Scheduled Server Maintenance [12/20/2016 - 11 PM PST]

kalystconquerer#0876
kalystconquerer#0876 Posts: 1,421 Perfect World Employee
Good evening PWI players!

We will be having our regular server maintenance tonight at 11pm PST. Tonight's maintenance will have a patch!

*Tentative Duration*

Maintenance is expected to last approximately 4 hours, so during that time you will not be able to access the live servers.
*Maintenance times are tentative and are subject to change at any time. Actual end times will vary depending on the progress of the maintenance.

Thank you for your patience and we apologize for the inconvenience.

- The PWI Crew

Tonight's Maintenance Question - What is your favorite storyline/questchain in PWI and why?

Comments

• kmnsenpai
    kmnsenpai Posts: 19 Arc User
    I like the Goshiki's questchain (Coming of Age), because i feel it is a well developed plot story in the game, it's beautiful :)
    Btw, are there any patch notes, or something?
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    kalystconquerer#0876 Posts: 1,421 Perfect World Employee
    No patch notes tonight, just a cash shop update.

I loved Goshiki's questline - I think it ranks among my top favorites personally :D
  • ballenato
    ballenato Posts: 240 Arc User
    Favorite questline??

I forgot the name already, but there is a level 50+- quest, around Towns arrival and Arrowhead manor, that ends up asking u at some point to marry the Elder of Towns Arrival as a quest reward... I got so scared at that point to continue with questline, cuz i didnt wanna get married with an NPC lol... :#
  • celtthunder
    celtthunder Posts: 53 Arc User
    Favorite quest?

Any one that works.

The Mermaid quest in Tideswell dc's me almost every time. I have to relog 3-5 times to get through it. I seldom turn in the bug report anymore. Can this be fixed??? I used to just skip it, but now need the bloods for the new passive skills. I'm not the only one that has this problem in the Tideswell area, feel free to speak up. After months of this, it's very very very tiresome.

The Wednesday Marriage Quest is glitched and won't complete. That's the one where you have to kill minor mobs, and buy ink from an npc, with ChoWen, I think it is.

All the maintenance time, boutique updates, new expansions, and these old old problems can't be fixed?

And I really don't care what Chinese servers have to put up with, I just want the value back on DQ drops, potions, and all the other drops that had the coin value taken off. I have no clue how you expect to get new players if they can't even make enough from drops for repairs. It's actually pretty trashy to have these worthless drops littering the landscape, kind of looks like nobody cares - which I don't doubt.
  • eternalghost
    eternalghost Posts: 154 Arc User
    I think the morai quests where really fun initially. My favourite quests would have to be the little obscure hidden ones like you find in lunar trophy mode etc
    Kymsplat - Sin -

103 - 103 - 102
    Etherblade
    My Gear: http://mypers.pw/10/#543295
    My Youtube Channel: youtu.be/zyiaSCxQ_KY
  • catgirldesu
    catgirldesu Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    Favourite quest-chain/storylines include (in no particular order):

- Niang Hu's story from the Venomancer "new fox form" quest.
    - Goshiki's story from the Coming of Age quest.
    - The entirety of Morai from it's various quests and quest chains.
    - Twilight Temple's story though I forgot what quests you learn it from.
    - Old Heaven's Tear story through that very long quest chain. Bonus points; you get to visit the land of City of Lost in the past and discover what had happened there so many years ago. Makes you curious how the Untamed ended up building their city there.

I'd say the Sage/Demon Cultivation as well, but honestly I don't remember much about it. The Primal World had a fairly interesting story as well but since we got updates at different times, I ended up forgetting parts of it so the new additions just made me confused as to what's going on and I gave up.

I honestly believe PWI has some compelling stories/quests, and a world building few players know of. If the rumors of the engine upgrade are true, I hope PWCN will put effort into bringing these stories out in the same way newer MMOs do it. More interactive storytelling and NPCs, cinematics and a way to make quests more immersive.
    ​​
  • sneakingzoe
    sneakingzoe Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    Good Morning,

What is your favorite storyline/questchain in PWI and why?

- Twilight Temples Background Story
    - Morai Story
    - Prime Story

Many players just clicking through them for pushing forward.
    I like to read these main story lines by going through such quests and fascinated how PWI is building this MMO universe.
    Also I like to check-out side-quest story lines and their funny relations to PWI universe according to storyline.

For future I still have a little hope that it will be more pushed to interaction and not only written in some quest boxes; especially added with sense of humor.

Have a nice day,
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,795 Community Moderator
    Crono Quests. Well Developed Story line.
    Goshiki's story from the Coming of Age quest.
    Primal Story Quest Line.

As you can see im a big fan of longer Quests / Story Lines. Sadly PWI has lost a lot of the original story in new content. Yes it may be linked.​​