Heavenfall Competition Winner List announcement

Options
13»

Comments

• sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    Options
    i think the soulgem pack only contains 1 vit stone instead of 3, i had a few ppl reporting that 2 years ago.

why removing the S chest for non-glitch classes, dominio?
    Most likely because it's more fair to just give everyone the same thing.​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • splendideyes
    splendideyes Posts: 328 Arc User
    Options
    sure, lets be fair and make sure the cheaters dont feel left out....
  • thenamesdomino
    thenamesdomino Posts: 545 Perfect World Employee
    Options

i think the soulgem pack only contains 1 vit stone instead of 3, i had a few ppl reporting that 2 years ago.

why removing the S chest for non-glitch classes, dominio?

Most likely because it's more fair to just give everyone the same thing.​​

Pretty Much this
  • kurisukotze
    kurisukotze Posts: 240 Arc User
    Options
    So the times going to stay as is? not taking the 27th, 28th and few hours of 29th times into account?
    Rencko - 105/105/105 - Seeker -Twilight Temple Server

Current Gear:
    *Out of Date*
  • neodaystar
    neodaystar Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Every single class in game can glitch the timer in certain rooms, not just the pet summoning classes . I submitted a ticket several times on this matter that all classes can do it, but based on what this cm said about only a few classes can do it, I guess it is proof that there is a lack of genuine communication in the ticketing department. If they don't accept this to be true and watch those vids I sent, then they won't ever get this glitch fixed. It isn't really a pet exploit. Having a pet just makes it easy to be done.
  • splendideyes
    edited February 2016
    Options
    so to make sure that people that played AGAINST the rules still get the same reward, the legit winners get less?
    that logic defeats me.

that means 1) i will NOT get an S chest that was promised to me
    and yesterday 2)i also received the support-reply that i will NOT receive my Lorelei S card even though i spent 1200 gold during the promo and received the GM Lorelei Ticket.

very dissatisfied.
  • jasgar
    jasgar Posts: 25 Arc User
    Options
    It's not the first time the listed rewards have been changed after the fact. Remember that log-in event we were supposed to get an S-Chest, that was later changed to an S-Pack?

Whats sad here is that even after the event was rescheduled we knew there was still a problem. There was no communication about it until the event was over. And even then the compensation was given to the wrong people.

I intentionally withheld my real run until the end waiting for a gm response, now i get nothing even though I finished within the listed time frame.

Seriously, how many times can pwi drop the ball?
    Jasriana- 105/105/105 Mystic (Etherblade)
  • eeepsilon
    eeepsilon Posts: 294 Arc User
    Options
    Honestly after seeing how bad this thing ended and since they are giving prizes to those who abused too.
    Why not just give the reward to all those that did the full heavenfall during the moment of this contest?

In my opinion a player that did the tower slow deserves this price more than someone who glitched the thing to death. At least you know that person struggled to finish the instance and ended without cheating

But I guess the pwi logic is: give prices to abusers, orb glitchers, etc..
  • jwbooth
    jwbooth Posts: 55 Arc User
    Options
    Things that need to happen to end this.

1. Pull the list from the correct date. Use the screen shots if needed, but those that completed it before the deadline deserve to be included.

2. Come up with some fair compensation. If you're dropping the quality of the prize, maybe give soulgem packs to the top 7 in each class.

3. Send out the rewards and be done with it.

*as a note, pulling from the correct date brings me up 2 spots in the overall, but still 1st in my class. It's just the right thing to do.
  • kurisukotze
    Options
    jwbooth said:

Things that need to happen to end this.

1. Pull the list from the correct date. Use the screen shots if needed, but those that completed it before the deadline deserve to be included.

2. Come up with some fair compensation. If you're dropping the quality of the prize, maybe give soulgem packs to the top 7 in each class.

3. Send out the rewards and be done with it.

*as a note, pulling from the correct date brings me up 2 spots in the overall, but still 1st in my class. It's just the right thing to do.

Agreed!

Current Gear:
    *Out of Date*
  • cosmosia1989
    cosmosia1989 Posts: 165 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Or (I activate my ungrateful prick mode as well now) give no one anything. But me ofc. No one can prove a legit time but me. NO ONE.

So the fairest solution would be giving all the rewards to me and just ignore everyone else, that is if they cant prove a legit run, right? "BlaBlaBla some classes can't glitch!!" Well then prove it! :D

Ofc I am not serious about that but it would indeed be fair. More than fair. I don't care what other people get. You guys should be happy that you get anything at all and if you are just that type of person that does everything at the latest possible time, well guess thats a lesson learned for life here. So either way you win.

PS: Joe here btw for anyone that doesnt know :D My Stormies acc <3
  • dingo488
    dingo488 Posts: 936 Arc User
    Options
    Ye, Im not sure why they still on about the ''3 classes that can glitch the timer''

I thought we already established any class can glitch the timer...All these beautiful stories from the people playing a class that ''cant glitch the timer'' are very touching and all, but they cudve done the exact same thing as the other 3 classes :^)
  • jwbooth
    Options

We will leave this announcement for 1 week. After that, we will have all rewards sent through in game mail. And since holiday wish can't turn into the ring for duskblade and stormbringer automatically, we will have it spawn in your character during maintenance.

Well... It's been 8 days. I believe that's longer than a week. Anyone get their reward yet?
  • jasgar
    edited February 2016
    Options
    We're arguing over electrons here. It wont hurt or cost PWI anything to reward us for their mistakes. This whole event was messed up from the start. PWI knew this and still allowed the event to continue without a word, for 5 weeks.

Bite the bullet and make your customers happy.

Everyone within the top 10 of their class that completed the tower before 6:30 am server time 1/29/16 should receive:

Holiday's wish (the ring) + 1 * Soulgem Pack +1 War Avatar Chest S.

Problem solved, everyone's happy. Our effort isn't wasted. PWI learns from its mistakes.
    Post edited by jasgar on
  • kurisukotze
    Options
    :(

Current Gear:
    *Out of Date*
  • splendideyes
    edited February 2016
    Options
    eeepsilon said:

Honestly after seeing how bad this thing ended and since they are giving prizes to those who abused too.
    Why not just give the reward to all those that did the full heavenfall during the moment of this contest?

In my opinion a player that did the tower slow deserves this price more than someone who glitched the thing to death. At least you know that person struggled to finish the instance and ended without cheating

But I guess the pwi logic is: give prices to abusers, orb glitchers, etc..

as far as i know, glitching in there doesnt make you finish the tower faster, it only reduces the display time in the ranking - you still have to do the full thing.

also QQontrol, how can non-pet classes glitch it?
  • eeepsilon
    eeepsilon Posts: 294 Arc User
    Options
    @splendideyes

Yeah, I guess I was not clear enough. I was talking about the displayed time, not the real time you take to finish.
    What I tried to say was that in my opinion Someone who have an average or even bad time
    (something like 4 hours or even more) deserves this award more than someone who have a good time (near the 2 hours) if that good time is fake.
    At the end a good time means nothing on that tower since it can be totally faked by glitching it.
    I know some people that finished tower with bad times but they did not cheat anything, also their gear is bad or average, those people were not even thinking about this event so they did it just for the fun of it.

About the thing that qontrol stated it has been said and experienced by a few players, even a person above one of your comments on this page stated that he/she sent a ticket with proof but was ignored.

It happened to me at least 2 or 3 times with no pet classes (archer and psy) from those 3 times, one I am sure it was possible to abuse. How did it happen I can't say since it was accidental and I just restarted the room. But I can tell you it was on that room that ask you to kill 100 mobs.
    But even if people know how to do it, they probably will not tell since it takes an advantage from them and also is probably against the rules to teach everyone how to cheat the game on the official forum.
  • bangbang
    bangbang Posts: 127 Arc User
    Options
    Pretty sure that #1 mystic cheated because none of their previous times were even close to that time. Along with the fact none of the legit times for that specific class are anywhere even close.

Also, I feel like the rewards for top in class and top overall should be merged like a tier system. Instead of only giving them only the Holiday Wish + War Avatar Chest S, they should also get the Soulgem Pack as well. Since they did work hard enough to get top of 2 different lists, most of those players could have just took the easy route and got top in class and then been done with it. Some of them aimed to get on both lists.
  • kurisukotze
    Options
    So this thread now tossed away like yesterday's jam :D nice to know

Current Gear:
    *Out of Date*
  • jwbooth
    Options
    Good to know they didn't just trash it and actually followed through by sending out the rewards. Thanks, was fun, let's do this again some time.
  • kurisukotze
    Options
    :s sent rewards! BUT THEY GAVE IT TO WRONG PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FEW PEOPLE FINISH BEFORE THE TIME ON TIME BUT TIMES NOT COUNTED BECAUSE THEY TOO LAZY TO LOOK AT THE TIME AND USE STUPID EXCUSE AS TO WHY OUR TIME DOES COUNT BUT CLEARLY IT DOES!!!!!!! Fml Ima get keep hating on pwi forums no wonder others do it >.>

Current Gear:
    *Out of Date*
  • quuteras
    quuteras Posts: 2 Arc User
    Options
    Still waiting on the rewards, when will they be send out?
  • jasgar
    edited March 2016
    Options

:s sent rewards! BUT THEY GAVE IT TO WRONG PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FEW PEOPLE FINISH BEFORE THE TIME ON TIME BUT TIMES NOT COUNTED BECAUSE THEY TOO LAZY TO LOOK AT THE TIME AND USE STUPID EXCUSE AS TO WHY OUR TIME DOES COUNT BUT CLEARLY IT DOES!!!!!!! Fml Ima get keep hating on pwi forums no wonder others do it >.>

The winner list is wrong. PWI, Please send the rewards to the correct winners.
  • splendideyes
    Options
    another maint - yet no rewards.
  • demansfairy
    demansfairy Posts: 456 Arc User
    Options
    Has anyone gotten the reward from this event yet?
    full +12 SB, currently lv 105 105 105
  • mayliespi
    mayliespi Posts: 6 Arc User
    Options
    nop..
  • splendideyes
    Options
    knock knock?
  • splendideyes
    edited March 2016
    Options
    reward arrived, thanks for 1 primeval stone.
    Post edited by thenamesdomino on
  • csquared5
    csquared5 Posts: 150 Arc User
    Options
    Yeah... they pulled the times from the wrong time!

On the 22nd of January, I did a Heavenfall run that put me at 2nd place... I believe the time on this run was 2:41 (or very close). I decided this wasn't good enough, so on the 29th, I did another run, which got me the (then) first place time of 2:34. I finished the run at around 7:00am PST, right after the cross-server rankings update for the day.

Later in the day, another cleric named PrinceMayora got a really amazing time of 2:25 or something like that, which I was able to see the next day, when the cross-server rankings updated at 6:30am. (His time isn't on the winners list too, but as far as I know, he wasn't already in the top-5 like I was from earlier during the contest).

EVEN IF my time was considered too late (though the contest was supposed to have ended at 7:00pm or so on the 29th), my time from the PREVIOUS week was still good enough to be in the top 5!

However, as several others have pointed out, neither of my times is on the list. WTF lol. Did they not take any times after the 22nd, or what?

They really only needed to check the class rankings ONCE (not 5 times throughout January lol) at 7:00 pm January 29th, when they SAID the event was ending. Why say the event ends on the 29th if you are only taking times from before the 22nd???! I would obviously have done my runs sooner if I'd known the event *actually* ended 1 week earlier lol >.>'

If PWI wants to retain any sort of credibility here they need to select the proper times for rewards. This is their mistake, and they should reward those players who got winning times with the rewards they were promised.

Regards,

Aeliah
    »Go back to sleep...« PWI Youtube Channel