Game out of balance, agree or disagree?

kuthond
kuthond Posts: 9 Arc User
edited February 2016 in General Discussion
For some time I have been thinking about this game being out of balance. What I mean by this is that PWI is becoming a pay to win game rather than a free to play game. The rich who are mostly people who pay for the game (not all ofcourse) getting more and more OP and the people who dont pay cant keep up with that. Thats what I'm experiencing. PWI is giving away the best of the best items for free for those who pay or spend a certain amount of cash or gold. Items like 10-11* orbs, drakeflame stones, S cards and chests and such. Also PWI keeps having all kinds of pack sales, R9 sales and more to pursuade people to spend on this game. It is getting far to easy to get the best gear and adds possible for those who have the coins (or the cash...)
It is not wrong that PWI is trying to get people to pay for the game but this is a little too much i would think. Getting coins in game is getting harder and harder, dungeons that used to pay pretty well are being less and less worthy of doing because almost everone can solo them (like twilight temple for example). Getting coins with old fashion farming is getting pretty hard since the instances that actually pay are decreasing.
Other than that is PvP also out of balance (in my opinion). I take myself for example, I'm not badly geared (5APS assasin, 3 pieces of R8 recast, G16 double int dagger +11, R9 grade 2 and 3 ring and belt all +8) but I'm no match for almost any rank 9 player.

I have set up this poll to see what other people think about this statement. Feel free to comment why you agree or disagree with me.
If i can conclude that there are many players who agree with me I will contact PWI about this and hope they will listen to us. Together we stand strong not? :D

Game out of balance, agree or disagree? 72 votes

Yes, I agree the game is getting out of balance.
95%
bloodedone87hypereccentrikfiznikcjp2enon721#4640blazerboyvinterhauktricksieasterelleheerohex#3018shade13rieihdiusonly1wishkittyempressabestwizard11angellicdeitytictic99999yef2009shimarradarkshadow 69 votes
No I disagree, the game is fine as it is.
4%
jsxshadowtommy500aragmail2 3 votes

Comments

• nbreaking
    nbreaking Posts: 607 Arc User
    We have 2 problems here.
    My 2 personal problems with PWI at the moment are that I feel I will never have a max star chart (This is still kinda new, so maybe there will be more ways to farm the items) and I feel I will never, EVER have a RB2 Nuema Portal set. Does it bother me? Kind of, I'd like to have the best of the best. Does it really matter? Not so much, I still find the game enjoyable even in PvP.

About the promos, yes, this game is getting more and more money driven BUT spend rewards are open to everyone, even with gold at cap price and a line for it you can still buy and prepare in advance for these events.

Charge rewards isn't that unbalanced to be honest, I mean, this one for example gives 1 Deity stone for over 200 gold you charge, that's 200 dollars to get a free deity stone, I don't believe CSers will stack on them (Let's be real, there's not many people spending thosands on this game in one go). Also, last time they had drakeflames the price of those stones dropped to the ridiculous price of 40M or 10 gold/dollars, so, we all profit from this in a way.

I also don't agree with your statement about the people that don't pay can't keep up because, talking from personal experience, I have charged 20 dollars on this game when I joined the RT server back then to give me a boost and since then never cashed another cent. All I got I farmed and merchanted, got my r9, an A card set, everything +10 at the moment and have enough for my Emperor tome. One thing you have to understand though, this is just like real life economy, money makes money if you have the know how and by saying this in most cases (like mine) the rich get richer, the poor get poorer. Of course not everyone knows how to farm and how to merchant and to be honest, I am thankful for that, otherwise we would all be trying to get the moves on each other :|

TL, DR I don't agree with certain points but yes, I feel the game is a bit more cash oriented nowadays.

Mr. Justice
  • dingo488
    dingo488 Posts: 936 Arc User
    I think the game is perfectly fine if you are willing to put in the work for rank 9, the people that find themselves to be weak are just the people that make bad choices.

Full +10 vit stones is easily farmable.
    You can get a lot of defense levels from a r8r or r8rr weapon, its simply a matter of learning how to properly use it in combat.
    ---------------------
    Yet people feel the need to buy JOSD, which is painfully overpriced.

Candleflame or other A sets are easily farmable
    The levels on them are also farmable and the sets are just as good as random S cards, but they are a lot easier to RB
    ----------------------
    Yet people feel the need to get S cards, which is painfully overpriced.

RB/RB2 gave everyone a huge stat inflation
    The higher all the stats are the less effective it is to add stats
    ----------------------
    Yet people feel the need to get an Emperor Tome, which is painfully overpriced.

Just dont make bad choices n ull be able to PvP just fine :)
  • kuthond
    First, plz also if you disagree you can put it in the poll ;)

I agree that everyone can be good if they play the right way and dont always strive for the best of the best. But what i experience in game is that everything is about R9, i dont see many people who's goal isnt R9 because simply said R9 is OP and pretty much better than all other gear. And i often hear from people who dont have alot of money the only way to get R9 is by cash shopping. And (tho I'm not 100% sure) there are ALOT of people who just buy R9 with cash.
    The other thing is, people are getting too good for PvE. I think it is too easy nowadays to get the best of the best with all the promo's and sales. The only instances that require squats are FSP, EU and AEU (because it needs 8+), warsong and probly some more wich i cant think of atm xD but like 75% of the instances are easely done solo. Is this right? In my opinion no. This means people are getting too OP for PvE and PWI cant keep up with new challenging (and profitable) instances.
    For example, back in the days if someone was able to solo TT 2-3 he was exeptionally good. If u cant solo 3-3 now you are "poorly geared" in compare to the majority of others.

In my opinion PWI makes it too easy to get the best of the best with all these promo's and sales.
  • sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    playing with APS gear in Pvp, especially with what you have, against any R9 is going to be a joke. Your attacks will be like tickle, tickle, tickle, tickle, tickle, tickle, tickle, tickle.... and then the R9RR+5 cleric you're hitting will seal you and drop you in one shot with wield thunder. If your opponent is using just about any kind of damage reflect, you just killed yourself.

You're fine for PVE farming, but if you want PvP, and if you want it to be balanced, you need to catch up to where the power creep has driven the game.
    Your issue isn't a lack of game balance, it's that you're too far behind in gear for PvP.​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • kuthond

playing with APS gear in Pvp, especially with what you have, against any R9 is going to be a joke. Your attacks will be like tickle, tickle, tickle, tickle, tickle, tickle, tickle, tickle.... and then the R9RR+5 cleric you're hitting will seal you and drop you in one shot with wield thunder. If your opponent is using just about any kind of damage reflect, you just killed yourself.

You're fine for PVE farming, but if you want PvP, and if you want it to be balanced, you need to catch up to where the power creep has driven the game.

Your issue isn't a lack of game balance, it's that you're too far behind in gear for PvP.​​

Dude, i'm not far behind in gear... This is like the perfect explanation for what i call unbalanced. Everything is about R9 nowadays, your completly right I dont even match a +5 cleric. I tickle most R9 players with hits of 300-500 when they hit me for 10k+ thats just stupit. We are forced to get R9 like everyone els and that is exactly what bothers me. I'm not the kind of person that blindly follows everyone els.

• freygin
    freygin Posts: 737 Arc User
    I agree the game is out of balance, but my complain is because of the stupid mechanics they added/changed in the game like the unbreakable stun Barb and BM now have, Sin's Stealth, Psy with high soulforce and seal buff combined with white voodoo make them unkillable, Seeker's magic damage that can zerkcrit, new classes' debuffs that can't be purified. etc.

There is no escape when ganked now, I usually use Faith to break free or escape when stunlocked by Barb/BMs/Sins, or timed fortify to break the stunlock, but now once I got caught, even by ppl with much lower gear, I'll end up dead at that very spot where I got caught bcoz I can do nothing. They need to update some apoths like impolar to be able to be used for countering barb's or bm's new stun, it's an apoth that's supposed to give immunity to movement debuff that's later overrode by this broken new stun mechanic.

They should also add new mechanic like if you're stunned, the next stun should half the effect of the previous stun that landed, or any debuff with the same icon that's put twice or thrice or 4 times will always half the previous effect, there are too much stopper skills in this game that's frustrating, especially when ganked. This will at least give a player that's ganked a chance to breath because of the lessen duration when the same debuff landed more than once and fight back a bit, not just stand there waiting to die and can't do anything.
  • chary
    chary Posts: 850 Arc User
    kuthond wrote: »
    3 pieces of R8 recast, G16 double int dagger +11

If you hadn't wasted millions on rerolling r8r for int and +11ing a g16 Nirv dag, you'd probably have r9.​​
  • sylenthunder

Your issue isn't a lack of game balance, it's that you're too far behind in gear for PvP.
    Dude, i'm not far behind in gear... This is like the perfect explanation for what i call unbalanced. Everything is about R9 nowadays, your completly right I dont even match a +5 cleric. I tickle most R9 players with hits of 300-500 when they hit me for 10k+ thats just stupit. We are forced to get R9 like everyone els and that is exactly what bothers me. I'm not the kind of person that blindly follows everyone els.
    Hey, I've been there. It's why I got R9RR. I still get one-shot by knifethrow by every sin with R9RR +10. (It's really annoying too since they only hit me for like 200 more hp than I have.)

However saying it's not balanced, when you are 3-4 gear levels removed from your opponent is a little bit silly. PvP will always be about having the top tier gear. If you don't, it will never be balanced. Most MMO's such as this one have the power creep. It's an intentional part of their marketing strategy. It's Pay to Win, and you have to have the top tier gear in order to compete.
    I mean, look back at 2009. Would you go up against someone with TT90Gold +10 gear who is 20 levels higher than, you while you are in TT70Green +6? No because that would be stupid. Unless you could prevent them from damaging you, you wouldn't stand a chance, and even then you winning would be questionable. Your gear separation issue isn't that far off this example.​​

​​
  • rieihdius
    rieihdius Posts: 468 Arc User
    What I think is really important nowadays, even more than gear is the whole primal passives skill sets + a good card set leveled.
    Also the spirit is something to take into account in pvp.

I can tell by personal experience that me being full rrr9+10, weapon +11, with an A set and all the primal passives maxed, I still find myself against enemies that I hit for 800 to 2000 damage at much while they hit me for 5000 to 15000, considering that as an arcane class I have arround 17 k unbuffed and 20 k buffed thats 3 or 2 shots, while they can just stand there without even a charm tick :D Of course those players usually are End game or almost end game. But still I think is kind of stupid that some people on this game can have almost ''GOD MODE''

Dont get me wrong on this last statement, I am not saying that an end game should not be OP, it is obvious that the model of progress that this game has is ''pay to win'' or at least ''work hard to win'' and there is nothing wrong with that.

But what I am trying to say is that an end game player should be able to beat easily on 1 on 1 a no end game player, heck he should be able to beat easily maybe 2 or 3 averages. But when you see an end game player tanking 20 or 30 rrr9 that are not end game. or when you see an end game sin killing 2 rrr9 squads like nothing or an end game psy/veno/cleric running around like an idiot with 30 people chasing him/her and those 30 not being able to kill it, well for me that is totally out of balance.

Also seeing the opinion about gear levels and aps in this case to be more specific makes me reaffirm even more what I previously said about primals, cards, etc.
    While I agree that the whole aps concept is outdated on pvp and 99% of aps players are a 1 shot against r9. A player with highly refined aps gear and all the primal pasives at max + a very good card set can kill the average rrr9 arcane without much trouble, this proves the importance of cards, spirit and passives. This is something that I saw more than once on Cross server Nation Wars: Aps Blademaster with warsoul droping rrr9 +10 clerics, venos and other arcanes. Only thing is that he needed to have his target fully controlled. :D

But of course as was stated before on this same thread with the amount of money and time that an aps player put in to his toon, that person can probably get full rrr9 end game, which it is more efficient and powerful for PVP.

• kuthond
    edited February 2016
    Well you are saying I am 3-4 gear levels behind but that is not true at all. Pretty much all gear is grade 16, only my wrists and necklace are 15. And my grade 16 compared to R9 wich is also G16 is a huge **** gap and in my opinion way to big. Like I said before we are being forced to go 1 way because otherwise we just dont stand a chance in PvP wich is becomming the main goal in this game. That is not good, do you understand my problem?

chary said:

3 pieces of R8 recast, G16 double int dagger +11

If you hadn't wasted millions on rerolling r8r for int and +11ing a g16 Nirv dag, you'd probably have r9.​​

And this is total rubbish ofcourse, like I said I dont wanna blindly do what literaly everyone does. Thats just total lame. I could have had R9 for a long time but its not what i want. But thats not the subject I want to discuss
  • sylenthunder
    Well you are saying I am 3-4 gear levels behind but that is not true at all. Pretty much all gear is grade 16, only my wrists and necklace are 15.
    See this is where part of the problem is. It's all G16. All G16 is not equal though. I had G16 before I went to R9. It was a huge difference.

Pretty much, you've got to pretend gear goes like this....
    • G12.0 ~ R8 (Yes, it's 12, I double-checked.)
    • G15.0 ~ R8r
    • G16.0 ~ Nirvana
    • G16.4 ~ R9
    • G16.6 ~ R9r
    • G16.8 ~ R9rr

I could go even deeper comparing adds and actual stats, but that shouldn't be necessary. You could also look at it this way.
    • G12 ~ R8 (Yes, it's 12, I double-checked.)
    • G15 ~ R8r
    • G16 ~ Nirvana
    • G17 ~ R9
    • G18 ~ R9r
    • G19 ~ R9rr
    ​​

​​
  • mulier
    mulier Posts: 305 Arc User
    as a matter of fact , power creep didnt really change thaaat much ...

just as an example ... abck in the day when pretty much noone was lvl 100... tt90 was endgame,,, maybe tt99 (at a ridiculous prize) ...

i was part of a squad once (ppl in tt90) trying to kill a +12 venomancer (not sure if it was a heavy veno anymore) ... took us 20+ ppl .. still couldnt kill it .... the guy was perma stunned ... and just wouldnt go down....

thats pretty much the comparism we got nowadays .... doesnt matter if theres spirit and s sets and nuema and whatnot ...

just the gap from a full +10 r9rrr and +12r9rrr is huuuge already ....
  • scruncy
    scruncy Posts: 458 Arc User
    so, if you could have R9 but dont want it ,why you complaining?
  • catgirldesu
    catgirldesu Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    @kuthond

It is not uncommon for different gear with the same grade to have a difference in power. You can look at TT armor and find NPC armor of the same level range have the same grade. TT will generally be much better than NPC gear though. Grade is honestly a pretty poor indicator of a gear's actual power level and shouldn't be used as a main point of comparison.

And this is total rubbish ofcourse, like I said I dont wanna blindly do what literaly everyone does. Thats just total lame. I could have had R9 for a long time but its not what i want. But thats not the subject I want to discuss

Well, people follow similar gear paths because they are generally the best options. Those that want to do something different have to accept that their build and gear choices will be less effective. It's been like this since R9rr became farm-able through NW, and thus obtainable.

I'd love to go back in time when people could work with different builds and have multiple gear path options, and still be as effective, though usually in different ways. However, NW and R9rr have been around for a few years already so people shouldn't really be surprised. Besides, I've seen this happen to other MMOs too, where a certain gear path or build is generally the best option. It's not something unique to PWI.

In my opinion, I think the biggest problem is the overall economy and state of the game. Though I may be wrong, but it seems like it's harder to farm gear and stuff these days. People still had good chances of farming their R9rr and even reach "endgame" standards with +12 and JOSD over time. I farmed my gear, but when I did, the economy was better than it is now. Now I'm just lucky I've already had a certain level of gear, so it's not as hard to keep up to date.

The second problem is how random War Avatar cards and Star Chart are. I spent a lot of farmed money to get certain cards for one character, when the other one got them from just farming FSP every day plus promo/event/code packs. mouse-9.gif It makes it harder to make consistent upgrades to your character because you need luck. Even if you spend a lot of money (farmed or real) you might still not get what you want.
    ​​
  • kuthond
    teabagg said:

Whocares about balance anymore the game has fallen over the cliff now.And maybe like 20 per server actually PVP lol..and if they are Pvping they mostly have the +12 r9r3 going on with all the other epic **** they seemed to dump magical money into for a old game like this to be weekend warriors to.

Well thats not realy true :P there are whole factions that pvp, i think the majority of the people pvp because its becomming the main objective in this game.

And about those grades, R8r is indeed g15. I thought it to be 16 also xD

But this is not just about gear, what about the game outside pvp. Instances are a joke nowadays, I cant call any instance that is actually a challenge. Tho i havn't done the maze so i dont know about that. This game used to have instances that were a great challenge and still pretty well paying. That is completly gone now with the majority of people able to solo nearly every instance. What do you guys think about that?

• catgirldesu
    catgirldesu Posts: 993 Arc User
    Gear definitely contributes, but it's also because people learn how to run each new instance in the most effective and efficient way.

When we first got AEU it was cool and challenging, people even believed only R9 players can run it. FSP was very challenging, but then people learnt the mechanics and it's no big deal anymore. The first time I did QSM, it looked pretty hard, but the next few times I went it seemed a lot easier. That's the nature of things.

​​
  • dingo488
    dingo488 Posts: 936 Arc User
    Desdi is saying she's a beast n u need to get on her learning level, to keep up with this game's high learning curve if u want to keep up with the game. QM is still super hard!!! Only the coolest people can run it, dont listen to her
  • tetraem007
    tetraem007 Posts: 129 Arc User
    dingo488 said:

QM is still super hard!!! Only the coolest people can run it, dont listen to her

I doubt that any instance is/was too hard for any long-time player ;).

Some instances were and are just too repetitive and time consuming. And not worth the effort.
    Farming a Forest's Wisdom in Unicorn Forest was once a waste of time.
    Farming a WS weapon was a waste of coins before NW release.
    Farming a Sky Cover with Public Quest was a waste of time.
    And farming QM gear'n weapon is obviously not worth to do too.
  • cyberomega45
    cyberomega45 Posts: 175 Arc User
    My barb is full g16 +10, vit stones, 4 S cards and 2 A cards, Emperor Tome, all titles, vitae maxed at 8, hp at 56k buffed. People are shocked when I tell them I am not r9. People ask me, why don't you go r9, I tell them I don't have too, I want to show others in this game you don't have to be r9 to be successful. Problem is I have seen too many players who have bought their gears and become rrr9, become arrogant, but they also fail when they come to instances because they haven't learned how to play their toons. Most of my gears were farmed over 3 1/2 years. I was given my g16 axes but I +10 them. The problem is too many people want end game gears yesterday, they don't want to be patient. At this time, my barb is farming to make my mystic rrr9. It might take about 2 to 3 years but that is ok, I play this game for fun, to spend it with my friends and family. Honestly, if you have the most powerful toon in game, it really means nothing in real life. I have been married over 26 years and my real life wife plays and my son plays too. That means more to me than whether I have an OP toon in a virtual game. Everyone really has to sit back and ask themselves - why did you first start playing PWI and see if their attitude has changed. Maybe its time to go back to the beginning with your attitude. Maybe its time to drop the ego and actually have fun in game.
  • hypereccentrik
    hypereccentrik Posts: 529 Arc User
    No its not! Those Nightshades balance the game out perfectly well : D
  • jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    As a player that has farmed 3 out of 4 chars on the server I am currently playing on completely for free (cash-wise ofc cause nothing is free especially not time) I have to say that it has indeed gotten alot harder to get to r9. Through my means of farming I can easily get 500 Golds every months with approx 4 hours of gameplay everyday (including nonprofit dailies and such) and people often ask me how thats possible. well to put it straight, for a new player it is not. You need to already have decent chars to be able to decently farm ofc. That doesnt mean that its impossible. I watched alot of my friends farming their way to full r9rr, nw neck, rings, tome, full +10, aeu set and with vit stones (Barb and seeker in this example) and now they can pvp just fine with nearly anyone on the server. How? Well farming TT, doing as many events as possible, being there when you can get something for free (e.g. spend promos and such) and ofc always a bit of luck. Especially the low TTs that nowadays no one bothers to farm have been a goldmine for them, selling certain mats for 600k+ that drop like candy.

Is it possible to get to decent gears without a permanent cat shop? in my opinion no or rather said its extremely hard.

But is r9 the nonplus ultra? No its not. I have seen sooo many r9 people that just cashed their gears and thats that. No passives, no titles, no level, no nuema, no cards, nothing. If you have all passive stats maxed and a decent A-Card Set or even the free b-Set from the Archo event combined with avg G16 Gears with medium refines then you will be able to wipe the floor with just freshly cashed r9 +5-ish players. This is actually the sad truth and to this day I dont really know why most people keep ignoring all the passive stats you can get as they make a huge difference. All passive together are like another piece of maxed out gear and even more.

If you've played other MMOs especially Pay2Play ones then you might realize that it actually doesnt take that much more time to be competitive in PWI than in those MMOs. Why does PWI got the upper hand? Cause the pvp is still fun. PvE content is a joke yes. I admit that. But you would invest the time and effort to get max gears just to hit on mobs anyways?

As for PvP: People already know quite well that I think this game is nearly balanced. Just that you dont have a decent counter for paralyze and the behaviour of said effect itself is broken. Paralyze shouldnt be overwriteable. Thats the only thing that cant be outplayed/prevented in a fashion that doesnt leave nearly absolutely defenseless for the next 20 seconds :)
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,795 Community Moderator
    Its the balance of gear I find very off.

Whats the point in playing a game where you can near solo every instance. I would love to see Dynamic Instances in the future not that are impossible for people with low gears but something different like a Lv Reducer each dungeon requires you to take that Lv or something to that point. As for gears in them well something of an idea.​​
  • tetraem007
    tetraem007 Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited February 2016

My barb is full g16 +10, vit stones, 4 S cards and 2 A cards, Emperor Tome, all titles, vitae maxed at 8, hp at 56k buffed. People are shocked when I tell them I am not r9. [...] Maybe its time to drop the ego and actually have fun in game.

It's not about the "ego". R9 is the cheapest part anyway. Decent sharding, ornaments, avatars, tome, refining (if you didn't get a bunch of 10* orbs for free years ago) cost way more (cheapest full R9 sale was ~350 dollars once, iirr).
    And if you are a "vit barb" you will be never good in PVP (no zerk-crit, not much str). Your toon is "just" a damge taker, and not everyone wants to play a toon like this.
  • dave76netherlands
    dave76netherlands Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    i'm one of the clerics who cant effort r9rrr.

So been playing g16 cleric with meridian, neuma, shifting sky lv 10, war cards 40/40 80/80 (no set sadly) etcetera done, and to 99% of endgame players i'm hitting them between 250-500 no crit damage lmao.

So PvP you need end game gear or your just OS toon food :neutral:

Cleric has no chance to block any stun and most chars stun. So i look very pretty while getting OS during stun :(
    It does not matter how many things pwi adds to make your chars better.. you still end up one shot as cleric.

R9 Barb 50 damage and OS with 14-21k hp
    R9 Sin 200 damage and OS with 24-29k hp
    R9 Seek 2500 crit damage and OS with 22-38k hp
    R9 Veno 200 damage and OS with 14-21khp
    R9 Dusk 250 damage and OS aroud 30k hp
    R9 Cleric 2500-4k crit damage and OS with 14-20k hp
    R9 Storm 2500 crit damage and can barely/not survive.
    R9 Psy 50 damage and OS with 21-30k hp
    R9 BM 150 damage and OS with 25k hp

Cleric is so out of balance in PvP that seal and sleep are only chance keep you alive while dogging all direct attacks.
    Direct attack .. you end up dead 99.9%.
  • jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User

i'm one of the clerics who cant effort r9rrr.

So been playing g16 cleric with meridian, neuma, shifting sky lv 10, war cards 40/40 80/80 (no set sadly) etcetera done, and to 99% of endgame players i'm hitting them between 250-500 no crit damage lmao.

So PvP you need end game gear or your just OS toon food :neutral:

Cleric has no chance to block any stun and most chars stun. So i look very pretty while getting OS during stun :(
    It does not matter how many things pwi adds to make your chars better.. you still end up one shot as cleric.

R9 Barb 50 damage and OS with 14-21k hp
    R9 Sin 200 damage and OS with 24-29k hp
    R9 Seek 2500 crit damage and OS with 22-38k hp
    R9 Veno 200 damage and OS with 14-21khp
    R9 Dusk 250 damage and OS aroud 30k hp
    R9 Cleric 2500-4k crit damage and OS with 14-20k hp
    R9 Storm 2500 crit damage and can barely/not survive.
    R9 Psy 50 damage and OS with 21-30k hp
    R9 BM 150 damage and OS with 25k hp

Cleric is so out of balance in PvP that seal and sleep are only chance keep you alive while dogging all direct attacks.
    Direct attack .. you end up dead 99.9%.

Clerics are under the strongest classes in this game. The Amount of control skills they have is abnormal. A great cleric can single-handedly decide the outcome of a group-PvP match if done right. Your gears are just underwhelming, thats all xDD
  • sylenthunder
    jsxshadow wrote: »
    Clerics are under the strongest classes in this game. The Amount of control skills they have is abnormal. A great cleric can single-handedly decide the outcome of a group-PvP match if done right. Your gears are just underwhelming, thats all xDD
    I have to agree with this. Even under-geared, stay on the edges and use your control skills to assist the squad.

I remember someone calling me out for using tempest from the air in a TW video. It wasn't about the damage, it was about the chance to proc an AoE slow on about 12 people.
    Using all of your sleep skills, you can almost totally immobilize one OP toon so the rest of your squad can take them down.

The main skills clerics should use in TW that aren't heals or purify...
    • Magical Shackle
    • Aurora Blast
    • Aurora Burst (not as often cause you have to get closer, but it's AoE)
    • Mark of Weakness
    • Elemental Seal
    • Dimensional Seal
    • Seal of the God
    • Silent Seal
    • Chromatic seal (this one really only when you want to keep someone stuck that isn't being actively attacked)
    • Tempest (Because a 95% chance to slow everyone 60% in a 12 meter radius is nothing to laugh at. Not to mention, it kicks **** when it crits)

You could be running around with a TT60 weapon and still be very effective with those.
    Oh, and to prevent being one-shot all the time... Plume Shell, Wings of Protection, Guardian Light. And really have to pay attention. Oh, and not play on tiny resolutions. Anything below 1680x1050 in PvP is pretty silly.​​

​​
  • cyberomega45
    cyberomega45 Posts: 175 Arc User

My barb is full g16 +10, vit stones, 4 S cards and 2 A cards, Emperor Tome, all titles, vitae maxed at 8, hp at 56k buffed. People are shocked when I tell them I am not r9. [...] Maybe its time to drop the ego and actually have fun in game.

It's not about the "ego". R9 is the cheapest part anyway. Decent sharding, ornaments, avatars, tome, refining (if you didn't get a bunch of 10* orbs for free years ago) cost way more (cheapest full R9 sale was ~350 dollars once, iirr).
    And if you are a "vit barb" you will be never good in PVP (no zerk-crit, not much str). Your toon is "just" a damge taker, and not everyone wants to play a toon like this.
    Funny, being a "vit barb", people are surprised at how hard I hit. I do well in PvP despite no crit. When you say "you will be never good in PvP" kinda shows your ego.
  • kittythecat2013
    kittythecat2013 Posts: 55 Arc User
    I think the real unbalanced points of the game are the PVP classes themselves.
    Even with lower gear level Assassins, Clerics, Duskblades, Blademasters and Psychs got a huge stack of good factors while other classes are left behind.

Assassins:
    Chill of the deep: Permanent atk lv increased
    Primal Skills: Multiple hit that breaks through defense charms + Crazy unfair damage like 900% 750% weapon dmg.
    Free Chi: Permanently sparked.
    Too many stuns/freeze/sleep/silence skills with high chance of success.
    And don't forget they sage has a permanent buff anti-debuff that let them free to run in case they need a cool down. >.>

Cleric:
    Ultra Violet Dance: Permanent double damage being a magic class wont miss a hit.
    Heals too easily and now has no cool down for cyclone.

Duskblade:
    Permanent stuns/freeze/sleep/silence all together
    Multiple hit skill that break through defense charms
    And overpowered skills.

Blademaster:
    Even a small g16 bm can be your death just because they can keep stuns/freeze/sleep/silence until you die.

Psy:
    Another class permanent dmg or defense stat
    Too high chance of silencing your self by attacking a psych
    Then they get immune to phys heal and actively stun.

Side Note: I left SB out of the list because they aren't overpowered in as a class. The only ones I've seen to cause some trouble are over-geared r9s3+11~12, WOA, NW neck, emp and 105 with S cards maxed etc.