CN whats up with that

laiwaisan
laiwaisan Posts: 1,123 Arc User
edited August 2016 in General Discussion
Ok so the office for Pwi is in san fran right at least that's what BBB says and so we rent a game and i think its on servers in the usa right?

So why cant you do your own terms or tell cn you can have your game back i mean most companies well work with you and don't want to lose a client so why do pwi take orders from cn ?

How much is the lease and when is the lease up ?

It just dont make sense why we don't have our own version of perfect world.

Its not our fault cn has boters and massive amount of hackers or what ever excuse they use to handy cap there version of the game.

Lets face it where better bigger ideals guessing a bigger clientele there are other versions of this game on those private servers which i don't trust at all but some of the things they done are insane i don't recommend private pw version im just pointing out some the things are possible.

fash cheap 1-5 gold anything you want any color you want when you buy it
pets anything that isn't a boss on the board is tameable veno heaven
stats on perm wep fash which the perm wep fash we are now just getting but i saw stats on the wep fash on other version there bonus boosts
more rare pet spawning no bound eggs
mass tattoo fash
more customization options veno and barb color fur and color tail and height for all races small child size and eyes with effects

basically some crazy stuff but cool however i wouldn't trust some sketchy app running on my pc but i know this game has so much possibilities cant we just go rogue with pwi lol

Pwi is legal and has its roots so i trust it obvious these other versions or **** and god knows what they put in the exe file or application and i sure as heck not going to trust real money or credit card to some one running an illegal copy of this game lol thats just stupid.

But i have seen some cool stuff why we taking orders from Cn as long as they get paid they should be happy.

Or maybe im missing something does CN actually own business here and pwi there actually one in the same except the other ones over seas?

Hows this all work in layman's terms im very curious to really know because i always thought pwi was its own solo company that rents the license from cn?

Ps just wanted to point out something before i go get something to drink some of the amazing things i seen aren't all in one game so you aren't going to find all that in one version just pointing out that they are possible but wouldn't that be insane if our version of pw did we would rule
Post edited by laiwaisan on

Comments

• laiwaisan
    edited August 2016
    ohhh one thing i still have not seen is non gender fash or fash weps or the weird thing is why are the fash weps class specific i have a toon that can use fists but i cant buy the punching gloves fash or use cause its class specific?
  • writerred
    writerred Posts: 68 Arc User
    The main reason to answer your question is that the company PWE (not PWI) is owned by Wanmei (not CN).
  • ayejay101
    ayejay101 Posts: 238 Arc User
    If at all anything, it wouldn't be leased, it would be licensed.
    Which in that case they wouldn't be able to change anything and we'd have a Chinese PW in the "International" market.

Not sure of how Brazil, and Russia run their versions, or how they are managed for updates and such.
    ​​
    GreenLegend Cleric 105-105-105
    Historic Leader

23nupk.jpg
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • dblazen1
    dblazen1 Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    Ok, here we go.

Lets get a few things straight first:
    1. PWI = Perfect World International = the game.
    2. PWE = Perfect World Entertainment = a publisher / licensor
    3. PW (or also reffered to as PWCN) = Perfect World
    4. I am strictly speaking about PWI in belong comments, so if i say PWE is not a developer, I mean that as in PWE is not a developer for PWI.
    laiwaisan wrote: »
    Ok so the office for Pwi is in san fran right at least that's what BBB says and so we rent a game and i think its on servers in the usa right?
    The HQ of Perfect World Entertainment (publisher in america) is in California, the HQ for Perfect World (company) is in Beijing (in china) and later also in California.
    Then there's also Perfect World Europe, located in Amsterdam, but is pretty much owned by perfect world entertainment, so to make it easier, let's just say perfect world europe is the same as perfect world entertainment.

To play PWI in america, the servers are in america. So Perfect World Entertainment has servers in america and europe.

So why cant you do your own terms or tell cn you can have your game back i mean most companies well work with you and don't want to lose a client so why do pwi take orders from cn ?
    Because PWE is simply a publisher, not a developer. They license the game from perfect world to publish it in america / europe

That is something we will never know because that's company confidential stuff

See my previous point, PWE = licencor/publisher, they don't develop the game.

Its not our fault cn has boters and massive amount of hackers or what ever excuse they use to handy cap there version of the game.
    Yeah, because clearly, we never had bots, so frankly, I don't care, but that's my opinion on that

Lets face it where better bigger ideals guessing a bigger clientele there are other versions of this game on those private servers which i don't trust at all but some of the things they done are insane i don't recommend private pw version im just pointing out some the things are possible.
    Possible, yes, plausible, no. There's a reason why most private servers don't last long generally (and also the fact that people have to donate for those servers to not die)

stats on perm wep fash which the perm wep fash we are now just getting but i saw stats on the wep fash on other version there bonus boosts
    mass tattoo fash
    more customization options veno and barb color fur and color tail and height for all races small child size and eyes with effects

basically some crazy stuff but cool however i wouldn't trust some sketchy app running on my pc but i know this game has so much possibilities cant we just go rogue with pwi lol
    No, because that would be a breach of a license, which would cause any company a lot of trouble.

Pwi is legal and has its roots so i trust it obvious these other versions or **** and god knows what they put in the exe file or application and i sure as heck not going to trust real money or credit card to some one running an illegal copy of this game lol thats just stupid.
    can't really comment here, but damn, paranoia.

But i have seen some cool stuff why we taking orders from Cn as long as they get paid they should be happy.
    I don't understand this sentence. "we" (there is no we in this, just PWE) are taking orders because it's only a license to publish said game. That license will pretty much say something along the lines of "you will publish the game as-is and make no modifications, etc."

Or maybe im missing something does CN actually own business here and pwi there actually one in the same except the other ones over seas?
    No, you're just missing the meaning of the word licensing and publishing.

Hows this all work in layman's terms im very curious to really know because i always thought pwi was its own solo company that rents the license from cn?
    Yes, they license from CN, and license says they can't change the game. Just like almost every other license ever if you want to publish a game. Publishers don't modify game code, the developers do.

Ps just wanted to point out something before i go get something to drink some of the amazing things i seen aren't all in one game so you aren't going to find all that in one version just pointing out that they are possible but wouldn't that be insane if our version of pw did we would rule
    Yeah, and PWI would also be dead in a matter of months, private servers are some of the most cancerous servers to roam the face of the earth, i've been on my share of them, and the fun didn't last all that long. It's a massive LOOK AT MAH EPEEN STROKE LOL PWI SUCKS IF I HAD THIS GEAR THERE I'D FACEROLL EVERYONE LOLOLOL.
    Funny thing is that most of those people were complete **** on PWI anyway
    ​​
    Jws3dXe.gif
    The only fitting image for this forum.

• heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,803 Community Moderator
    Sorry I believe this is a fair point.

As a publisher or promoter you would have a level of control that will maintain the Promotion of the game as well as keep it right for the players. PWI as we have found does not meet PWCN to the standard we accept.

I.E. we are different in game and styles as well as player base and Hackers / Cheaters. In this instance if PWE where more efficient in enforcing the rules from the set go it would likely be in a better state. I dont understand why we did not have a system in place better than the report function that was not looked after.

The point stands the game is still running even with all these. Along with Gear gap which has got so stupid its unreal. Many other things as well.

Ill put it this way If I let PWE run a game I designed They would have access to needed functions but major changes would need to be completed by a Dev that was able to understand the code and setup.

Argue this point all you want but would you want to have a Car that you could only turn on and off? Yes not the point but it shows the point in a good way of speaking.​​
  • eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    Ooo i am glad i came back to this. Excellent explanation and points both of you @dblazen1 and @heero200
  • freygin
    freygin Posts: 737 Arc User
    I'm sure PWE has talented ppl that have ideas to make PWI even a better game, but even if cn allows customization like private servers do, once cn releases new patch, it might mess up stuffs, unless they collaborate on every changes, but that'd mean a lot of work for both parties.

There are also many other countries that publish perfect world, if they all were allowed to make changes, imagine how cn syncs new patches to all of them, sure they might do custom stuffs for every publisher, but I bet it's in their control, wild customization like private servers do might mess things up when they have new contents.

• heerohex#3018
    edited August 2016
    Im still to a point that the DEVs should be the only one to add new features, Weapons, Instances, Buffs. To a point this would keep the game easier to manage.

One of the things I really think PWE should be able to do is a TW XTW reset. I could cover many topics with this as well. Ill Say a few TW/Event times (If they where not Hard Coded). DQ Item Prices.

The above could be completed using a UI on the Web Interface for the servers where the 2x buttons are. My Example has been said many times. TW Reset Button. This would reset all the TW map areas and send out rewards based on faction holdings. Really this needs a system to do this after you tell it how many months you want it to run for but hey...

DQ - Select DQ Price settings for this server 1 - 1 Coin Per DQ / 2 - DQ do not drop when using auto culty (But DQ prices are normal if not) 3 - DQ items are set at normal price.

Yes a few other functions in that part. PWE would be able to adjust these options like X2 as well for DQ weekends ETC... Im really ranting now but anything is possible with a bit of work and thinking.

Select Server TW Season Length (IE 1 Month - 3 Months - 6 Months - No Seasons)ETC
    Select Server TW start Day/ time/End time
    Select Server NW Start Day/time
    Select Server Navi event Day/time
    Select server PvP event Day/time
    Select Hypers Reset time
    Select BH Reset time

A few things that really have no need to be changed from what they are but its to show the point. Covered.

Allowing PWE to add in what ever they wanted would be or could be CHAOS Theory 101. But like I said some variables should with out a thought be left to the Publisher. In all fairness once these where worked out and set-up they would not have to be changed again unless a new even or system was added...​​
    Post edited by heerohex#3018 on
  • rieihdius
    rieihdius Posts: 468 Arc User
    I think that dblazen1 explained this really well.

Just one thing to add to this thread, since many people tend to confuse PWE, PWI, PW PWC, etc.. (Too many PWs :D )

As far as I know PWE (Perfect World Entertainment) is owned by Perfect World Co., Ltd. wich is indeed a China based video game company. So while PWE may look like a western publisher who can do whatever it wants, in reality PWE is nothing more than a company that is property of the China's one. So in other words there is not much say on PWE side about anything. It is not like PW Co (Perfect World China or even wanmei if you want to call it like that) owns any explanation to PWE, it is in fact the opposite

To put it more simple:
    PW Co. (or Perfect World China if people want to call it that way) = PWE parent company or PWE Boss

Perfect World Co., Ltd also owns some other devs like like Runic Games and Cryptic Studios.
    So again it is not PWE who own those, but PW Co.

You can say that PWE and Runic Games are sister companies as an example.

Of course I could be wrong and something may have changed in the last year, but honestly I don't think so.

• laiwaisan
    dblazen1 wrote: »
    Ok, here we go.

Lets get a few things straight first:
    1. PWI = Perfect World International = the game.
    2. PWE = Perfect World Entertainment = a publisher / licensor
    3. PW (or also reffered to as PWCN) = Perfect World
    4. I am strictly speaking about PWI in belong comments, so if i say PWE is not a developer, I mean that as in PWE is not a developer for PWI.
    laiwaisan wrote: »
    The HQ of Perfect World Entertainment (publisher in america) is in California, the HQ for Perfect World (company) is in Beijing (in china) and later also in California.
    Then there's also Perfect World Europe, located in Amsterdam, but is pretty much owned by perfect world entertainment, so to make it easier, let's just say perfect world europe is the same as perfect world entertainment.

To play PWI in america, the servers are in america. So Perfect World Entertainment has servers in america and europe.

Because PWE is simply a publisher, not a developer. They license the game from perfect world to publish it in america / europe

That is something we will never know because that's company confidential stuff

See my previous point, PWE = licencor/publisher, they don't develop the game.

Yeah, because clearly, we never had bots, so frankly, I don't care, but that's my opinion on that

Possible, yes, plausible, no. There's a reason why most private servers don't last long generally (and also the fact that people have to donate for those servers to not die)

mass tattoo fash

No, because that would be a breach of a license, which would cause any company a lot of trouble.

can't really comment here, but damn, paranoia.

I don't understand this sentence. "we" (there is no we in this, just PWE) are taking orders because it's only a license to publish said game. That license will pretty much say something along the lines of "you will publish the game as-is and make no modifications, etc."

No, you're just missing the meaning of the word licensing and publishing.

Yes, they license from CN, and license says they can't change the game. Just like almost every other license ever if you want to publish a game. Publishers don't modify game code, the developers do.

Yeah, and PWI would also be dead in a matter of months, private servers are some of the most cancerous servers to roam the face of the earth, i've been on my share of them, and the fun didn't last all that long. It's a massive LOOK AT MAH EPEEN STROKE LOL PWI SUCKS IF I HAD THIS GEAR THERE I'D FACEROLL EVERYONE LOLOLOL.
    Funny thing is that most of those people were complete **** on PWI anyway
    ​​

I think that answers every question i ever had lol wow

So the bottom line is if we want to change anything we need to voice ourselves on there cn forums where they cant really ignore us lol and go straight at them because here where limited.

• heerohex#3018
    If the Devs or Team that decides what gets done Says "NO" regardless then its not going to happen.

Many things I would like to see PWE / PWI be able to do. But at this point in the game life we are unlikely to see any changes.

Last note tho never say never we said SEX change / Name Change ETC would never happen and well... Look...​​
  • arspaulina#4310
    arspaulina#4310 Posts: 347 Community Moderator
    There's only so much that PWE can do, based off the responses Orinj gives..perhaps there has to be a way they have to do things to try and make things better International side without ticking CN off too much.

The Russian version is not published by PWE it's a different company iirc, but there might be some licensing there as well happening.

Though there is a small caveat to what dblazen is mentioning - we do have modifications to our version and additions that can be made, but it might have to go through numerous hoops to get implemented OR has to be done without much interference (like how the DQ system was). We have NPC's removed and forges added/reworked for our version (I'm looking at you, you icky boundless forges), so there can be "exclusive" International things made. It just...might not exactly be the way we quite envision it. Probably at best - cosmetic stuff, NPC's that can be summoned etc. Oh wait, we had our Rank 9 made exclusive for us never mind. But yeah. There's tweaks done to our version for sure.
    ⋆Have a question? Feel free to shoot me an ask!⋆
  • dingo488
    dingo488 Posts: 936 Arc User
    Thousands of people play PWI and only 20 people are complaining on the forums about things, and those 20 people aren't even on the same page... Everyone complains about something else and everyone wants a different solution.

You are basically saying you want PWE to rent (very important!) a car for you, but to then spray it in a different color because you dont like the current one.

And you want a red car instead
    but billy wants a blue car
    and joe wants a pink car
    and so on...

And for PWE to even change the color of a rental car is gonna cost them way more money than you are willing to give PWE once they do rent the car for you. So Im not sure what people expect PWE to do...

Put everyones opinions in a hat n then draw 1 of them and waste a lot of money on that one change to then see all the other people are even more unhappy than before?

No one in PWE plays PWI as much as any of us do, they dont know the issues with the game, and everyone on the forums is complaining about completely different stuff, and 90% of it conflicts with eachother. Even if they wanted to ''make this game great again'' (dank) they wudnt know how to.
  • arspaulina#4310
    arspaulina#4310 Posts: 347 Community Moderator
    edited August 2016
    dingo488 wrote: »
    Thousands of people play PWI and only 20 people are complaining on the forums about things, and those 20 people aren't even on the same page... Everyone complains about something else and everyone wants a different solution.

You are basically saying you want PWE to rent (very important!) a car for you, but to then spray it in a different color because you dont like the current one.

And you want a red car instead
    but billy wants a blue car
    and joe wants a pink car
    and so on...

And for PWE to even change the color of a rental car is gonna cost them way more money than you are willing to give PWE once they do rent the car for you. So Im not sure what people expect PWE to do...

Put everyones opinions in a hat n then draw 1 of them and waste a lot of money on that one change to then see all the other people are even more unhappy than before?

No one in PWE plays PWI as much as any of us do, they dont know the issues with the game, and everyone on the forums is complaining about completely different stuff, and 90% of it conflicts with eachother. Even if they wanted to ''make this game great again'' (dank) they wudnt know how to.

Actually this is untrue, there are a few staff that play this game. Those that play without letting people know are some of the reasons why you're seeing some suggestions being implemented. I think they know the things they'd like to see change, but again, they don't always have carte blanche. Something something CN devs something something.

You can't please everyone but yes, there's a small handful of people who come here and while they don't speak for the whole, I think some ideas are lifted from here and discussed as well as monitoring whats being said in-game.

EDIT : Part of the post sounded weird when I reread it lol
    ⋆Have a question? Feel free to shoot me an ask!⋆
  • dblazen1
    dblazen1 Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    There's only so much that PWE can do, based off the responses Orinj gives..perhaps there has to be a way they have to do things to try and make things better International side without ticking CN off too much.

The Russian version is not published by PWE it's a different company iirc, but there might be some licensing there as well happening.

Though there is a small caveat to what dblazen is mentioning - we do have modifications to our version and additions that can be made, but it might have to go through numerous hoops to get implemented OR has to be done without much interference (like how the DQ system was). We have NPC's removed and forges added/reworked for our version (I'm looking at you, you icky boundless forges), so there can be "exclusive" International things made. It just...might not exactly be the way we quite envision it. Probably at best - cosmetic stuff, NPC's that can be summoned etc. Oh wait, we had our Rank 9 made exclusive for us never mind. But yeah. There's tweaks done to our version for sure.

Yes that's true, I never said we don't get anything exclusive, the thing is to get it PWE has to request it from China.
    While in the past, that seemed to have gone a lot smoother than today, especially when you take the response orinj got from China about the proc rate on purify spell: "it's identical". Even when trying to talk about it, it got shot down immediatly as, it's identical, your proof does not matter a tiny tidsy bit. Even asterelle pointed out the absolute truth about it and that the proc rate is completely different.
    China just doesn't seem to want to care about the international version lately anymore.

So to get something, PWE has to request it, yes. But that was not the point I was making, the point is that PWE itself is not allowed to make modifications to the game. They have to request it. I didn't mention that part.
    Jws3dXe.gif
    The only fitting image for this forum.

• heerohex#3018

Some of the changes you say where in place before PWCN had R9. R9RR ETC.

Im going to mention something as well now. Really what a lot of this comes down to is in the past poor management of this game. I believe they are no longer with us as far as this is headed now its harder to fix issues than to prevent them.

Why smash the bottle of wine if you can stop it happening, Long term your saving your self cleaning up after.

ha doing well with the this and that today.​​
  • laiwaisan
    i think our game awesome just was trying to figure out why in gods name would you put a governor on a lambo for 60 mph an hour when it can do 210mph an hour you wouldn't do that to a sports car why the hell you do that to this game