Over Haul

I really feel like this game needs a serious over haul.

I like that it's unique in its own right, but the game has moment where you get so frustrated that you have to put it down for a couple days before you can even care to get back on it.

Difficulty is a good thing, but there is a limit and I feel like this game exceeds it. Like in my last post I stated that some of the quests were just uneeded and just too difficult and required you to enlist more than one person to help you.

It took not one, not two, not three, but four days for my cleric to complete the lunar crystal quest for the demon cultivation due to the fact that keeping plume shell up was a must and he couldnt do no where near enough dps to kill at least 3 before another taskmaster spawned and those things hit like complete trucks.

I realize that this game wanted a form of balance, yet again it went way too far.

A magic casting class is going to have the most difficult time and get stuck on anything melee based and a melee class is going to get stuck on anything magic based? This is the only game where I've noticed youre either forced to call on others for help or just leave it alone completley. My question is why?

Do the devs not realize how frustrating and annoying that is?

"Sure I'll wait 30 mins for someone to finish their bh and come help me with feng or lowang"

That may have been said before, but never in a positive tone.

I'm not saying bring the game down to the point to where lvl 1's can run around man handling lvl 50 mobs, but it does need to be toned down and re worked quite a bit.

Instances and etc should always require more than 1 person unless you out level, a world mini boss that you have no choice, but to complete or you dont advance......yeah....no.

People like socializing in MMO's not being dependant on them.

Comments

• chary
    chary Posts: 850 Arc User
    Buy a tele like everyone else and just wc? I mean, I did that on my newbie char and had like five separate PMs.​​
  • krian090590
    krian090590 Posts: 235 Arc User
    the point with any mmo is to play with others. that is why there are several quests like culti bosses and dungeon runs that are meant to be done in a squad
    Etherblade Server
    due to mishaps in my past few years in game, I do NOT accept random invites (faction/squad/friend no randoms period) NOR will I give buffs (cleric/barb/sin/exp if i have it) to random people because they ask. If I DO give buffs to a random person, it's because of a random whim (much like the red detonator button sitting at my desk that i will one day push at a random whim)
    Also do NOT look at my gear and then proceed to pm me asking to buy my gear or for a loan of coin. It's just plain rude.
    I have too many toons to name, but if you play on Etherblade server and you come across a toon that acts this way, or if the world is suddenly destroyed, it was probably me.
  • laiwaisan
    laiwaisan Posts: 1,123 Arc User
    damn who you play with thats so ghetto.

Pwi can be a solo game up to i think lv 80 you might need an instance or a outside boss and help with it but you can mostly solo this game after first ra and max primals becomes solo again.
  • nbreaking
    nbreaking Posts: 607 Arc User
    This game when it comes to PvE is one of the easiest games i've ever played, I have no clue what you're talking about.

Also, about the 30 min comment, that's your problem right there, you're one of those people that want help but want it RIGHT NOW or i'll QQ. If someone is available to help in 30 mins, be thankful, really thankful, cause when I made my toon I had to keep some bosses for days because most ppl simply couldn't help until we actually formed squad (all dem players in NPC gear killing gouf lololol). Anyways, take a chill pill, take the 30 mins and go do something else, do other quests, go look at fash or wtv and just wait for the god damn help :|

MMO = Massive Multiplayer Online, meaning, obviously, there will be things you have to do with other players, it's the nature of the beast <.<

Mr. Justice
  • zeevhaora
    zeevhaora Posts: 85 Arc User
    Complain about difficulty in pwi actually?

Who remember jewelscallen being scared or run bh69 w/o wine be a hard challenge? This post is old and someone decide ressurect it?
  • tricksie
    tricksie Posts: 189 Arc User
    Overhaul? Lvl 89 culti + wasn't originally intended for it to be soloable. Unfortunately most of it is because of how powerful chars/gear have become.

In terms of an overhaul.... yes PVE needs to be made more difficult to compensate how much more powerful characters have become.​​
    z56fd27dc94746.gif
    egg-44.gif <~ these need to come back into the CS.

• zeevhaora
    zeevhaora Posts: 85 Arc User
    PW did just inverse. All this bosses in map got a hp reduction years ago. Fang, near secret passage, per example, had 30.000 hp and now have 20.000 hp.

Before quests need itens dropped from mobs need slaughter 2, 3, 4 to each item. Now drop rate of quest itens is 100% drop rate or so.

All this stuffs and release of dreamcheaser pack around that times made all begin of game soloable to toon that need, except dungeons. Sincerily, what point of this complain?
  • bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    I remember questing at Hidden Orchid area and 1 quest asked to get like 10 eggs from some mobs there and got 1 egg at 4-5 mobs killed .
    giphy.gif

• notlaw
    notlaw Posts: 7 Arc User
    Just want to point out the other option of damaging all 4 mobs to near-death and tanking with IH chains and finish them together.
  • jadasia
    jadasia Posts: 520 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    OP...Gear up and skill up. I can solo fb 89 both instances with NV3 gear and max skills. All non cash shopped. Quest requirements were nerfed tremendously. If you are having issues completing quests and soloing instances designed to be completed with a squad then you are undergeared and underskilled or both. The game has been overhauled. What you are demanding is ridiculous so stop being lazy.
  • laiwaisan
    laiwaisan Posts: 1,123 Arc User
    omg i hated jewls damn pruple barny i still go back to kill thee bosses out of pure spite with no wep and punch them to death grrrrr