so umm who is the target audience?

regarding the red envelope monkey greeting on sale atm for 5 golds
the options to fill it are 5-100 envelopes
each envelope containing 50-100 golds

that makes the absolute minimum one can give away $250 with the high end being $10,000

im from etherblade we dont got no ballers giving away 10 grand any other servers do or?.....

Comments

• ebisama
    ebisama Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    i am more dissapointed with the 7 8 9 and 10 star in the star shop when they said we cant ge tthem for player botique
  • ballenato
    ballenato Posts: 240 Arc User
    ebisama wrote: »
    i am more dissapointed with the 7 8 9 and 10 star in the star shop when they said we cant ge tthem for player botique

They say u cant, not because they cant do it...
    Because they dont want to, cause u'd stop buying +10 XD
  • forbiddenwords
    forbiddenwords Posts: 321 Arc User
    they are for a stupid price anyway so it's as good as not having them fox-33.gif​​
    BfYIUJc.png
    ☆ Pixel ♥ Heart ☆ Etherblade ☆
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    kalystconquerer#0876 Posts: 1,421 Perfect World Employee
    It's bringing the VIP shop to parity with CN's (we've been behind theirs for quite a while) and posted about this in another thread -
    [...]
    EDIT : Oh, I realized something when I checked over the schedule again. VIP will have some changes that seem to run counter to what the stated reasons were form some items, specifically regarding 7, 8 and 9 star orbs. The orbs that will be added to VIP soon are limited to 1 a month and can only be used on bound gear. CN has not told us outside of "we don't want these in the regular shop" as to why regular 7 8 and 9 stars can't be sold in the regular boutique. My assumption is that they wanted a limited quantity of these items going out, as these have been tracked before when any unusual activity pops up (for example promos). So when players see them in VIP, it's not correlated to the Boutique voting, it's just bringing the VIP section up to parity to CN's.

After this update though, we are now in sync with CN's, baring things like having chance packs in ours and not having an option for Mirage Orbs in Points. 10 stars are on the schedule for next week, it was just the 7, 8 and 9 stars that were said no to in the main Boutique.

As far as the Envelopes are concerned, I suppose if you have a few generous souls around who don't mind putting out the cash it would be interesting to see how quickly people would jump on it. Would be fun as an event, but I'm not sure if we'd (we as in people who work for the company) be allowed to use these envelopes. I'm sure that if it could ever be approved, I'd actually have to try hard and make my GM's homestead prettier....
  • valdisman
    valdisman Posts: 568 Arc User
    The game is now primarily aimed at only cash shoppers or those who already have farmed end game / enough coin to be able to afford to buy certain items from said cash shoppers. Its why the game is dying. After all PWI is a business and its aim is to keep making money. To do that you target existing money generating players, not trying to get in new players.

Just keep farming and selling (I know it takes a long time)

#kylehawkinsuck
    Moonshine drinker
    In a world of 10s, be an 11.
  • kinetik#1370
    kinetik#1370 Posts: 5 Arc User
    valdisman wrote: »
    The game is now primarily aimed at only cash shoppers or those who already have farmed end game / enough coin to be able to afford to buy certain items from said cash shoppers. Its why the game is dying. After all PWI is a business and its aim is to keep making money. To do that you target existing money generating players, not trying to get in new players.

It's really quite upsetting that that's generally how the game has been for so many years. I've been a played since all the way back when Sanctuary/Lost City/Heaven's Tear were new and the game has just gotten so much.. worse.
  • valdisman
    valdisman Posts: 568 Arc User
    valdisman wrote: »

It's really quite upsetting that that's generally how the game has been for so many years. I've been a played since all the way back when Sanctuary/Lost City/Heaven's Tear were new and the game has just gotten so much.. worse.

Yup same here. Although I started on HT and moved to Arch the day that server opened. There has always been a cash element to it but gold was around 100k so everyone and anyone could buy/ sell /use gold that was easily farmed. Now everything is aimed at cash spenders. It reflects in the fact that the prices of certain items need so much gold to buy. Its why now you'll very rarely see a new player. Usually its just a cash player making an alt for spend / charge promos.
    #kylehawkinsuck
    Moonshine drinker
    In a world of 10s, be an 11.
  • nunuator
    nunuator Posts: 455 Arc User
    Honestly this gold system is a new way to sell gold to players you can limit who can enter your homestead.. so a 5 gold fee to transfer gold to an alt doesn't seem that bad.
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    kalystconquerer#0876 Posts: 1,421 Perfect World Employee
    @nunuator Huh, didn't think of it in that way - though the randomization of the system might mess things up a bit, wouldn't it?

This item was one that should have been in the shop a while ago, but for some reason never came up. But yes, really interesting concept, will see if it's an event that people would be interested in for the future to participate in, if we were to host like a "gold grab" or something.
  • nunuator
    nunuator Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    @kalystconquerer#0876 I feel as if it's a terrible way to transfer gold to alts but, with gold being capped at 3,999,999 mill there is not as much leniency like there used to be...
    This is one of the main reasons that people sell through world chat now and not auction house, honestly the auction house needs to have a coin cap increase for spend promo since gold is nearly impossible to get now (to use for a spend promo without charging) just due to the fact that nearly 1500 gold is being bought at max price...
    On a side note selling gold through auction house should still count as gold being spent since you are technically selling it to another player... Missing out on spend promo's cause you want to get coin quick is just down right stupid,it's like a punishment to the player for selling gold through auction house..

P.S. gold grab idea is a good one but, just due to the bugs in homestead such as, the cornucopia not showing up for players when having a massive number of players enter one homestead, this event would cause a ton of QQ for the homestead server is bugged at best. Maybe a gold grab event where you hide next to it as well so it's not as RNG based on the cornucopia spawning.
    Edit: maybe a trivia event where the winner gets added to friend list then cornucopia reward sent out so the amount you get is completely RNG based. Of course deleting the winner of previous round from friend list to prevent them from entering and stealing a reward from a player..
  • uglyfaceyo
    uglyfaceyo Posts: 18 Arc User
    nunuator wrote: »
    On a side note selling gold through auction house should still count as gold being spent since you are technically selling it to another player...

This cannot happen. People would just circulate gold through AH over and over until they reach the max tier. The current system is fine - it forces players to spend their gold thoughtfully and plan ahead.