Scheduled Server Maintenance [3/7/2017 - 11 PM PST]

kalystconquerer#0876
kalystconquerer#0876 Posts: 1,421 Perfect World Employee
edited March 2017 in Official Announcements
Good evening PWI players!

We will be having our regular server maintenance tonight at 11pm PST. Tonight's maintenance will have a patch!

*Tentative Duration*

Maintenance is expected to last approximately 4 hours, so during that time you will not be able to access the live servers.
*Maintenance times are tentative and are subject to change at any time. Actual end times will vary depending on the progress of the maintenance.

Thank you for your patience and we apologize for the inconvenience.

- The PWI Crew

Tonight's Maintenance Question: Did you purchase a Switch? And if so, what games are your currently playing? (No spoliers please!) Or if you didn't buy a Switch, why?
Post edited by kalystconquerer#0876 on

Comments

• rikurebirths
    rikurebirths Posts: 34 Arc User
    patch notes?
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    @rikurebirths None tonight, since it's cash shop updates. Surtr normally makes patchnotes, but I'll ask if it's ok to make them even if it's just the Cash Shop updates in the future. We'll be on patch 1000 for the EN client (wooo the big 1k!)
  • keihan007#7641
    keihan007#7641 Posts: 1,190 Arc User
    Where is my teaser pic? #PicOrRiot
    BlackList vs Frenzied 3/17

https://youtu.be/RkkWkigYd3k
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    @saxroll But I gave TWO during last weeks' maintenance! D:

I thought it would've been bad to keep dropping pics without context. Though I must say, the speculation was pretty cool to watch/read. Well at any rate, expect some blogs to start appearing on the rolls about the expansion Soon(TM)!
  • zionwarrior
    zionwarrior Posts: 123 Arc User
    I did not get a switch because I do not play my current console system enough to warrent another new one let alone a new tv. Also @Kaly can we get a confirm or deny about the possible anti-aps buff that is going around via rumors because to an extent it would make farming TT nigh impossible for many people let alone as a form of market for income for people. This being said I could see pwe doing this to remove another way to make money ingame and force more spending but I mean a LOT of people spend on this game you guys and gals can't be hurting that much on the stocks to need to try an force more people to pay even more do you?
    340e1f28-2806-453d-8005-5420e7eb9a6b.jpg
    Check my older posts by profile I am far older than 2010 I was from beta just got on forums in 2008 otc for the first time.
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    @zionwarrior We actually have not investigated this instance because we're plugging away at alot of the newer content and I'll have to re-read those threads to get the context of where these concerns are coming from. I'll take a peek or see if Surtr could investigate this, if he's not super pressed on all his current tasks.

I play the Switch on the go mostly since I'm almost never really parked at home long enough to enjoy it (plus the main TV is usually getting used for PS4 gaming or watching Twitch streams!) Also I dont have a screen protector and I was hearing the screen might start getting scratched up from constantly docking it, especially if you're too rough about it.
  • catgirldesu
    catgirldesu Posts: 993 Arc User
    Not going to buy the Switch, but if Game Freak does move Pokemon to it in the future... I won't have a choice. XD
  • rieihdius
    rieihdius Posts: 468 Arc User
    So how much time for this big update? months weeks ? :p

About the Maintenance Question:

I didn't got it. The last console I got was the PS3, and while I did play some really nice games there, I felt that during that generation, the console videogames start to decay in some way. Lots of dlcs for already expensive and incomplete games; Refried sagas (pretty much Hollywood style :D )
    Also I felt that during said generation what was one of my favorite genres: The Jrpgs also started to decay, the story and the character felt way more like anime fanservice and stuff like that, too much cliché to put it simple.
    Now that of course is my own personal opinion, and I know that there are some nice games on the actuall generation.

But I better save money and get a new computer, specially now with the whole AMD vs Intel cpu war resurrecting this year we may see some drop on the prices, making it more easy for me to get a new PC, since this one is really old. :p

• keihan007#7641
    keihan007#7641 Posts: 1,190 Arc User
    @saxroll But I gave TWO during last weeks' maintenance! D:

I thought it would've been bad to keep dropping pics without context. Though I must say, the speculation was pretty cool to watch/read. Well at any rate, expect some blogs to start appearing on the rolls about the expansion Soon(TM)!

But that was last week, now is now >: (.

But seriously speaking, I do hope soon is actually soon because we been anticipating this expansion for a while now. I do have a question regarding and I am curious if you are able to answer it or not. We all know we get our content from China but recently China has had some changes to the World Boss we getting in said expansion(Unless I really misunderstood something), will we get that or is it likely too late for that? Another hot topic is psy buffs going selfcast only, are you guys getting the new content from China to throw into the expansion or do we have to wait a bit longer for those? I can understand if you cant give direct answers but some general idea would be appreciated too.

I guess shorter way to ask the same thing would be, do you guys get updated content while testing or not? Cause we roughly know when you started testing and we can then compare it to where China was at the time to get an idea what to expect in the content. But if you were to get updates on the content you are testing, which would be amazing but seems unlikely, we might even expect those things in the expansion.
    BlackList vs Frenzied 3/17

https://youtu.be/RkkWkigYd3k
  • athrinbal
    athrinbal Posts: 31 Arc User
    @kalystconquerer#0876
    Been a nintendo fan since the entertainment system in 88, sadly haven't gotten around to purchasing a switch yet though.
    Breath of the Wild looks really good from what I've seen so far though!

ps; could you ballpark new expansion release? <3
  • evilhearted22
    evilhearted22 Posts: 14 Arc User
    Nah, didn't buy a Switch, not much of a console gamer and too much seems bent on promoting old series for nostalgia (which I'm not into at all).
    Characters:
    JustAllEvils, Dawnglory veno
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    edited March 2017
    @catgirldesu with the Friend Code thing that came up that almost made me think they were going to move the next generation of Pokemon games (ans subsequently competitive play, like VGC) onto it o.o But I could be wrong.

@rieihdius before the Anniversary month for sure :P Soon(TM)

Did you ever pick up Yakuza 5 for PS3? I know that game came out waaaayyyy too late for the system, but I really enjoyed that game when I got a hold of it! It has a bit of everything, really (rhythm games, GTA, great side missions/quests for the weirdest things).

I used to play on a potato but now I have a much nicer rig I've saved up for for a while now.

@saxroll they told us there was a boss that came with this expansion, but we've never found it yet and didn't get much information on it. So based off the fact that I actually don't have any information, I wouldn't be able to say one way or another anyways. Different things will affect the window we get expansions at and what will make it in, but we have a "semi" predictable schedule if you will. Unfortunately, I'm not sure what I'm actually able to discuss as far as process and windows of time, but I would have to err on the side of caution and probably not speak to that. Sorry about that!

@athrinbal my first Nintendo system was the Super Nes, so I guess I'm a bit spoiled in that regard? And before the Anniversary month for sure :P Soon(TM)

@evilhearted22 Yeah, I definitely understand that! But I get why they do it, since it's a stable source of income, they know that fans will buy into the series. As a side note, the amount of embarrassing deaths I've had was more than Dark Souls :/

EDIT : Our CN Engineer is looking into why DC is doing what it's doing so maintenance is going to run a tad bit longer tonight. Apologies for the inconvenience, but we hope we can finally resolve the issues we've been having!
  • solomonkanell
    solomonkanell Posts: 3 Arc User
    and learn what everything is new? in new expanzion
  • matthew4
    matthew4 Posts: 373 Arc User
    patch notes is today ?
  • jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    I pre-ordered the Switch but I cancelled it in time. I've come to realize that I have more than enough to entertain me and while I really want to play BotW I don't see buying a console for 1 game and then waiting a potential year until a game I'd like to play comes out. If Nintendo would've released a new Metroid game on top of Zelda..."shut up and take my money"...

@kalystconquerer#0876 Do you know if we are going to get the announced Psy-Buff-Fix (making it a selfbuff only) with the new expansion already or will that patch fall under the same schedule as normal patches (3-5 months after CN)? Seeing it being a massive problem in PWI as well and how small that fix is...it would be very, very, VERY nice to get it asap. Your thoughts on this?

PS: I just noticed: x1 Elysium Gift Pack III this is a reward for the community login event. IIRC that pack has been send out before and is a one-time only Quest. Could you please check if that's the case?
  • sirkura#6424
    sirkura#6424 Posts: 37 Arc User
    I thought about buying a switch, but after seeing its full line up of games to be released.... its kinda lacking. Biggest turns were the fact there is still no Metroid or Smash Brothers games. Breath of the Wild was probably the only game for it I was really interested in, getting a console for a single game doesn't seem worth it.
  • ballenato
    ballenato Posts: 240 Arc User
    @kalystconquerer#0876

It's been confirmed from China expansion that, there are new G17 Jewelry, with different stages
    Ring, cape, Helmet

Can you let us know if PW is working a way to allow us Upgrading our...

Base Helmet
    Nation wars Cape (Heaven Ravager)
    Star's Destiny and Moon's embrace

into this brand new G17 ring??

I ask this because, these items dont exist on china version ~~
  • eternalghost
    eternalghost Posts: 154 Arc User
    @kalystconquerer#0876 any idea when the raffle rewards are going out? Thought it would be with maintenance but cant see anything on my winning account.
    Kymsplat - Sin -

103 - 103 - 102
    Etherblade
    My Gear: http://mypers.pw/10/#543295
    My Youtube Channel: youtu.be/zyiaSCxQ_KY
  • n3murinomori
    n3murinomori Posts: 43 Arc User
    Ancient Gift's for everyone for the big 1k patch number xD
    TheGreatKhan of DawnGlory
    sadasdds.png