BUYING AND SELLING OF ACCOUNTS.

2»

Comments

• storm#4377
    storm#4377 Posts: 25 Arc User
    I am sure I am against the popular opinion here but I could really care less if people buy and sell accounts. PWI could actually profit off this. Other games I have played you can transfer a character from one account to another but there was a large transfer fee involved. Both the buyer and seller retain their account, just the character gets transferred from one account to another (after proper verification of account ownership first of course). That other game was a healthy game and no issues arose from this. Legalize it and tax it!
  • greenfire312
    greenfire312 Posts: 269 Arc User
    pwicat22 wrote: »
    I am sure I am against the popular opinion here but I could really care less if people buy and sell accounts. PWI could actually profit off this. Other games I have played you can transfer a character from one account to another but there was a large transfer fee involved. Both the buyer and seller retain their account, just the character gets transferred from one account to another (after proper verification of account ownership first of course). That other game was a healthy game and no issues arose from this. Legalize it and tax it!
    The best argument I can see against buying/selling accounts is that it would encourage people to simply buy fully-formed characters without playing the game. But let's be honest, that ship sailed the moment Illusionary Crystals first appeared in the cash shop, if not before.

Rather, the most likely reason against buying/selling accounts is that PWE - sadly - makes far more money off of R9 than anything else, and every R9 character sold between players rather than just abandoned is one fewer character for whom R9 is "needed" (lol). So you're never going to see this happen unless these theoretical PWE-sanctioned sales do not include the transfer of gear, or at least R9 gear, which I imagine would defeat the purpose for many buyers.
    Mains: Miugre / LigerKing
    Etherblade server
  • rockafella#8523
    rockafella#8523 Posts: 30 Arc User
    then maybe a change in the game system is needed, lets face it. one of the biggest reasons why the game is slowly dying in numbers is because people are tired of the big cash spending side of the game. before anyone say "you dont have to cash shop" you kinda do. or the game will be boring and you'd be stuck with very low gear for a long time farming jolly daily to get better gear?. will take maybe a good year+ on like 5 toons, for any new player who dont cash shop and just grind.. secondly each new thing pwi bring to the game is mostly for cashers... even the minion battles in homestead, which yes you can just go in there and try killing other's minions but they added this pay to get a head system to it which i dont get why.. if you made a new toon in a month or 2 and tried fighting anyone's minion in there you'd lose over and over.. so even that isn't balanced in the way i believe it should be. not to change the topic on yall but if we discussing gameplay and how this game can get better i strongly believe they should make it 50/50. not 10/90 and by that i mean give the choice of cashing but also give the choice of grinding ( any new player to the game is basically stuck at a point if they dont cash)<- is why we dont see much new players anymore..
  • rockafella#8523
    hmm weird. cannot post anything, says when msg is approved it'll then show up on here.. lol never gotten that before. weird
  • phantomforce#4598
    phantomforce#4598 Posts: 397 Community Moderator
    edited April 2017
    hmm weird. cannot post anything, says when msg is approved it'll then show up on here.. lol never gotten that before. weird

That's the spam filter. It happens to accounts that have not posted much. Especially if you put web links into the post. I'll go check it.

Yesirreee! Pulled it out, and now your post is on top of your post I quoted.​​
  • steelangel101
    steelangel101 Posts: 11 Arc User
    My R93+12 Account was banned because i quit playing for awhile moved to a different state, forgot my bank pin so tried to get it reset, and they said they had evidence i was account sharing because of multiple ips. Lost 3k dollars because i took a long break and forgot my bank pin.
  • rockafella#8523

That's the spam filter. It happens to accounts that have not posted much. Especially if you put web links into the post. I'll go check it.

Yesirreee! Pulled it out, and now your post is on top of your post I quoted.​​

ahhh ok :o but dont think i put a link in that post though, or maybe was by mistake anyways thats a cool system haha
  • sin20
    sin20 Posts: 237 Arc User
    My R93+12 Account was banned because i quit playing for awhile moved to a different state, forgot my bank pin so tried to get it reset, and they said they had evidence i was account sharing because of multiple ips. Lost 3k dollars because i took a long break and forgot my bank pin.

chargeback everything from your credit card company\bank
    it's easy call them, you never received goods\you don't recognize the charge\you also report them for fraud

few more ppl doing this and might happen that PWE DNS gets obscured\blacklisted in some countries
    besides the fact that Paypal could start question the legitimacy of PWE affairs and lock their account :D​​
    Rofl wtf why u got jailed now xD

Sad part is we all know this should be made legit option and that PWE could profit from this massively but its not gonna happen.
  • dregenfox
    dregenfox Posts: 713 Arc User
    I think this option would be pretty bad for the game as far as variety goes. Duskblade/sin accounts would go for a premium while other classes would sell for cheaper, since db/sins are the two classes that can easily achieve 75%+ win rates in new arena system. This would only push the game more towards DB/Sin focus instead of the decent variety we have now.

Then again I guess PWI ends up winning either way if people sell their acc's at a loss to remake classes.
  • rockafella#8523
    dregenfox wrote: »
    I think this option would be pretty bad for the game as far as variety goes. Duskblade/sin accounts would go for a premium while other classes would sell for cheaper, since db/sins are the two classes that can easily achieve 75%+ win rates in new arena system. This would only push the game more towards DB/Sin focus instead of the decent variety we have now.

Then again I guess PWI ends up winning either way if people sell their acc's at a loss to remake classes.

that's only half the truth, though i agree sin/db will sell more than other classes. that wont be something perma. i'm sure it'll change sooner or later. dont get me wrong but in caves like UP mostly every class plays a different roll. and it's like that in most new caves pwi bring. a mystic is as important to an UP squad as a tank. etc etc. so pve wise thats not true but pvp yes it's 100% true. but it's all a changing matter too since everyone will be wanting to buy different classes, like atm in game you see people get bored of their class. they want to change but just dont want to spend the money to rerank that's an easy fix with that system, change it around and bam you got people switching easy will even get new players and old ones back to game i can bet you that.
  • dregenfox
    dregenfox Posts: 713 Arc User
    dregenfox wrote: »

that's only half the truth, though i agree sin/db will sell more than other classes. that wont be something perma. i'm sure it'll change sooner or later. dont get me wrong but in caves like UP mostly every class plays a different roll. and it's like that in most new caves pwi bring. a mystic is as important to an UP squad as a tank. etc etc. so pve wise thats not true but pvp yes it's 100% true. but it's all a changing matter too since everyone will be wanting to buy different classes, like atm in game you see people get bored of their class. they want to change but just dont want to spend the money to rerank that's an easy fix with that system, change it around and bam you got people switching easy will even get new players and old ones back to game i can bet you that.

Well in pve DB/sin are pretty much the strongest nukers as well, it's possible to nuke harder by abusing seeker debuffs w/ magic damage but there's really no harm in bringing multiple DB/sins for pve either.
  • rockafella#8523
    edited April 2017
    @dregenfox "Well in pve DB/sin are pretty much the strongest nukers as well, it's possible to nuke harder by abusing seeker debuffs w/ magic damage but there's really no harm in bringing multiple DB/sins for pve either."

aye i wont disagree with ya that's true, but you wont see people buying 2-3 db/sins :wink: besides everyone likes different classes so you might see a cleric go psy or psy go mystic or hell veno go barb lol point i'm trying make is given the chance to be able switch toons like that a lot of people may surprise you with what they pick.
  • jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    Yeah..everyone likes different classes and up until now I was quite happy with my 7 mains I worked so hard for in the past...now doing these insanely long quest chains on 7 chars..gg wp...If they keep introducing such questchains (didnt even mention the white quest chains QQ) with every progress we make with the historical phases then I need approx 2 years til all my chars are done with the new culti/skills. GG wp IJS.

Point is...PWI is not multi-char friendly in the slightest..the amount of work you have to put into every single char is insanity. Sure its the same in nearly any other game..but so far PWI has been quite nice to multi-twinking ppl :(

BTT: I wouldnt mind ppl being able to legit buy/sell accounts even tho I wouldnt even take them for free due to the above mentioned reasons! Damn bruh...life was so easy with just 1 main ._.
  • killeresras
    killeresras Posts: 236 Arc User
    Honestly I hate people like the OP. People who wish misfortunes on other people. Wishing punishment for a rule that shouldn't be here in the first place. I despise people like you. People like that are people who would sink somebody else because they can't swim themselves. The account sharing rule is complete BS in my opinion. This game is almost impossible to catch up in without spending thousands and honestly I have never played a more expensive game. I love the game, but I hate the greedy company that backs the game. They honestly value a small set of coding in a game at 1200$ a piece. Yes you all know what i'm talking about(NP). This is my word to the OP and people like him... Mind Your Own Business. I can't say it enough how much I hate people like him.
    Love lost is room gained
    b:cute
  • jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    sin20 wrote: »

it's easy call them, you never received goods\you don't recognize the charge\you also report them for fraud

few more ppl doing this and might happen that PWE DNS gets obscured\blacklisted in some countries
    besides the fact that Paypal could start question the legitimacy of PWE affairs and lock their account :D

Sad part is we all know this should be made legit option and that PWE could profit from this massively but its not gonna happen.

i got jailed cause PWE cant help but give mod tools to biased players with too much free time
    what is funny is that i am posting this from the very same account that has over 6k€ charged back lmfao
    and what is even funnier is that CS acts like they dont care they lost 6 thousands, quite sure PWEU owner still has his pp account locked for fraud attempt (who charges on Da sends money to PWEU paypal acc, rest of servers to PWE USA)

ban? #chargebackbois

Just for my own information...how long can you charge back? I heard someone throwing a 6 month-period around? Is that correct? So if you charge 10k in total but only 5k during the last 6 months from the point of being banned then you can only charge back the 5k?​​
    Post edited by phantomforce#4598 on
  • phantomforce#4598
    phantomforce#4598 Posts: 397 Community Moderator
    jsxshadow wrote: »
    sin20 wrote: »

besides the fact that Paypal could start question the legitimacy of PWE affairs and lock their account :D

i got jailed cause PWE cant help but give mod tools to biased players with too much free time
    what is funny is that i am posting this from the very same account that has over 6k€ charged back lmfao
    and what is even funnier is that CS acts like they dont care they lost 6 thousands, quite sure PWEU owner still has his pp account locked for fraud attempt (who charges on Da sends money to PWEU paypal acc, rest of servers to PWE USA)

ban? #chargebackbois

Just for my own information...how long can you charge back? I heard someone throwing a 6 month-period around? Is that correct? So if you charge 10k in total but only 5k during the last 6 months from the point of being banned then you can only charge back the 5k?
    @ladyblonde69 keeps violating the forum rules, and the mere discussion of it here is also a violation. So we won't go into specifics, or discuss it any further.

@jsxshadow I Googled it, and this was at the top of my results.
    The duration of the chargeback process depends on the reason why the chargeback was filed. It can last anywhere from a month to about six months. Once a chargeback is filed, the amount to be reimbursed will be taken from your account, plus the processing and penalty fees.
    ​​
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    kalystconquerer#0876 Posts: 1,421 Perfect World Employee
    Alright, this is clearly going in the wrong direction and while I wanted to keep things civil-
    24. No promoting the violation of Terms of Service or any of these rules.
    Solicitation of violations is, in and of itself, a violation.

For the relevant ToS portion-
    If you claim a chargeback for any reason, we have the right to investigate and dispute such chargeback. If we believe that your chargeback requirement is spurious, unreasonable, or invalid, we may take the dispute to court. If your chargeback is deemed invalid in court, you agree to pay for all fees and costs resulting from the disputed chargeback, including but not limited to legal fees and expenses, damages, monies lost due to non-operation, and chargeback fees, or if applicable mandatory law dictates otherwise, to the maximum amount permitted.

Perhaps I was incorrect to leave this particular thread for discussion, but due to the nature of how these discussion continue to end up and derail into calls for chargebacks, then I'll have to request that any and all topics revolving around "buying and selling accounts" (i.e calling out specific people's accounts or suggesting this feature) to be closed and removed. If you have any further questions regarding this matter, please contact Customer Support for specific individual inquires.
This discussion has been closed.