Spirit Skill

Options
tolots
tolots Posts: 103 Arc User
When i came back a little over a year ago i learned about the spirit skill and how powerful it is.

At this time i have read on this forum that the Spirit skill stat has diminishing returns as higher it gets like 1 atk level and 1 def level each 10 spirit until it gets over 1500? and after this its 0.8 and on 2k+ it become useless.

I can't find this post anymore, first is this true and second still valid after this update ? Its very easy to get 2k spirit now and from the looks all the new gear on CN expansion will add spirit aswell. I tryed to search for "spirit" but a godzillion treads are popping up wich have nothing to do with my question and on wiki i can not find any info about diminishing returns of this stat. Can someone help me out here please ?

Comments

• angellicdeity
    angellicdeity Posts: 641 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    Options
    People used misleading language. Having 2K+ spirit is far from useless. A 2200+ spirit player will still hit hard on a 2000 spirit player. It's just the gap isn't as big, meaning for the same amount of coin or money, its worth looking somewhere else to find the OP gap. Make no mistake, a 2500 spirit player will hit much harder than a person barely breaking 2100. On napkin the difference is not that big. However, in game with debuffs flowing around it can be a 2-6K damage difference.
  • iw8ing4u
    iw8ing4u Posts: 37 Arc User
    Options
    well.... as far as i know and some math i seen with some formula here in forum not sure where... the thing is this... the effect of 1500 spirit player vs 1200 spirit player is less then the effect of 700 spirit player vs 400 spirit player even if the 300 spirit difernce same. in any way more spirit better... same as everything else in this game
  • tolots
    tolots Posts: 103 Arc User
    Options
    Thank you for clearing this up :smiley:
  • perrion
    perrion Posts: 165 Arc User
    Options
    The formula is simple. Add 1000 to each of the Spirit values you're comparing. Then to see what % difference it makes to your attacks, divide your new number by your opponents, or vice versa if you want to see how their attacks hit you.

So:
    1500 vs 1200 = 2500/2200 = 1.136 = +13.6% damage
    2500 vs 2200 = 3500/3200 = 1.094 = +9.4% damage