Petition for GMs to request for user UI and mouse size/configuration controls

Options
tictic99999
tictic99999 Posts: 204 Arc User
edited January 2016 in Suggestion Box
This is an issue that erks many people. The way the game is set up, the only control over the UI is the resolution size you play in. Some people like to play in HD, others like bigger buttons, etc. However There is no way to alter the pre-defined resolution to ui size ratios. For instance, on my main destop computer with a 27'' screen, I have to play on a 1280x1080 resolution in windowed mode just for the game skill buttons to be the correct size, however the screen is rather zoomed and not optimal. On my 15'' laptop it is much worse. It is pretty much impossible to play the game unless I use the 1280x1080 screen size or smaller and furthermore must play in full screen or the window is the size of the palm of my hand. Another odd thing, the mouse that goes with the UI strangely gets altered with different screens i na negative way. On my desktop the mouse is a normal size, however on my laptop the mouse is so big it is almost unplayable. The mouse is about the size of 3 skill boxes and covers over almost anything you try to read.
Anyhow what I am petitioning for:
- Simple user controlled resolution and UI sizing. This has been a gaming industry standard for over 5 years, look at any other modern game as proof of that.
- The ability to customize a "profile" sort of speak that saves your favorite resolutions, ui sizes, and other things that would be handy to switch between for the purposes of recording and other stuff.
- What this should do in particular is allow the user to use any resolution they want, have the screen in windowed mode be whatever size they like with that resolution, and be able to resize skill bars, and other UI functions, perhaps even move the UI around to where they would like it to be, a free-form system like how you can move your genie or skillbar to whereever you want.

While were at this, why not fix the macro system as well. I've never found a macro that actually works, it always breaks, especially when increasing channeling or triple sparking. Also macros shouldn't be limited to skills, a true macro combo needs genie skills and pots as well. (Gotta do that wombo combo yo!)

Update 1/5: add pic
http://postimg.org/gallery/3fw7x4iua/
thfunny-21-1.gif
(•_•) ( •_•)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)
Dawnglory's legendary Stormbringer ShockWave LV 105-105-103
7 year old Harshlands character, semi-retired Wizard Boomz
Will he reach 1800 spirit?
Post edited by tictic99999 on

Comments

• heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,807 Community Moderator
    Options
    can you do some SS for me please.

Ill log this I expect. Its not a bad suggestion from the off. Just remember how old PWI is mind.

Thanks.​​
  • sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    Options
    Most definitely I'll play with the stock vs HD and DSR this weekend. stock vs HD may take me a few days because I cannot for the life of me find the HDMI plug I need for the PC atm. (And I have at least three of these stupid things.)​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • heerohex#3018
    Options
    Most definitely I'll play with the stock vs HD and DSR this weekend. stock vs HD may take me a few days because I cannot for the life of me find the HDMI plug I need for the PC atm. (And I have at least three of these stupid things.)

Safe place ay. Yer I do that a lot as well. Stop looking for it and it will jump out on you!

P.S.
    I Sent you mail.

@tictic99999 can you do me some SS for this please so we have some more info to go on.

Thanks.​​
  • tictic99999
    Options
    sorry almost forgot this was in this section, i'll get some ss later today. Unfortunately I can't show any comparison screenshots until i go back to college where my desktop is, but i can surely show how bad the ui is on the 13'' laptop
    thfunny-21-1.gif
    (•_•) ( •_•)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)
  • heerohex#3018
    Options
    sorry almost forgot this was in this section, i'll get some ss later today. Unfortunately I can't show any comparison screenshots until i go back to college where my desktop is, but i can surely show how bad the ui is on the 13'' laptop

Ok that's fine Ill hold this thread until I get the Images. Want to be able to add them to the Logs for backup and to show the point in bold.

Thanks.​​
  • tictic99999
    edited January 2016
    Options
    here are a couple images. There is a couple pictures of 1280x1080 in full and windowed mode on a 13'' laptop. Then the last photo is what this game should look like but the ui is too small (mouse still huge). the last one is a 1900x1200 resolution i think.
    http://postimg.org/gallery/3fw7x4iua/

edit: i just checked but aparently you don't see how big the mouse is when you take a screenshot.... but it is roughly the size of 3-4 of those skills in the skill bar.
    thfunny-21-1.gif
    (•_•) ( •_•)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)
  • sylenthunder
    Options
    Just got the HDMI cable today. Will be adding to this tonight.​​

​​
  • sylenthunder
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Ok, so a month later.....
    Note: clicking on the image "should" open it in a new tab, assuming Vanilla doesn't **** it up.

1920x1080
    t38dI4A.png

2715x1527 DSR 1.5x (What I'd like to play on.)
    7uv47TW.jpg

4096x2304 4k HD (For some reason though, the client took the screenshot at 3840x2160. Notice how it also fails to render the beam in the center of the city.
    TFJ7BAB.jpg

3840x1080 Surround on two monitors. I really wish I had a third because this was impressive. I was a bit surprised that it extended the FOV as much as it did.
    G58I6NY.jpg

Sadly, my TV has now decided it doesn't like the HDMI from the PC, and DVI-to-HDMI didn't look any different than the HDMI resolution on the PC. (Which is odd, because last time I tested this, I used the DVI-to-HDMI cable because the PC at the time didn't have an HDMI port. Not really sure what's going on there atm.)

Updated post to fix broken image links.​​
    Post edited by sylenthunder on

​​
  • tictic99999
    edited February 2016
    Options
    those skill bars look so small it would give me cancer trying to play on that resolution lol

edit: This is my resolution on my desktop which has a 27'' hd monitor @ 2048x1152 resolution.
    As a merchant I almost never play in full screen. My current preference is the 1680x1050 resolution on my main client which is this:

And a 1152x864 on my catshop(s).
    thfunny-21-1.gif
    (•_•) ( •_•)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)
  • tictic99999
    edited February 2016
    Options
    That resolution would give me cancer lol the skill bars so small

This is a 1680x1050 resolution on a 27'' hd 2048x1152 screen. This is in windowed mode because as a merchant I almost never use full screen mode
    2016_02_18_11_27_12.png
    My catshop(s) usually use 1152x864 resolution

edit #345349848975: arc was screwy... went to chrome....​​
    thfunny-21-1.gif
    (•_•) ( •_•)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)
  • heerohex#3018
    Options
    thats dreadful....​​
  • joecisco
    joecisco Posts: 102 Arc User
    Options
    Yeah, I play at 1680x1050 myself and with the latest additions to the UI, it's really starting to feel cramped.​​