Failed to Create Character

raveen#8108
raveen#8108 Posts: 4 Arc User
edited May 2016 in Support Desk
So this is an older account of mine. I've been trying to at least create one char now for about a month
will not let me, will either say " Invalid name" "There is already a character by this name" or Failed to Create Character , Does anyone know why,
and how can i fix this?
:'(

Comments

• foxella#1181
    foxella#1181 Posts: 9 Arc User
    Have you tried making a new character on another account?
  • raveen#8108

Have you tried making a new character on another account?

yea, just this account wont let me. I have no issues on my others, and this account has the free reborn pill in its email to
  • darky26
    darky26 Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    I believe that if you get messages like " Invalid name" "There is already a character by this name", it means that the name is taken, or was taken in the past. Therefore it won't let you. I'd say try different names. Good luck!

*edit* Also are you using characters that the game won't accept for names? Though I think that in this case you'd get a message like invalid characters or something. Not sure. Sorry for not being very helpful. First I'd try different names and then see if that worked.
  • raveen#8108
    darky26 said:

I believe that if you get messages like " Invalid name" "There is already a character by this name", it means that the name is taken, or was taken in the past. Therefore it won't let you. I'd say try different names. Good luck!

*edit* Also are you using characters that the game won't accept for names? Though I think that in this case you'd get a message like invalid characters or something. Not sure. Sorry for not being very helpful. First I'd try different names and then see if that worked.

I know this happens, I quoted 3 things not just this, i have tried to type random letters to make a character. and it pops up "Failed to Create Character" so obliviously this is not the issue , but thank you
  • marcioandre
    marcioandre Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    Same thing here. Trying to create a character, I used a bunch of names, none worked.
    PWI Game.

Error is: "failed to create character (y)"
  • sjampie
    sjampie Posts: 624 Arc User
    Then you failed to use just normal text. It is still possible to make characters but like all humans here on Earth we aren't allowed to use numbers or any other ASCII characters in our name(s). - Boring, isn't it? lol. :D

There isn't any problem creating new characters. I made one this week, gave it an original name (so not used by anyone else on that server) and played a bit with it just to check if there where any changes in the beginners area. Well, nothing changed. Even the GAMAZON bot was there so within a second I got my spam. :)

To get back to the names-issue: if people can't find a nice name there's always something like Google, Bing, Duckduckgo and even sites that show slang-words, names from other countries, etc. Yeah, would take a minute or two to find an unused name
  • marcioandre
    Well, I used simple characters, no spaces, no special characters. More than 3 letters. Some it says already taken, sure, I tried another names. But most of them, it says "failed to create character". Even if I try a random name not taken for sure, it says the same thing.

One more thing: if I logout of the game, and try to login again using my credentials (still inside PWI), the game doesn't log me in. Is that normal?

I have Star Trek Online and Neverwinter, both from within ARC games launcher, and they work perfectly fine. Just not PWI. I will try Forsaken World just to try it out...
  • marcioandre
    Ok I just tested it, Forsaken World runs fine and I was able to create a character and login into the game universe.

Just not with PWI. So sad.
  • sjampie
    One more thing: if I logout of the game, and try to login again using my credentials (still inside PWI), the game doesn't log me in. Is that normal?
    Yes, we need Arc just to log in PWI so if we're already in PWI we need Taskmanager to close Arc and start it again.
    Ok I just tested it, Forsaken World runs fine and I was able to create a character and login into the game universe.

Just not with PWI. So sad.
    There was a lag spike in both Arc and PWI (maybe other games too) some 30 to 50 minutes ago so maybe that was the problem. We have to discover lag spikes ourselves since it's normal for a company like PWE not to communicate. That's unless we send a ticked and get lucky someone actually have the time to help uw by not giving a standard answer. There should be no problem now so you could try to activate/start the new character.

• marcioandre
    I've been trying to create a character in PWI since yesterday, I guess that lag spike is not the problem here. Still, I will try again later and tomorrow from time to time, just to make sure.
  • engrish#1692
    engrish#1692 Posts: 41 Arc User
    would like to know what name cannot be used
  • obielle
    obielle Posts: 1,214 Community Moderator
    You may have to send in a support ticket about not being able to make your character, as "failed to create character" sounds like a problem on their end and not yours. I also tried to google the issue but it's mostly seen on private servers where it's caused by bugs that are server-side.

Have you tried making a character using a different account? Perhaps a different computer if you have access to one? I made a character a few days ago with no issues, so I'm wondering if maybe it's just an issue with your account.
    Roxxannae - Twilight Temple
    Official PWI WikiPWI Wiki UpdatesSupport Ticket

Support Email: support@gearboxsf.com
  • sjampie
    edited August 2019
    Had this on my wall:
    just read you reply once u back if ter no problem is make new toon is not go te arquivo in PWI-EN is no able to over write? if over write is no posible that arquivo name is and wer it is locate in PWI-EN? i now write to ask what name cannot be used but not read but play game now.

Don't think there are any files write protected but the data files (if the game uses them) could be a problem. Like for adding people on the 'personal' blacklist.

edit: peop's, don't write on the wall since I normally only read the forums here on Arc.