New Calculator - Star Charts

asterelle
asterelle Posts: 861 Arc User
edited January 2016 in Dungeons & Tactics
I was planning not to make one but I ended up doing it anyway. I know it's a little late to be useful but it's kinda fun to play with at least.

PWI Star Chart Calculator

It lets you set up your chart manually and also has accurate Horoscope and Stargazing. Try your luck at Horoscopes without spending billions of coin. Bookmark and share your star charts too:

http://aster.ohmydays.net/pw/starchart/#2383200218216172194cX00eXX868

Have fun. Feel free to provide feedback. Especially let me know if you have a cooler idea for inputting aptitude / Starshifting.
Also let me know if you see any problems in your browser. I didn't do much testing.
​​

Comments

• kidding#1112
    kidding#1112 Posts: 32 Arc User
    gg​​
  • shade13
    shade13 Posts: 633 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    Good job, thank you! *Rubs paws*...​​
    Sg4FlzA.png
  • darkonome
    darkonome Posts: 253 Arc User
    Thanks Asterelle
    DarkSkiesx
    Tideswell
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
    youtube.com/darkskiesx
    http://mypers.pw/8/#373457
  • catgirldesu
    catgirldesu Posts: 993 Arc User
    Nice, thanks!
    Time to make a super OP Star Chart for lolz. dino1-24.gif
    ​​
  • kidding#1112
    edited February 2016
    but wait cap stats values can be reached only with lvl 10 aptitude on fatestars?

lvl 10 aptitude on a single fate star is pretty much impossible to achieve :0 you should need like 2 lvl 5 birthstars close to each other and 3ish on rest of birthstars​​
  • asterelle
    gaborcika1 wrote: »
    but wait cap stats values can be reached only with lvl 10 aptitude on fatestars?

lvl 10 aptitude on a single fate star is pretty much impossible to achieve :0 you should need like 2 lvl 5 birthstars close to each other and 3ish on rest of birthstars
    Yeah I consider those cap stats to be really misleading. When you have a full 20 aptitude your average birthstar aptitude is going to be 4 so the average fate star will be 8, not 10.

One thing I don't have experience with yet though is the behavior of Astrospira lvl 4 once you already have 20 aptitude. Ideally it would reassign integer aptitudes to the birthstars or at least 0.5 multiples but if this image is the result of lvl 4 starshifting that doesn't seem to be the case. Interestingly it shows the last birthstar (by index) with an abnormally low amount of aptitude so I can't help but wonder if they are using a biased algorithm there which allocated most of the aptitude too early.

To randomly create 5 numbers between 1 and 5 with a sum of 20 in a non-biased way might be too hard mathematically for chinese devs.
    ​​
  • kidding#1112
    yup just got confirmed today lvl 4 spiras randomize the aptitude value of birthstars, so its possible​​
  • freygin
    freygin Posts: 737 Arc User
    Thanks a lot for this, I was wondering the other day whether Asterelle is gonna make SC calc or not and BAM, it's here already :D
  • asterelle
    freygin wrote: »
    Thanks a lot for this, I was wondering the other day whether Asterelle is gonna make SC calc or not and BAM, it's here already :D
    Yeah yeah. You thought I was going to make one, others thought I was going to make one. That's exactly why I was planning not to make one.

But, here we are.
    ​​
  • tictic99999
    tictic99999 Posts: 204 Arc User
    it seems there is almost no point in have lv 5/lv10 since it is essentially unobtainable.... or even if you spend 1000000000000000000000000, you can at max only get maybe 2-3 of the fate stars lv 10​​
    thfunny-21-1.gif
    (•_•) ( •_•)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)
    Dawnglory's legendary Stormbringer ShockWave LV 105-105-103
    7 year old Harshlands character, semi-retired Wizard Boomz
    Will he reach 1800 spirit?
  • ayejay101
    ayejay101 Posts: 238 Arc User
    it seems there is almost no point in have lv 5/lv10 since it is essentially unobtainable.... or even if you spend 1000000000000000000000000, you can at max only get maybe 2-3 of the fate stars lv 10

That's where cash shopping comes in and you purchase the Astrospira Pearl Lv4 to re-assign the aptitude in hopes to get the max of 4 Fate stars level 10? If it's all even and what not.
    ​​
    GreenLegend Cleric 105-105-105
    Historic Leader

23nupk.jpg
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • asterelle
    ayejay101 wrote: »
    it seems there is almost no point in have lv 5/lv10 since it is essentially unobtainable.... or even if you spend 1000000000000000000000000, you can at max only get maybe 2-3 of the fate stars lv 10

That's where cash shopping comes in and you purchase the Astrospira Pearl Lv4 to re-assign the aptitude in hopes to get the max of 4 Fate stars level 10? If it's all even and what not.
    The max number of level 10 fate stars you can get on the same chart is 2 although the max using actual astrospira is likely zero.​​
  • asterelle
    I learned something new about star charts from the Russians. When you hit 20 aptitude it no longer rounds the aptitude down for each birthstar and fatestar. You get full benefit from the fractional value. That's like getting an extra 2.50 aptitude for free since you'd otherwise waste an average of 0.5 aptitude per birth star. ​​
  • kartter
    kartter Posts: 152 Arc User
    Nice calculator! Is possible to add few more option? Like roll till 7 stat, lvl it and aptitude ( the random 0,01 or 0,02 ) .
    Would be nice ! Thanks.
  • asterelle
    If you want to get 7 stats you can just drag the astral energy bar up to 7 and reroll. That gives you a guaranteed 7 or more. Aptitude rolling could be a little interesting. In game I keep making new aptitude 10 charts trying to get a lot of 4s on fate stars. I'm not really happy the only way to play with aptitude is by setting it manually on the 5 birth stars. An issue with aptitude though is that I don't really know how aptitude is distributed when rolling with aptitude level 4 after you hit 20. I am seeing some evidence that whatever algorithm they use is biased and some of the points have a tendency to come out lower than you'd expect.​​