Should the TW map be reset now?

paralleogram
paralleogram Posts: 596 Arc User
edited February 2016 in General Discussion
PWI promised us 3 month TW seasons. This hasn't happened. We were told TW map would be reset for X-server TW - still yet to happen.
Wouldn't it be best to reset the map now before x-tw works right and more guilds have a fair chance at participating?
Here we go again....

Should the TW map be reset now? 54 votes

Yes, reset the map already! Stop procrastinating PWI
85%
ayejay101monoftalmwadziotricksiesilvertaksylenthundercharycatgirldesukittyempressatestxvitictic99999sunnycalishimarramercnumibagopwn00nedneodaystarxyphyraspackigerhaufenzevrex 46 votes
No.
14%
rocky19shade13dregenfoxannalissetnimao20teabaggarmofthelandherpderp1213 8 votes

Comments

• paralleogram
    paralleogram Posts: 596 Arc User
    Maybe if there are enough yes' pwi will finally listen to us and reset the map.​​
    Here we go again....
  • darkonome
    darkonome Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    What does the TW map look like on the other servers. Here is the one for Tideswell.

Land count:
    Tempest (light green) 19 Tier 1
    QQme (red) 10 Tier 1
    Dynasty (aqua?) 10 Tier 2
    Valhalla (yellow) 4 Tier 3
    Legiones (orange) 3 Tier 3
    CRUSH (dark green) 2 Tier 4?
    TORN (peach) 1 Tier 4?
    BootyCamp (pink) 1 Tier 4?
    Evolve (light red) 1 Tier 5
    Vicious (Light blue) 1 Tier 5

So even right now there is plenty of scope for TW at all levels on Tideswell, as these factions range from tier 1 (strong 80) all the way down to barely 10 TWers.

A map reset would achieve nothing except give people the ability to farm some coin with their alt factions with their one alt plus girlfriends toons in it. Also gives you 3+ weeks of PvE TW + some easy rolls before you can fight an equal foe.

The argument that smaller factions want to TW does not apply to my server at least, every faction has someone it can fight at it's level. The only TW faction not on the map is Kindrid who has been having some pretty fun TWs vs Legiones from what I hear. Other factions could even band together to gank the weakest with multiple lands.

I'm not advocating for never having a reset, just interested to see what the situation is on the other servers.
    DarkSkiesx
    Tideswell
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
    youtube.com/darkskiesx
    http://mypers.pw/8/#373457
  • tricksie
    tricksie Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    On TT there are 4 guilds holding the majority of the map with 2 other guilds holding the remaining 3 lands.
    Those lands would have been taken by the top 4 guilds but 3 of the larger guilds prefer to gank.​ (no I'm not complaining about the gank)
    There are a bunch of mid-level guilds (that aren't alt factions) I'd like to see holding some lands again for a bit

Also to add we were told it would be 3 months. It would be nice for PWI to actually stick to something they said in regards to TW seasons.​​
    z56fd27dc94746.gif
    egg-44.gif <~ these need to come back into the CS.

• catgirldesu
    catgirldesu Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    I put yes, but I mostly just want them to decide on how long TW seasons will be and then stick to it.

First they said they changed it to a 3-month season, then they just ignored it, then they said they will reset soon, then they said they won't reset it.tiger-32.gif
    ​​
  • keihan007#7641
    keihan007#7641 Posts: 1,190 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    http://imgur.com/IE9VTLY

Etherblade factions with land counts are

Karma (Red) -19 lands - Tier 1
    RogueXXX (Bright Green) - 11 lands - Tier 1
    efiance (Greenish) - 8 lands - tier 2
    Darkness_ (Blue) - 2 lands - tier 3
    Drakon (Yellow) - 1 land - tier 3
    Exhaulted (Light blue?) - 1 land - tier 5
    Indignant (Purple) - 1 land - tier 5
    HaxSquad (Pink) - 8 lands - tier 6 (Merged into Karma after last weekend)

Etherblade TW situation was pretty interesting. Karma managed to win attack against Rogue with bout 1 less squad on field in TW than Rogue did (60vs70 or so). Haxsquad merge might seem weird in this light but you have to understand Karma was fielding 45ish and getting steam rolled by Rogue before last weekend with those numbers.

edfiance is doing its own thing, fielding 60ish from what I been told, last TW I had against them they were 45-50 strong.

Darkness_ and Drakon are likely pretty well matched, Drakon(30ish) has more gear while Darkness(40ish) has more people.

After those the Exhaulted/Indignant tier is maybe 20 man strong.

I dont think map reset would affect TWs much as we already got pretty small factions on map. It would allow certain people to farm coins with their alts, not you can farm all that much coin from TW nowdays.
    BlackList vs Frenzied 3/17

https://youtu.be/RkkWkigYd3k
  • chary
    chary Posts: 850 Arc User
    DG's current map:

BY4Cpxj.jpg

Crisis's #1 isn't really contested atm. Can be with some time though.

Mayhem and Infamous went to 3 hours in tw last weekend which I suppose is why Infa's getting blocked from them via fake bids. Mayhem fields a full 80. Infa about 60.

Requiem has pretty much fallen apart after all the Infa left and now it's to the point where they supposedly aren't gonna bother bidding. They did a partial merge with Revision after Revi literally fell apart after losing their first real tw of the season, but uhh...

Templer is Templer. Some Requiems have went there recently.

BankaiGOD has those lands after beating a french guild named Legends who got those lands in the aftermath of Templer relocating.

Stalkers beat the remains of Revision for that land.

And Elysium's been down there for awhile and they'll probably hold the fort down for the remainder of the season.​​
  • beast21g
    beast21g Posts: 631 Arc User
    as @mintsummer said in previous posts you can always max bid.

• armoftheland
    armoftheland Posts: 124 Arc User
    No.
    no. i like to break balls.​​
  • testxvi
    testxvi Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    wEONzSh.png
    Twilight Temple
    So on here our ally merged with an enemy faction, and now we are getting triple attacked again monkey-1.gif

But honestly I wish they would just reset when they promised to do it... I dont care if the season is 3 months, 6 months, a year, or whatever.. Just do it when promised...​​
  • keihan007#7641
    keihan007#7641 Posts: 1,190 Arc User
    Etherblade

wEONzSh.png

Karma (Red) - 20 lands - tier 1
    RogueXXX (Bright green) - 10 lands - tier 2
    efiance (Greenish) - 10 lands - tier 2
    Darkness_ (Blue) - 2 lands - tier 4
    Exhaulted (Teal) - 1 land - tier 6
    Idignant (Purple) - 1 land - tier 6
    HaxSquad (Pink) - 8 lands - Merged into Karma
    Drakon - No lands - Tier 4 (Got wiped off map this weekend by efiance but taking HaxSquad land tonight to get back on it)

Etherblade had pretty decent TW situation week back. Karma managed to pull the people it had (~60) that were still semi active against Rogues 70 and win an attack in 2,5h. But as prior to last weekend Karma had been pulling 45ish, which was no challenge to Rogue, the Haxsquad merge happened. Now Karma pulls full 80, Rogue lost some players and decided to noshow their only defense against Karma.

Rogue bid on efiance this weekend and its prolly going to be relatively interesting TW. I put efiance as tier 2 even if I am doubtful its gonna have real chance against Rogue in its current state but word of the mouth places their numbers in TW to pretty even at the moment.

Drakon and Darkness_ arent gonna bid on each other while HaxSquad lands are free on the map.

Tier 6 factions are the only ones, outside of tier 2 matchup which might be pretty onesided, to have decent TWs.

So in short Etherblade could be reseted and there really wouldnt be many worthwhile TWs lost.
    BlackList vs Frenzied 3/17

https://youtu.be/RkkWkigYd3k
  • shimarra
    shimarra Posts: 192 Arc User
    I want a new color. Reset the map. Thanks