Ask A Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer : Neverfall

Comments

• valdisman
    valdisman Posts: 568 Arc User
    13:00 server time on Etherblade they spawned.

Might be a couple hours on, hours off sort of thing. Similar to how OHT map is.
    #kylehawkinsuck
    Moonshine drinker
    In a world of 10s, be an 11.
  • thedoc1212
    thedoc1212 Posts: 135 Arc User
    any news on culti and when it kicks in i can't pick it manually from the celestial sage in heaven.
  • lyta1017
    lyta1017 Posts: 5 Arc User
    Really, really stupid question.....what's the easiest way to get to Neverfall?
  • forbiddenwords
    forbiddenwords Posts: 321 Arc User
    lyta1017 wrote: »
    Really, really stupid question.....what's the easiest way to get to Neverfall?

Do the chain. If you dont follow the chain steps you probably won't get the pink chain once you get there
    ​​
    BfYIUJc.png
    ☆ Pixel ♥ Heart ☆ Etherblade ☆
  • lyta1017
    Um, what chain? I really new to PWI
  • fillecool226
    fillecool226 Posts: 26 Arc User
    If you are new to pwi you just can't access to the new part western. This is only for mirage sky 1 + ( Rebirth 2 )
  • srovarie
    srovarie Posts: 44 Arc User
    Someone could explain me the meaning of "FMI" in the new quest chain?
  • lyta1017
    Fillecool226, thank you. I appreciate the reply.
  • cyberomega45
    cyberomega45 Posts: 175 Arc User
    srovarie wrote: »
    Someone could explain me the meaning of "FMI" in the new quest chain?

FMI = Future of Mankind Initiative. In the Chronicles which you can access through pressing C then hit the Chronicle button. Select the Appendix tab and go to page 301 it gives a history of them.
  • cyberomega45
    cyberomega45 Posts: 175 Arc User
    Autopathing in Neverfall is horrible. You get stuck on the corners of buildings all the time.
  • jamesmcd
    jamesmcd Posts: 89 Arc User
    Anyone know if the entry to Dawnlight Halls is based on highest level, or currently displayed level?

I understand that cultivation must be chaotic soul and I must be at, or past, twilight sky 1.
  • catgirldesu
    catgirldesu Posts: 993 Arc User
    It appears that you have to be Astral or Shifting Sky I to get the second part of the main quest line "higher education". My Mirage Sky IX alt could not continue but my Shifting Sky II could.​​
  • forbiddenwords
    forbiddenwords Posts: 321 Arc User
    @jamesmcd it's based off your all-time highest level​​
    BfYIUJc.png
    ☆ Pixel ♥ Heart ☆ Etherblade ☆
  • thedoc1212
    edited April 2017
    So is Colosseum still not matchmaking or are people entering personals and not squad? Also, for the matchmaking - is your timer starting at a certain "time stamp" (like something odd 15:00?) If so, I might know what's going on, but would need to confirm it.

The boxes not displaying for title equipping is strange! Drop those in the bug thread and I'll see if we can take a look! I'm wondering if it's just a UI issues but with half the people seeing it and the other half not, that's concerning.

I'll check today with the Dawnlight Crystals to see what's happening with those! That doesn't sound (?) like proper behavior, so drop that into the bug thread anyways to be safe!

For the cultivation - you should get it after you finish the Chronicles. If you're still having issues starting the new cultivation line, let me know what your current cultivation, boundary level and rebirth you are and I'll run a test.

having the problem still- celestial sage, shifting sky 5, rb2. Please note i am a barb and run around in panda form and there is so many thing in this game that glitch do to us being in panda form i wish this could be fixed as well. and i was in panda form when i completed the quest line.
    Post edited by thedoc1212 on
  • capnk
    capnk Posts: 486 Arc User
    thedoc1212 wrote: »
    having the problem still- celestial sage, shifting sky 5, rb2. Please not i am a barb and run around in panda form and there is so many thing in this game that glitch do to us being in panda form i wish this could be fixed as well. and i was in panda form when i completed the quest line.

Get Shifting Sky X and culti will pop.
  • wildz2
    wildz2 Posts: 91 Arc User
    It appears that you have to be Astral or Shifting Sky I to get the second part of the main quest line "higher education". My Mirage Sky IX alt could not continue but my Shifting Sky II could.​​

Astral 7 doesnt have either.
    Probably right with the shifting 1
  • maksim1995
    maksim1995 Posts: 123 Arc User
    wildz2 wrote: »

You need Astral Sky X for 2nd part of the pink quest, it's confirmed.

• thedoc1212
    capnk wrote: »
    having the problem still- celestial sage, shifting sky 5, rb2. Please not i am a barb and run around in panda form and there is so many thing in this game that glitch do to us being in panda form i wish this could be fixed as well. and i was in panda form when i completed the quest line.

Get Shifting Sky X and culti will pop.

I shouldn't have to at all.
  • thedoc1212
    For Glyphs - your first one you can unlock right away in Celestial Vale as a level 1 Character and you can Glyph Town Portal. to unlock two more slots you need Chaotic Soul and to unlock the last 3, you'll need Celestial Saint.

For the New Cultivation - to start Chaotic Soul, you must meet the requirements to access Neverfall and do the questline (which needs at least Mirage Sky I and Rebirth 2). You'll also need to be Celestial Sage or Demon as well. The Chaotic Soul questline will unlock after you finish up to the Chronicles (check your questlog for it if it doesn't prompt you, though it should)

For the patcher fitting issues - The patcher had to be changed due to the initial one they gave us being too vertical. So that one would have had worse fitting issues. This is indeed strange since at the resolutions that we run at, it didn't have these odd display issues. If we have the chance, I might ask to see if we can run some basic resolutions checks.

For installing - I grabbed the patch at around 4:15ish AM this morning and was able to get in game by around 4:35 ish. However I am hardline connected at home and my OS is on an SSD. My experience though is clearly the exception, not the norm. I have seen some people ask about getting actual patch sizes in the future or manual patches. I'm unsure if we can even post manual patches on the forums (and I'd have to ask again why we stopped manual patches), but maybe the patch size might be something easier to acquire and let users know about.

Incase someone missed it the 2nd paragraph is for the culti fyi please stop saying you need shifting 10 or higher.
  • wildz2
    wildz2 Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    For Glyphs - your first one you can unlock right away in Celestial Vale as a level 1 Character and you can Glyph Town Portal. to unlock two more slots you need Chaotic Soul and to unlock the last 3, you'll need Celestial Saint.

For the New Cultivation - to start Chaotic Soul, you must meet the requirements to access Neverfall and do the questline (which needs at least Mirage Sky I and Rebirth 2). You'll also need to be Celestial Sage or Demon as well. The Chaotic Soul questline will unlock after you finish up to the Chronicles (check your questlog for it if it doesn't prompt you, though it should)

For the patcher fitting issues - The patcher had to be changed due to the initial one they gave us being too vertical. So that one would have had worse fitting issues. This is indeed strange since at the resolutions that we run at, it didn't have these odd display issues. If we have the chance, I might ask to see if we can run some basic resolutions checks.

For installing - I grabbed the patch at around 4:15ish AM this morning and was able to get in game by around 4:35 ish. However I am hardline connected at home and my OS is on an SSD. My experience though is clearly the exception, not the norm. I have seen some people ask about getting actual patch sizes in the future or manual patches. I'm unsure if we can even post manual patches on the forums (and I'd have to ask again why we stopped manual patches), but maybe the patch size might be something easier to acquire and let users know about.

Incase someone missed it the 2nd paragraph is for the culti fyi please stop saying you need shifting 10 or higher.

fyi, the 2nd paragraph is just wrong.
    Mistakes happen.
    It is shifting 10.
    Post edited by wildz2 on
  • catgirldesu
    maksim1995 wrote: »
    wildz2 wrote: »
    It appears that you have to be Astral or Shifting Sky I to get the second part of the main quest line "higher education". My Mirage Sky IX alt could not continue but my Shifting Sky II could.

You need Astral Sky X for 2nd part of the pink quest, it's confirmed.

Thanks, it's good to know.

Regarding Chaotic Soul Cultivation... I'm hearing some people under Shifting Sky X got it?
    Does it have a level requirement? Seeing as Dawnlight Halls requires level 103...
    ​​
  • eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    My toon is shifting 2, he has been able to quest in neverfall but NOT the culti. Shifting ten seems to be correct.
  • mars19
    mars19 Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    Chinese patch notes says Chaotic Soul need 100 rb2 and Shifting sky 10.
    Celestial Saint need 3rd map stage(or completed 3rd stage?idk) 103 rb2 and Twilight sky 6.
  • catgirldesu
    mars19 wrote: »
    Celestial Saint need 3rd map stage(or completed 3rd stage?idk) 103 rb2 and Twilight sky 6.

Thanks!​​
  • greenfire312
    greenfire312 Posts: 269 Arc User
    @kalystconquerer#0876 - Starting with the simple question up front: Would it be possible to talk to the devs about new ways to handle the massive amount of spirit required to learn the new skills?

I have about 80mil spirit on both my mains at the moment, both approaching their first 103. Obviously grinding various exp methods would also help with spirit, but the final asmount required (500mil) is massive and from where I'm sitting it seems to dwarf all the other things people complain about having to grind for. Having played for 8 years and obviously in no hurry to gain exp, I'd hate to have to turn this otherwise enjoyable game into a constant AEU grind just to complete the new expansion's primary content.

That is if AEU even gives spirit? I do it so rarely, I forget... but this brings me to my next point. All Primal and Neverfall dailies, as well as Bounty Hunters, lack any kind of spirit reward (except for BH2 spirit pills which, let's be honest, are tiny by comparison). Why was this done? Perhaps the devs assumed - like most of us - that spirit was relatively useless up until now? If so, at the very least it would be prudent to add spirit rewards back into these dailies.

Finally, regarding the previous "uselessness of spirit" issue - I know I can't be the only one who raised the odd genie or two on the reasonable assumption that we would never need such a massive cache of spirit on-hand. Some people no doubt made a side business of converting what spirit they had into sellable genies, so they're in an even worse position than myself. You could argue that they shouldn't have spent the spirit, but should they have been expected to predict this? Hell, I'm familiar with the hoarder's mindset. I've got about a hundred Monthly Dungeon Race Qualifiers in my bank, which are currently useless, but if the devs for whatever insane reason ever make them necessary for some future piece of content, then everybody but me would be up a creek without a paddle, wouldn't they? We can't be expected to predict the future like that.

Anyone else care to share thoughts/experiences on the new spirit requirements?
    Mains: Miugre / LigerKing
    Etherblade server
  • asterelle
    asterelle Posts: 861 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    @greenfire312 Hector has some items that gives you a bounty quest to kill the final boss in Dawnlight Halls. One of the options is an SP item that gives 30million spirit. That would be 45million with an ancient gift I suppose.​​
  • capnk
    capnk Posts: 486 Arc User
    mars19 wrote: »

You're the real MVP!
  • greenfire312
    asterelle wrote: »
    @greenfire312 Hector has some items that gives you a bounty quest to kill the final boss in Dawnlight Halls. One of the options is an SP item that gives 30million spirit. That would be 45million with an ancient gift I suppose.​​
    Ah, is that how much it gives? Thanks for the info. That might definitely be a viable source, but it might depend on gear. Specifically, do you know how bad Dawnlight is compared to, say, JFSP or UP? I admittedly have not been keeping up with the expansion thread. Is the final boss worse than that version you meet in the Neverfall chain quest, or is it similar?

Either way, I maintain that as long as spirit continues to be relevant in any way, shape or form, the recent daily quests should have spirit rewards in them as everything else does.
    Etherblade server
  • pahnik
    pahnik Posts: 10 Arc User
    @kalystconquerer Will there be a update soon for the Blessing of celestial vale and warfront supply, Cause i was told by a gm to sell all the items, and i did, when should i exepect to get those back?
  • greenfire312
    pahnik wrote: »
    @kalystconquerer Will there be a update soon for the Blessing of celestial vale and warfront supply, Cause i was told by a gm to sell all the items, and i did, when should i exepect to get those back?
    Why would a GM tell you to sell the code items? Are you sure it was a GM? Sounds like you might have been tricked there... but if it really was a GM, I'd send a ticket. o.O
    Etherblade server