Pet moods

awatar
awatar Posts: 7 Arc User
Hello all!

I was lucky enough to get Herc and nix on my veno <3:p
Herc has impetuous mood and so far tested it once and it can tank fsp(normal) toad. So im happy with it.
Im currently lvling up my nix and i ask opinions of nix's mood skills. I plan to use it as pvp supporter, cause i dont have monkey. Also is it good to retain the pounce skill on nix? Or on herc?

Thank you in advance.

Comments

• shopcheese
    shopcheese Posts: 758 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    Impetuous for herc isnt bad. I would recommend Mischievous (personal favorite) if you want him to be always tanking when you summon him, otherwise I would recommend Naive. Im really a fan of the Shadow skill (chance to avoid debuffs such as stun, seals, dot, purges, 1-shot skills, and more). I dont find Pounce worth it for herc, so I would say replace it with a HP buff to increase his tank ability. I also had found the mood Hopeful useful if your channelling are extremely slow and you are in a situation where you wouldnt be able to heal fast enough.
    Nix have way more variety of builds, so I dont really wanna recommend any specific moods. However, getting a mood with reduce damage taken from players seems to be essential for PvP (the skill Mind, or a max level mood with Ghost). Personally I went for a mood with antistun, but I never found the nix itself very helpful in PvP other than for stun every 2 seconds (pounce) or smack all the chi out of the enemy after using Crush Vigor.
    I would keep Pounce on the nix for sure, stuns are very good in PvP. Even though my nix is PvE only now, I still kept it for the aps boost it also gives.
    Either ways, I would go for a mood that either buffs, or have a higher chance (30%ish) to do something. Those "4% chance to .... when attacking" seem to nearly never proc.
  • awatar
    awatar Posts: 7 Arc User
    Ok, ty for your answer. I gotta start gettin' more feral stars :p Btw as a tip to all that lvls nix. Those flying things around mq area at monument of faith is great. :)
  • eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    Another famous place to level flying pets is on staunch worms on white sand beach near raging tides. Very good pet xp and easy to kill.

For nix there are tons of options but like @shopcheese said kind of hard to point out just one. I like having the ghost skill on my nix as it can easily be focused down in 1v1s, so making my pet unselectable and then sending it in for a stun combo is helpful. But thats just one option.

I also agree with the 4% chance skills not being worth it. My nix had 4% chance to stun an enemy and ive seen it stun once. Lol.
  • shopcheese
    shopcheese Posts: 758 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    Lol i re read my post. I meant every 2 minute for pounce, not seconds XD

Just to correct @eirghan, spirit is the one that makes pet unselectable, and yes that one can be rather useful as well.

Just do some experiments with the nix.
  • eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    shopcheese wrote: »
    Lol i re read my post. I meant every 2 minute for pounce, not seconds XD

Just to correct @eirghan, spirit is the one that makes pet unselectable, and yes that one can be rather useful as well.

Just do some experiments with the nix.

heh yeah i was on my mobile hard to look correct names for pet skills. that skill is badass though.