Do you think that PWI would be a better game if the devs would turn it into an action combat MMO?

bloodedone87
bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
edited June 2016 in General Discussion
giphy.gif

Do you think that PWI would be a better game if the devs would turn it into an action combat MMO? 40 votes

YES
20%
jamzee007archoeyrda#7167saphira4545madaraluisiothegerbstersherbageeranpabukubeirutakra 8 votes
NO
70%
dudaikrian090590nbreakingsylenthunderkittyempressadblazen1capnkkurisukotzespaz95smitus#1493lolzcatzteabaggkeeperofkeyselyora2myowekiterunnerghdfghdfghbeast21gjabqshywa13 28 votes
WHO KNOWS? MAYBE...
10%
fpld5ironpwnereag1e67angiebelmont 4 votes

Comments

• nbreaking
    nbreaking Posts: 607 Arc User
    NO
    I love the game exactly how it is to be honest. An action combat MMO would be harder for some people to play. People already struggle with simple tasks like jumping/walking on the board in UP, crossing the bridge in FSJ, etc, so, it would be even worse.

There are plenty of people I know that are older folks for example, and I do enjoy playing with them and they are only able to play with the mouse because they don't know how to use the keyboard too well. There's even this 1 person I know that only has 1 arm and he's able to play fine.

I know some people prefer the action combat genre, I personally don't and like how the game runs. HOWEVER, I do want to point out i'd like it to be upgraded to a new engine and some parts of code should be looked into (like sins/DBs/Seekers not being able to use their jumps due to "Invalid Skill" or when you chase someone, attack, they move right as you attack and it rubberbands you back).

Mr. Justice
  • axel320
    axel320 Posts: 66 Arc User
    No.

/thread
  • laiwaisan
    laiwaisan Posts: 1,123 Arc User
    i would like a real story mode like guild wars 1 with the toggle option for animated or non animated story line

that would make this game rock im starting to feel like where the 2D MMO compare to all the new releases
  • chary
    chary Posts: 850 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    Eh? Isn't this an action mmo? It's not turn-based like Pokemon or SMT or older FF titles or a few MMOs I could name.​​
  • capnk
    capnk Posts: 486 Arc User
    NO
    Action combat wouldn't work in this game. You can only target people directly in front of your line of vision, which means nearly impossible to get to the ranged DDs and healers on the back line in mass pvp.
  • razzzza
    razzzza Posts: 456 Arc User
    chary wrote: »
    Eh? Isn't this an action mmo? It's not turn-based like Pokemon or SMT or older FF titles or a few MMOs I could name.

LOL you called PWI a action combat mmo...

PWI is a point and click based MMO, nothing is action combat related.​​
    m5k9ne4c.jpg
  • chary
    chary Posts: 850 Arc User
    razzzza wrote: »
    LOL you called PWI a action combat mmo...

PWI is a point and click based MMO, nothing is action combat related.

Wasn't really aware there was a difference.​​
  • dblazen1
    dblazen1 Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    NO
    superfedee wrote: »
    what are we even talking about, we have a game engine that doesnt even support multithreading and we are discussing how it would be if it would turn into neverwinter or slade and boul style.... OP pls... imagine a game like bns that doesnt use gpu and uses only 1 core of your CPU, will you even be able to open the loading screen?

Not to be a party pooper, but i'm going to be anyway, the engine BNS runs on only uses 1 core as well.
    No, just because your programs like afterburner is showing activity on multiple cores, does not mean it uses multiple cores.
    PWI will also show activity on multiple cores, but actually only uses 1.
    A lot of MMO's running on the unreal engine are just plain single core and very demanding of it, which is why generally AMD CPU's are completely garbage when it comes to running those MMO's.
    It's **** but it's the way it is.

That said, turning PWI into an action combat MMO (a-la PWE's other published game: Swordsman), would require the game to be completely rebuild, or at least a new part built into it that will actually handle all of it.
    You might as well go play swordsman then.​​
    Jws3dXe.gif
    The only fitting image for this forum.

• sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    NO
    dblazen1 wrote: »
    superfedee wrote: »
    what are we even talking about, we have a game engine that doesnt even support multithreading and we are discussing how it would be if it would turn into neverwinter or slade and boul style.... OP pls... imagine a game like bns that doesnt use gpu and uses only 1 core of your CPU, will you even be able to open the loading screen?

Not to be a party pooper, but i'm going to be anyway, the engine BNS runs on only uses 1 core as well.
    No, just because your programs like afterburner is showing activity on multiple cores, does not mean it uses multiple cores.
    PWI will also show activity on multiple cores, but actually only uses 1.
    A lot of MMO's running on the unreal engine are just plain single core and very demanding of it, which is why generally AMD CPU's are completely garbage when it comes to running those MMO's.
    It's **** but it's the way it is.
    This is very true. The big difference is that newer MMO's use the GPU. PWI doesn't.
    I'm still waiting for the engine upgrade to Angelica III.​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!