G17 Farming Times

I searched though the forum recently to see if there was a post for this up yet and couln't find one.

Basicly what I want to know is approximelty how mnay runs / days would it take to get each individual recast.
I also want a side by side comparison again the time needed if bought all buyable mats and only farmed thouse could not of were of the high price category.

Also the same for Decide mode and normal mode. <.< still confused by that as Decide fsp is easier than judgment fsp. O.o or you think they will had a 3rd mode O.O.

Also if can find any posts about this please link them as well.

Comments

• kalystconquerer#0876
    kalystconquerer#0876 Posts: 1,421 Perfect World Employee
    Decide mode is UP's harder mode that guarantees one Zenith Skull Shard dropping from the final boss as well as ramped up difficulty on all bosses with extra rewards throughout the entire instance. I can't find it right this second, but Asterelle had calculated out how much time it'd take with our current methods to obtain Zenith Skulls, as this is the part most players are concerned about. The lower end mats have been given out semi frequently in codes and the like, and homestead quests will provide you with some of the materials as well.

So since codes do affect the speed at which players get mats (as well as the occasional sale on Profaned Wood), I'm not entirely sure what your baseline wants to be set at, unless you're setting it at "purely 100% farmed" and disregarding any external influences. Those who have actually crunched the numbers and who are better versed than me at 8 AM with no coffee could do this better @asterelle maybe @eirghan and a few others I can't think of off the top of my head. I'm sure our usual suspects will also chime in!
  • werewolves#6809
    werewolves#6809 Posts: 137 Arc User
    Was curious about 100% farmed which knew would take the longest, and the least farmed as the minium and buy the rest.
  • eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    Eh thats more asterelle's thing than mine. I hate math and avoid it as long as I can. I think asterelle actually has done some sort of calculations on it already...
    asterelle wrote: »
    I think Draconic Essences are in an OK place relative to the other stuff.
    13 Draconic Essences, 300 Profane Wood, and 1045 Ether Jades all take around a year and a half of PvE farming.

The 61 Zenith Skulls take 167 years on average in normal UP, or 17 years of farming UPD now that it drops a shard. The tournament introduces maybe 1 or 2 Skulls to the server per week which might double the server supply so that drops the average from 17 years to 8 years?

Either way it's in extreme low supply to the other mats which are at a year and a half.

Edit: this guide may offer some of the information to formulate that kind of info by the way, also asterelle's raw data​​
    Post edited by eirghan on
  • eeepsilon
    eeepsilon Posts: 294 Arc User
    asterelle wrote: »

....The 61 Zenith Skulls take 167 years on average in normal UP, or 17 years of farming UPD now that it drops a shard.....

xhj364q.jpg

:D
  • forbiddenwords
    forbiddenwords Posts: 321 Arc User
    Don't even get me started...when I saw the exp chart required for lvl 10 Astral Energy my jaw dropped

33kc2kg.png

If you calc it at 6 Nebulas/day from dailies, out of which only 4 give astral exp, it would take 279 years to get max Astral Energy purely from dailies gg PWI fox-2.gif
    ​​
    BfYIUJc.png
    ☆ Pixel ♥ Heart ☆ Etherblade ☆
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    17... years? *rubs eyeglasses*

That's...a bit much. We'll definitely take a look into helping the process along and I would hope that in the meantime we'll get content that will speed this up tremendously.

As a side note, Nebula Orbs do have other sources outside of dailies right?
  • capnk
    capnk Posts: 486 Arc User
    Well the cashshop of course. But without using the cashshop the best you can aspire to is Astral 4. Which is enough really.
  • sin20
    sin20 Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    Yea rofl even the ppl that reach diamond room in TNF wont sell the mats since they also need them ofc , and with limited amount of ppl that get there its just gg, based on luck u need to reach 3 weeks diamond to get 1 zenith skull, currently in 5 (?) weeks of TNF no1 reached diamond as far as im aware for 2 weeks (maybe 1 person did but i doubt).

Bottom line is we really need more ways to get zenith skulls and would be good if TNF rewards got buffed so platinum and even gold chests give the said mats.
    Lets say u got 100 ppl who do UP actively on server, there is not enough supply for 1 person (lmfao) let alone to rest 99 , ppl are slowly getting discouraged and dont see any point in this anymore.

Oh right i almost forgot ...
    WHOS #THELIMITE?
    Post edited by sin20 on
  • eirghan
    Yep as it stands the cost is so high and grind is so long that only the truly rich AND dedicated AND the ones with great friends willing to donate their rewards to you will ever hope to get this weapon within a few years time.

Most are not even trying for it because they dont plan to commit to a grind fest of 17 years.

I fear the same will happen with the g17 accessories and robe upgrades.
  • jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    eirghan wrote: »
    Yep as it stands the cost is so high and grind is so long that only the truly rich AND dedicated AND the ones with great friends willing to donate their rewards to you will ever hope to get this weapon within a few years time.

Most are not even trying for it because they dont plan to commit to a grind fest of 17 years.

Yeah, of course most of us completely disregard g17 weapons. Not only will a part of them massively imbalance the game but also the cost is absolutely stupid. A single piece of gear (when taking the offensive version of g17.5) having a estimated cost of over 20k Gold...that is insane. that weapon alone is worth more than a max geared char. For what? 30% additional damage approximately? Indeed, that is true insanity.

INB4 CN releases G17.5 weapon box/token for 1k gold. Then I buy one for every char =P
  • jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    aradya6793 wrote: »

but it's not even a grindfest,
    if a server grinds for one single person there is a chance that person obtains 1 single weapon after months of commitment

atm it's just silly and at the end TNF was just a placebo for our version

in china it worked cause they have 123789123819232x our playerbase and 10293897312x players reach diamond, esponentially increasing the g17 mats supply

in our version we need a major adjustment for our playerbase values.​​

Easy GG. Merge all servers into 1 European server. GG WP easy fix.

Reminds me a bit of the times when everyone had tt90 but you could get a warsoul weapon. You would've had to spend thousands to get it as well BUT! With enough money you could instantly get it if you would've wanted AND you would've been a true god with it, oneshotting people left and right. Compared to the powergain of G17 and the even higher cost..well :D
  • eirghan
    edited January 2017
    aradya6793 wrote: »

but it's not even a grindfest,
    if a server grinds for one single person there is a chance that person obtains 1 single weapon after months of commitment

Singer server grind for months = one weapon

Single person grind for 17 years = one weapon

my point was people aren't going for it personally because they see 17 years and wont commit.

that has nothing to do with a server's effort to supply for one person.​​
  • blazerboy
    blazerboy Posts: 1,673 Arc User
    Can we ignore Joe comment merge all servers into one European server xD Harshlanders suffered as is don't need to condemn others. Idk about other servers but NA players suffer most trying to get UP squads because most of the player base who haven't quit this server are EU people doing this while we at work or asleep,so gg trying to get up without having a Set UP squad or regulars with maybe 2-3 from WC xD and the struggle of spamming wc for hours(I've seen some squads spam as long as 2hrs for DDs) like I see some NA squads do to get going just makes it so tedious to a point it's like yea no thanks. How making a squad that takes x3-5 the amount of time to do the actual run!? Maybe if they merged all NA servers and left it at 2 servers one eu and one NA and afforded us choice of which it would be easier to farm or well more of us would be open to the idea. Until then I'll wait until it's 100% in the boutique without having to buy from playerbase to get it in a reasonable amount of time. Even if you cash gold mat you still have to hope your server sells blue mat and we all know how well that's working for Fede....
    105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
    http://mypers.pw/5/#258958
  • werewolves#6809
    You know what would really be great? is if they added a cross-server for trade and catshops. Ideally with little places for the type of good they sell can be organised.

This would not effect the servers too negatively and will balance out the price of things across all servers, also it will effect gold price also as there will be both more supply and more demand (however the max gold price in ah should be increased because of this).

There is also within the servers the cross-server nw server which was scrapped, recycling this into a trade centre may also look good at it will make there be a lot more players that can be seen in this. Also using the same system as before with e.g. Werewolves_DA (or however it was).
  • werewolves#6809
    Ooh and one other things why can I not write comments to this via arc. I needed to log into the actual website to do this.
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    We've never asked them (to my knowledge) about opening up cross server this way and I'd have to ask what the logistics would be involved in that.

Cross server trading/buying/selling would be another one of those "log term projects" that I could sniff around for, but ultimately I would be needing to do short term actions in the meantime, such as creating more venues that players can obtain these mats. Personally though, this sounds like a pretty cool idea!
  • prancing
    prancing Posts: 143 Arc User
    Don't even get me started...when I saw the exp chart required for lvl 10 Astral Energy my jaw dropped

33kc2kg.png

If you calc it at 6 Nebulas/day from dailies, out of which only 4 give astral exp, it would take 279 years to get max Astral Energy purely from dailies gg PWI fox-2.gif
    ​​

Yes but what you complainers don't seem to realize is, you do not need astral energy 10. In no way, shape, or form do you need it to get 10 stat star charts. Its just there if this game lasts 20 years it would be a nice perk. Its quite alright having the upper limit out of our reach, its actually more fun that way. So instead of PWI making the cap something u can achieve in 1 year, i on the other hand applaud pwi for making it with such a high cap.
    m5arXCN.png
  • forbiddenwords
    prancing wrote: »

Yes but what you complainers don't seem to realize is, you do not need astral energy 10. In no way, shape, or form do you need it to get 10 stat star charts. Its just there if this game lasts 20 years it would be a nice perk. Its quite alright having the upper limit out of our reach, its actually more fun that way. So instead of PWI making the cap something u can achieve in 1 year, i on the other hand applaud pwi for making it with such a high cap.

Who said I was complaining? I just thought it was funny and at the same time exaggerated that they made the cap nearly impossible to reach. I didn't even have hopes or aspirations of getting it to that level, I already know 90% of this game is a gamble, so it's not surprising that they made it that way. Though if they really wanted to prevent people from maxing it they could just limit it to I dunno, 6 or 7
    ​​
    BfYIUJc.png
  • dregenfox
    dregenfox Posts: 713 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    Who said I was complaining? I just thought it was funny and at the same time exaggerated that they made the cap nearly impossible to reach. I didn't even have hopes or aspirations of getting it to that level, I already know 90% of this game is a gamble, so it's not surprising that they made it that way. Though if they really wanted to prevent people from maxing it they could just limit it to I dunno, 6 or 7[/color]​​

Well quite a few years ago when PWI was still in it's prime just getting lvl 103 was considered nearly impossible, and 105 was beyond reach. But then people found a way to get 103, and even past that to 105.

So what lesson can we learn from this? It means someone will eventually find some sort of exploit like FC dragoons that will let us achieve astral 10 super-easily, and farm G17 in the blink of an eye. It's only a matter of time. Be vigilant, and you might be the one to find that exploit. :smile:
  • eirghan
    Eh. Part true. Then the rest grind silly things like pv for months to get 105 legit (not as legit as old zhenners but what are you gonna do)

Tbh astral 7 isnt a good cap. One of our servers grand cashers had that within weeks of release. I say if theyre crazy enough to buy it make the limit the stars just to see how far theyll go :#
  • drheal
    drheal Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    Whoops edit.
  • forbiddenwords
    edited January 2017
    dregenfox wrote: »

So what lesson can we learn from this? It means someone will eventually find some sort of exploit like FC dragoons that will let us achieve astral 10 super-easily, and farm G17 in the blink of an eye. It's only a matter of time. Be vigilant, and you might be the one to find that exploit. :smile:

Well that's one way of thinking positively :D

eirghan wrote:
    Tbh astral 7 isnt a good cap. One of our servers grand cashers had that within weeks of release. I say if theyre crazy enough to buy it make the limit the stars just to see how far theyll go :#

I wanted to believe no one was hardcore enough to cash that much..I keep forgetting there's still people who spend all their money on a dying game tiger-10.gif
    ​​
    BfYIUJc.png
  • werewolves#6809
    prancing wrote: »

33kc2kg.png

​​

I have a 10 stat star chart (red) and I only have 3 astral energy.
  • eirghan
    edited January 2017
    @wishes08 hi, i take luck donations ;)

Im working on organising data to get you something close to what you are asking for. What i have so far is really rough, and its a bit difficult to quantify because there are variables but feel free to take a gander maybe you have more time to play with numbers

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1xhFp-2nncQ89qIm4xJqfHUyqiPCW392dXLBahwik408/edit?usp=drivesdk

Ps some of the tabs are directly taken from @asterelle as im stealing it for calculations. Props go to the rightful owner.
  • eirghan
    edited January 2017
    So a rough estimate of what I could come up with is for buying using coin at the moment you are unable to finish your weapons due to no market for Zenith Skulls, Profaned wood and Draconic Essences. But you can purchase all other items given time. The total cost for purchasing all items other than these three is as follows. Keep in mind this is an ESTIMATE.

Total Cost (NOT INCLUDING Zenith Skull, Profaned Wood, Draconic Essences)
    Etherblade: 4,417,500,000 (1104$)
    Twilight Temple: 9,409,500,000 (2352$)
    Tideswell: 11,093,986,955 (2773$)
    Dawnglory: 7,088,500,000 (1772$)

Total Farming times (given one character doing 1 run of UP a day and 1 set of HS dailies.)
    PLEASE NOTE THIS IS NOT factoring in random drops of tradeable mats in UP)

Days of Homestead: 1828 (5.13 years)
    Days of UP: 1200 (3.37 years)

this is difficult to quantify because there are multiple routes to items (ex: ether jades) and also the varying availability of quests/rewards/random drops in UP
    ​​
  • blazerboy
    blazerboy Posts: 1,673 Arc User
    @eirghan if only it was that simple because $1772 sounds super cheap to me for ATLEAST 3rd proc
    105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
    http://mypers.pw/5/#258958