5$ Cash shop

Options
laiwaisan
laiwaisan Posts: 1,123 Arc User
edited March 2017 in General Discussion
Do you think Pwi would make an ungodly amount of more money if there thinking was more along the thought of the many then the well off few?

Pwi Facebook says 453,077 that's close to 500k imagine a cash shop everything they normally put in it was straight up 5$ dollars no matter what it was if they could get pass the greed and try this a few times to see if it works.

Its not rocket science a few 100-maybe a thousand spend 50-100$ dollars and a few rare cash shopers that spend 500 or more vs a couple 100k people all buying 10 gold from the pwi charge page and spending it in the cash shop.

if you don't believe this works look at burger king mcdonalds .

People like fast quick instant gratification.

Look at americans in my country we have obesity problem because fast cheap and affordable pwi should be the same way.

5$ Cash shop 17 votes

Yes make it a 5$ CASH SHOP charge charge baby
35%
laiwaisankyoskenibblescookiessmidrissiyoshiehimemooglemonger 6 votes
No im im the privileged few 500-1000 $ cash shoper this would kill my sales in my cat shops
23%
keihan007#7641dingo488banknonamen3murinomori 4 votes
No i think this break the game
29%
shimarratolotsshywa13demansfairylaundry88#6850 5 votes
Yes but not 5$ more like 10 $ or less seem more reasonable
11%
b3arzvaldisman 2 votes

Comments

• dingo488
    dingo488 Posts: 936 Arc User
    Options
    No im im the privileged few 500-1000 $ cash shoper this would kill my sales in my cat shops
    had to pick the most troll answer to a most troll thread
  • laiwaisan
    laiwaisan Posts: 1,123 Arc User
    Options
    Yes make it a 5$ CASH SHOP charge charge baby
    and don't forget the biggest troll on this board you left that out sheesh lol hugggggggg
  • blazerboy
    blazerboy Posts: 1,673 Arc User
    Options
    No thanks if everyone was pretty much the same imo it would become like a p server and boredom slowly set in
    105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
    http://mypers.pw/5/#258958
  • aegrimm
    aegrimm Posts: 5 Arc User
    Options
    why does PWI put a price on items, since they don't force people to be limited to that price? there is a LOT of things I would buy IF the price was reasonable, 12 gold = 48M +/- coin = WAY too much!!
  • dregenfox
    dregenfox Posts: 713 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    Options
    What they could do is put in a "$5 value menu" store, where you can get cheap knockoffs for rock bottom prices, designed for people with less stable incomes.

Guarding Scroll x 50 - prevents items from dropping, but only works while safety lock is on
    White-ish Pigment x 100 - it's almost white, but not quite?
    Dragon Globe Ocean x 10 - actually only refines up to +1.0
  • eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    Options
    dregenfox wrote: »
    What they could do is put in a "$5 value menu" store, where you can get cheap knockoffs for rock bottom prices, designed for people with less stable incomes.

Guarding Scroll x 50 - prevents items from dropping, but only works while safety lock is on
    White-ish Pigment x 100 - it's almost white, but not quite?
    Dragon Globe Ocean x 10 - actually only refines up to +1.0

Whoa whoa, lets not forget about people who only want "designer" items.
    I think it would be nice to have a section for the really rich, too:

General Summer's Token-Tokens: Tokens combined into chips combined to make tokens combined into pieces to get r9.
    Auto-Recovery Gem: causes your character to recover hp and mp by 10 points per second (No pots needed!) Only works when you are out of battle.
    Lotus of Too Much Zen: An automated world chat message that advertises you wasted 10 gold on an automated world chat message
    Cash of the Elite: Take this item to an NPC to trade for a limited time title that gives +500 spirit and must be equipped for the effect. Only available to purchase once you have maintained cash shop level 6 for 6 months. Title reads "Paid So You Can Play"
    Perfect Cross Server Fog Horn: An item that lets you message accross all servers. Text is size 200px and fills every player's entire screen with whatever bait your heart desires. Font colours only in chartreuse. Egg Smilies. Only 50000 zen.
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    kalystconquerer#0876 Posts: 1,421 Perfect World Employee
    Options
    @eirghan Be careful what you wish for...I should ask them to make Rotten Egg Smilies that LOOK like the regular Egg Smilies but when you use them, they're all green and sickly looking!

On a serious note, you reminded me, I think we have titles in the game that are meant for the wealthy, but they aren't permanent. I never asked CN what or how players acquired that title, but not sure if there's a pressing want for something like that or any interest in such a title.

@dregenfox Knock off items would be hilarious but I think they'd end up being implemented more as April Fool's kinds of items. Isn't there a weaker version of Guardian Scrolls already though? Dream Scrolls or something? I know it doesn't protect you from everything.

A "5$ Menu" strategy would have to be carefully discussed for sure, and I'm not even sure what sorts of items yet we could put on that that would be worth a 5$ trigger buy that would also not destroy the items value in-game.