverfall Bugs thread
  • wibles
    Options
    Is it a bug...? I can move it but I'm not sure if the UI was intended to be that way or not..
  • forbiddenwords
    forbiddenwords Posts: 321 Arc User
    Options
    Timed titles are typically (if not exclusively) acquired through events and they're free to get (except the VIP titles, but they warn you they expire). Think it's safe to say the snowman paster and neverfall badge ones are permanent, but I agree it wouldn't hurt to state that in the title UI as well​​
    BfYIUJc.png
    ☆ Pixel ♥ Heart ☆ Etherblade ☆
  • wibles
    Options
    Exactly, the VIP titles also have a cost and expire, which is why I don't trust titles that that are "purchase-able" per se-- if you have to trade in a certain number of items or gold/coin amount for a title, most of the time they are time limited. Particularly the snowman paster quest-- that is an item you receive during an event that you trade for a title, which is exactly like many of the other event titles we have. The one exception so far has been WQ titles.

• forbiddenwords
    Options
    Just noticed the item description confirms the title is permanent

2n21ggn.png
    ​​
    BfYIUJc.png
  • erokes
    erokes Posts: 195 Arc User
    Options
    Aww I loaned my paster to someone they never gave it back u.u i'd have given it to you to get that title, Pixy.
    1zcj1jr.jpg

Xenryu ~ Chaotic Soul Venomancer {Retired}

A Horrified Fashionsta

~*~ I now reside in the game called Real Life with my husband LordLunaris ~*~
  • forbiddenwords
    Options
    All goods i got my last one already but ty <3​​
    BfYIUJc.png
  • doods00
    doods00 Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Super edit*

Edit* after talking with people, there is supposed to be checkboxes to switch between title. there is no check boxes for me to switch. gunna make a vid so people can see my problem. wish there was real QA in CN before coming here.

*edit 2* Turns out it was resolution. basically i play in windowed mode. that isnt necc a problem. the problem is when the window size resolution is smaller then 1360 x 768 . (at least im my limited testing.)

even tho im on a bigger resolution i multi client. so i use windowed mode and over lap to easily switch bewteen ( i also use debug mode and d_rendernofocus) once i increased the screen size of each window to at least that the check boxes appeared. now im curios as to what other ui issues there might be like that.
    Post edited by doods00 on
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    kalystconquerer#0876 Posts: 1,421 Perfect World Employee
    Options
    The checkboxes not appearing for some users can not be reproduced on our end unfortunately. However, I've been hearing that some German (?) clients are having this issue. I wonder if this is a UI/sizing issue. For those affected, could you let me know what resolution you play in and if you're in windowed and full screen mode? And/or if you'ved tried all these options and this does not work? '

To see expiration dates for titles, you would have to acquire it first and then mousing over the name of the title will yield the expiration date. I'll check on the Neverfall titles-it'd be odd if they expired.
  • wibles
    Options
    Thanks. I dont currently have any time sensitive titles, (since they all expired XD) so I couldnt see that. But good to know, kinda. :) I feel like showing that info ahead of time could be helpful for people so they are informed. But something is better than nothing.