New Game Engine In Development

124»

Comments

• archoeyrda#7167
    archoeyrda#7167 Posts: 53 Arc User
    Interview (rough translation)

Q: for the ongoing engine development, what should the players expect for the future Perfect World?

Wanmei: Our goal is to create a quality game, and not just on the game's contents, because we must keep with the trends of today.

In the present, we are still in the early stage of the development of the new engine, but we also need to solve the relevant technical problems of the game. With our current team's experience in technology, I believe that we will soon fill these holes.

The new engine will also be able to enhance dynamic distance/range view, lighting effects, detailed mapping, and other aspects of bringing the game into a better game visuals. In addition, we will also be committed to creating a 3D picture, double lens three-dimensional effect, so that the visuals will be more realistic and vivid.

The latest engine will be able to fully render the unique impact of destructible environment effects, the whole new 3D models, layer by layer rendering, glow effects, more dynamic character customization, and more. We spared no effort to build the game world to look realistic. From the mountains to the forest, from towns to its surrounding structures, we will bring a new visual experience for the players.

Q: as a classic game, "Perfect World", will there be another projects on the same IP in the future?

Wanmei: In the present, the "Perfect World" IP is being made in various different versions in different platforms such as the mobile versions of Perfect World (China), as well as in film/television (China), music (China), etc.

Perfect World's game content is very rich, and the plot is ups and downs. As one the development team, we will continue to focus on the development of the new engine with the use the of cutting-edge technologies today.

Q: "Perfect World" has been running for 10 years now, what is the plan for the next ten years?

Wanmei: We hope to build a sustaining, long-term title, instead of remaking it. Our philosophy is to brand with the user's growth and enhance their gaming experience, to more and more value, and more and more rich game contents. On this basis, we hope that "Perfect World" along with the overall new developments, the 5 emperors; prior to the map expansion of the Perfect World's main map (such as the Western Steppes, Midlands, etc.), can be presented into the game in the future one by one.

In the next 10 years, our R & D team will pay more attention to the player's gaming experience, so that players can really enjoy the game, and fully experience the diversity of the game. At the same time, we will also focus on the cultural connotation of the game. We will continue to improve the game world, as well as to dig deep and expand the game content, making "Perfect World" perfect.
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,795 Community Moderator
    Interview (rough translation)

Q: for the ongoing engine development, what should the players expect for the future Perfect World?

Wanmei: Our goal is to create a quality game, and not just on the game's contents, because we must keep with the trends of today.

In the present, we are still in the early stage of the development of the new engine, but we also need to solve the relevant technical problems of the game. With our current team's experience in technology, I believe that we will soon fill these holes.

The new engine will also be able to enhance dynamic distance/range view, lighting effects, detailed mapping, and other aspects of bringing the game into a better game visuals. In addition, we will also be committed to creating a 3D picture, double lens three-dimensional effect, so that the visuals will be more realistic and vivid.

The latest engine will be able to fully render the unique impact of destructible environment effects, the whole new 3D models, layer by layer rendering, glow effects, more dynamic character customization, and more. We spared no effort to build the game world to look realistic. From the mountains to the forest, from towns to its surrounding structures, we will bring a new visual experience for the players.

Q: as a classic game, "Perfect World", will there be another projects on the same IP in the future?

Wanmei: In the present, the "Perfect World" IP is being made in various different versions in different platforms such as the mobile versions of Perfect World (China), as well as in film/television (China), music (China), etc.

Perfect World's game content is very rich, and the plot is ups and downs. As one the development team, we will continue to focus on the development of the new engine with the use the of cutting-edge technologies today.

Q: "Perfect World" has been running for 10 years now, what is the plan for the next ten years?

Wanmei: We hope to build a sustaining, long-term title, instead of remaking it. Our philosophy is to brand with the user's growth and enhance their gaming experience, to more and more value, and more and more rich game contents. On this basis, we hope that "Perfect World" along with the overall new developments, the 5 emperors; prior to the map expansion of the Perfect World's main map (such as the Western Steppes, Midlands, etc.), can be presented into the game in the future one by one.

In the next 10 years, our R & D team will pay more attention to the player's gaming experience, so that players can really enjoy the game, and fully experience the diversity of the game. At the same time, we will also focus on the cultural connotation of the game. We will continue to improve the game world, as well as to dig deep and expand the game content, making "Perfect World" perfect.

Interesting...

I have wondered...
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    kalystconquerer#0876 Posts: 1,421 Perfect World Employee
    When was that interview, just out of curiosity?

I can ask all I want, but even if I get answers about it, I might not really be able to share anything I learn without their permission. Just the nature of the beast, especially in this day and age where you have games that go into long stints of development then have unforseen issues and then end up getting in trouble for not delivering on time or at all :(
  • orangeitis
    orangeitis Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    Yeah, you're under NDA and all. Your best answers to us is "there are currently no plans" if it's no and "stay tuned" if it's yes or probably.

I do hope a new game engine is being developed for this game. I have a lot of time I'd like to invest into it if it ever happens. Any help on figuring this issue out is greatly appreciated though!

Edit: Compilation of links in this thread for you, @kalystconquerer#0876.
    http://w2i.wanmei.com/news/gamenews/20161024/77701.shtml
    http://games.sina.com.cn/ol/n/2016-10-23/fxwztru6909704-p2.shtml
    http://mp037jm24.mapyourshow.com/7_0/exhibitor/exhibitor-details.cfm?ExhID=rgP7FpEJ
    http://2p.com/44878171_1/TGS-2016-Perfect-World-International-Mobile-Surprise-Us-by-shaylynsun.html
    Post edited by orangeitis on
  • bangbang
    bangbang Posts: 127 Arc User
    Too bad this isn't made for perfect world and they are not updating perfect world. Our version is called Perfect World 2 in pwcn and that game engine they teasered only has a code name and is closely based off perfect world and forsaken world but it isn't the same game at all. Stop trying to make this rumor true because that is just a new game they are working on.
  • heerohex#3018
    @bangbang guess we like guessing as much as you.

We have no idea it's for pwi.
    pwi and pw2 and PWCN are the same thing. PW1 is a pay subscribe in cn only.

The same is true the other way as well we have no idea it's not for pwi.

If you have evidence then please post it. As this will clear this up if not then for now most of us Hope it's for pwi and what we know and have seen yes is not fact but hope . PWCN pw2.
  • orangeitis
    If that interview is legit, then the devs hae no problem with the info being out in the open, thus @kalystconquerer#0876 would probably have had a go-ahead to tell us already. I'm not too hopeful about this rumor.
  • heerohex#3018
    Lol again it proves nothing.

She still may have simply been told pwi being a sub company can't say anything.

I really don't have much hope on this but I know for a fact they have said this is something they will look at... But never we are doing...
  • orangeitis
    I suppose that's true. I guess there are a lot of factors to consider here.
  • angellicdeity
    angellicdeity Posts: 641 Arc User
    While I would like better graphics - I would like it not to lag during TW, XTW.
  • archoeyrda#7167
    archoeyrda#7167 Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    When was that interview, just out of curiosity?

I can ask all I want, but even if I get answers about it, I might not really be able to share anything I learn without their permission. Just the nature of the beast, especially in this day and age where you have games that go into long stints of development then have unforseen issues and then end up getting in trouble for not delivering on time or at all :(

October 2016
    http://games.sina.com.cn/ol/n/2016-10-22/fxwztrt0155768.shtml?cre=gamepagepc&mod=f&loc=1&r=99&doct=0&rfunc=3
  • werewolves#6809
    werewolves#6809 Posts: 137 Arc User
    Not quite 100% with the topic of this thread but some what.

Anyone noticed other than me that npc looks and mob looks have changed recently? Been working on some old chars though that long rebirth chain (i.e. npcs in sanctuary) and noticed this npcs looked a lot better, and on my catshop seek I noticed that soem of the mobs in celesieal vale look differnt (i.e. the owl near 19)
  • orangeitis
    Well we haven't heard back from @kalystconquerer#0876 about this. I'm confident that if we weren't getting a new game engine, Kalyst would have came and told us by now, as there'd be nothing to keep from us. Not to give anyone's hopes up on this though.