Pirate King for FREE

eirghan
eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
This morning I decided, what the heck, lets do a daily while I get ready for work. So I went to do the Pirate King in Primal. 11 people were there, and of those 11 people 2 others were helping me kill the boss, while the others swam AFK out of damage range, doing nothing. It took almost 45 minutes and a full silver charm for me to kill the boss.

I get some people don't have the gear to tank some of his damage... but for the end games... Why swim up and get the quest and then wait for someone else to do the work for you? Laziness? It's not harder to press f12 than it is to not press it.

This game never ceases to entertain me... tiger-30.gif
​​

Comments

• mosz
    mosz Posts: 247 Arc User
    happens a lot on Et, a lot of people bring alts and leave them in air, or attack the boss a few times then stop, or have no idea how to set a macro right... its amazing

to be fair it is possible for this to happen by accident, ive sometimes gone to pirate king spawn, no one is there, i have to go afk, so hit the boss to grab quest and fly up, sometimes its killed before i get back from afk
  • eirghan
    tiger-18.gif I swam up and no one was there so I started chipping away.
    Is this game really so full of dailies that we now have to get other people to do them for us while we do real life things tiger-24.gif
    ​​
  • zentfamily
    zentfamily Posts: 234 Arc User
    Well, if you have the agro you an always get boss near them.
    ZentVedr - Retired at last. Or am I?
  • sunnycali
    sunnycali Posts: 31 Arc User
    On Etherblade Pirate King hasnt spawned in like 24 hours. Any other server having that issue?
  • eirghan
    @zentfamily it was tempting tiger-50.gif​​
  • ayejay101
    ayejay101 Posts: 238 Arc User
    On Etherblade Pirate King hasnt spawned in like 24 hours. Any other server having that issue?

I don't think we play on the same Etherblade server, I'm there poking it from time to time... daily so that 24 hours.... yeah it's spawned.
    ​​
    GreenLegend Cleric 105-105-105
    Historic Leader

23nupk.jpg
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • shopcheese
    shopcheese Posts: 758 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    The boss have like 5% chance to spawn every time someone finish war o mine. Its like convoy having a chance to spawn when someone do daily at sky owl.

I must admit I do sometimes hit boss and go afk. This is only when I'm really busy in rl but it's not that often. On very squisy alts I do it all time though, but if I do I'm also always using my stronger character to DD, so I think that's fair enough.
  • shade13
    shade13 Posts: 633 Arc User
    eirghan wrote: Β»
    This morning I decided, what the heck, lets do a daily while I get ready for work. So I went to do the Pirate King in Primal. 11 people were there, and of those 11 people 2 others were helping me kill the boss, while the others swam AFK out of damage range, doing nothing. It took almost 45 minutes and a full silver charm for me to kill the boss.

Do you understand now why some ppl are upset about all servers turning pve? pig-8.gif
    ​​
    Sg4FlzA.png
  • perrion
    perrion Posts: 165 Arc User
    shade13 said:

Do you understand now why some ppl are upset about all servers turning pve? pig-8.gif​​

Great solution.

You get all butt hurt over some freeloaders, people who have no actual impact on what happens to you, and propose that a better way would be to allow bullies free reign to kill anyone who irritates them. Just because you're a big dog, you feel that actively wrecking people's game play is justified because they annoy you.

• booker27
    booker27 Posts: 167 Arc User
    shade13 said:

Do you understand now why some ppl are upset about all servers turning pve? pig-8.gif​​

People will just sit in sz. You get the kill as long as you dont leave story mode. Server being turned into PvP wouldnt change anything for those people.

If you are upset over some being afk though you might wanna take a break from playing. Getting mad over such small things in a game is not healthy.

• shade13
    edited January 2016
    perrion wrote: Β»
    Great solution.
    It's not great but it worked monkey-2.gif
    If you are upset over some being afk though you might wanna take a break from playing. Getting mad over such small things in a game is not healthy.

I'm not upset, but it's a game and pk is a part of it. Do you think I never got killed? You sound like that lol I'm not a GM in immune mode who cannot be killed and never was pig-47.gif
    ​​
    Sg4FlzA.png
  • perrion
    perrion Posts: 165 Arc User
    shade13 said:

I'm not upset, but it's a game and pk is a part of it.pig-47.gif​​

Not anymore, at least not for those who don't want it. Deal with it.

What did your "solution" accomplish anyway? Those that would AFK just wouldn't do it at all for the most part, so the boss wouldn't die any quicker. Ah but I guess it did satisfy your need to assert your superiority by using force to deal with minor annoyances. In a pinch you can still good outside and find a puppy to kick if need be.

• shade13
    perrion wrote: Β»
    What did your "solution" accomplish anyway?

Why are you so annoyed and worried about the very fact of such possibility if servers were pvp, that you start attacking ferociously everyone who talks about it? pig-17.gif You are sitting in blue name permanently, what's your problem? tiger-1.gif
    ​​
    Sg4FlzA.png
  • sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    OK, going to have to ask you to get back the the topic of the thread. There's other threads where you can argue PvP vs PvP. Without necro-ing them even.​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • wiktclown
    wiktclown Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    eirghan said:

I get some people don't have the gear to tank some of his damage... but for the end games... Why swim up and get the quest and then wait for someone else to do the work for you? Laziness? It's not harder to press f12 than it is to not press it.

This game never ceases to entertain me... tiger-30.gif
    ​​

Too bad there isnt a forum to go complain about all the worthless homeless ppl begging for your change too damn freeloaders QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ!
  • eirghan
    edited January 2016
    @shade13 ive understood why servers were pvp. But yes youre right that would definitely change this scenario xD

@wiktclown thanks for your valuable input into the conversation. As much as id like to agree with you i just simply cannot find the link between end game geared players in pwi and homeless people needing help. Maybe you could enlighten us?

My point was to put a different perspective forward. I know the majority of this community seems to be geared towards *get what to u need and **** everyone else and if you complain you're a salty qqer who should shut up* but thats kind of whats killed the game..

Who wants to do dailies for people like that? What new player can level in a server like that, with people refusing to help and only doing what they want or need? Lets be honest, if every person from a large faction does dailies like this, no wonder the smaller factions hate us with such fervor.

Smarten up =__=
  • razzzza
    razzzza Posts: 456 Arc User
    Im one of those guys who stand around checking every now and then if the kraken is 20m or less and then i attack.

Why? because im lazy and ppl do it no? im a lazy scum and i dont really care, im sorry Β―\_(ツ)_/¯​​
    m5k9ne4c.jpg
  • eirghan
    xD well its a valid take but only proves my point i guess.
  • dagoddominator
    dagoddominator Posts: 218 Arc User
    just move the boss closer to the leechers and let them get killed by the lil squids. otherwise i only start pirate king is i can get ppl there or i see enough ppl gathering. these days my playtime is super low so i dont have time to wait around for dailies and im not gonna expend sooooo much resources and time killing boss when 20 ppl can knock it down pretty quickly.
  • bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    I used to do the quest when it first appeared but now I dont care anymore about 1,2 mil exp and 4 star chart items given after a struggle of sometimes 30minutes of killing an over 100( or was it 200?) mil hp boss. And it burns alot of my mana charm too so no ty.
    giphy.gif

• eirghan
    edited January 2016
    Well that's kind of my point.

Only one person attacks, that person spends a charm or two, 45 minutes of everyones time for a low reward.

If half those people, or all of them attacked the boss, everyone would likely waste a bit of food and maybe 10 minutes tops.

If none of those people attack, no one will get the quest done. I'm sure if there are people out there who have just done it in the past and learned people abuse their will to just do quests, sooner or later they will just stop doing it altogether. People can wait forever to get the quest done far as I'm concerned.

No one wants to do it only because it takes so long and wastes so much resources because there is such a huge group of selfish players on PWI, but if people just did the quest as intended there wouldn't be this problem.... Make sense? Instead people choose to be lazy and be viewed as scum while waiting for hours to do a simple daily.

Ah well, this is why no one does dailies or plays the game amirite Β―\_(ツ)_/Β―
    ​​
  • bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    Well I dont know about others but about dailies that requires team effort like BH, or FSP I kinda stop doing them unless its something fast. Because of the lazy ppl that are being carried by others. And I know I am derailing a bit here but I was in an AEU squad once were there was this sin that was doing nothing. We had the balance thing and he stood there all time without atacking, than when it camed to bosses again he did nothing. And when I asked him why he doesnt atk he told me cause he is weak and the bosses can 1 shot him. I simply told him that maybe he shouldnt come to AEU if he is 1 shot, that he should improve his gear first. And he told me I am rude. Yes I was rude for dealing dmg, for doing something, not him for simply standing there. And sadly like him are many others that are carried by others.
    So again why should I go and consume a mana charm( and with me just a hand of people) trying to get down a boss while some lazy ( insert any insult name calling here) just stand there getting at the end the same rewards as me but without any effort or price?
    giphy.gif

• dagoddominator
    dagoddominator Posts: 218 Arc User
    i agree with the sentiments of you both, but in the case of AEU i raise hell and if its my squad i kick anyone who is not pulling their weight.

for pirate king i say just dont ever start in on it at full HP simply. i usually WC the coords (and location cus its easier to find with name of area) and wait to see if ppl/faction show up. i notice also that most ppl of normal ability often do the same. it really does help with this sort of frustration.
  • krian090590
    krian090590 Posts: 235 Arc User
    i agree. i've come across the lazy kind in squads, but usually i pm the squad leader and ask them to kick the lazy **** out. that works about 90% of the time. then again i've never done pirate king, so idk how that one goes. it's those lazy people who mooch of others (derailing a bit) not just in dungeons, but i totally get miffed when people world chat or randomly pm wanting free things. Either way I'm like get off your damn lazy **** and work for what you want
    Etherblade Server
    due to mishaps in my past few years in game, I do NOT accept random invites (faction/squad/friend no randoms period) NOR will I give buffs (cleric/barb/sin/exp if i have it) to random people because they ask. If I DO give buffs to a random person, it's because of a random whim (much like the red detonator button sitting at my desk that i will one day push at a random whim)
    Also do NOT look at my gear and then proceed to pm me asking to buy my gear or for a loan of coin. It's just plain rude.
    I have too many toons to name, but if you play on Etherblade server and you come across a toon that acts this way, or if the world is suddenly destroyed, it was probably me.
  • shade13
    i agree. i've come across the lazy kind in squads, but usually i pm the squad leader and ask them to kick the lazy **** out. that works about 90% of the time. then again i've never done pirate king, so idk how that one goes.

You need to hit it and wait till it dies. No need to be in squad with anyone. You can wait till others do the job for you ;)
    ​​
    Sg4FlzA.png
  • kartter
    kartter Posts: 152 Arc User
    Well....Usally i'm wcing for ppls then signet them. Boss dies quickly this way and not so costly, i think.
  • magiceffect
    magiceffect Posts: 162 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    I always wondered who has the time to do the idiotic quest which in 5% of times spawns the boss... Did it one time and stopped.

I also decided not to actively do this boss since its rewards move it down the list of best time/reward things to do.

I barely had time for all primal dailies several weeks ago. Now that that part is kind of done, I still get more from dual fsp runs, especially since simple fsp takes way less time to do now (if you know the ppl you go with!). I do not even have time to do all fsp runs I could, simply because at the moment I rank PV on main higher.

With 2 hours to spend in game per day, I do this boss once maybe 2 times per month, only when I know a good sqd is doing it.

I imagine this boss as a regular to do thing for 105X3 chars with titles and meridians completed, which are not that many. Hence the lack of active involvement of players when killing the boss.
    Dawnglory - SpellStormer (105 x 3): http://mypers.pw/10/#435948
  • joshuason
    joshuason Posts: 47 Arc User

Well, if you have the agro you an always get boss near them.

Big LOL :D One time we had just 3-4 of us stating on Pirate King but eventually more showed up. Been somewhat offgame last wek or so. This is actually 1 of my favorite "dailies", almost like doing an old school bh, like aba with just 6 people! I wasn't doin it everyday, but almost. And by the way, I don't have end game gear,{almost I suppose(full T3) if you factor in engraves on ornaments, cape and helm(non existent 2 yrs ago), 2nd RB, nuema tiers 5-6, blah blah blah) and i couldn't see going through a silver charm! But anyhow, yes, I liked my serving of Fried calamari, when I could get it! Woot! \o/