If our (USA) R999/Limitless Purify Weapons had ~5% Purify Proc Chance, How would you build endgame?

eirghan
eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
edited August 2016 in General Discussion
Just a question that entered my mind considering current topics. I wonder if as many mages would bother with the rank 9 weapon if the proc chance was different!

If our (USA) R999/Limitless Purify Weapons had ~5% Purify Proc Chance, How would you build endgame? 10 votes

I'm a DPS mage - I would go for r999 weapon
30%
zentfamilydregenfoxacblack 3 votes
I'm a DPS mage - I would keep r8r Purify and roll for extra stats (extra magic etc)
0%
I'm a support mage - I would go for r999 weapon
10%
shopcheese 1 vote
I'm a support mage - I would go for r8r Purify and roll for extra stats (extra defense levels etc)
20%
sasquatch87eirghan 2 votes
I would roll a GOF or Purge class
20%
aphroditaalphalordking 2 votes
Other (Explain)
10%
sjampie 1 vote
I wouldn't bother with a purify weapon at all (Explain)
10%
ironpwner 1 vote

Comments

• arspaulina#4310
    arspaulina#4310 Posts: 347 Community Moderator
    Hmmm I'm not too sure -since I rolled Mystic I'd lean towards as much survivability as possible or at least the chance to "get away" (but I HATE relying on luck to save me ha! So maybe it's not the absolute top of my priority list of having it proc when I need it to? I'm probably in the minority, since I'm so used to dying so fast, I never see it be useful lol) I mean, can the Rank 8 recasts put people at the same levels as those who roll with Rank 9? I'll admit I just never have touched Rank 8 ever since I've invested in Rank 9 and always wondered why my Rank 8 stuff sold so well.

I'm too attached to my Mystic too so I probably wouldn't reroll either (even though I tinker around with HA veno builds, SB and I used to main a Cleric). Sorry I'm rambly I haven't gotten my tea yet :P
    ⋆Have a question? Feel free to shoot me an ask!⋆
  • eirghan
    I'm a support mage - I would go for r8r Purify and roll for extra stats (extra defense levels etc)
    Hmmm I'm not too sure -since I rolled Mystic I'd lean towards as much survivability as possible or at least the chance to "get away" (but I HATE relying on luck to save me ha! So maybe it's not the absolute top of my priority list of having it proc when I need it to? I'm probably in the minority, since I'm so used to dying so fast, I never see it be useful lol) I mean, can the Rank 8 recasts put people at the same levels as those who roll with Rank 9? I'll admit I just never have touched Rank 8 ever since I've invested in Rank 9 and always wondered why my Rank 8 stuff sold so well.

I'm too attached to my Mystic too so I probably wouldn't reroll either (even though I tinker around with HA veno builds, SB and I used to main a Cleric). Sorry I'm rambly I haven't gotten my tea yet :P

Mmmm *pours tea for ars* No I like hearing rambles from you it's interesting. So an r9 Mystic? They are a very neat class. If I didnt have my two classes I think I would do that or cleric as well!monkey-1.gif​​
  • dregenfox
    dregenfox Posts: 713 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    I definitely would go R999 on my mage no matter what the proc chance was. Purify isn't strictly required on them considering their kiting capabilities and escapes, and given their mediocre dps as a caster.

On my mystic I would have probably rolled a full def level +12 R8rr wep and kept absorb soul at lvl 10, and tried to abuse/rely more on their multiple ways to add weapon damage to their base for offensive capabilities. Would have also gone demon for support nuking and dps over charm-bypassing.
  • arspaulina#4310
    arspaulina#4310 Posts: 347 Community Moderator
    dregenfox wrote: »
    I definitely would go R999 on my mage no matter what the proc chance was. Purify isn't strictly required on them considering their kiting capabilities and escapes, and given their mediocre dps as a caster.

On my mystic I would have probably rolled a full def level +12 R8rr wep and kept absorb soul at lvl 10, and tried to abuse/rely more on their multiple ways to add weapon damage to their base for offensive capabilities. Would have also gone demon for support nuking and dps over charm-bypassing.

Feel free to join the club at any time-we have cookies here >:D And considering some of the new stuff Mystic is getting in the next update...so delicious. Any reason why the the thought of keeping Absorb Soul at lvl 10?

@eirghan Don't get me wrong I love cleric, but TW's just were murder all things considered. I generally like support/healing classes but it also paints the fatest of targets on your head. The only thing I'm currently wrestling with is deciding between full JOSD or Full Drakes. I've been gathering up both slowly anyways, but I keep compulsively selling my DoD's/JOSDs for other gear upgrades and I feel like I'm going to kick myself for it. Gonna suck if they ever come out with +3 Def/Attack levels and I'm sharded +2 XD
    ⋆Have a question? Feel free to shoot me an ask!⋆
  • eirghan
    edited August 2016

Feel free to join the club at any time-we have cookies here >:D And considering some of the new stuff Mystic is getting in the next update...so delicious. Any reason why the the thought of keeping Absorb Soul at lvl 10?

@eirghan Don't get me wrong I love cleric, but TW's just were murder all things considered. I generally like support/healing classes but it also paints the fatest of targets on your head. The only thing I'm currently wrestling with is deciding between full JOSD or Full Drakes. I've been gathering up both slowly anyways, but I keep compulsively selling my DoD's/JOSDs for other gear upgrades and I feel like I'm going to kick myself for it. Gonna suck if they ever come out with +3 Def/Attack levels and I'm sharded +2 XD

Yes I play healers in other PVP games and definitely feel that target.
    Can't really say for sure about shards, but we had a cleric in our faction who was full drakeflames who recently upgraded to jades. Another opinion I've heard for mystic however (@capnk 's opinion) is that vits are actually better when purged (Check asterelles shard calculator) and he claims he never dies unless he gets purged (which I totally can see monkey-2.gif)
    As far as +3 defense levels go.... I'm full +2... and I don't see it happening for myself monkey-18.gif

​​
  • dregenfox
    edited August 2016

IIRC lvl 10 mystic AS ignored attack levels and defense levels completely. Since R8rr with defense levels means no purify or attack levels the lvl 10 might be more beneficial. IDK for sure though, haven't actually done the math on how many attack levels I would lose.

Then I would be demon obviously for Thicket amps, and the extra chi/cc provided by our cc rotation.

And yeah, a lot of our new skill updates don't even factor in attack levels. They're reaaaaally pushing hard for support mystics :/.
  • sasquatch87
    sasquatch87 Posts: 51 Arc User
    As a cleric, I'd definantly aim for r8r with purfy for def lvls.
  • dregenfox

You have to choose between +25'ish def lvls or purify. The 25 def lvl is way better considering the proc rate and and all the unpurifiable **** we have to deal with now.

• eirghan
    edited August 2016

You have to choose between +25'ish def lvls or purify. The 25 def lvl is way better considering the proc rate and and all the unpurifiable **** we have to deal with now.
    You do have to choose between purify and 25+ defense levels, but you can get purify as the large stat and supplement it with +5 defense level stats as shown here​​
  • capnk
    capnk Posts: 486 Arc User
    eirghan wrote: »
    Another opinion I've heard for mystic however (@capnk 's opinion) is that vits are actually better when purged (Check asterelles shard calculator) and he claims he never dies unless he gets purged (which I totally can see monkey-2.gif) ​​

Well I didn't say never, but purge definitely contributes to the vast majority of deaths. If the G17 purge procs more frequently I should probably just uninstall. :(

• shopcheese
    shopcheese Posts: 758 Arc User
    I wouldn't have done anything different, as I already had my full r9 before R999 came to existance.
    If we assume I have no gear and I could plan my build now, I still wouldn't have done anything different.
    While I do take support roles over offense, I still see myself as hybrid. I change between supporting and playing offense all the time. R999 is perfect to me.
    I am a venomancer as main.
  • sjampie
    sjampie Posts: 624 Arc User
    Other (Explain)
    I've chosen 'other' because for me it's not about having the best weapon/gear but just to have fun.
    Feel free to join the club at any time-we have cookies here >:D

Recruiting for me? We (faction The Club on TS server) don't have cookies! We have pizza and beer. :D
  • shopcheese
    shopcheese Posts: 758 Arc User
    Forgot to mention.
    I would have build my cleric different. But any other mage chars that I have would still have aim for r999.
  • keihan007#7641
    keihan007#7641 Posts: 1,190 Arc User
    The only thing I'm currently wrestling with is deciding between full JOSD or Full Drakes. I've been gathering up both slowly anyways, but I keep compulsively selling my DoD's/JOSDs for other gear upgrades and I feel like I'm going to kick myself for it. Gonna suck if they ever come out with +3 Def/Attack levels and I'm sharded +2 XD

First of all, +3 def/att shards are coming but they are so expensive I dont expect anybody on our server going for them now that our main CSing archer has been banned for good it seems. It might shift the prices up slightly but I wouldnt count on it. DoTs are 55-60m currently, making deity 165-180m. This would make new shard 495-540m. But assuming full deity base, it`ll cost you least 7,9b to get extra 24 attack levels. For defense levels its even more, either way I dont see anybody going for it as there are so many better things to put money on for everybody. But sure, there will be that one clown who shards one piece for bragging rights.

As for the sharding itself, I think the decision should be between Jades and vit stones. The less gear you have, the better vits are in comparison. They are also what, 25m currently? I would say maxed mystic will benefit more from jades but if you are cookiecutter with +10 amor refines(I have no idea if thats accurate) you are better off getting vit stones and spending the extra coin on other things like refines, cards, star chart and so on. Jades are really cost ineffective, even now when our DoT/DoD market has crashed pretty low.
    BlackList vs Frenzied 3/17

https://youtu.be/RkkWkigYd3k
  • ironpwner
    ironpwner Posts: 94 Arc User
    I wouldn't bother with a purify weapon at all (Explain)
    "I wouldn't bother with a purify weapon at all (Explain)"

If purify spell % was so low, I'd go for a farmable wep like Warsoul S2, rather than spend a few hundred $$$ on an R9 Wep.
    War. War never changes. Memento mori