FACTIONS

Options
fededomino
fededomino Posts: 246 Arc User
Hello ppl
how to get a healthy faction , what is the Leader`s work , what is the Director`s work , and what is the Marshal`s
work , and what is the Executer`s work , well i dont know , but any clue is welcome ,
because i see many Faction goes down , members leave or dont play and why .
what is missing to make Factions fun and needed again .
will a better reward, be more workful, well i also think to level a Faction is to hard and it level to slow , if only a few members is online each day it will reach lv cap very slow , i also think about give members 500k exp 250k exp for base quest and bigger base mats and base points and put down factions member level reward to level 40-50, today its lv 90 i think , its only some idea , dont hang me . but we need some important faction aid , to let factions stay stronger and more fun and active , mabye a reward as Ancient Gift dayli for faction base quest and other stuff , if any have any idea .

and by the way ,mabye its a good idea to tell from what time zone Faction is from , to get the right members when Faction is World Chat for members / recruit

all i want is let players tell some idea that can make Factions better for future , than it was , today it going wrong way . so any idea is welcome .

Leader
Director
Marshal
Executor
what is thier job ??

Comments

• kalystconquerer#0876
    kalystconquerer#0876 Posts: 1,421 Perfect World Employee
    Options
    Alot of my experience comes from being in TW factions, but the roles can be tweaked and modified to fit non TW factions as well.

Leader - keeps players engaged, does the day to day upkeep (keeps a pulse on the factions health, is there for when the highest problems get escalated to them etc.), Bids on TW, dolls out TW pay and/or rewards from DC sent to them by CS. They also have control over faction forums, vent/discord chats and communicates any big changes in the faction down to their officers and their members.
    Director - supports the leader and takes on some of the other tasks of the Leader. Marshals report to them.
    Marshals - In charge of certain sections of execs who report to them. They will usually double up on duties from execs and will do additional tasks to support the Director and Leader.
    Executor - These officers pick up specialized tasks such as moderating faction forms, streamlining donations/running DKP systems, TW rosters, squad lists, apothecary, recruiting, forum/faction events, applications to the faction etc. They are the first line of defense.

All the officers in a faction will usually be seen as "the face" of a faction, and more scrutiny of a faction as a whole will be placed on their heads, based on their actions with other players. Some factions will advertise for certain types of players, such as Brazilian or Philippine factions. Other times, factions will have that in an application that you fill out so they know what types of players they are recruiting. I think factions are somewhat at the point now where they are flexible with various timezones.

Part of a factions success is in their leadership as well as the climate of the game and specific servers. Interpersonal issues I don't normally go into, but what I can effect in some cases is the climate of the game. To keep a factions heartbeat going you need players, and you need players who enjoy the game and enjoy logging on. Players who feel they have a reasonable pace to level, gear progress and so on. I think one of the issues is that there's a sizeable gap between old and new players and that you have some newer players who get jammed on quests and can't get help for them. When newer players get over a certain block in progression and want to engage in more content, they feel outpaced in the "arms race" and the requirements to get there. Alot of these stop gaps included but are not limited to - certain cultivation questlines, Boundary Leveling, going from G16 (Awakened armor) to R9 and from R8 Second cast to 3rd cast, Nation Wars, farming Dragonbreath Weapons (and all the associated systems with it such as Homestead/UP/DUP), Primal World skills etc. But what does this all have to do with factions? If a faction can not retain its members because its members feel like there's too many hurdles to jump though, well, you'll quickly have no members.

As far as tweaking things like faction bases, that would have to be something CN does. It'd be nice for them to revisit that feature and give it a bit of love. We'll continue making efforts to make the game better and factions play a role in keeping the game lively and vibrant too, I feel. Factions are groups of players who can support each other in a more immediate fashion after all - some people use it as a way to be social, others for war, others still to help each other and other players.
  • cyberomega45
    cyberomega45 Posts: 175 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Honestly, you have to decide what kind of faction you will be. What are your core values? How will you be different than other factions? In regards to leadership, our faction, all the officers are based on honor and what they are doing for faction, we don't care about level or gears. We specifically state to everyone that the faction is supposed to be members helping each other, after they get their dailies done, and if they have the energy. The problem with too many factions is this is just a game and most people play this game to relax. I have heard people complain about their real life jobs and how managers micromanage them, then they get into a faction and want the leadership to micromanage them. Our faction, we dont recruit, but if people ask about our faction, we tell them rated G faction chat, we tell them that people in faction alot of times are busy doing their dailies and we do TW but its optional attendance. My rl wife is currently leader and when I was leader/director of our current faction and other factions, one of the biggest complaint was that I spend too much time in game with my wife of 27 years. Realize as you grow, you will go through growing pains and sometimes its ok to let people go. Never change your core values. The reason people stay in our faction, is because its safe. We have alts from the big TW factions that have alts in our faction, because they can relax.
  • fededomino
    fededomino Posts: 246 Arc User
    Options
    Again and again
    About Factions
    If you is a member of a factions , and dont fit or suit you , you is free to leave and search another , notice your time zone cause its matter for many ppl / player , if you is in faction with member of another time zone , you either cant get help and mabye is poor lonely most of time , i have been notice , many faction never tell time zone or country , they only recruit , without info , some dont mind to stay in difrent time zone of faction , but other do mind , so feel free to search another faction if you need , no one owns you , no matter how much they helped you , you is the owner , of your toon , and its your choice to what faction you can suit too and fit , for have good social gameplay and help and ( fun )
    inside faction , everybody should help out , for who needs , i give a damn for leader directors marshall executors , its a poor title , many dont fit it , and some few live for it B)
  • phantomforce#4598
    phantomforce#4598 Posts: 397 Community Moderator
    Options
    Looks like this fine thread died a fine death a few months ago. We shall let the dead lie still, and shall not disturb them further.​​
This discussion has been closed.