Rules appy for some but not for all? WTF PWI!!

So Selling Elysian Seal is against the ToS, so my friend was told when she got her 3 day ban for selling some she had bought from a catshop and had extra. And yet I have been seeing people selling Elysian Seal quite openly in world chat and doing so for going on 2 weeks now. And, without anyone doing anything to stop it. So do these rules only apply to some people or only for catshops? If only for some of us mind letting us know if we are you "list" of people that would get banned? Or maybe it's ok to sell them in world chat? I mean if that's true then we should all just sell them in world chat! First though someone tell me, how do you glitch them so they can be traded? See that way we'll all know and can do the same thing. Would make it fair for everyone! I have hundreds of these useless Elysian seal sitting in my bank. Yeah I got all my skills ages ago! Not sure why we are still even getting them!
I hate when there is a double standard in play, makes my blood boil! And PWI seems to lazy to fix this one!

Comments

• blazerboy
    blazerboy Posts: 1,673 Arc User
    Okay I'll bite how do you do it xD cya in 3 days guys QQ
    105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
    http://mypers.pw/5/#258958
  • sensualsoul
    sensualsoul Posts: 282 Arc User
    I was being facetious about someone telling us how to glitch it. *rolls eyes*
  • mooglemonger
    mooglemonger Posts: 111 Arc User
    It has to get reported first I guess.
  • sensualsoul
    edited January 2017
    It has to get reported first I guess.

I have been reporting so has a friend of mine, nothing is being done since they are still selling them. And not just random people the same people. "We are looking into it." is all I get on my tickets.
  • sensualsoul
    edited January 2017
    aradya6793 wrote: »
    some servers didnt glitch elysian seals​​

Awesome! But they are doing it on Tideswell server.

• blazerboy
    blazerboy Posts: 1,673 Arc User
    Don't see why ppl report at all the games community is too damn small to lose more ppl imo
    105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
    http://mypers.pw/5/#258958
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    kalystconquerer#0876 Posts: 1,421 Perfect World Employee
    I had assumed all the Elysian Seals had already been consumed from that whole business (didn't have much visibility when that whole thing went down), but I guess we have a few stragglers lurking around the system. I did however, forward this thread to them so as far as I know, they're keeping an eye on it and gathering information.
  • eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    Same old same old. One person gets banned the rest are free to go xD
  • sensualsoul
    edited January 2017
    I had assumed all the Elysian Seals had already been consumed from that whole business (didn't have much visibility when that whole thing went down), but I guess we have a few stragglers lurking around the system. I did however, forward this thread to them so as far as I know, they're keeping an eye on it and gathering information.
    I sent them screenshots how much more "information" do they need. Those selling them should have been banned, period. If you can do to one person you can do to them all!. Your basicly giving the same BS answer I got in my tickets. "We looking into it." Well while they are "gathering information" people have an unfair advantage over those not breaking the rules! 200k for a seal and selling 200 or more of them at a time. What's the hold up? Look at the screenshot and ban the people in it, seems simple to me! I even circled them in pretting bright red for them!

BTW we keep getting seal even if we have all out homesead skills they are just piling up! The people that work on this game don't think to just give everyone a set amount and they turn them off. That would just make to much sence. So I for example have 186 seal and getting more everyday with the daily quests. Not sure if I should save them or not but I learn with the Primal bloods that at anytime PWI might add something and I'll have to have them and NPCing them might be a mistake. My bank also has a bunch of the items for he Meridian, not sure if I should NPC those either, so they keep piling up too. So many items we don't know if we'll be needing later or not that we all hold onto. Since PWI keeps giving them to use we might need them at any update...
    Would think PWI would know how to turn those items off if we don't right?

• sensualsoul
    edited January 2017
    eirghan wrote: »
    Same old same old. One person gets banned the rest are free to go xD

I know and it's not right, which is why I did this thread. I don't like this kind of thing and it happen way to often in this game. The rules should apply and be inforce equally or why have them at all!

• sensualsoul
    blazerboy wrote: »
    Don't see why ppl report at all the games community is too damn small to lose more ppl imo
    In this case I reported because as stated before the rules should apply to everyone equally not just to some people some of the time. I don't know about you but I see it as I would the rule of law in real life. Would you want some people to get a pass for robbing, lets say a bank while other are put in jail? Same basic thing. Rules should apply to all the same way all the time.

• forbiddenwords
    forbiddenwords Posts: 321 Arc User
    I don't mind keeping the extra items in game even if I'm maxed out. The elysian seals can be traded for subsiding dirts and the holy/mystical pills can be sold or traded to alts who are not maxed out yet. Everything has a use depending on who's using them. Whatever I don't need anymore I just npc, if they happen to make them useful again in the future i'll just farm them again​​
    BfYIUJc.png
    ☆ Pixel ♥ Heart ☆ Etherblade ☆
  • shopcheese
    shopcheese Posts: 758 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    Ah thats funny. I know they made all elysian seals bound across all the servers after they discovered people started glitching them, but i guess someone hold onto the packs they came from untill after they fixed it. I would have guessed they also had fixed the packs and make newly opened seals bound too, but seems they let the packs stay the same, a little woopsie from PWE (or PWCN?) side.
    But quite interesting.
  • sin20
    sin20 Posts: 237 Arc User
    Yea gotta agree rules dont apply to all , on Dawnglory there is this one guy , a living legend on who no rules apply , we call him simply THE LIMITE.
  • sensualsoul
    shopcheese wrote: »
    Ah thats funny. I know they made all elysian seals bound across all the servers after they discovered people started glitching them, but i guess someone hold onto the packs they came from untill after they fixed it. I would have guessed they also had fixed the packs and make newly opened seals bound too, but seems they let the packs stay the same, a little woopsie from PWE (or PWCN?) side.
    But quite interesting.
    Yeah they fudge something up but ban people that don't even know it's against the rules. If they had fixed it right the first time this would even be an issue. All the seals should be bound by now but are they? Nope! And then to ban only a few people that sell them, in a few cases some people don't even know they shouldn't sell or trade them. New people are not always aware of the no-noes in the game.

• shopcheese
    shopcheese Posts: 758 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    Well making bound seals tradeable is obviously a glitch, and take advantage of glitches to make money is... not something you should.. i think its pretty obvious its against the rules.

But that being said, they do **** up bans all time and they are usually unfair, its like its all random who get banned. Personally i avoid sending tickets completely if i can, i really don't wanna deal with our staff. I had a friend who wanted to change her password, but arc wouldnt accept it because her current password was too long (wtf) so she sent in a ticket... and got banned for a year... i think she mentioned something about csing in the future, they checked her history and as there was no cs history she got perma banned, literally. it took her almost 3 months to get it unbanned, and live support fixed her password issue in 2 minutes.
  • forbiddenwords
    forbiddenwords Posts: 321 Arc User
    shopcheese wrote: »
    Well making bound seals tradeable is obviously a glitch, and take advantage of glitches to make money is... not something you should.. i think its pretty obvious its against the rules.

But that being said, they do **** up bans all time and they are usually unfair, its like its all random who get banned. Personally i avoid sending tickets completely if i can, i really don't wanna deal with our staff. I had a friend who wanted to change her password, but arc wouldnt accept it because her current password was too long (wtf) so she sent in a ticket... and got banned for a year... i think she mentioned something about csing in the future, they checked her history and as there was no cs history she got perma banned, literally. it took her almost 3 months to get it unbanned, and live support fixed her password issue in 2 minutes.

I noticed it depends a lot on which GM you get to assist you on your ticket/issues. I've heard of many cases where different people had the same issues, and while one of them had it sorted out rather quickly, the other one didn't or it took months of persuasion. The whole ban/ticket thing is a gamble/russian roulette like others have said before...which isn't fair at all, everyone should get the same treatment regardless of who is in charge to deal with the problem.
    ​​
    BfYIUJc.png
    ☆ Pixel ♥ Heart ☆ Etherblade ☆
  • eeepsilon
    eeepsilon Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    So Selling Elysian Seal is against the ToS, so my friend was told when she got her 3 day ban for selling some she had bought from a catshop and had extra. And yet I have been seeing people selling Elysian Seal quite openly in world chat and doing so for going on 2 weeks now. And, without anyone doing anything to stop it. So do these rules only apply to some people or only for catshops? If only for some of us mind letting us know if we are you "list" of people that would get banned? Or maybe it's ok to sell them in world chat? I mean if that's true then we should all just sell them in world chat! First though someone tell me, how do you glitch them so they can be traded? See that way we'll all know and can do the same thing. Would make it fair for everyone! I have hundreds of these useless Elysian seal sitting in my bank. Yeah I got all my skills ages ago! Not sure why we are still even getting them!
    I hate when there is a double standard in play, makes my blood boil! And PWI seems to lazy to fix this one!

Mmm I think this is a really interesting question.
    But short answer would be: Support can be extremely random sometimes. So even if you report someone, said person may never get banned depending on who got your ticket, if we also add that they don't discuss about bans is even more hard to know.

On the other hand someone who lets say never violated the TOS before made some mistake, and lets say he got bad luck and was reported to a GM that actually does his job or that is having a bad day :D . Said player made end being perma banned for some really dumb reason.

However I think some people could be exceptions to the rules of this game.
    Before someone quote me, please notice that what I am about to say is nothing more than conjecture based purely on my years of playing this game, and my interaction with other players including some that had abused or violate this game TOS for years without real consequences.

So my theory is quite simple and really not very different from what the name of your thread states but at same time the oposite to it. So lets begin by quoting that.
    Rules appy for some but not for all? WTF PWI!!

I think that in this whole banning/rules/TOS stuff, rules actually apply to most of us but some people are above the law.

You actually say some really interesting things about the whole banning thing:
    So do these rules only apply to some people or only for catshops?
    Again is quite the opposite. Most of people who get reported for a clear violation of the TOS should get banned, but in some cases due to the randomness of the support or do the abuser not being reported, those person would not get banned.
    If only for some of us mind letting us know if we are you "list" of people that would get banned?
    Now this, I must say is one my new Favorite phrases on this whole forum. I really don't know if it was a serious question or sarcasm. If it was sarcasm I must say you Owned my respect thank to that.
    But in case it was not I would answer:
    If you think about it the more accurate answer would be again that is quite the oposite: I mean there could be a "List" but said list is from people that should never be banned for "reasons...."
    :D

So here is my "Theory":
    Some people may actually be on some sort of list, said list could actually be a "Don't ban this person no matter what for reasons... list :D "
    If you think about it, there are persons on this game that have been abusing pretty much all that is posible to be abused
    during years and said people never got the ban hammer, some of them still play and even have to nerve of make fun of it.

Just to give you some short examples:
    • Scammer **** up an insane amount of people during the period of 2012 - 2014. This person get mass reported by almost all his victims plus their factions. So yeah, you have a guy that got reported for more than 200 people, most of them sent proof like, captures and even videos of his swindle.
      Result: Guy never gets banned and he openly admit on WC that he is the scammer, that he f... up all those people and that he would never be banned :D
      He is member of one of the top TW factions
    • Same scammer dude from before change his name to something related to XXX movies and signature all his gear on same way.
      Result: Again some people report him and nothing.
    • Another guy make an army of Illegal 3rd party bots (even before the whole autoculti thing) This guy is really smart and use his bots in pretty much everything that can be abused. He even adapt his bots to jolly old Jones after the whole drop nerf thing.
      The guy have so many and can generate so much money by doing nothing that he have multiple r9s3 toons including a maxed one (+12, full deity, morai card set)
      Result: He still plays and is part of one of the top tw factions.
    • Another guy with an insane amount of accounts (hundreds of accounts) abuse pretty much everything that can be abused, including those codes that give free stuff during years. It also highly probable that a lot of those acc. are actually phished ones.

Result: guy still plays like nothing but he is not too active anymore.

I could keep on and on putting examples but I think that what I am trying to say is quite obvious:
    No matter what excuse PWE have. Some people on this game are flagged to not being banned, Called it "Diplomatic Immunity" if you want... :D

It is true that as I said before support could be really random sometimes. But if a person is reported hundred of times by different people, all of those persons from different parts of the world, not even related some times (like not on same factions or friends or anything), and many times with solid proof of the abuse.
    That should trigger some sort of warning on them, if the abuser triggers an alarm and there is no response to it, there is clearly something fishy about it.

Of course as I said before this are just conjetures so you don't need to take them too seriously, but still is my opinion based on all my years playing this game.
  • kkemz
    kkemz Posts: 73 Arc User
    There is a way of glitching the system I was told when these first came out how to do it, but never did because I didn't think it was fair to do so, I would imagne it can still be done the same way.

I do agree though many times one person will get baned for one thing but someone else doing the same thing will not. It needs to be even acrossed the servers.
  • sensualsoul
    edited January 2017
    @eeepsilon Yeah it was sarcasm. I do wonder though why some people get aways with murder while others that make a small mistake get banned. My friend thought the reason the seals could be bought was because they where a cashed item so didn't think much about buying and then reselling the ones she ended up not needing. If you don't cash much it's easy to miss new items when they come out so, she and I mistakely thought nothing of it. (No I did not buy or sell any but had thought about it to speed up getting my skills to keep up with everyone else.) Makes sense to me I, kind thought that too. I'm not much of a casher, and I don't think she is either so maybe that's why they punshied her and others who are quite openly break this "rule" are not getting banned. Your "list" of people they will never ban makes a lot of sense. Still wrong and if I ever find out it's true it will be the last day I play this game.
  • sensualsoul
    edited January 2017
    So still seeing the seals being sold in world chat and in catshops. Guess I'm right some people just get away with it while other do not. After all this time you would thing that someone in the company would of found a fix for it and made ALL the seals untradeable! Not brain surgery GMs, fix the seal you fix the problem! OR make them all tradeable so everyone can sell them and even the playing field!
  • celtthunder
    celtthunder Posts: 53 Arc User
    sensualsoul said:
    "Would think PWI would know how to turn those items off if we don't right?" referring to items no long of any use.

Uh huh. That's why the landscape is littered with useless DQ drops, even after they took the value away. You don't really expect pwi to fix all these little things that make the game more pleasant do you?? These are the people who don't even notice, let alone fix, the misspellings of 'Keyborads" and "safty' in the "Tips" that have been there for years. That right there tells you a lot about their attention to detail.

I'm very sorry that your friend got banned for something they didn't even realize was illegal. Sometimes I think they're just trying to see how many people they can run out of the game.

I've complained numerous times about constantly getting dc'd in Tideswell, (100's of times by now, and that's the only place it happens) but no one cares.
  • zigheart92
    zigheart92 Posts: 54 Arc User
    They could just bind them again with maintnance. they did it twice. the unbound ones are coming from the preorder elysium packs. no doubt there are people holding onto them specifically to glitch it again if it gets patched. the problem is they stack with current seals, making new tradable ones. The only permanent solution is to alter the preorder pack quest to change or remove the seals. You can't possibly say "i didn't know it was illegal" at this point. as its been in the patch notes TWICE they were fixing it. Its on you if you don't read the patch notes each week.
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    kalystconquerer#0876 Posts: 1,421 Perfect World Employee
    We're approaching some grey areas on discussing what people get banned for and who doesn't (and the conjecture that comes with it). I'll poke my head in and out of this thread, but let's try to steer clear of anything that breaks Forum rules.

Also -
    You don't really expect pwi to fix all these little things that make the game more pleasant do you?? These are the people who don't even notice, let alone fix, the misspellings of 'Keyborads" and "safty' in the "Tips" that have been there for years. That right there tells you a lot about their attention to detail.

We can find these lines in the localization and easily fix these! Kind of odd those were there for so long, but those are pretty painless to take care of. Will pass them along today if I don't get to it myself!
  • sensualsoul
    zigheart92 wrote: »
    They could just bind them again with maintnance. they did it twice. the unbound ones are coming from the preorder elysium packs. no doubt there are people holding onto them specifically to glitch it again if it gets patched. the problem is they stack with current seals, making new tradable ones. The only permanent solution is to alter the preorder pack quest to change or remove the seals. You can't possibly say "i didn't know it was illegal" at this point. as its been in the patch notes TWICE they were fixing it. Its on you if you don't read the patch notes each week.

She was a new player and had not clue where the patch notes where or what they where. Not like PWI gives you any useful info when you first start playing the game. However the problem still remains, people are profiting from the glitch that is as yet NOT fixed.

• sensualsoul
    teabagg wrote: »
    How they would inforce this is something I've been trying to figure out...
    Anyways I know that rule is broken every single day. There is a whole army of alt that belong to one person that does the Primal quest, you can see them around the backpacking quest as he/she takes the quest one by one and moves the alts like a little train along. I know people have tons of alt in Nation Wars too, they just move them from land to land not really playing but getting tokens. The nation with the most alts in it is referred to as the "Alt Nation".Seen lots of people have 3-4 or even more alts in instance too. Never heard of anyone getting banned for it either.
    I think if they did start banning for it lots of players will quit playing the game. Gives the bored players something to keep busy with having an "army" of alts, I would guess. I do play 2 alts, or at least have them online and a friend or two that use their laptops in the house when they come over to play as well. Never thought about that getting any of us banned. That would be the dumbest thing to ban someone for too. As for if it's a family playing and you have to prove it, what do they expect the people to do, hand over birth records, blood tests? I mean how do you "prove" you have a family without letting this company invade your privacy and gain access to personal info.? Not being the trusting type I would tell them to shove it, not handing over info. they might sell or not keep safe. So that rule seems kinda meh to me but good luck to them if they ever to try to inforce it!