Scheduled Server Maintenance [4/04/2017 - 11 PM PST]

Options
kalystconquerer#0876
kalystconquerer#0876 Posts: 1,421 Perfect World Employee
Good evening PWI players!

We will be having our regular server maintenance tonight at 11pm PST. Tonight's maintenance will have no patch-restart only! Tonight the Territory Wars Maps will be reset, so this may impact maintenance times.

*Tentative Duration*

Maintenance is expected to last approximately 4 hours, so during that time you will not be able to access the live servers.
*Maintenance times are tentative and are subject to change at any time. Actual end times will vary depending on the progress of the maintenance.

Thank you for your patience and we apologize for the inconvenience.

- The PWI Crew

Tonight's Maintenance Question : April 12th?

Comments

• evan1987
    evan1987 Posts: 4 Arc User
    Options
    Nah, how about.. tonight? n.n
    b:victory
  • baambaammm
    baambaammm Posts: 19 Arc User
    Options
    hope theres a pack sale/boutique item changes.. cuz no one wants to buy gold anymore. pls "i want my Kestra"​​
  • ravenyoss123
    ravenyoss123 Posts: 29 Arc User
    Options
    The sooner the better, the anticipation is killing me.
  • capnk
    capnk Posts: 486 Arc User
    Options
    Damnit you were supposed to release the expansion tonight.
  • malllliii
    malllliii Posts: 137 Arc User
    Options
    ~rubs crystal ball~ Update coming on the 19th
    RyJfkQI.png
    Youtube Channel
    "A demon's only path to joy is through suffering"
    BigBlackClock 105x3 Assassin
  • eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    Options
    Gonna be April 12 2020 just to trigger everyone​​
  • torquoisegamer
    torquoisegamer Posts: 96 Arc User
    Options
    April 12? Is that the day of expansion, I wonder?
    My mains:

TorquoiseBlu 103 | 103 | 103 Twilight Sky VIII psychic
    MidnighteBlu 103 | 103 | 103 Twilight Sky VIII duskblade
  • torquoisegamer
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Why hasn't maint countdown started for Ether server? *confused*
    My mains:

• scollins3178
    scollins3178 Posts: 24 Arc User
    Options
    so are having maint tonight or not?
  • bossz
    bossz Posts: 3 Arc User
    Options
    Tonight's Maintenance Question : April 12th?

You must be an Aries, kalystconquerer?

I've played this crazy game since 2009
    "Whatever you lose, you'll find it again. But what you throw away you'll never get back."
  • gluteus
    gluteus Posts: 32 Arc User
    Options
    Thank you for starting maintenance a little late today, I got all my dailies done woohoo. April 12th, humm I wonder what that could be for lol cool
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,806 Community Moderator
    Options
    April 12 is the 102nd day of the year (103rd in leap years) in the Gregorian calendar. There are 263 days remaining until the end of the year.

That's rather short notice really... To try get a day off...

Tho wonder how many days till snowman...
  • valdisman
    valdisman Posts: 568 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    Options
    RIP to free to play players hoping to get the gear upgrades in this expansion. Need to get materials from the PvP side which will be rolled by the cash players (not surprised its a cash player based expansion tbh as that's the way this game has been for a while now. Was hoping they would change that aspect of it on our version).

Nothing on this expansion is really exciting.. I don't think anyone has even completed the HS weapons yet (At least not on ET) and PWI already rushing to release more cash based upgrades and expansions.
    #kylehawkinsuck
    Moonshine drinker
    In a world of 10s, be an 11.
  • ironpwner
    ironpwner Posts: 94 Arc User
    Options
    valdisman wrote: »
    RIP to free to play players hoping to get the gear upgrades in this expansion. Need to get materials from the PvP side which will be rolled by the cash players (not surprised its a cash player based expansion tbh as that's the way this game has been for a while now. Was hoping they would change that aspect of it on our version).

Nothing on this expansion is really exciting.. I don't think anyone has even completed the HS weapons yet (At least not on ET) and PWI already rushing to release more cash based upgrades and expansions.

What bothers me is (tho I don't know if I misunderstood it) that we have to pay to participate in the arena (?)... Or can we still get a shot if we use a random matchmaking option? It says "There are two team types - 3v3 and 6v6. 3v3 Squad costs 30mil to register and a 6v6 Quad costs 50mil to register." on the news post xD.
    War. War never changes. Memento mori
  • valdisman
    edited April 2017
    Options
    @ironpwner Yeah you need to pay for your squad to be entered. Once you're in that squad, you cant go in with another until its reset.
    #kylehawkinsuck
    Moonshine drinker
  • sonsofanarchy
    sonsofanarchy Posts: 13 Arc User
    Options
    valdisman wrote: »

It's just another nail in the coffin for the average player who doesn't/can't/won't CS. There is no real progression in this game once you hit G16 for the non cs player which is prob about 90% of the playerbase. It's no doubt the main reason the game has a stumbling block in attracting new players too. Can't blame age, a certain Icelandic space sim game is 12 years old and still attracting new players.

Easy way to fix/stop/slow the rot, cap gold at 1.5m and increase coin drop for quests/kills. It's pretty tough for rising players/non cs players to generate 4m just playing the game (questing, pve etc) even running instances are poor income generators unless in 2x but 1.5m would be far easier to achieve even at current coin drop levels which means more people can buy gold to progress to r9, gold sellers sell more gold. Win Win
  • catgirldesu
    catgirldesu Posts: 993 Arc User
    Options
    People will probably just sell gold in world chat. Very few would use the AH to sell gold at 1.5mil when they can get 4mil+. We already have that happening with people selling gold in world chat because many don't want to wait days/weeks for the AH.​​
  • sonsofanarchy
    sonsofanarchy Posts: 13 Arc User
    Options
    People will probably just sell gold in world chat. Very few would use the AH to sell gold at 1.5mil when they can get 4mil+. We already have that happening with people selling gold in world chat because many don't want to wait days/weeks for the AH.​​
    Yeah true that. Make r9 mats (more) farmable? Bind boutique items? >:) increase the coin in the game so people can generate the 4m to buy the gold :/ Everything that's been done to the game in the past few years has made it more difficult to generate any decent amount of coin which is counter-productive.

The game has become deadly dull, relentless crappy dailies, instances not worth running, the only thing worth doing is NW
  • valdisman
    Options
    NW can be a good way to make coin depending on your credits and what place nation you finish. Sometimes It's not even worth the charms you use. However with the server merges a lot of EU people are stuck with the US timezone so simply can't or won't wake up at 3/4/5am to attend. If they do attend and they are g16, they are most likely going to get facerolled anyway by the cash players.

There is no farming element to PWI anymore. They say things can be farmed but its almost 20x longer, if not more, than if you simply buy it. That makes no sense for a business to focus on the free players when your target market is to make money ie the cash players. Its why other MMORPGS are so successful as if you cant spend, you can farm to get to the cash player item/gear in a suitable amount of time which maintains balance across the board.

My example of the HS weapons. No one even has farmed the Offense/Defense versions of it yet. In my opinion, those weapons and the amount of items / time needed to get them is the most stupid update they have ever done. The fact they are releasing even more upgrades before the previous one have been done by people just proves it was a stupid idea.
    #kylehawkinsuck
    Moonshine drinker
  • catgirldesu
    Options
    People will probably just sell gold in world chat. Very few would use the AH to sell gold at 1.5mil when they can get 4mil+. We already have that happening with people selling gold in world chat because many don't want to wait days/weeks for the AH.
    Yeah true that. Make r9 mats (more) farmable? Bind boutique items? >:) increase the coin in the game so people can generate the 4m to buy the gold :/ Everything that's been done to the game in the past few years has made it more difficult to generate any decent amount of coin which is counter-productive.

The game has become deadly dull, relentless crappy dailies, instances not worth running, the only thing worth doing is NW

Unfortunately, fixing the game's economy is not as easy as letting people generate more coins.
    When auto-cultivation was first introduced, people botted and farmed level 90+ DQ drops like crazy on PvE servers. People suddenly had a lot of coins and everyone was buying gold, which resulted in gold and boutique item prices skyrocketing. It was so bad that Creation Stones from the Faction Base were cheaper than (or had the same price as) regular Vit.Stones from packs.

What we need is more valuable items that can't be bought in the boutique so that cash shoppers will want to sell their gold. The best armor is bought from the boutique, the best dragon orbs are from the boutique etc. It makes people want to buy gold and gives few reasons for cash shoppers to convert their gold to coins.

A big problem is that China insists on making instances require keys or have a daily quest. PWI is also missing part of the game content PWCN has and China refuses to make modifications to our servers based on the needs of the PWI player base. Time and again they have shown the inability to understand that PWCN =/= PWI.

​​
  • cococya
    cococya Posts: 162 Arc User
    Options
    I have just read the news post.
    It's extremely unfortunate they decided to introduce not only a weekly limit, but also a huge fee to participate.
    I hope @kalystconquerer will be following how the implementation goes and how active it will prove to be very carefully, because, as we all know, when lunar was a bh before EoD/EoO were introduced, no one in their right mind would run that instance and it was unused, obsolete content, and the fee was much, much lower than what they're introducing now.
    Not to mention, you are not guaranteed a good outcome, so your contribution may be low and the fee wasted, and, by the looks of things, people will need to run it multiple times in order to be able to buy the more useful stuff with the currency.
    I suspect, at first, a few elite cash shoppers will want to show how awesome they are and will try running it, but with little competition, I'm sure they'll most likely abandon it or set up alt squads to face against to be sure they'll win and get best gear.
    DeffyNature
  • torquoisegamer
    edited April 2017
    Options
    increase the coin in the game so people can generate the 4m to buy the gold :/
    Increasing the coin earned would only increase supply of coin, driving price of gold up. When supply increases of the item you're buying another item for, quantity demanded of the item which doesn't have increased supply also increases, driving up the price. In other words, increasing ease of coin would only serve to increase inflation.
    Everything that's been done to the game in the past few years has made it more difficult to generate any decent amount of coin which is counter-productive.
    Yes, because we've had rampant inflation until recently. And they finally fixed it, both by increasing supply of gold through Star Levels and through decreasing supply of coin.
    My mains:

• kalystconquerer#0876
    Options
    The fee is only applied weekly, and while it is practically 24/7, I'm not sure if I mentioned it but there is a small downtime every week in which the rankings are calculated out. Also, the system should avoid pairing you with "OP squads" as they climb up the ranks, due to the way the pairing system works (you can't be matched with the same people twice in a given week.) and the ranking gap (which will only match you with certain people)

@catgirldesu Which features were we missing from CN that you're mentioning? While we have some version specific changes done and features purposely removed, which features specifically are ones you expected here but were not (outside of features that always come out between when their expansion launches and when ours do)?

Was out yesterday, so I forgot to unsticky this topic. Feel free to continue discussion!
  • catgirldesu
    Options
    @kalystconquerer#0876 Missing is not necessarily the right word as some features are simply disabled. An example is the cross-server Thursday Night Fights. You did explain that China wants "seasons", but PWI players would rather see the top tier rewards removed (I recall Crown of Madness was the issue) and allow them an extra chance at farming Zenith Skulls. The regular TNF was missing for us for months which caused issues like blood farming taking ridiculously long, but your efforts of giving us more ways of getting blood are truly appreciated.

I believe there are a couple more things like a War Avatar roulette? I think this feature exists in our client but it's disabled as well. They also have an NPC for account buying-selling and to my understanding Wanmei takes a % of the money used for buying-selling. Account selling is against the ToS in PWI, but our servers would greatly benefit from making account selling possible and of course PWE would get to place a fee and make some profit out of it. Some people would like to change class or server but starting from zero is too hard. Incidentally, it could help with the issue of server-transferring being unavailable and ex-Harshlands players being stuck in the EU server - Dawnglory.

A few other examples would be how small our player base is compared to China, therefore having restrictions to some farming instances (requiring keys) or really low drop rates (Zenith Skulls) kinda sucks. Though, once again, your efforts of giving us more ways of getting skulls are appreciated. We don't want things handed to us on a silver platter, but we shouldn't need like 10 years to farm something. monkey-2.gif

Well, do take this with a grain of salt. This is just my opinion/perspective.
    ​​
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    Options
    Hmmm is the Trade Platform Agent and item meant for account buying? I was under the impression that it only sold bound items through a website that would allow you to sell items normally not able to be traded to another person....but then again, navigating sites and functions in Google translate isn't exactly the best way to go about it. It probably did items and accounts. For that reason alone (needing a website configured to handle all these transactions) we probably won't see something like this in PWI, among other reasons.

The issue of Harshlands players still being stuck on EU times is something I try not to speak at length on, since I don't want to set up any unrealistic expectations. I wish I could speak more on it but until I do my own legwork regarding it, I can't speak much about it.

The War Avatar Roulette was embedded into the Cash Shop and to my understanding was disabled...but the reason was never mentioned anywhere. I could ask CN about why this feature was nixed from our version and what harm, in any, is there to have it in ours. Chances are they might not even know or don't remember and we could end up seeing it in ours, who knows.

Because of the smaller population they want even less of an item going out (Such as Crown of Madness), though Zenith Skulls is definitely something that needs some work. I wouldn't be surprised if, in the next content update, they introduce another tournament structure to get Skulls reliably or an exchange in a new area that will allow you an alternative method to farm them. Contests are a start, but I'll be looking into PvP Tournaments (manually hosted and in-game ran) as more direct ways to address it in the meantime.