Treasure Event Fail

dregenfox
dregenfox Posts: 713 Arc User
edited July 2016 in General Discussion
20000 chests for 1 bookless transcript? That's at least $7720 worth of keys people are forced to gamble away for a tiny chance to win. There's also only 51 hours left and still 12000 chests to go, which means we might not even make it.

The number really needs to be a bit lower, or the keys cheaper, or the prize not as valuable (so the # of chests can be lower), because at this point the only thing this event has given was a single matchless wing across all 4 servers, and it might end that way too.

It might be fun if it gave away, say, a DoT or DoD every 500 or 750 chests so that we'd have multiple chances to win in a day. As is, there was one exciting moment for a couple minutes on a thursday for wings, and that was it - and it was won by some no-name lvl 92 cleric who opened a total of 8 chests.

Comments

• kurisukotze
    kurisukotze Posts: 240 Arc User
    On TT server someone got Script of fate for 3500 chests, now we need 60k chest for fingerbead :open_mouth:
    Rencko - 105/105/105 - Seeker -Twilight Temple Server

Current Gear:
    *Out of Date*
  • dregenfox
    On TT server someone got Script of fate for 3500 chests, now we need 60k chest for fingerbead :open_mouth:

I see, I was under the impression the event was the same for all servers, but each server seems to have a different item. They are all still far too expensive. Props to TT if you guys manage to open 60k chests in 2 days :)

• zentfamily
    zentfamily Posts: 234 Arc User
    dregenfox wrote: »
    ... people are forced to gamble away

"Forced". I didn't know PWE had guns pointed to their playerbase. :D
    ZentVedr - Retired at last. Or am I?
  • eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    @zentfamily *points gun* open the chests. Or else. >:)
  • tuttle
    tuttle Posts: 254 Arc User
    20k keys for a bookless is actually pretty reasonable considering DoD is 2k, and divine wing is 8k

(ET prices)
    DoD = 80-85 mil
    Divine Wing = 150-300 mil
    Bookless = 1.2-1.4 bil
  • dregenfox
    edited July 2016
    Did anyone notice that they ended the treasure event almost 8 hours early? It was supposed to end on July 27, 1 AM pst, but they ended it once the meter towards the bookless transcript started getting to the required 20000...wish we could have had an opportunity to win the bookless.