Elysian Arena?

wildz2
wildz2 Posts: 91 Arc User
Just got a Homestead with the Elysian Arena...
Basically useless at this point or is it just me?

Get minions, too low to win a fight.
No rewards.
No fights won, no new minions.
No new minions, stay weak.

Could farm it from garden or the paradise stuff but I guess with few months late it's basically totally useless to try and catch up, as anyone can easilly move forward faster and get stronger by actually winning a fight, wich I cannot.

So never rewards?

Now what?
Delete Elysian Arena?

Also, what the hell with the moving around when you click into the battle.
When battle window is open, should not let you move around and get at the other extremity of the homestead.
And then get the error message saying you're too far from your Arena...well played.

Comments

• kalystconquerer#0876
    kalystconquerer#0876 Posts: 1,421 Perfect World Employee
    Hello!

So yes, you could use the garden or the paradise to generate more minions, but this could be a slower way to power up. Have you tried rearranging your team positions and/or tinkering with their attributes? See if that changes results for you! You should be getting paired with people who are around your level, though - are you running into alot of higher leveled monsters for some reason?

Being able to move while in that UI is pretty wonky, I will say that. I usually park myself inside the Arena into a corner so that I don't run outside of the building on accident. Perhaps we should start looking into seeing if any of the minion packs could be whitelisted to add into our codes to give to players, just like how we have other homestead items/other consumables.

Hope this helps!
  • I had the same problem being against others with stronger pets so I ended up farming for the entire month before reset and i did decent enough to get the A packs, so definitely itll take time to climb up the ladder.
  • eternalghost
    eternalghost Posts: 154 Arc User
    During the first week or so all the op guys are climbing the ladder, it's best waiting till near the end of the month to try battling. Even for me with many 3k+ minions it's really tough to win in the beginning weeks of a reset.
    Kymsplat - Sin -

103 - 103 - 102
    Etherblade
    My Gear: http://mypers.pw/10/#543295
    My Youtube Channel: youtu.be/zyiaSCxQ_KY
  • misanno
    misanno Posts: 53 Arc User
    @kalystconquerer#0876

so heres the thing, i lvled up my homestead on the etherblade server, just got it yesterday mind you
    ive lvled it up 3 times and in chat it says i obtained 3 rare minion pack B's,
    not in inventory, not in bank, not in elysian arena,
    where are these so called packs that i have obtained? also, the 6 you get at the beginning, high chance to get 3 differnt minions, i got 1 minion 6 times
  • scruncy
    scruncy Posts: 458 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    the packs are in the storage of your stable/garden.

What I would wish for myself is a lazy mode option *hust*
    I am using always the same 3 highest minions and I always press the same commander field.
    I wish there would be a setup, to save this selection and then let the 200 battles auto run. :p
  • flagrate
    flagrate Posts: 1 Arc User
    scruncy wrote: »
    the packs are in the storage of your stable/garden.

What I would wish for myself is a lazy mode option *hust*
    I am using always the same 3 highest minions and I always press the same commander field.
    I wish there would be a setup, to save this selection and then let the 200 battles auto run. :p

there are ways to do that ;)
  • scruncy
    scruncy Posts: 458 Arc User
    enlighten me
  • angellicdeity
    angellicdeity Posts: 641 Arc User
    Hello!

So yes, you could use the garden or the paradise to generate more minions, but this could be a slower way to power up. Have you tried rearranging your team positions and/or tinkering with their attributes? See if that changes results for you! You should be getting paired with people who are around your level, though - are you running into alot of higher leveled monsters for some reason?

Being able to move while in that UI is pretty wonky, I will say that. I usually park myself inside the Arena into a corner so that I don't run outside of the building on accident. Perhaps we should start looking into seeing if any of the minion packs could be whitelisted to add into our codes to give to players, just like how we have other homestead items/other consumables.

Hope this helps!

This is actually an issue. None of these suggestions are helpful. The situation is people like myself have Minions with 3K+ combat power. I have them assigned but I've given up using the arena forever keeping my total acquired points below where my peers are - hovering at 800 or less. My character actually hovered at 200 for a good 1-2 weeks.

If the original poster randomly got selected to battle my minion match up they would be destroyed by sheer combat power alone.

This Elysium arena works when you have a lot of active players, and new ones constantly joining the system. PWI demographics are different from China, and this arena is falling apart. People are having a tough time breaking 1500 rating because there simply isn't enough participation.
  • ailiadrake
    ailiadrake Posts: 282 Arc User
    Hello!

Hope this helps!

This is actually an issue. None of these suggestions are helpful. The situation is people like myself have Minions with 3K+ combat power. I have them assigned but I've given up using the arena forever keeping my total acquired points below where my peers are - hovering at 800 or less. My character actually hovered at 200 for a good 1-2 weeks.

If the original poster randomly got selected to battle my minion match up they would be destroyed by sheer combat power alone.

This Elysium arena works when you have a lot of active players, and new ones constantly joining the system. PWI demographics are different from China, and this arena is falling apart. People are having a tough time breaking 1500 rating because there simply isn't enough participation.

1500?

Make it 1000.

That's the cap I set myself, and even with 3k minions, it's utterly hard to get there without having a seizure out of frustration.
    Besides, when you lose a battle, you tend to lose more points than you win. Sure, it's 1 or 2 points (usually), but damn it... when you get into a losing streak, you start to wonder what kind of system the arena has for its exp handling.

Also, gotta ask: has anyone ever got to the very higher prizes without actually spending gold to replenish their battles?
  • valdisman
    valdisman Posts: 568 Arc User
    Hello!

Hope this helps!

Its to do with points system not pet levels. If someone has 4k minions and low points, you will likely be paired against them. New people doing HS have a long way to go to catch up. You could farm them but its not a recommended way to go. The amount of coin you will need to buy 12hr and 24hr items. You will need to spend coin upgrading your farms level. That takes time too as its based on overall HS level.

In short, for new people, arena is dead for you unless you have enough 100s of millions to bankroll it and a LOT of patience.
    ailiadrake wrote: »
    Also, gotta ask: has anyone ever got to the very higher prizes without actually spending gold to replenish their battles?

Highest tier I've claimed is 1600 and I haven't charged a penny into my HS. I got all mine from my 200 fights and just daily growing of 12/24hrs which I farm from daily UP and DDH. It can be done but just takes a long time. I personally have never needed any of the prizes so I have no reason to try hard for it.
    #kylehawkinsuck
    Moonshine drinker
    In a world of 10s, be an 11.
  • kokoot
    kokoot Posts: 55 Arc User
    Wait until last week of the month. You will get weaker oponents. Learn elements and use the "type" bonuses. Ppl are lazy to learn and then they qq. Game is wrong...
  • shopcheese
    shopcheese Posts: 758 Arc User
    That reminds me, my bf was testing out something with his minions like a week ago. He made all his defending minions the element of earth. All of them. People continued loose to him because they didnt choose a proper element to work against earth. Thats a good example of how much people pays attention to that stuff.