How late is TOO late to start crafting?

I never did any of the quests for any crafting skills on my DB. Now, I want to level craftsman on her but cant. At level 101 she has none of the basic books to get started with. The bookmerchants also have nothing to sell me nor do the elders have anything for me in the way of skills. At least when you do the basic quests for them you have 0/10 to the right of your crafting skills. I have nothing. The only way I can see to get the skill started is through a Craftsman Training I pack in the boutique for $30. It has the basic book in it. Is there any other way to accomplish this?

Comments

• dblazen1
    dblazen1 Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    Did you do the starter quests for them?
    I'm asking because it's not clear to me if you did or not, you mention the basic quests for them you have 0/10 on the right, but the quest should give you the book in the first place, after that you can buy it in case you've lost it.

For duskblades it would be in dawnglory at the dawnglory elder, check if he has any quests for you there?
    Specifically:
    Tailor (28+)
    Craftsman (28+)
    Blacksmith (28+)
    Apothecary (28+)

If you are absolutely sure you did those quests, then check at the book merchant NPC (Bookmerchant Han Mensin) in dawnglory​​
    Jws3dXe.gif
    The only fitting image for this forum.

• starannef
    starannef Posts: 2 Arc User
    I didnt.. I did none of the starting crafting quests like an idiot. Beside all my crafting skills is nothing.. ziltch, nada. lol My other toons have at least a 0/10 next to their skills because i actually did the starting quests on them. Just not my DB because i was too impatient and ended up **** myself by leaving the starting zone early, not being patient and doing the quests i needed to do. I think the only way to fix this is to buy the advanced crafting guild for each skill i want to level @ $30 each.
  • sarahcolt
    sarahcolt Posts: 1 Arc User
    Levelled a new character on the same account to the point of getting the basic craftsman book. Then put it in account stash and was able to go from there. \o/