Quicksand Maze Gear Worth The Trouble?

jamesadison
jamesadison Posts: 3 Arc User
I'm level 64 and I'm going full support for mostly PVE only. I also love doing quests. Is it worth the hassle getting gear that does little for healing? Teams seem to be impossible to form for it, so should I try to find TT stuff? Keep in mind that somewhat new and dirt poor...

Best Answers

• nene#6448
    nene#6448 Posts: 226 Arc User
    Answer ✓
    Better gear (usually) means better heals because it increases your base magic attack which affects your heals. I would suggest that you find a PVE (and new player) friendly guild that would help you farm your gear, let it be low level QSM or TT.

As a side note, have you done your Jolly Jones Dailies? Easy money for people below 81. Best NPC location is a slightly north from City of Lost)
    ​​
  • dblazen1
    dblazen1 Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    Answer ✓
    Slaying / Warding levels are pure PVE stats, it does nothing for healing.
    Look at it like a form of attack/defense levels, but then PvE only.

It's not entirely the same way as attack/defense levels either, but attack/defense levels don't do anything for healing either.​​
    Jws3dXe.gif
    The only fitting image for this forum.

Answers

• jamesadison
    jamesadison Posts: 3 Arc User
    I have not tried the Jolly Jones yet, thanks for the advice.

What I was thinking about the quicksand gear is the slaying levels it does. People told me it doesn't do anything for healing. Does it still compare to the other kinds of weapons I could get from TT and such?

I just finally joined a faction yesterday. They don't seem active or too helpful, but I'm afraid to leave it so quickly xD
  • nene#6448
    nene#6448 Posts: 226 Arc User
    Level 85 QSM gear is good for PVE because of the slaying/warding levels (Deal more / take less dmg from mobs) and it can easily last till you obtain your TT99/NV3/G16 gear, but getting the "endgame" weapon from QSM is hard because it takes so much farming and the materials are bound. (And I think it requires you to have R8 weapon already)​​