Ask A Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer : Neverfall

Comments

• ninuveno
    ninuveno Posts: 3 Arc User
    So with Neverfall the "old" BH rewards were lowered (at least chips and mirages). Could we get the statistics on this? Like what exactly the rewards are now and what are the probability % of getting them?
  • ykc
    ykc Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    @kalystconquerer#0876 You could take all the important questions/answers and pass it to 1st one to avoid duplicate.
  • coinsrus
    coinsrus Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    Those who are not able to continue the culti, try boarding into the boat in dreamweaver. The boat will take you to heavenfall. There you will get some quest from the npc when you land.

Even with questchain done and (announced) requirements met, the cultivation is not available for some people.
  • grace83shin
    grace83shin Posts: 55 Arc User
    I can confirm that for some reason when I reached Shifting ky X I was able to do the cultivation.
    Stormbringer Thaumaturg of Tideswell
    102/101/101 Chaotic Soul
    One lightning bolt at a time baby!
  • greenfire312
    greenfire312 Posts: 269 Arc User
    @kalystconquerer#0876 - Is there any chance you could ask the devs to reduce the absolutely absurd fee for getting a replacement glyph slot unlocker? My barb glitched somehow and didn't get the item at first, then when he took the NPC's last remaining quest, two of them appeared and I lost 10mil.

I mean, fees for replacement quest items are commonplace in PWI, but in most cases they are far more reasonable - contrast it with the Neverfall Ticket item, for example, which only costs 1k. Why couldn't the glyph slot item also cost 1k? You can't trade it, so there seems to be no point to the 10mil charge except to heavily penalize people who were lagging or otherwise glitched in some way. Seriously considering putting in a ticket about this.

For the people who are having culti troubles... not sure if this will help at all but here's how it went for me. My barb got the culti immediately after the Grape Valley questline (at Twilight Sky I), but my archer was Shifting Sky IX at that point. I was doing that with my wife's cleric, who was also Shifting IX but slightly ahead of me. Further on in the chain, she hit Shifting X and immediately got the popup, but we ran out of quests before I got it. I went to primal, did some dailies and hit Shifting X, but I had to go back into Neverfall to trigger the popup.
    Mains: Miugre / LigerKing
    Etherblade server
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    kalystconquerer#0876 Posts: 1,421 Perfect World Employee
    I'll start compiling some of the questions into the OP to avoid duplicates - except for some repeat issues I've been seeing (like some of the cultivation quest issues and the Dawnlight Halls issues for example).

CN should be able to fix the title issue with the TW one and they're looking into Dawnlight Halls.

@grace83shin That is really bizarre. I got the quest pop up for my cultivation immediately after I took my Chronicle reward items. Of course you had the usual - no full questlist, did your cultivation line properly etc.? I'm Twilight Sky 8 and got the pop up immediately, though I was hearing people in Twilight Sky I+ we're getting it either. Did any server error messages pop up that you can remember? If all else fails, check with your specific cultivation's NPCs (for Sage or Demon) inside their respective areas and see if you can pick up the questline from them manually. The questline not auto popping shouldn't stop you from getting the actual quest itself, keeping in mind that you finished at least to Chronicle.
  • coinsrus
    coinsrus Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    Tested on 7 toons this week-end.

Same exact patterns.
    Different boundary levels, different results wich can be associated to these.

Can pretty much confirm the shifting sky X required.
  • ronnie4boys
    ronnie4boys Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    For Glyphs - your first one you can unlock right away in Celestial Vale as a level 1 Character and you can Glyph Town Portal. to unlock two more slots you need Chaotic Soul and to unlock the last 3, you'll need Celestial Saint.

* ok about the Glyph' Master
    It does not clearly state exactly what you are doing,
    you go pick up the quest... do it its easy, you get a stone and a glyph
    But the NPC seems to have another quest
    So you click & read .... it does not clearly instruct you what you are doing
    except that its at a cost of 10Mill coin
    I have heard many many ppl
    believing its part of the quest chain
    this is including myself
    - spent the 10 Mill
    - I thought it was another part of the quest line...
    only to end up with a useless Glyph first stone
    not even account stash able... :'(
    - now I am low 10 Mill
    I'd like to see this fixed its really unexpected that pwi would charge so much at an NPC ?
    for something obtained through an easy quest

PWI should look into this figure a way of fixing it.
    * I wouldn't mind a refund?
    Post edited by ronnie4boys on
    JhXqBpv.jpg

• greenfire312
    ok about the Glyph' Master
    It does not clearly state exactly what you are doing,
    you go pick up the quest... do it its easy, you get a stone and a glyph
    But the NPC seems to have another quest
    So you click & read .... it does not clearly instruct you what you are doing
    except that its at a cost of 10Mill coin
    I have heard many many ppl
    believing its part of the quest chain
    this is including myself
    - spent the 10 Mill
    only to end up with a useless Glyph first stone
    not even account stash able... :'(
    - now I am low 10 Mill
    I'd like to see this fixed its really unexpected that pwi would charge so much at an NPC ?
    for something obtained through an easy quest

PWI should look into this figure a way of fixing it.
    * I wouldn't mind a refund?
    So I'm not the only one with this. @kalystconquerer#0876 any thoughts on why such an unreasonable fee exists? Again, in my case I didn't even see the glyph unlocker until I took the quest, at which point I ended up with two (I can only assume due to lag).
    Etherblade server
  • bbypebble
    bbypebble Posts: 8 Arc User
    @kalystconquerer#0876 Just informing you that when I dc'd during the new daily quest in Neverfall I completely lost the quest. I'm not sure if this is supposed to happen(since it doesn't happen with primal quests) during a disconnection.
  • athrinbal
    athrinbal Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    Couple questions:
    -When do Dawnlight Hall feathers reset?
    -Are we supposed to only have access to one path currently? If so, do new paths open up as map completes?
    -Are Deicide and Judgement mode paths working in the instance?
    pps.
    I'm Also assuming since map hasn't completed we have no access to the final boss Natya Veda, which is a shame since we get it as a daily
  • ronnie4boys
    ronnie4boys Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    I am not sure if this Helps but I wrote a ticket to PWI 10 mill isn't a small amount of coin

Response By Email (Zakarie) (04/18/2017 06:48 PM)
    Hello,
    Thank you for contacting us about the Merciful Glyph Stone.

I totally understand your concern and I would feel the same if that ever happens to me. Since it does not clearly state if you need the item, I do highly advise that you post this via the Q/A portion for Neverfall:

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/pwi#/discussion/1206951/ask-a-simple-question-get-a-simple-answer-neverfall/p1

<3If you wish for a possible refund of the said item, please sell this and reply back back with the time/date when you actually sold it.
    Please let us know if you have any further questions or concern.

Regards,
    Zakarie
    Game Master
    Perfect World Entertainment
    2017%2004%2017%20glyph%20error%20ticket%202_zpsugwma6pc.jpg

JhXqBpv.jpg

• greenfire312
    @ronnie4boys - Thanks very much for submitting the ticket I didn't get around to submitting the other night. :D
    I think I will follow Zakarie's requested method myself and send in the resulting screenshots.
    Etherblade server
  • hmmmmedic
    hmmmmedic Posts: 41 Arc User
    Ok so I was able to learn all but Soothing Pulse Neverfall skill. Is it glitched?? I have the coin and the spirit and the culti required so can you tell me why I can't learn it?
  • valdisman
    valdisman Posts: 568 Arc User
    It' your own fault Noght for not reading the npc chats and clicking too fast. Plus it is a green quest, not a pink or gold chain icon above it to indicate it is part of any chain.
    The NPC also closes the chat box before you need to chat again and pay the fee. You messed up and you're asking PWI to fix it for you.

@kalystconquerer#0876 Any news on when title screens and other little bugs will be fixed or is it a case of currently accumulating more bugs, if there is any, and then doing a big fix all at once in the future. None of them personally impact me in a way of affecting my gameplay, I'm just curious.
    #kylehawkinsuck
    Moonshine drinker
    In a world of 10s, be an 11.
  • splendideyes
    splendideyes Posts: 328 Arc User
    has anyone actually tried to craft the knight or royal badges? it mentions a trial we have to complete and there is a chance to fail.
  • xxthimotyxx#8171
    xxthimotyxx#8171 Posts: 2 Arc User
    has anyone actually tried to craft the knight or royal badges? it mentions a trial we have to complete and there is a chance to fail.

Yes I did test that and it's just item you right click if you success you get knight/royal badge, if you fail you get half what you used. no worries you don't need to study to any exam
  • greenfire312
    valdisman wrote: »
    It' your own fault Noght for not reading the npc chats and clicking too fast. Plus it is a green quest, not a pink or gold chain icon above it to indicate it is part of any chain.
    The NPC also closes the chat box before you need to chat again and pay the fee. You messed up and you're asking PWI to fix it for you.
    I believe when it happened to me it was auto-completed once taken - unless you happen to have paid the 10mil yourself and can confirm otherwise?

In my case, I didn't even see the item in my bag in the first place. When I took the 10mil quest two of them appeared, which I suppose I can chalk up to lag.

But even if this can be pinned entirely on the player, why 10mil? What earthly reason could there be for such a steep penalty? We've had plenty of other cases of replacement quest items, but never anything this steep. If you lost your Neverfall Ticket, for example, it costs 1k to replace. You can't trade the glyph unlocker, and it has no purpose once the slot is open, so you can't benefit from the spare. There's really no justification for this kind of penalty.
    Etherblade server
  • valdisman
    No I didn't buy it. I had clicked fast too and the 10,000,000 in the cat box caught my eye as I clicked yes. I just then trashed the quest and took it again and read that its to re purchase a glyph gem.

@kalystconquerer#0876 NEW DAILY. After all that new chain and doing the new daily, I had the werewolves to kill and completed it super easily. People are now going there and seeing Vampire mobs instead. Is this a daily that can only be done at a certain server time ie night server time?
    #kylehawkinsuck
    Moonshine drinker
  • beast21g
    beast21g Posts: 631 Arc User
    No I didn't buy it. I had clicked fast too and the 10,000,000 in the cat box caught my eye as I clicked yes. I just then trashed the quest and took it again and read that its to re purchase a glyph gem.

@kalystconquerer#0876 NEW DAILY. After all that new chain and doing the new daily, I had the werewolves to kill and completed it super easily. People are now going there and seeing Vampire mobs instead. Is this a daily that can only be done at a certain server time ie night server time?

you get some pills to reveal the mobs, probably is between werewolves and vampires random just the other one daily
  • keihan007#7641
    keihan007#7641 Posts: 1,190 Arc User
    beast21g wrote: »

you get some pills to reveal the mobs, probably is between werewolves and vampires random just the other one daily

As far as I understand, you can only find the werewolves during day time. I know I did them for pink quest during day with the item but now there is bunch of vampires roaming around the town on night time. Unless its random somehow. Either way I can see this quest being super annoying with long wait times for right mobs to appear as right now there are no werewolves out there.
    BlackList vs Frenzied 3/17

https://youtu.be/RkkWkigYd3k
  • beast21g
    saxroll wrote: »

As far as I understand, you can only find the werewolves during day time. I know I did them for pink quest during day with the item but now there is bunch of vampires roaming around the town on night time. Unless its random somehow. Either way I can see this quest being super annoying with long wait times for right mobs to appear as right now there are no werewolves out there.

if you move to the next group of houses you can find vampires, at there were there when i was doing the chain quest
  • valdisman

if you move to the next group of houses you can find vampires, at there were there when i was doing the chain quest

When I did the chain and daily there were only Werewolves. I was able to tab and attack them for the kill count without using the fires in my inventory. When wife got to that point around an hour later, there is only Vampires and Zombies etc. This is why I wondered if it was timed.
    #kylehawkinsuck
    Moonshine drinker
  • beast21g

When I did the chain and daily there were only Werewolves. I was able to tab and attack them for the kill count without using the fires in my inventory. When wife got to that point around an hour later, there is only Vampires and Zombies etc. This is why I wondered if it was timed.

for the chain is diferent, for the daily you use the fires
  • valdisman
    I didn't use any fires for the daily.. I still have 15 in my bag.
    #kylehawkinsuck
    Moonshine drinker
  • keihan007#7641
    keihan007#7641 Posts: 1,190 Arc User
    I didn't use any fires for the daily.. I still have 15 in my bag.

Thats because you are a sin and have stealth detection passive. For most of the classes, they have to use some kind of stealth detection pot to see said werewolves.
    BlackList vs Frenzied 3/17

https://youtu.be/RkkWkigYd3k
  • antonio0590
    antonio0590 Posts: 144 Arc User
    coWuyWY.jpg

This is mine. If I select All or Obtained in the top right box, the grid stays the same.

I found a fix for this (kinda). Go to system setting and uncheck UI size. apply and the check boxes should show up in title window.
    You can change it back and they will still be there. dont know if it will stay after relog though.
  • valdisman
    Well no Werewolves here today after picking up the quest. How often does it switch between night and day?

Also why are Vampires out during the day when they are affected by sunlight?
    #kylehawkinsuck
    Moonshine drinker
  • valdisman
    edited April 2017
    coWuyWY.jpg

This is mine. If I select All or Obtained in the top right box, the grid stays the same.

I found a fix for this (kinda). Go to system setting and uncheck UI size. apply and the check boxes should show up in title window.
    You can change it back and they will still be there. dont know if it will stay after relog though.

This worked thanks. But now I cant see anything but skill bars and world chat spam hahaha

This also fixes the Glyph screen. I have noticed I can now see 2 extra colored glyph stones instead of the 3 I have always had. Only now I have to check the UI Size again so to minimize everything again.

Thanks.
    #kylehawkinsuck
    Moonshine drinker
  • forbiddenwords
    forbiddenwords Posts: 321 Arc User
    Well no Werewolves here today after picking up the quest. How often does it switch between night and day?

Also why are Vampires out during the day when they are affected by sunlight?

I think werewolves are supposed to spawn only during the day, and vampires during the night. For the werewolves i used a normal stealth detection pot to be able to see them (it was sometime during 8:00-17:00 in-game time). The vampires spawned after 18:00 if i recall right. I had to wait around 1-2 hours, hope this helps
    ​​
    BfYIUJc.png
    ☆ Pixel ♥ Heart ☆ Etherblade ☆