"Demon & Sage become one"

blazerboy
blazerboy Posts: 1,673 Arc User
Hoping someone like @asterelle or @mars19 sees this post but "demon and sage cultivation become one" in regard to this, when they state that does it affect ALL skills? Or is it normal skills that can't be affected by runes stay their respective demon/sage effects and runes or "glyphs" actually become one? Sounds tedious but can't hurt to be certain. Really hope it's only talking about the certain skills become virtually the same and not ALL that wouldn't be too good for certain classes xD err well would have to completely change up my style
105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
http://mypers.pw/5/#258958

Comments

• mars19
    mars19 Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    Only 10 certain skills will be able for upgrade,rest skills stay with sage or demon culti you had. And only 6 of them can have glyphs same time,but you can freely change skills and glyphs in them, out of combat.
  • orangeitis
    orangeitis Posts: 183 Arc User
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    kalystconquerer#0876 Posts: 1,421 Perfect World Employee
    It is only affecting select skills as pointed out by @mars19, as they adopt properties of the sage and demon versions and can be changed up or enhanced via Glyphs.

(Side note, I'm particularly excited about Mystics and Clerics changes, but that's just me.) Your current Sage or Demon skills that are not receiving any upgrades will still function properly with your new cultivation.

As the days go by, more blogs will be released explaining some of these changes in depth, so keep an eye out for them!
  • bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    Wasn´t this „demon and sage become one” predicted by people on forum months ago?
    giphy.gif

• dingo488
    dingo488 Posts: 936 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    Not predicted, this patch has been live in China since November ^^ Can't wait for it to come out, even though there's nothing cool for BMs, just new content at long last, this new sky level stuff has just been replaying the old content, I hope it's enough content to keep us busy for a while. And looking at the screenshot we'll be getting a new fairy :open_mouth:
  • hiitsmeguys
    hiitsmeguys Posts: 126 Arc User
    blazerboy wrote: »
    Hoping someone like @asterelle or @mars19 sees this post but "demon and sage cultivation become one" in regard to this, when they state that does it affect ALL skills? Or is it normal skills that can't be affected by runes stay their respective demon/sage effects and runes or "glyphs" actually become one? Sounds tedious but can't hurt to be certain. Really hope it's only talking about the certain skills become virtually the same and not ALL that wouldn't be too good for certain classes xD err well would have to completely change up my style

Great question. Also, do the 10 skills become demon/sage base, or only with the runes which add other attributes as well?
  • iamtearsh
    iamtearsh Posts: 103 Arc User
    i cant wait for it anymore..dying to see >.<
    x9YPRak.jpg

• keihan007#7641
    keihan007#7641 Posts: 1,190 Arc User

Great question. Also, do the 10 skills become demon/sage base, or only with the runes which add other attributes as well?

Pretty sure all these points are covered in the main thread bout the expansion.

You will get 10 skills per class, which can be upgraded to demon/sage unification culti skill. Out of those 10 you can glyph 6 at the same time. You can change glyphs/glyphed skills as you please outside of combat. Rest of the skills will stay as they were before the new culti.
    BlackList vs Frenzied 3/17

https://youtu.be/RkkWkigYd3k
  • thefallenreborn
    thefallenreborn Posts: 19 Arc User
    is there anymore info on this on what the sage/demon becoming one thing is, and what skills are affected by this?
  • catgirldesu
    catgirldesu Posts: 993 Arc User
    is there anymore info on this on what the sage/demon becoming one thing is, and what skills are affected by this?

You can find the skills here. They are player-translated so there might be inaccuracies, but it should be good enough until we get more information from PWE. ​​
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    @catgirldesu Yep! I might show a few off in one of the teasers, so players get a feel for what they will look like in-game officially.

Also yes, I'm still looking into the Schism items and will include that information and my findings in the teaser so that players are aware of it!
  • blazerboy
    edited March 2017
    Thanks for clarification @mars19 demon is still winning for a few of my toons. @kalystconquerer#0876 i understand the NDA so I won't delve too deep into questions but if you do a teaser can you show atleast one skill per class incase they get new skill animation I'm sure we all can agree that would be awesome @saxroll yes I've seen the post for a few months but agian I just wanted clarification incase I misread or missed something because that threw me off. @catgirldesu hopefully the schism thing is clarified
  • catgirldesu
    catgirldesu Posts: 993 Arc User
    @catgirldesu Yep! I might show a few off in one of the teasers, so players get a feel for what they will look like in-game officially.

Also yes, I'm still looking into the Schism items and will include that information and my findings in the teaser so that players are aware of it!
    You are a blessing. tiger-46.gif​​
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    @blazerboy I'll see what I can do! I know CN has shown off some of the skill effects already, so I'll see what sorts of screenshots I can grab of the Glyph'd skills. Sorry if the wording threw you off - I did a bit of the questline for the cultivation already, so was drawing some inspiration from it.
  • jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    @kalystconquerer#0876 Just a question: Will the Psy-Buff Fix CN has introduced lately be included in this patch? Reason why I ask is because the fix itself is very small...and waiting another 5 months for it...well..doesnt seem right given the scope of this fix. Just wanna know what we can expect. Thank you very much!

@dingo488 BMs...get nothing special? Yeah...right. Just putting them No.1 on the 1v1 Scale and making them ultra-chi-constant HF/MSS/GS throwing monsters in Mass-PvP. They literally get the best upgrades after archer and sins and no, not only for 1v1.
  • patupapa
    patupapa Posts: 39 Arc User
    man... para cursed and 7x elimination... cmon.... will be funny when u will pursue your 1v1s and random sins will sheet on you with 1-2 skills​​

:D So true... so true hahaha
  • jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    man... para cursed and 7x elimination... cmon.... will be funny when u will pursue your 1v1s and random sins will sheet on you with 1-2 skills​​

Depends...we don't know how the CP system will actually work. If its like a DoT-Stack that needs to be "reused" every 5-10 seconds or vanish completely then it is a much lower threat then initially expected. Is there any further info about the CP system at all?

Sure if you can store hundreds of CP over several minutes then it would be totally insane...somehow I doubt that tho :D
  • blazerboy
    edited March 2017
    7x damage elimination and paralyze for sin is complete bs but it's interesting what mystic get based on Gary videos. GG WP for anyone trying to kill them in a reasonable amount of time. Archers will be fun to fight and watch them delete ppl agian now all they need is some paralyze skills. BMs will be even more flexible I'm not opposed to this
  • eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    sontzu wrote: »
    I'm here to help my team-mates, not massage my ego.

Have you considered massaging your team-mates though?

• blazerboy
    Support classes are generally the most egotistical on DA xD
  • b3arz
    b3arz Posts: 33 Arc User
    actually i found a video on youtube showing the combo points on an assassin. Under the face of the assassin in upper left hand corner is 5 Orbs, being the combo points. So it won't be an infinite amount of Combo points that can be stacked up at once. It'll be capped at 5. Meaning paralyze on a sin, is still deadly, it's maximum length will be 5 seconds. With the new damage is enough to kill stuff, but for using expel and stuff, it is still 1 sec less on the stun, compared to 6 second stun (sage) instead of 5 second paralyze upgraded.
  • blazerboy
    @dingo488 in joe defense rank 9 on china is not a dime a dozen as it is here. So classes like Sins have less ppl with all the damage amplifiers they have easy access to here. @b3arz can you link the video
  • dingo488
    Flexible yes, ultra-chi-constant monsters, no.

Ok, so I'm a bm, and ergo my opinion is de facto biased.

All I will say is, I never saw my role as anything other than squad support. I'm here to help my team-mates, not massage my ego. Deal with it.

I wudnt worry about Joe, he is known to have a terrible read n understanding of the game. All the classes he deems super OP are in fact amongst the lowest ranked classes in China. The reasoning of them having 10 less defense level as we do (so the game is completely different!) is quite humorous.

Fact remains that PWI is extremely overloaded in crowd control, every class has them and they are all too strong and way too long. And BMs, despite being a melee class, has little to no tools to resist any of this. So you can do with their skills whatever you want, but that doesn't solve the issue that they can't actually use their skills because it requires extremely little effort to keep them locked down until the end of time.

I really wish the devs wud look at other games for inspiration for new skills instead of always defaulting to crowd control, its not interactive and its not fun to be paralyzed for 20 seconds straight. Debuffs that deal damage to the opponent whenever they use skills are similar to stunning them, cept it gives them a choice wether they want to use skills or not, instead of just them standing there being unable to respond, but meh, same old rant v_v PWI gna PWI

• dingo488
    edited March 2017
    @dingo488 in joe defense rank 9 on china is not a dime a dozen as it is here. So classes like Sins have less ppl with all the damage amplifiers they have easy access to here.

Ye im sure the top 200 players across their entire playerbase of multiple ten (hundreds) of thousands dont have rank 9 gear. While I agree their average players will be less geared than ours... we're talking about their very best and highest ranked arena players, to assume their gear is any worse than our high end players is an interesting assumption to say the least.

• blazerboy
    That's a fair arguement but I guess @dingo488 but I still think we should wait and see how things come up. Who knows BMs might do very well, and garbage sins might not be very effective it can go eitherway
  • eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    eirghan wrote: »
    Have you considered massaging your team-mates though?

Yes. They filed a restraining order...

Unappreciative little guys arent they :( Massage Therapy is not free!