Private Messages

shade13
shade13 Posts: 633 Arc User

<forum noob mode>
So, when I try to PM someone on this forum it says "You don't have permission to do that." Since forums usually tend to have PM option, maybe I'm missing something? Last time I did that, it was CM starting the discussion because I couldn't ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ How can I exchange a couple of words here with others privately avoiding public messages? normal-27.gif
​​
Sg4FlzA.png

Comments

• forbiddenwords
    forbiddenwords Posts: 321 Arc User
    I'm no forum guru, but as far as I heard vanilla forum doesn't have a PM option, or at least it's not available to regular users monkey-27.gif​​
    BfYIUJc.png
    ☆ Pixel ♥ Heart ☆ Etherblade ☆
  • sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    There is an option, and it used to be enabled. Back when they had all the forums together in one big huge massive forum. (One of the primary reasons given for switching to Vanilla BTW.)

Unfortunately having one big huge massive forum turned out to be really impractical, so they got split off into their own separate forums again as they were before for the most part. When this happened, you could PM someone on the PWI forum, but they would never see it if they were on, say, the Forsaken World forum.
    Shortly afterwards the ability to send PM's was turned off, and the assumed intent was to promote using Arc for messaging instead.

Either way, it sucks balls. Only those of us with advanced permissions can take advantage of the feature. IMHO, the whole migration to Vanilla was extremely poorly planned. It was implemented very shoddily, and really needs some dedicated people to put some work into making it function the way it really needs to. Don't even get me started on the embed issues.​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!