Housing system really? Hmmm?

blazerboy
blazerboy Posts: 1,673 Arc User
So with the new expansion I for one am excited for all the new stuff *sarcastic chuckle*. But besides the gear race which honestly sounds fun and the possibility of new skills rumored what is this housing system for? I mean yea I get it theres dailies required for g17 there blah blah but beyond that not sure how this "enhances" our experience is it supposed to be just another pretty thing like fashion or do they really think this makes the game more attractive, which at this point by how long it takes to play catch up via dailies and other tedious things besides money not sure the housing will fix that. Just curious how everyone else feels about the housing system. Personally I'm indifferent towards this sounds like pwi version of netflix and chill or earlier way to cheat on ingame or real life spouse xD. I just wish we had a 24^7 group pvp arena so I can rekt more people and get rekt more myself ^_^
105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
http://mypers.pw/5/#258958

Comments

• kittyempressa
    kittyempressa Posts: 268 Arc User
    blazerboy wrote: »
    I just wish we had a 24^7 group pvp arena so I can rekt more people and get rekt more myself ^_^

We DO have a 24/7 6vs6 PVP arena. http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/pwi/#/discussion/1204497/pvp-arena-works-but-since-when
    ​​
    4ovsoib.jpg

Kitty's gone. She gave up on PWI. And she's a black metal Kitty naow.

Kitty's Youtube-channel("Kitty does eet"-series and much moar): KittysamaRT
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • blazerboy
    edited March 2016
    I was told thats 1 night a week kinda event its truely 24^7? @kittyempressa is it crossover? Without it being crossover I dont see it as being a answer =(
  • daniel291184
    daniel291184 Posts: 22 Arc User
    There is a pvp arena already, and other pvp events as well, for the next expansion they are going to add a new pvp tournament, and we already have a lot of pvp events, I dont think that this game is failing in this aspects.

I agree whit you about the dailys, the thinks that you have to do are very tedios and becomes bored after sometimes doing always the sames quests, I think that the housing sistem would improve a litle in that aspect, I know that you can have a farm and some stuffs that are good, Im excited about that but will see how this work.
  • shopcheese
    shopcheese Posts: 758 Arc User
    Star chart materials and A/S packs are obtainable as well from the house system. Well, at a certain house level I suppose.
  • tetraem007
    tetraem007 Posts: 129 Arc User
    On the one hand (forum) people tell us all the time that "they" don't care about the game, on the other hand they hate everything which is new.

I for one like most of the new stuff which we got over the years. What I dislike is that PWE doesn't hire more staff (and the tons of failures they made over the years), but that's a totally different story.

There are obviously people behind the scenes which work on the progress of this game. Other titles already died within the same time or got already a 2nd or 3rd edition (and everyone has to restart after 3-4 years...).

Let's see how it will be. I like housing and was once a bit disappointed that guild bases are not more homelike (or at least some rooms). I'd even like to see gestures in this game (those which we have atm are useless). Gestures, homelike-rooms, voice chats, running around without weapons.. would be a good direction imo to keep people in this game. I hope it's not too expensive and you can let your home untouched without letting it die like a tamagotchi.
  • catgirldesu
    catgirldesu Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    For those who are unaware; a housing system has existed in the Pay-to-Play PW since probably the beginning. Players have been asking for this feature to be added to the Free-to-Play PW for years. Perhaps Wanmei looked at popular features of other MMOs and thought it might be time to introduce it to PWCN as well. I assume the developers team took that system, modified it, updated it to be fitting to current PW, and released it. Judging by the old videos it seems very different, but I suspect they took the core mechanics from the original system. I doubt they built it from scratch. I could be wrong though. monkey-2.gif

I can imagine that Wanmei thought a house system won't bring ~a lot~ of money since it's like fashion, but many people want houses. Some people would spend a lot for the house, but not enough for Wanmei I suppose. By making it a requirement for farming the new weapons, it ensures that everyone who is interested in said weapons has to make a house and eventually CS for it (or merchant > buy gold > etc.). As I understand it, you need boutique items for higher level houses or something.

​​
  • eternalghost
    eternalghost Posts: 154 Arc User
    Im really looking forward to the housing system. Ive always had narcotic induced thoughts of a PWI/Animal Crossing cross over game, and now its finally here. It does sound nice in all seriousness. Theres not really any "chill" places in PWI, but with this you can invite your friends over and just have some fun after the monumental amount of dailies all whilst taking in the amazing scenery of my forest mansion.
    Kymsplat - Sin -

103 - 103 - 102
    Etherblade
    My Gear: http://mypers.pw/10/#543295
    My Youtube Channel: youtu.be/zyiaSCxQ_KY
  • shade13
    shade13 Posts: 633 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    blazerboy wrote: »
    Just curious how everyone else feels about the housing system.
    I dislike the idea, I'd be indifferent to it if it was purely decoratory. But they made it a source of making g17 mats. And g17 itself is a future must. I wish they stopped this flood of numerous updates and let ppl finish gear who hasn't finish, and let us enjoy the game for a while without thinking how many years more we need to farm to stay up to date tiger-27.gif
    ​​
    Sg4FlzA.png
  • blazerboy
    @daniel291184 I disagree aside from tw nw cross server tw there like no pvp. Atleast this was what i was told from friends across server I know Da we are really lacking in pvp just log on dailies watch world char dailies and then its like ........... I for one would like to the battle hungry pvpers on other servers 24^7 in like a arena type deal like for ex. Generate a match set me up agianst another team agian and agian keep it random. I know thats a competely diff game but i think it would he fun here.
  • daniel291184
    daniel291184 Posts: 22 Arc User
    I understand, there is an Arena in the game, like you mention but never go there, dont know if you can find other ppl looking for pvp battles but is in the game already, I know that in open world, since like ppl can be blue name and avoid the pk for pvp fans it become a little hard to find someone for pvp.

• blazerboy
    @daniel291184 personally to me there is no reason to get r9 w.o pk. I know people disagree in the sense they actually love pve I guess thats why Im more bias to pvp instead of a homeowners life in a virtual game. But is that so called Arena even constant or event time based, also os ot cross server? Id love to see a cross server group pvp arena that generated team death match. I think this would be good so people who choose white name but still dont want pk can feel left alone and us pkers can actually find a fight be it our server or the others I think this would be awesome. Anyways hopefully the house system will be more than just fashion and farm