Gear and Direction

Options
geochris
geochris Posts: 108 Arc User
I have been playing for a long time and I was looking for some input on gear and character direction.

I currently have
103/103/101 r9rr sin, Random S/A cards
102/102/101 r9rr seeker random S/A cards
103/102/101 s3+10(lunar) veno with g9 shards, g14 cube neck, cloudstir, random S/A-cards
101/100/100 SB with WS1 +7 wep, random S/A-cards
+other non RB toons

This is a link to the shards/refines for my seeker http://pwcalc.com/c78056d681b8d10a

My sin has similar shards/refines but has a +7 skycover, +10 g15 helm with 4 DoT's and a +8lunar int cape. Everyone star chart has an aptitude of 10 and various levels. I do my primal dailies on all toons so the charts level slowly increases. I also do heavenfall tower on one toon a week or at least partially complete it depending on time.

What would you all suggest as my next gear upgrade? I currently have about 2b in liquid resources atm.

1) Upgrade cards? My seeker has no A-set but has 5 random S-cards (3 of which are useable as 2 are for same slot). My sin is 1 card short of the Abba set, 2 short of candle set. Should I upgrade my cards on my seeker or sin, should I just finish with A cards or should I try for S-cards (2/3/4 card set)? As a side note, there is a current sale on catalysts so this option would be a lot cheaper right now than later.

2) Work on refines? I expect to be able to +11 my seekers wep this weekend but should i focus on my seeker/sin armor refines

3) replace my g9 shards with dod/dot/vit on my seeker/sin? JoSD and Diety stones are just too expensive in my opinion.

4) Upgrade my seeker's elemental neck to s4 (I currently am 40 cogs away from getting s3)

5) Get r9 on either my SB or Veno? I could also go for r9 on another class that might be better for soloing/NW.

6) upgrade my SB's wep to WS2?

7) Just make another mag class to use my veno's s3 gear and save my coins so I can continue to accumulate goods and coins.

GOAL:
I mostly just do PVE and only go to NW occasionally and I enjoy soloing instances. My current faction is rebuilding and has plans on doing TW after the next reset (as a 2nd or 3rd tear faction). NW used to be a lot of fun b4 I just got completely outclassed. Now I get 1 shot every time pretty much regardless of toon. It would be nice to be able to take a few hits before I die when doing NW and being "slightly" useful when doing TW. I have no intentions of being anywhere near the top PvP as +12/JosD/Portal set, is really beyond my reach.

As an extra question which toon should I try and focus on leveling, as none are 105 yet?

So many choices, so little coins. Which should I improve on?

Thanks so much for your input.

Comments

• ayejay101
    ayejay101 Posts: 238 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    Options
    That's a fair bit of information. So let's try to narrow your focus a bit more.
    I want to say for not such an upperclass TW Faction, I'd say keep your veno as is unless you enjoy it far more than other classes, will prove to be a great purger and pvp toon for your tw faction.

Not sure where you were headed with your sin, but seems well geared already for PvE at least.

SBs are becoming a high DD class, and to some, fun to play with - Depending on how much fun you have with it, then we would see where you would want to head next with it.

I believe your seeker will be over all the best toon to be the non-squishy one if you're only doing the casual pvp in NW. As it is already Rank 9, little work may be required. For seeker I'd say go Vit, going DoD/DoT isn't worth it in my opinion unless you got JoSD/Diety. Also with DoT you might not be doing yourself much good as you may still be a one shot since it doesn't help defenses at all.

So at this time, I'd say continue for the Neck, if it's tradeable then it's great for your other classes.
    Keep doing primal dailies and get all the passives and Sky levels up for better defenses.

Oh suggest not to refine past +10 as the G17 (New Wep) and possibly China's version of R9 might be coming. Nothing confirmed but can only speculate. So better to save for now on R9'ing another toon. Or if you do, don't put expensive shards/refines on it.
    ​​
    GreenLegend Cleric 105-105-105
    Historic Leader

23nupk.jpg
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!