Scheduled Server Maintenance - Neverfall Expansion [4/12/2017 - 10 PM PST]

Comments

• malllliii
    malllliii Posts: 137 Arc User
    When i think pwi and prices only one person comes to mind.
    32baa2802c6aa5816bc07166e0515aa8_one-hundred-million-dollars-dr-evil-meme_640-532.jpeg
    RyJfkQI.png
    Youtube Channel
    "A demon's only path to joy is through suffering"
    BigBlackClock 105x3 Assassin
  • turborocket5
    turborocket5 Posts: 5 Arc User
    *New Dungeon: Dawnlight Halls! Delve into the dark sanctum of the Future of Mankind Initiative and put a stop to their unnatural experimentations! Includes more difficult Judgment and Deicide Modes. Requires Chaotic Soul cultivation and Twilight Sky I to enter.

Not Twilight VI?
  • forbiddenwords
    forbiddenwords Posts: 321 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    sontzu wrote: »

By "spammers" I imagine you mean people having a conversation in world chat. The only people I see spamming wc on DA atm are people making squads and selling stuff.
    How easy will it be to make your squad when you can only make 1 post per minute without being penalised with increased tele costs?
    Your JFSP nuke squad will now take 1 hour+ to fill, good luck with that

There are several people on ET who enjoy spamming wc repeating the same sentence like 20 times, or people who type song lyrics in all caps for long periods of time. I don't think you need to wait 1 minute between teles, you just can't spam it. I suppose the penalty kicks in once the system detected you're spamming WC aka sending messages at a few seconds interval, so that shouldn't be a hindrance to recruiting or even casual chats. But that's just how i understood it, we'll see for sure tomorrow i suppose
    ​​
    BfYIUJc.png
    ☆ Pixel ♥ Heart ☆ Etherblade ☆
  • valdisman
    valdisman Posts: 568 Arc User
    Such a money grabbing update to put into the game. Yeah you have the spammers but if you don't like it, just block them.

xTW squad making when you go into the new world is going to be a effing joke now. You need to spam so your squads can see you and bump. It's just another way for PWI to make the desperate money they need which is surprised because they ran the donations twitch not too long ago.
    #kylehawkinsuck
    Moonshine drinker
    In a world of 10s, be an 11.
  • marsda
    marsda Posts: 7 Arc User
    valdisman wrote: »
    You need to spam so your squads can see you and bump.

Nope, you dont need to wc at all on cross-server for making squad.. just create a chatroom, tell ppl b4 crossing name+pw of it, and you can send invite when they joined that room..

Lets hope this change actually helps with Spammers.. but doubt it, since those ppl dont care about how much tele they use..
  • implode
    implode Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    malllliii wrote: »
    *Using World Chat in rapid succession will incrementally increase the number of Teleacoustics needed for each message, up to a maximum of 32. The cost will reset back to 1 after 1 minute.
    I hope this is not true. Are you crazy? World chat is already dead or almost dead sometimes anyway.
    Maybe China's servers need this but we sure as hell don't.
    You will drive more players away, as it becomes more difficult to form squads, sell items, and entertain each other with banter (yes I know it gets out of hand sometimes, but this is NOT the way to fix that).
    Please find a way to disable this in our server's version.
    I hope this is true, are YOU crazy? :) Well, morelike I imagine you are on a different server. Like Pixel said, on ET we have to listen to WC being constantly spammed all day by:
    * People being gross and vulgar
    * People repeating WTS links 20 times (same or different item), as if this is actually going to help their item sell faster
    * People yelling out song lyrics
    * People having a competition over who has (or is) the bigger ****
    * People bragging about which white named player killed who out west arch
    * People bitching about who had what buffs and what help from guildies when killing who out west arch

And this isn't isolated, its literally 24 hours a day. So a lot of us keep WC turned off all the time, unless specifically looking for a squad for something. Unfortunately I think this update really isn't actually going to help the situation, those people who delight in making WC unbearable will just spend the money on the additional teles that it now costs rather than shut up.
  • rikurebirths
    rikurebirths Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited April 2017

people who type song lyrics in all caps for long periods of time.​​

Hello Jarkhen XD and i'm not even from ET to know this haha
  • valdisman
    valdisman Posts: 568 Arc User
    marsda wrote: »
    valdisman wrote: »
    You need to spam so your squads can see you and bump.

Nope, you dont need to wc at all on cross-server for making squad.. just create a chatroom, tell ppl b4 crossing name+pw of it, and you can send invite when they joined that room..

Lets hope this change actually helps with Spammers.. but doubt it, since those ppl dont care about how much tele they use..

And you just made public the easy way to make squads. GG on making xTW chat dead..
    #kylehawkinsuck
    Moonshine drinker
    In a world of 10s, be an 11.
  • forbiddenwords
    forbiddenwords Posts: 321 Arc User

Hello Jarkhen XD and i'm not even from ET to know this haha

yeah he became famous across all pwi lmfao someone send him to Xfactor or something pls don't let his talent go to waste tiger-37.gif
    ​​
    BfYIUJc.png
    ☆ Pixel ♥ Heart ☆ Etherblade ☆
  • phantomforce#4598
    phantomforce#4598 Posts: 397 Community Moderator
    Shhh...

I snuck in and updated the OP tiger-37.gif​​
  • nunuator
    nunuator Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    So let me get this right... Instead of extending maitnence by 2-3 hours we delay the expansion by 24 hours...

So now all the people who took off work get to work tomorrow and they fall behind on the first day exploration...

I don't understand the logic in delaying an expansion for 24 hours when it's a 2-3 hour window that can be implemented..
    I mean I get it but, seriously.

#DragonOrbFlamesAsCompensation
  • shineni#2821
    shineni#2821 Posts: 70 Arc User
    Man its gonna be really funny when someone buys all the Teles from catshops and spam WC like no tomorrow just to show they have the coin, and believe me, its gonna happen, at least in Tideswell.
    On a side note, 3x drops as compensation please :-D.
  • sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    nunuator wrote: »
    So let me get this right... Instead of extending maitnence by 2-3 hours we delay the expansion by 24 hours...

So now all the people who took off work get to work tomorrow and they fall behind on the first day exploration...

I don't understand the logic in delaying an expansion for 24 hours when it's a 2-3 hour window that can be implemented..

You are making a huge assumption that the technical issue they faced could have been quickly resolved. This may not have been the case.

If you want to talk about logic, why would you take off work, for a game? Seriously?​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • nunuator
    I never said I did... I work today and have classes... I know of people who did take off work today I am NOT one of them
  • eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    No title quest updates? What is this tiger-14.gif
  • tricksie
    tricksie Posts: 189 Arc User
    Should make it easier, actually, as we won't have to compete with spammers when making squads/selling stuff, etc.

By "spammers" I imagine you mean people having a conversation in world chat. The only people I see spamming wc on DA atm are people making squads and selling stuff.
    How easy will it be to make your squad when you can only make 1 post per minute without being penalised with increased tele costs?
    Your JFSP nuke squad will now take 1 hour+ to fill, good luck with that

or your squad can help out and WC too.
    I will love this feature.
    nunuator wrote: »

Life happens.. get over it.

Y'all need to grow up and stop demanding compensation when things don't exactly as planned.​​
    z56fd27dc94746.gif
    egg-44.gif <~ these need to come back into the CS.

• nunuator
    I mean come on how do people take my hashtag seriously it's obviously a joke xD
    I'm just saying extending maitnence was probably a better call ;D
  • phantomforce#4598
    phantomforce#4598 Posts: 397 Community Moderator
    eirghan wrote: »
    No title quest updates? What is this tiger-14.gif
    There are always those things that China doesn't tell us is in the update. Maybe titles are part of them. onion-64.gif

Oh, and thank you for pointing me to the forum enhancement tools. Very nice, although it took me some working to install it.​​
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    kalystconquerer#0876 Posts: 1,421 Perfect World Employee
    Ok give me some time to wade through all the messages and emails, since I just got into the office.

On telecoustics before I answer anything else - there will be a pop up to tell you how many seconds you can wait to reduce the penalty and it will tell you how many. All other forms of chat do not have this same restriction (such as horns, cross server horns and the new Alliance Horns)

rd9efiba5jdg.png
  • tricksie
    tricksie Posts: 189 Arc User
    alliance horns.... do tell us more :)​​
    z56fd27dc94746.gif
    egg-44.gif <~ these need to come back into the CS.

• kalystconquerer#0876
    @asterelle CN prices these out. We had no use for the item in our version currently, and people were receiving items that just weren't worthwhile, so I'm glad they added an exchange for it. This also opens up my ability to hand out other types of items for prizes and this could change other things as well regarding the cash shop, but we'll see!

@turborocket5 Yep! also the cultivation is actually Chaotic Soul we were double checking it yesterday. Would be odd to require Celestial Saint if the item you need is in the dungeon to get Celestial Saint in the first place.

@valdisman That donation Twitch Stream was for raising money for a children's hospital, we did not pocket any of that money. As far as teles specifically are concerned, there's quality of life packs I've given out before that gives them out for free and I can easily continue to make these codes, so no harm there.

@marsda I thought people forgot about chat rooms! Those still exist and they're free to use, so use them! I remember there used to be one open constantly on HT for people who needed help with a FB, can't remember the faction.

@implode Since my home server is ET, I see this alot. And when I get on a GM character, it gets even worse (spam wise).

@phantomforce#4598 I see you there! *makes eyeballs*

@nowayoutgtx960 People still do this? I thought this was an old relic of the past O.o

@eirghan But...b-but you can see all of the tiles now in a shiny new interface! *hides*

@tricksie Alliance Horns will allow you to communicate with guilds you are allied with in game. The channel can not be seen by other players and you'll get the same sort of special text color and emotes like other horns features do. This could be a useful feature for communicating during different events. Disclaimer - we haven't tried these inside cross server areas, so I don't know if these will work in there.
  • eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    If there are titles in this expansion. We. WILL. Find. Them. tiger-5.gif​​
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    I mean there are new ones, but they're all event ones as far as I can tell (some PK tournament stuff). If they slipped some in under our radar, well...
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,795 Community Moderator
    Kinda works better for me.

I'm not at work Thursday.
  • catgirldesu
    catgirldesu Posts: 993 Arc User
    Is it too late to change Celestial Saint to something cooler? I don't want to become a Saint. fox-19.gif​​
  • keihan007#7641
    keihan007#7641 Posts: 1,190 Arc User
    Is it too late to change Celestial Saint to something cooler? I don't want to become a Saint. fox-19.gif​​

I will finally leave the dark side and become a saint, dont take this away from me!

But seriously speaking, if they were changing things like that at this stage, chances are our expansion would be postponed, which is the last thing ppl want.
    BlackList vs Frenzied 3/17

https://youtu.be/RkkWkigYd3k
  • dingo488
    dingo488 Posts: 936 Arc User
    @asterelle CN prices these out. We had no use for the item in our version currently, and people were receiving items that just weren't worthwhile, so I'm glad they added an exchange for it. This also opens up my ability to hand out other types of items for prizes and this could change other things as well regarding the cash shop, but we'll see!

On that note, PWI finally lowered the price of making the Quicksand Maze mats tradable! It was well over 2 years ago when I mentioned how ridiculous those prices were. So who knows @Asterelle . Stay tuned for another 2 years and maybe they'll make the Sovereign Seals useful for a price that isn't absolutely ridiculous.

• turborocket5
    turborocket5 Posts: 5 Arc User
    Wait so is it Twilight I or Twilight VI? got confused
  • greenfire312
    greenfire312 Posts: 269 Arc User
    tricksie wrote: »
    Life happens.. get over it.

Y'all need to grow up and stop demanding compensation when things don't exactly as planned.​​
    Bothered to login today just to +1 this. "WAAAH, MUH COMPENSASHUNS" stopped being funny years ago.

...okay, I also logged in to be annoying and ask @kalystconquerer#0876 if we're ever getting the wukong event back this year. :P Given that Invite a Friend is coming back, and all, and IIRC that's the one where Cloud Wonders come from.
    Mains: Miugre / LigerKing
    Etherblade server